SWkotorGOH? What's next?

Replies

• gpeeee
    126 posts Member
    I didn’t mean for anything hostile to occur by the post so I apologize for that. I do agree with many of your points. Such as, I never played the game, I’ve never seen rebels or even clone wars and I definitely do not like TLJ. However I did find Thrawn’s character and Nihilus’ character really interesting so I asked friends about it and got some background on them just from hearing about them through this game.
    My post is probably mostly out of a little frustration because the majority of the strongest characters in the game currently are from KOTOR and I have almost zero relation to that game. This is the only game that I have time for, if that, so I can’t get into KOTOR either. I’m fine with adding characters, it just seems like it has been pretty heavy KOTOR for quite some time.
  • gpeeee wrote: »
    I didn’t mean for anything hostile to occur by the post so I apologize for that. I do agree with many of your points. Such as, I never played the game, I’ve never seen rebels or even clone wars and I definitely do not like TLJ. However I did find Thrawn’s character and Nihilus’ character really interesting so I asked friends about it and got some background on them just from hearing about them through this game.
    My post is probably mostly out of a little frustration because the majority of the strongest characters in the game currently are from KOTOR and I have almost zero relation to that game. This is the only game that I have time for, if that, so I can’t get into KOTOR either. I’m fine with adding characters, it just seems like it has been pretty heavy KOTOR for quite some time.

Maybe spend some time watching some lore videos on kotor? It's not the same thing as playing the game, but it's something you could do in between waiting for your energy to recharge or p1 of the HSTR to finish. And sorry if I was hostile too, from my point of view, my favorite content is being attacked daily and yet it was my favorite game series as a kid.

Here is a quality video series that explains Revan. The channel also has stories about the Sith Triumvirate, and characters from KOTOR 2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aj8KqT9vs4g
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Just being Pragmatic here, but if you try to compare character development of a 2 hour movie vs a 60 hour video game (with probably 1.5-2ish hours of cutscenes) then yes - they can be equal and people can come to like them as much. I'm convinced Lucas original brilliance - and the reason the stories are still alive today - is that he made even the bit and secondary characters interesting enough for you to go "Wait - who is THAT dude?" Even if the dont say a word or very little. (Bounty Hunters and Wedge and Tarkin are great examples). Video games can do that even more.

I'm not favoring one over the other, but since we are talking about a bioware game:

I was heavily invested in HK and Bastilla characters in KOTOR.

Moridn Solus and Ashley and the crew from ME 2 and the choices you had to make at the end. And Mordin's storyline in ME3. Yeah had to take a deep breath after those.

I like those guys just as much as the movie characters. They are different media, but dont presume one is greater than the other.
  • CazNeerg
    361 posts Member
    it doesn't make them "inherently" less than, but I've never seen a video game - ever - that had characterization as deep or as complex as even the relatively predictable Star Wars movie characters. On top of that, I've never heard people quote dialog of video game characters the way people quote dialog from movies like various Star Wars movies or The Princess Bride. And I've played interesting video games, sure. FF7 & Parasite Eve were two I really liked from just before the KOTOR era, but while they had interesting story to them, the VAST majority of the time you're interacting with the game you're not getting story, you're hunting items or fighting a boss, etc.

I'm personally of the opinion that the pressure from munchkins to include Revan not only pushed EA/CG to make a Revan (which is fine), but also forced EA/CG to make Revan super powerful or face a horrendous backlash.

I am, of course, only one player. I'm also not going to stop playing simply because they introduce characters from KOTOR or one (or a few) overpowered character/s. But I do have my preferences, and my current preference is that moving on from KOTOR is probably more to my taste than dwelling on it further.

Let me guess; you've never played any BioWare or Obsidian games? Because, frankly, all of the games from both companies, even the worst games from them, have better writing (and often better acting) than almost all of the Star Wars movies. HK-47 is easily the best droid in the Star Wars franchise, and arguably the best robot in fiction, period. Kreia (from KOTOR 2) is the most philosophically interesting force user in Star Wars. Revan's story arc is far, far more interesting than either Anakin's or Luke's, and that's no matter which particular set of choices the player chooses to assign to him.

As much fun as Japanese designed games like Final Fantasy can be, they are nothing like a quality western RPG in the BioWare style.

As far as Revan's power level, they couldn't have made him mediocre and had it make sense. That has nothing to do with game mechanics, it has to do with the fact that he was the most accomplished and powerful force user of his era. There is *far* more narrative justification for a triple zeta Revan (or two triple zeta Revans) than there is for the Commander version of Luke Skywalker or the trainee version of Rey to have three zetas.

And, after Revan and Malak, they don't really have any choice but to move on, at least from the first KOTOR, because all the interesting characters will already be in. Though there is a lot of ground left to mine in KOTOR 2.
    Kokie wrote: »
    How a 2nd rate video games characters have been put into such a high status in this game I'll never know. KOTOR content isnt even official star wars material yet we have a year long dominance from toons 75% of the star wars fandom never heard of. It is what it is but I would much prefer real characters from star wars be part of any meta

It's actually first rate video game characters. Whether you go by critic scores or audience scores, the KOTOR games are some of the most acclaimed RPGs ever. Not just among Star Wars games, among all games. Most people who are both gamers and Star Wars fans are familiar with KOTOR. Are you arguing that most of the paying player base for SWGOH consists of Star Wars fans whose interest in gaming begins and ends with mobile games?
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    @CazNeerg Heh. We both just posted basically the same thing. ;)
  • CazNeerg
    361 posts Member
    I'm sorry, but who are these KOTOR characters again? What movie can I watch them in again? Who directed those movies? Oh wait that's right they aren't in any movies because they are not part of star wars lore anymore than a big mac from McDonalds is.

Fortunately for the rest of us, you don't have any say about what is or isn't part of Star Wars lore. That is Disney's decision.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Rogenhamen wrote: »
    How a 2nd rate video games characters have been put into such a high status in this game I'll never know. KOTOR content isnt even official star wars material yet we have a year long dominance from toons 75% of the star wars fandom never heard of. It is what it is but I would much prefer real characters from star wars be part of any meta

kfp5tjkoazu4.png

First off, you child, Kotor 1 and 2 are two of the best Star Wars games ever made, hands down. Gameplay may be mediocre and difficult for your brain to comprehend, but the story was amazing and the aesthetics and atmosphere of the games immerse you in the Star Wars universe.
    Second, Disney has no say about what's canon especially since they didn't create Star Wars. They may own it now but by calling certain stories "Legends" they've made it that much easier to avoid their content. Canon doesn't mean anything anyway. Star Wars canon is whatever you want it to be.
    I guarantee you that more than 75% of the Star Wars fandom has heard of most if not all of these characters. How dare you insult me by saying that these aren't real characters. The Kotor franchise is better than anything Disney Wars has created. Maybe Rebels can rival it but only because it was spearheaded by Dave Filoni, Lucas' spiritual successor. Go educate yourself by putting at least one playthrough of the Kotor games under your belt before you criticize the characters for not being "real", whatever that means.

I'm sorry, but who are these KOTOR characters again? What movie can I watch them in again? Who directed those movies? Oh wait that's right they aren't in any movies because they are not part of star wars lore anymore than a big mac from McDonalds is.

I'm pretty sure you can go on youtube and at least watch all of the cutscenes from each, at least. Watch Mass Effect 1 and 2 while you are at it. ;)
  • @CazNeerg
    As far as Revan's power level, they couldn't have made him mediocre and had it make sense. That has nothing to do with game mechanics, it has to do with the fact that he was the most accomplished and powerful force user of his era. There is *far* more narrative justification for a triple zeta Revan (or two triple zeta Revans) than there is for the Commander version of Luke Skywalker or the trainee version of Rey to have three zetas.

And yet, C-3PO is one of the most powerful characters in the game. And r2. Sith Trooper is an amazing tank, and in the right line up is deadlier than Vader. Meanwhile, Death Trooper single-handedly nukes Chewbacca from the same era. Veers who did next to nothing in the source material is completely transformative in this game.

Of course they could have made Revan less powerful. None of these power levels make sense just comparing toons in the game to the one-on-one strength of a toon in the source material. And while, yes, Revan was described as powerful in his own source material, power-in-the-source-material didn't stop EA/CG from making GMY and Emperor Palp both less powerful than Commander Luke. Old Ben is pathetic compared to what his power supposedly was in Ep4 and should be easily more powerful than Commander Luke also.

In short, you can declare that there's more rationale for making Revan powerful than for making Commander Luke powerful, but you're only succeeding in stressing the fact that which toons are made powerful has little to do with source material and everything to do with satisfying the fantasies of its player base.

GIVEN THAT, I think it's much more likely that Revan's great power has more to do with satisfying munchkins than a commitment on the part of EA to make sure that power levels are logically related to who was more powerful than whom in the source material. You simply cannot reasonably argue that this is how EA makes power decisions. Hell, if you put OG Farmboy up against OG Old Ben, Farmboy would have won. Maybe not now after the rework, I'm not sure, but even now it's possible Farmboy might win that contest. Does that make sense? Then why do you think that the decision about Revan's power level has anything to do with logically deducing power levels from systematic character to character comparisons? Revan's power level doesn't "make sense" according to source materials because none of the power levels "make sense" according to source materials. They only "make sense" in that EA wants to make money and making Revan powerful makes them more money. That's it.

I understand your arguments, but you asked me why I shy away from KOTOR characters. I explained the reasons for my preference. You asked why I think non-video game characters are inherently better, I explained that I don't, but that in my experience video game characters haven't been better, and that, more importantly, I see the urge to satisfy munchkins as a motivation which is more likely to make the game worse than better.

You seem to be arguing whether my preference is justified. But I don't have to justify my preference. It's my preference and I'm not buying up shares of EA stock to gain dictatorial powers over which characters are released, so my preference doesn't affect you in any way. I answered you mainly because the premise of your question is wrong: my preference does not come from an assumption that characters from previous video games are automatically or inherently bad. I have a thoughtful take on what the pressures involved are and I have experience with other video games that doesn't make me optimistic about KOTOR characters.

You can disagree, but my preference is not without foundation and my preference doesn't affect you, so why are you trying to argue with me about whether my preference is somehow "right"?

It's a very weird conversation you're trying to have here.
  • CazNeerg
    361 posts Member
    You don't have experience with the relevant video games though. Expressing an opinion about how likely the characters in a BioWare game are to have depth based on your experience with JRPGs is like expressing an opinion on how fresh oranges taste based on one time when you sniffed a cup of apple juice.

I'm not saying your preferences are "wrong," I'm saying your positions appear to be based on assumptions inconsistent with the reality of the products being discussed. It's very difficult for anyone to express a sensible opinion about a piece of entertainment he hasn't experienced.

As to whether particular power levels make sense, I agree that many do not. But that doesn't mean we should be unhappy with it when one of them does actually make sense. The motivation of everything CG does is to make money, but I for one am happy when they manage to do that while also respecting the source material. Technically the most powerful Luke we ever get should probably be Green Milk Mustache Luke from The Last Jedi.
  • @CazNeerg
    I'm saying your positions appear to be based on assumptions inconsistent with the reality of the products being discussed.

First, they're not based on assumptions. They're based on the experience that I have. You can argue that my experiences aren't with the actual KOTOR games, but I already know that and I've already said that. I'm not hiding anything. So you saying that my experience isn't with KOTOR itself comes across as argumentative and ridiculous. I can only judge things based on what I actually know, and Japanese RPGs + Baldur's Gate are what I actually know, not KOTOR.

But secondly you keep ignoring the largest and most important part of what I've said, which is that I don't like munchkins driving game development. Can't you even stop to admit, "Hey, you've got a good point there?" Or are you just trying to "win" an argument with me (which is what it feels like).

Or perhaps you're saying that munchkins didn't play KOTOR and munchkins wouldn't have thrown a fit if they thought Revan was underpowered? Because that's ridiculous.

It's really hard to tell where you going with this because you just keep repeating that I haven't played KOTOR as if I don't know that I haven't played KOTOR and as if telling me that I haven't played KOTOR is going to suddenly make me say, "Oh, y'know, I never realized that I haven't played KOTOR. I guess now I totally prefer characters from KOTOR rather than other source material."

Yes. I know I haven't played KOTOR. Yes, my preferences are what they are. Yes, more than anything they're based on a bias against munchkins leading the direction of game development. Also yes, they are somewhat based on my experience with video games being about you making the choices, which limits the ability of the writers of the video game to fully characterize the featured personae because a truly full characterization would ultimately dictate your choices to you. Even more than that, as I said, even if the characterization is well done, what people tend to remember from video games - yes, in my experience - is what they did during the game, not the cut scenes or dialog.

So,
    1. I don't like munchkin power fantasies driving development (biggest reason)
    2. My experience is that the medium somewhat limits characterization, (small reason)
    3. The human tendency to remember what we did in a video game + simply spending more hours controlling the character than having the character painted for you in cut scenes & the like = stronger impressions of your individual accomplishments than the scripted characterization (additional small reason)

all totals up to,
    1. I feel more optimistic about upcoming characters if they're from source material other than prior video games, including KOTOR
    2. My preference isn't that strong, because EA doesn't seem to have messed things up too badly yet, though the power level of Revan seems to have creeped things along even faster than usual, which I didn't like
    3. My preferences are not based on assumptions.
    4. I feel really weird about you focussing entirely on the fact that I haven't played KOTOR.

Look, if you like KOTOR and you think I should believe KOTOR is better than the FF series or whatever, then you should be saying, "Oh, hey! If you like characterization, in KOTOR 2 there's this great scene on Disc 3 where Character X makes this fabulous joke that only makes sense if you've been playing Character Y for hours, but OMG it totally makes all you time getting to know that character so worth it because you'll laugh so hard!"

Just saying that I should prefer something that I don't prefer because you know something I don't without even telling me what it is that I don't know, (and, by the way, ignoring the single most important reason for my preference to focus on a weaker reason for my preference) that's ... strange.

Feel free to start a thread about why everyone should love KOTOR. Write up all the great reasons. Maybe I'll even decide it's worth spending money on and someday I'll love KOTOR too.

But I feel more optimistic about non-KOTOR characters and telling me over and over that I haven't played KOTOR isn't going to change that feeling.

So, okay. Have a good night or whatever it is in your time zone.

CD
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    I want munchkins to be released next

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KSiyaqnZYs
  • Other people are using the term "munchkins" which I'm going to presume is the polite way of saying "children", just in a discrete and non-accusatory fashion.

Nope.

It has quite an extensive history as a term in the role-playing game community. From one wiki's take:
    Munchkins are often accused of ''roll-playing, a pun on 'role' that notes how munchkins are often more concerned with the numbers and die rolls than with the roles that they play.

A more neutral use of the term does in reference to novice players, who, not know yet how to roleplay, typically obsess about the statistical "power" of their characters rather than developing their characters' personalities.

The entire wiki entry is actually harsher than I've seen it used in my circles, but I've lived in Oregon and British Columbia, which are pretty friendly places. Maybe in places where people are known to be harsher (I'm looking at you, New York & Philadelphia) they're harsher with their use. But whether they're harsher in their use back east or not, the general sense is obviously the same and the quoted portion of their wiki entry is exactly how I was using it.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Other people are using the term "munchkins" which I'm going to presume is the polite way of saying "children", just in a discrete and non-accusatory fashion.

Nope.

It has quite an extensive history as a term in the role-playing game community. From one wiki's take:
    Munchkins are often accused of ''roll-playing, a pun on 'role' that notes how munchkins are often more concerned with the numbers and die rolls than with the roles that they play.

A more neutral use of the term does in reference to novice players, who, not know yet how to roleplay, typically obsess about the statistical "power" of their characters rather than developing their characters' personalities.

The entire wiki entry is actually harsher than I've seen it used in my circles, but I've lived in Oregon and British Columbia, which are pretty friendly places. Maybe in places where people are known to be harsher (I'm looking at you, New York & Philadelphia) they're harsher with their use. But whether they're harsher in their use back east or not, the general sense is obviously the same and the quoted portion of their wiki entry is exactly how I was using it.

Oh we call that power player in terms of rpgs. This is not really an rpg though, not even a crpg (which is also hardly rpg). The very basis of this game is power creep.

Revan wasn't going to be released so op. It was due to GCs feedback CG amped it up.
  • CazNeerg
    361 posts Member
    But secondly you keep ignoring the largest and most important part of what I've said, which is that I don't like munchkins driving game development. Can't you even stop to admit, "Hey, you've got a good point there?" Or are you just trying to "win" an argument with me (which is what it feels like).

Or perhaps you're saying that munchkins didn't play KOTOR and munchkins wouldn't have thrown a fit if they thought Revan was underpowered? Because that's ridiculous.

I haven't responded to your references to "munchkins" because I have no idea who you are talking about. Any game which relies on a continued stream of discretionary spending to keep it afloat relies on pleasing those customers who actually spend. I believe the common term for that group is "whales." As far as I can tell, that is the only group CG is trying to cater to, and necessarily so. Games don't survive and thrive based on pleasing the people who aren't spending money. But I have no idea who these "munchkins" are, or why anyone would care what they think. Except to the extent the group overlaps with whales, at which point they are being catered to because of membership in that group.

I assume the level of focus on KOTOR is based on CG believing that they can turn new people into whales through that focus. The fact that the focus has continued after reaching obvious potential pause points would seem to indicate that they have been making enough money on the gambit to have proven their belief correct.
  • Other people are using the term "munchkins" which I'm going to presume is the polite way of saying "children", just in a discrete and non-accusatory fashion.

Nope.

Huh, learn something new every day.
    Started July 2016, completely FTP : https://swgoh.gg/u/rogenhamen/
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    CazNeerg wrote: »

I haven't responded to your references to "munchkins" because I have no idea who you are talking about. Any game which relies on a continued stream of discretionary spending to keep it afloat relies on pleasing those customers who actually spend. I believe the common term for that group is "whales." As far as I can tell, that is the only group CG is trying to cater to, and necessarily so. Games don't survive and thrive based on pleasing the people who aren't spending money. But I have no idea who these "munchkins" are, or why anyone would care what they think. Except to the extent the group overlaps with whales, at which point they are being catered to because of membership in that group.

I assume the level of focus on KOTOR is based on CG believing that they can turn new people into whales through that focus. The fact that the focus has continued after reaching obvious potential pause points would seem to indicate that they have been making enough money on the gambit to have proven their belief correct.

The game purely profiting of whales is not true as it can't be true statistically. We can't know the distribution of spending amongst players, we do know it has a few million playerbase and you can google some articles about their quarterly earnings (in 50M$s). For the game to keep it's profit margins (and not enter a declining period like most mobile games eventually does) they have to basically cater to players of any spending grade and f2p and they have done so for the life of the game with differing actions.
  • EA_Rtas
    1141 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Folks reel in the personal attacks and arguments please I've just had to remove a significant amount of posts that were just derailing and not even remotely constructive. Debate and constructive conversation is fine but this thread has had a lot of name calling and call outs so lets reel it in going forward.
  • Rogenhamen wrote: »
    gpeeee wrote: »
    Hey guys, I know many of you enjoy KOTOR but personally, I could care less and have zero interest in anything KOTOR. That being said, the announcement of Ebon Hawk had me wondering what it was and, of course, it's another KOTOR item. After this year long of pretty much KOTOR take over, what do you guys think will be next? Do you think there will be anything else canon to release BEFORE Episode 9 or do you think it will mostly be Episode 9 stuff? Just curious as to what you guys think might be on the books for future AFTER KOTOR.

Don't care what comes after unless it's all the main characters from KOTOR 2 or Delta Squad from Republic Commando. Until then I'mma farm all the KOTOR toons cause they've actually got character behind them. Everyone in the Sequel trilogy is static and has no growth. Maybe Kylo, but I'm not gunna hold my breath. It has only been a year of KOTOR and the Devs stated that they had an ambitious 5-year plan for the game, I'm sure you non-KOTOR fans might get some characters you'll enjoy.

Delta squad is canon (albeit a brief cameo in the clone wars series) so I would love to see them added sometime. Possibly around the time the new clone wars season releases
  • Juzz
    366 posts Member
    Answering to original theme of "What's next" I would enjoy having:
    * a Gundam Squad
    * a fifth char for a Geonosian squad
    * some more clones to add diversity like Troopers have
    * at least 2 more Capital Ships to have diversity to choose from
    Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain
  • Kokie wrote: »
    I don't get this.

We have some of the most obscure side characters from both the clone wars & the original series - hell we even have Rose Tico yet the addition of one of the most powerful Jedi/Sith lords ever - Revan is met with distain.

Pao, Bodhi Rook, Shoretrooper, all the Jawas/Ewoks, Tuskens, Ima-Gun-Di & the rest of the unknowns, Ugnaught, Bistan, Lobot, the Geonoisians (aside from Poggle), half the characters from the last 2 films all have almost zero lore attributed to them.

In reality, Carth Onasi for example - has far more lines of dialogue & backstory than Finn, Rose Tico, Rey, half the OG films cast & the others.
  • Devian
    663 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    You know, even though you are completely wrong on 2nd rate vg(Old Era is so much better and whole then other timelines, without even counting new crapsith trilogy), I think you are right on this.
    Ppl should already separate Kotor (and mb some parts) off Disney SW, and Establish StarVerse(or SWLegends). Coz Old Era is so deep and big it can be comparable to the world inside new canon-box, where every being can cast force magic(thnx ruin johnson).
    It's already fans vs disney(which can't be worse). And fans can't be wrong on liking the work of thousands of writers over disney's sjws
    And swgoh should separate on to two games: "sw galaxy of legends" and "sw galaxy of marvels"
    P.S. kotor is not simply one or two games(+mmo), it's tons of lore(comics and books as well, lots of them)
    P.P.S. it's good there is at least this game that remembers great SW characters
    Post edited by Devian on
  • I never played KOTOR, so I'm still a bit bewildered by the apparent passion for characters from one video game to be ported into a completely different video game with completely different mechanics.

So, of course, I have no idea what inspires KOTOR fans or when this fad will be over, but I can say that back in the rest of the Star Wars universe that they still haven't tapped all the good characters from Rebels. The Inquisitors (minus the very silly helicopter-travel-by-spinning-lightsaber) would work. A post-Clone Wars Darth maul with robot legs would work. Vulture droids for ships would almost work. You'd have to figure out what you want to require on the "pilot" side. I think you're seeing the emergence of new attention to ships with Han's Falcon, the Emperor's Shuttle, and now Ebon Hawk. Rather than a few important ships, I believe those are the leading edge of significant tide. We might get a ship raid (or, as I prefer and just discussed on another thread, a ship GW that refreshes weekly instead of daily).

There's a lot of things we might get. Hopefully it will be from content that's not another video game. But to each her own, and my Bastila thrashes TB nodes equally well whether I ever played KOTOR or not.

2 games actually :smile: but honestly I think a lot of people are excited by the fact that KOTOR releases could potentially mean other releases from the Legends timelines and not just new canon content.

I don't know if other legends material would be introduced. KotOR is, or I should say was owned by bioware. That company was purchased by Electronic Arts in 2007.
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    edited March 2019
    Always grateful to see a future speculation thread. I’m a big fan of anything Star Wars, whether it’s KOTOR, OG Trilogy, Prequels, Cartoon Dramas, or sequels.
    We all have diverse opinions on what we’d like next. So I keep in mind that the final movie is due this year. I’m really enjoying the KOTOR, they are fun and add a lot to other factions/professions such as OR, Scoundrels, Jedi and Sith. My favorite release character is arguably Sith Trooper. (I like them all though)
    Let’s be respectful of everyone’s opinions.
  • SWGAMER6
    539 posts Member
    EA has been contracted to put out official Star Wars game content, and KOTOR, though entertaining, is not official content. EA’s Star Wars contract with Lucasfilm is only for the next 5 years hence why CG Carrie said they have a 5 year plan. Therefore the more time and resources CG puts into KOTOR the less official Star Wars content will be released in this Star Wars game. That is the real tragedy because there is enough actual Star Wars content that could be used to make this game last for a very long time. The bottom line is that the only people who benefit from KOTOR in this game is EA. This is because the less time they have to deal with Lucasfilm for every character/content production and release, then the quicker they can get their own content out there (i.e. KOTOR) and the more money they can make for themselves at the fans expense.
  • Droideka
    615 posts Member
    Phoenixeon wrote: »
    If you dont like it, dont level gear those char, simple.
    Be patient, you will get your turn.
    But what if our turn is bad? I waited a long time for the GG rework just for him to be terrible, while all of these KOTOR toons have been running the meta for a year. Whatever is in store down the road, it will probably never have the dominance that KOTOR has had in this game.
  • keiths9216 wrote: »
    If KOTOR has a place here, what about other video games like unleashed and battlefront to name a few?

Knights of the Old Republic is an EA game so I'd imagine if we see more characters from another game it'd be Inferno Squad from Battlefront 2 since it's also from EA.
  • I'll bet they make more money on KOTOR content than they will on sequel trilogy content.
  • I loved the KOTOR games, but I'm over it too. Bastilla, Bindo, and Juhani are dynamic and interesting while Anakin Skywalker and Mace f'n Windo are sitting over here as trash toons... it's just bizarre. I'm all for new and interesting content, but the focus seems to be way off. That's not even mentioning Revan as the supreme meta killer of all metas. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    6aouk09m8ugy.png

Carrie teased that something is coming tomorrow. Don't know if that means March 7 or March 8, but it's likely more KOTOR.

I absolutely loved KOTOR. It's in my Top 3 games of all-time. But, like many of you, I'm ready for SWGOH to move on and focus on other factions and stories again.
  • Well, we now know tomorrow will bring us the Ebon Hawk as part of a Galactic Chase event. Could be that or it may be we have something else in the works.

Personally; I loved the KOTOR games and I'm fine with all the KOTOR content. I do, however, dislike how OP Revan is. It'd be nice to see some diversity but... meh. It's a money train at the end of the day.

As for whats next; I'm expecting Clone Wars content next and moving into EP9 content at the end of the year. Seps have just had some reworks and new units so I'd expect something similar for Galactic Republic.