Waqui wrote: »
    Tanzos wrote: »
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    TRanger wrote: »
    There are always gonna be differences in the GA matchups, we all agree on that. No matter which metric they use whether straight GP, number of zetas, number of G12, number of legendaies, Etc there will always be some who will win and some who will lose.

This new (probably soon to be abandoned GA) is a good example. I have reached the final of every GA so far. Won some and lost some. This time round in my group 3 of the 8 have good Revan squads and if they put them on defence (which I would) it will be very tough indeed to get through them. Pretty much means I won't be able to clear and thus will probably lose that round.

Bummer? Aye but it doesn't discourage me or make me particularly salty, just makes me more determined that next time Revan comes around I will be ready for him and will get my own. Then I will have a counter for him and I will be more competitive in this and other game modes. And that's kinda the point.

GA, probably more than any other area of the game, shows places where your roster needs improving. It should make you sit down and look at what you need to work on. Regardless of how much fluff you might have you only need X teams for your bracket and that means a total of X toons for those teams. Plan out those teams, plan out those toons and start working. The faster you do that, the faster you will see results.

Some people's rosters will always be stronger due to many factors, spending money in game, top rank guilds, very focused player, etc. But it is within your grasp to make your roster better, if you choose to.

If not, then maybe accepting that GA may not be the game mode for you, is your way forward

As with so many things in this game, YMMV

What do you not understand ...all this prior GA..and a huge chunk post TB pre TW..read the game philosophy...posted multiple times a few pages back. If those so called fluff toons weren't meant to be used why are they selling shards or have nodes to collect them. You guys are playing hop scotch with the issue...which remains....GA is in no way fair...

Will someone any one of you please share why you feel must be given matches you can easily win vs earning the rewards you receive to continue to be matched against players who can not beat you.

Why is GA I only for you..how about being matched with only players of your similar focus instead..and all players to be matched the same..similar roster/ focus/ toons/ res distribution/ play style....and you guys on the other focus vs your piers.

Nobody ever told you to fluff your roster..... Period.

Those toons and nodes to contact left them are there for when it is time to focus on collecting that team.... Nothing more nothing less.....

And no one told you how to at your game either...still answer me why you feel you should be matched vs people who are no challenge to you in favor of someone else who is. Answer why you shouldn't have to face the kind of matches I have. Because you have different play style..guess what I do too.

Again, I face many challenging matchups.... You would be surprised how many players focus on one team at a time and build them up.....

So, to answer your question, because my roster was carefully built towards this type of gameplay I deserve to reap the rewards for my effort, patience and focus.....

What makes you feel you should be able to build a fluffy roster and still be competitive?...

[...]

Before GA there was no "Right or Wrong Way" to build a roster. Now with GA, suddenly many of us have been doing it "Wrong" this whole time and we've never been warned or encouraged. That's not right. No matter who you are, what choices you've made, THAT IS NOT RIGHT.

There still is no 'right or wrong way' to build your roster. However, how you choose to build your roster influences your chances for success in the different game modes. That's part of the game.

If there's no wrong way, this thread wouldn't exist.

There are different ways, yes, and they give you different chances of winning a GA, yes. There's no right or wrong way.

Okay fine.

Up until GA there was no BEST way to have a roster. But since GA dropped, it has become clear what the BEST way to have your roster is. Those of us who developed our rosters any way other than this new BEST way is now forced to suffer the consequences of our choices, which were at the time neither good or bad choices.

That ain't right.

Better?

GA didn't introduce anything new, which wasn't already introduced a year earlier with TW, in regard to what would make a strong roster or a weak roster. Fluff GP has the exact same effect on match-making in TW as it does in GA. Many players simply didn't realize how their fluff GP potentially hurt their guild until GA hit.

Players, who chose to fluff up their roster GP now have a choice to make:
    To continue or to stop fluffing up their roster.

GA is absolutely brand new. In TW you have 50 people with a mixture of amped TB and post TW release focus.

And so does your openents 50 teams.

GA you are one or the other

Persepctive will getnyou every time.

So the choice is be penalised for joining pre TW, or start a new account in orser to compete. If thats fair then ita obvious when you joined.

Yes, GA is brand new, but it didn't bring anything new with regards to fluff and matchmaking. The only difference between GA and TW is, that in TW your own personal fluff is only a drop in the 50 player ocean. However, the effect on matchmaking is the same - disregarden how old your account is.

Youre telling me a mixture of flufded account and focused accounts (TW) is the same as one or the other ONLY, in GA?

I'm telling you that your personal fluff may get your guild matched to a guild with higher GP than if you didn't have that fluff, just like it will match yourself with players with higher GP in GA.
    As far as how old the account is, deffinitely matters. I didnt have the luxury of knowing Jedi consular wasnt going to be needed and could be lefft at 3 star. Because I needed 5 Jedi to get GMY. Didnt have the luxury of jolee and bastilla being around to use instead.

Did you use your JC to unlock GMY? Did you use your JC in tier 6 sith raids early on? Did you use your JC early on in TB under GK lead with a mix of healers and attackers (and Aaylaa for stuns)? Did you use his ship for early fleet arena and to beat the challenges that required lightside ships? I used mine, and don't consider my 7* g10/g11 JC to be fluff.
    Perhaps you can ask EA (through game) to give you a time stamp of when you startwled playing. Ill do the same. I bet I know the time frame though

I don't see how that is relevant. How about checking the date you downloaded the app in Google Play instead? Much easier.

How well does that JC work in TW? Or GA?
    JC 10 or 11 gear is most assuredly fluff.

Yes i used mine to get GMY. Before gear 12 existed.

Been on since before 80 existed.

Then post that date.

I use g11 JC almost every GA as either a healer under gk v non metas, or a sub in on other lines. I don't consider him fluff anymore either
  • Gannon
    1619 posts Member
    ALS2021 wrote: »
    IDinDooNufin, of course you can unfluff your roster, and it doesn’t have to be with ‘weak-considered’ toons either.
    I am working on my ‘fluffy’ 8k Nihilus at the mo. Once I bring him to G12, maxxed and modded, he will be unfluffed.
    You just have to change the way you look at it

.explain to menhow to unfluff a Jedi consular or guard. At g10. How do you shrink that GP?

Nihlius is a viable toon his G8 is more relevant to game than g12 ugnauts.

And yes you're right about the Nihilus value, but toons like guard, I'm assuming you mean the pig, need a team to have value. They don't need to be the best, or kill revan, but just to serve some purpose and be decent enough gear to do it. JC can work in many places, guard will really only fit with scoundrels, but can sub in pretty well in either a Vader dot mashup team, Carth, sing, or a hybrid vandor line
  • ALS2021 wrote: »
    IDinDooNufin, of course you can unfluff your roster, and it doesn’t have to be with ‘weak-considered’ toons either.
    I am working on my ‘fluffy’ 8k Nihilus at the mo. Once I bring him to G12, maxxed and modded, he will be unfluffed.

.explain to menhow to unfluff a Jedi consular or guard. At g10. How do you shrink that GP?

Nihlius is a viable toon his G8 is more relevant to game than g12 ugnauts.

JC is pretty straightforward. A guy in my fleet arena goes top 10 using a maxed JC and his ship in his starting lineup with HT and KRU’s ship.
    So he can also use him in GA when there are ships included.
    There’s a guy on YouTube, Urzatron, check him out. He even uses Tuskens and Lobot in his GA which most people would have left as fluff in their roster.

You don’t always have to shrink your GP to unfluff is the point. You can look for future solutions for your roster.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    There are always gonna be differences in the GA matchups, we all agree on that. No matter which metric they use whether straight GP, number of zetas, number of G12, number of legendaies, Etc there will always be some who will win and some who will lose.

This new (probably soon to be abandoned GA) is a good example. I have reached the final of every GA so far. Won some and lost some. This time round in my group 3 of the 8 have good Revan squads and if they put them on defence (which I would) it will be very tough indeed to get through them. Pretty much means I won't be able to clear and thus will probably lose that round.

Bummer? Aye but it doesn't discourage me or make me particularly salty, just makes me more determined that next time Revan comes around I will be ready for him and will get my own. Then I will have a counter for him and I will be more competitive in this and other game modes. And that's kinda the point.

GA, probably more than any other area of the game, shows places where your roster needs improving. It should make you sit down and look at what you need to work on. Regardless of how much fluff you might have you only need X teams for your bracket and that means a total of X toons for those teams. Plan out those teams, plan out those toons and start working. The faster you do that, the faster you will see results.

Some people's rosters will always be stronger due to many factors, spending money in game, top rank guilds, very focused player, etc. But it is within your grasp to make your roster better, if you choose to.

If not, then maybe accepting that GA may not be the game mode for you, is your way forward

As with so many things in this game, YMMV

What do you not understand ...all this prior GA..and a huge chunk post TB pre TW..read the game philosophy...posted multiple times a few pages back. If those so called fluff toons weren't meant to be used why are they selling shards or have nodes to collect them. You guys are playing hop scotch with the issue...which remains....GA is in no way fair...

Will someone any one of you please share why you feel must be given matches you can easily win vs earning the rewards you receive to continue to be matched against players who can not beat you.

Why is GA I only for you..how about being matched with only players of your similar focus instead..and all players to be matched the same..similar roster/ focus/ toons/ res distribution/ play style....and you guys on the other focus vs your piers.

Nobody ever told you to fluff your roster..... Period.

Those toons and nodes to contact left them are there for when it is time to focus on collecting that team.... Nothing more nothing less.....

And no one told you how to at your game either...still answer me why you feel you should be matched vs people who are no challenge to you in favor of someone else who is. Answer why you shouldn't have to face the kind of matches I have. Because you have different play style..guess what I do too.

Again, I face many challenging matchups.... You would be surprised how many players focus on one team at a time and build them up.....

So, to answer your question, because my roster was carefully built towards this type of gameplay I deserve to reap the rewards for my effort, patience and focus.....

What makes you feel you should be able to build a fluffy roster and still be competitive?...

[...]

Before GA there was no "Right or Wrong Way" to build a roster. Now with GA, suddenly many of us have been doing it "Wrong" this whole time and we've never been warned or encouraged. That's not right. No matter who you are, what choices you've made, THAT IS NOT RIGHT.

There still is no 'right or wrong way' to build your roster. However, how you choose to build your roster influences your chances for success in the different game modes. That's part of the game.

If there's no wrong way, this thread wouldn't exist.

There are different ways, yes, and they give you different chances of winning a GA, yes. There's no right or wrong way.

Okay fine.

Up until GA there was no BEST way to have a roster. But since GA dropped, it has become clear what the BEST way to have your roster is. Those of us who developed our rosters any way other than this new BEST way is now forced to suffer the consequences of our choices, which were at the time neither good or bad choices.

That ain't right.

Better?

GA didn't introduce anything new, which wasn't already introduced a year earlier with TW, in regard to what would make a strong roster or a weak roster. Fluff GP has the exact same effect on match-making in TW as it does in GA. Many players simply didn't realize how their fluff GP potentially hurt their guild until GA hit.

Players, who chose to fluff up their roster GP now have a choice to make:
    To continue or to stop fluffing up their roster.

GA is absolutely brand new. In TW you have 50 people with a mixture of amped TB and post TW release focus.

And so does your openents 50 teams.

GA you are one or the other

Persepctive will getnyou every time.

So the choice is be penalised for joining pre TW, or start a new account in orser to compete. If thats fair then ita obvious when you joined.

Yes, GA is brand new, but it didn't bring anything new with regards to fluff and matchmaking. The only difference between GA and TW is, that in TW your own personal fluff is only a drop in the 50 player ocean. However, the effect on matchmaking is the same - disregarden how old your account is.

Youre telling me a mixture of flufded account and focused accounts (TW) is the same as one or the other ONLY, in GA?

I'm telling you that your personal fluff may get your guild matched to a guild with higher GP than if you didn't have that fluff, just like it will match yourself with players with higher GP in GA.
    As far as how old the account is, deffinitely matters. I didnt have the luxury of knowing Jedi consular wasnt going to be needed and could be lefft at 3 star. Because I needed 5 Jedi to get GMY. Didnt have the luxury of jolee and bastilla being around to use instead.

Did you use your JC to unlock GMY? Did you use your JC in tier 6 sith raids early on? Did you use your JC early on in TB under GK lead with a mix of healers and attackers (and Aaylaa for stuns)? Did you use his ship for early fleet arena and to beat the challenges that required lightside ships? I used mine, and don't consider my 7* g10/g11 JC to be fluff.
    Perhaps you can ask EA (through game) to give you a time stamp of when you startwled playing. Ill do the same. I bet I know the time frame though

I don't see how that is relevant. How about checking the date you downloaded the app in Google Play instead? Much easier.

How well does that JC work in TW? Or GA?
    JC 10 or 11 gear is most assuredly fluff.

Not by my definition, no. You may have a different definition, though.
    Yes i used mine to get GMY.

By my definition it's not fluff, then. You trained/geared/used your JC for other purposes than to simply increase your GP.
    Before gear 12 existed.

Been on since before 80 existed.

Then post that date.

I still don't see how this is relevant.

Post edited by Waqui on

How do you unfluff G10 jawas?
  • Phoenixeon wrote: »

Delete your account. Start again.

Seriously though, I have jawas from when they were needed for the original mods challenges. I use them as GA clean up crew for weak back zone. Also they are badass in TW with their faction bonus.
    Or you could leave them alone, unmod them and focus on the rest of your roster thus reducing their fluff impact.
    Quite a few options for you
    Phoenixeon wrote: »

Seriously though, I have jawas from when they were needed for the original mods challenges. I use them as GA clean up crew for weak back zone. Also they are badass in TW with their faction bonus.
    Or you could leave them alone, unmod them and focus on the rest of your roster thus reducing their fluff impact.

There's no weak back zone at my GP...
    But whatever, I am going to take them to G12, who knows we need them for a new legendary anytime soon.
  • Gannon
    1619 posts Member

But whatever, I am going to take them to G12, who knows we need them for a new legendary anytime soon.

Yea, best option is to leave em alone or gear em for TW bonuses. Engineer is still really good with droids or dets hunters, but pretty much a TW only team until the eventual rework
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited March 2019

In addition to what ALS2021 suggested:

No matter how much fluff you have currently, you will increase non-fluff to fluff ratio simply by not creating new fluff while still developing your roster.

If you used your jawa back then (f.ex. for mod challenges, with droids, JE for non-heroic STR or Datcha lead in p1 of hAAT) I wouldn't consider them fluff. You geared them to g10 for a reason / to use them and you probably profitted from it.
  • Waqui wrote: »

No matter how much fluff you have currently, you will increase non-fluff to fluff ratio simply by not creating new fluff while still developing your roster.

If you used your jawa back then (f.ex. for mod challenges, with droids, JE for non-heroic STR or Datcha lead in p1 of hAAT) I wouldn't consider them fluff. You geared them to g10 for a reason / to use them and you probably profitted from it.

Nope.
    CD mod challenge dont require that high gear level.
    I gear them for tank raid, and they suck even with teh bonus.
  • Gannon wrote: »

Yea, best option is to leave em alone or gear em for TW bonuses. Engineer is still really good with droids or dets hunters, but pretty much a TW only team until the eventual rework

Or gear up nute gunray as their leader because they stealth alot?
  • Gannon
    1619 posts Member
    Gannon wrote: »

Or gear up nute gunray as their leader because they stealth alot?

Lol I actually ran them under nute with the last TW bonus for em. Worked better than I expected.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member

Nope.

A lot of people did - including me. I used JE an Nebit with my droids, and the remaining three in a B-team in phase 3 in the early months of AAT. Later I used Datcha lead for p1.

So no, for me Jawa are not fluff. I geared them with a purpose other than just inflating my roster GP.
  • Waqui wrote: »

Nope.

A lot of people did - including me. I used JE an Nebit with my droids, and the remaining three in a B-team in phase 3 in the early months of AAT. Later I used Datcha lead for p1.

So no, for me Jawa are not fluff. I geared them with a purpose other than just inflating my roster GP.

Thats you, not me.

Why dont you tell the whole story then, which chars are fluff and whichs are not.

Jawas are a team, but that's all they've got. No faction wide synergies, not required for anything, generally bad at everything other than dying, so for me they are fluff, and thats why I am asking for a assault battle or something like smugglers event for them.
  • The issue is not how to make our rosters leaner to catch up. It never was.

The issue is that a game that heavily focuses on completing your collection, at the same time punishes you for building it at your speed. That is the poor design choice that is making the game less fun. People switching to lean up their rosters is not going to fix that problem. In fact, it's going to worsen it, because it's forcing players to play in a way that they don't want to, for no good reason.
  • Gannon
    1619 posts Member
    The issue is not how to make our rosters leaner to catch up. It never was.

The issue is that a game that heavily focuses on completing your collection, at the same time punishes you for building it at your speed. That is the poor design choice that is making the game less fun. People switching to lean up their rosters is not going to fix that problem. In fact, it's going to worsen it, because it's forcing players to play in a way that they don't want to, for no good reason.

If you can turn your roster around to be competitive in the competitive game modes, why not do it if you're interested in winning in that mode?
    If you just want to collect and play at your own pace, ignore modes like GA and TW and move on.
    Nobody is forcing anyone to do anything.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member

Nope.

Thats you, not me.

Why dont you tell the whole story then, which chars are fluff and whichs are not.

Characters, you leveled with the sole purpose of increasing your GP.
    Jawas are a team, but that's all they've got. No faction wide synergies, not required for anything, generally bad at everything other than dying, so for me they are fluff, and thats why I am asking for a assault battle or something like smugglers event for them.

A. Jawa do have faction wide synergies - not many and not strong, but they are there.
    B. You used your jawa in the past and benefited from it. Not fluff in my oppinion - yours apparently differs.

• Phoenixeon
    1840 posts Member
    edited March 2019

Nope.

Thats you, not me.

A. Jawa do have faction wide synergies - not many and not strong, but they are there.
    B. You used your jawa in the past and benefited from it. Not fluff in my oppinion - yours apparently differs.

Ppl have been complaining about their fluff char being counted, and you said those chars are not fluff because you think so.

So my G10 tuskens dont even fight a single battle, but they are not fluff because I lv them up and benefits from....uh...great mood?

Stop playing on words.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member

Nope.

Thats you, not me.

Ppl have been complaining about their fluff char being counted, and you said those chars are not fluff because you think so.

So my G10 tuskens dont even fight a single battle, but they are not fluff because I lv them up and benefits from....uh...great mood?

Stop playing on words.

Stop twisting my words. Read the post again - more carefully this time.

If you used your shaman in the past f.ex. under Zader lead in hAAT it's not fluff. It gave you better rewards back then. Rewards which you still benefit from today. If you never used your tusken for anything other than inflating your GP it's fluff.

You may have a different definition - and that's fine, but please provide it, so that we can be on the same page in our discussion instead of wasting time on silly misinterpretations.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member

Nope.

Thats you, not me.

Stop playing on words.

Stop twisting my words. Please read my comments in our discussion again - and read them more carefully.

If f.ex. you used your tusken shaman in the past under Zader lead in hAAT, I don't consider your shaman as fluff. Your shaman helped you earn better rewards - rewards which you still benefit from today. However, if you never used your tusken for anything other than inflating your GP, I consider them fluff.

You may see it differently, but if you do please provide your definition, instead of wasting both our time with misinterpretations.
  • I see "fluff" as anything that is not useful in current tw/ga/raids so if u used it way but but it dosent help anymore its fluff cause all it does is sut there collecting dust
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    I see "fluff" as anything that is not useful in current tw/ga/raids so if u used it way but but it dosent help anymore its fluff cause all it does is sut there collecting dust

I don't agree with your definition and agree with Waqui in this instance. Fluff is what you didn't develop fully to a functional state probably to bloat your GP or for whatever reason instead of usage purposes. It has nothing to do with toon design/power itself.

The tusken example fits this perfectly, I used him exactly for this reason. And I have no remorse for him to be considered a worthy part of my roster. But then I'm not opting for disclusion of characters in GA matchmaking either. My offered solution is entirely different while I also %100 think the matchmaking needs to change.
  • Yea fluff is usless toons pretty much g9 maybe g10 and below are all useless so it increases my gp with nothing to use them on so fluff and yes i have probably 500k+ in fluff from jawas for mods wsy back when and other faction used for mods but they do not help with current so = useless and usless gp =fluff
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Yea fluff is usless toons pretty much g9 maybe g10 and below are all useless so it increases my gp with nothing to use them on so fluff and yes i have probably 500k+ in fluff from jawas for mods wsy back when and other faction used for mods but they do not help with current so = useless and usless gp =fluff

I wouldn't consider g9 fluff as you won't get a toon there without purposeful investment. Whether it's at a good state when g9 or whether the toon is useful itself is irrelevant.

I had 1.3M worth of fluff (solely based on the definition of g8-g7 without any important gear investment) last time I calculated at the beginning of GA launch xD
  • EA_Rtas
    1141 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Alright there's been some low key baiting going on in here, let's cut it out with responding to people with youtube videos and calling them out, it's not adding to the conversation and just adding unnecessary arguing to the thread.
  • Im at 4 mil so g11+ is really all that matter and maybe g12 only at the 200 mil bracket for tw so everything i font use for those game modes or raids are fluff even my zeta cody at g9
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Im at 4 mil so g11+ is really all that matter and maybe g12 only at the 200 mil bracket for tw so everything i font use for those game modes or raids are fluff even my zeta cody at g9

It's fine you choose to have a different definition of what is fluff. But you won't gain any ground with a subjective definition which we can't make any demands/suggestions on. You'll ask for a 8k GP cutline, I'll ask for a 15k GP per toon. We'll never be satisfied what is fair that way and will be still debating at ground zero even if a change is made.
  • Ur using gp im using toons i dont touch or use for anything atm as fluff
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Ur using gp im using toons i dont touch or use for anything atm as fluff

Hmm not sure if that's the distinction we are making. I'm using "purpose" as the main paradigm. If a player is developing something for any purpose other than putting on GP, that's not fluff to me.
  • So nothing would be fluff if u lvled everything to g8 lvl 85 just to have more kitchen sink in p4 of hstr? Gave it a reason so it that perspective nothings is fluff cause if its 7* its useable even as a kitchen sink