No Malak ????

Prev13
Aydnie
432 posts Member
Where is Darth Malak ?? Why he isn't a requierement for Darth Revan ??????

Replies

• No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Yes Malak, oh yes oh yes oh yes.
  • They might release him in a month as a marquee (like jango) or maybe a legendary but dont think hes a heroes journey level toon
  • Malak was weak. No mattee how you shaped the story and who you had as companions, he always got crushed.
    Bastilla is the only worthy opponent he's ever defeated iirc.
  • vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Please enough with Kotor.

Time to move on to the real Star Wars
  • Aydnie
    432 posts Member
    petition for making malak a requierement in darth revan hero journey
  • Aydnie
    432 posts Member

Kotor IS the real star wars

there's no "false" or "real" star wars
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member

Typical no true scotsman fallacy.
  • Kotor for life over anothe han chewy leia Luke or any other toon that has several copies that are over used every where i would like bane exar ulic and other sith and jedi from those eras
  • Please enough with Kotor.

Only after Darth Malak.

what's left yet from the "real Star Wars" besides jedi Luke ? :D
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Hey heh, hey ho, these sith guys got to GOOOOOOOO hey hey, hey ho, these sith lords have got to go hey hey hey ho we need another rose, hey hey, hey ho we need another rose. Hey hey hey ho, We need some ship content LET'S GO, hey hey hey ho WE NEED SOME SHIP CONTENT LET'S GO !!!!!!!!
  • Ships ruined the game in my opinion
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Ships ruined the game in my opinion

lol you skipped over the "we need another rose" (glorious posting potential) to go right to "I hate ships"

Thankfully we have a choice in which mode we prefer to focus on..... personally in my opinion ships is the only thing in this game that's not bad right now (timeout fleets were bad tho i give ya that)

Tho it was way worse when timer was longer
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Aydnie wrote: »

Pretty sure the Ewok christmas special should count as fake.
  • Aydnie wrote: »

Well... let’s not add The Last Jedi’s mess into quality Star Wars.
  • VonZant wrote: »

How dare you. I want Bea Arthur in this game so much.

Please, enlighten us, which portions of Star Wars are "real?"
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    CazNeerg wrote: »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-Nz6us7DUA

Hmmm, the original Republic....the formation of the Jedi....the Sith Empire....hundreds of years of warring between the Jedi and Sith....massive battles between the Light Side of the Force and the Dark Side of the Force. Sounds pretty "Star Wars" to me.
  • CazNeerg wrote: »

Let me enlighten you. Out of all star wars fans, what would you say, how many of them would say that any of kotor toons are significant?

Let me enlighten you. Out of all star wars fans, what would you say, how many of them would say that any of kotor toons are significant?

Out of the ones willing to spend money on a video game? Probably quite a few, given that the two KOTOR games aren't just the most critically acclaimed Star Wars games, they are some of the most acclaimed RPGs of all time, and the years they were first released put their biggest fans in the perfect age bracket to be willing to spend.

Kotor is definitely my favorite star wars property by far. The very first post I ever made in my guild chat was asking people if they thought there was any chance of revan coming to the game.
  • Tbirds01
    1235 posts Member
    VonZant wrote: »

@VonZant how dare you even mention that! Lucas will have your head for even mentioning that show in his presence.
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • To me, real Star Wars is what takes place around the time of the movies - a few years before the prequels to RotJ.
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • Movies are a very small part of star wars as a whole
  • Stick
    647 posts Member
    Movies are a very small part of star wars as a whole

No. Without the movies , there is nothing. The movies are the most important , and the truest Star Wars because it’s what George Lucas wanted and created. He made the genius of the first film. So what he likes or creates is what is real Star Wars. And he hates kotor.

Darth Bane.
    His unique - Rule of Two - only lets you have him and one other toon on a team. And he will dominate Arena like no other.
    Participation trophy? No. You want something: earn it.
  • CazNeerg
    361 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Stick wrote: »
    Movies are a very small part of star wars as a whole

No. Without the movies , there is nothing. The movies are the most important , and the truest Star Wars because it’s what George Lucas wanted and created. He made the genius of the first film. So what he likes or creates is what is real Star Wars. And he hates kotor.

Read up on the history of Star Wars. Most of what people actually like about the OT was contributed by people other than Lucas. He was convinced by others that his first cut of the first movie wasn't very good, and changed it based on their input, and he had almost nothing to do with Empire Strikes Back. The one where he let his personal vision dominate the most in the OT was RotJ, which basically everyone considers the worst of the first three, by a wide margin. And the prequels showed us what happens when he ignores input from others over the course of an entire trilogy.

He can hate KOTOR all he wants, but it has better writing than anything he ever personally wrote, better direction than anything he personally directed, and most of the voice acting is better than almost all of the actual acting from movies where he was the director.

The issue that’s plaguing you is that you don’t seem to realize that the KOTOR toons were very significant to the Star Wars universe for their time period. Just like the Original Trilogy toons were significant for their time period, and the Clone Wars toons for theirs, Darth Bane and others for theirs, etc. The Star Wars universe covers time periods well before the Original Trilogy. Lastly, there are thousands upon thousands of folks who played and loved the KOTOR games, so a great many of Star Wars fans including myself, and some of the Devs apparently, feel the KOTOR toons and time period are significant.

On that note, I’m hoping they bring more KOTOR toons like Darth Malak, Force Sensitive Kreia (who is/was Darth Traya), and the bounty hunter Calo Nord to name a few.