GP Matchmaking & “Fluff”

Replies

  • BubbaFett
    1998 posts Member
    No_Try wrote: »
    JohnAran wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    miguelfoo wrote: »
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    miguelfoo wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    So, you agree with me, that one roster can be stronger than another roster with same GP. If your point was to argue something, please explain what your point was.

    Fact: The matching system used in GA that is based solely on GP is not fair, since the GP does not faithfully reflect how strong your roster is.

    Reason: One team constituted by five character G12 with a total amount of 100.000 GP can not be defeated by any quantity of counter-teams formed by characters G7 (total amount of GP = infinite)

    So what does that tell you about the usefulness of g7 characters?..... It's been this way in every game mode, would you drop a team of G7 in arena? Why should GA be any different?

    As far as I can see, the crowd clamoring for change wants "fairness" but d times fairness as being able to develop their roster willy nilly and turning GA into a coin flip..... Not my idea of fun.....

    So you are not interested in challenges and it’s ok for you win the prize without facing opponents that could risk your well deserved 3 zetas because you only gear some characters and I decided improve my full roster...

    You are dealing in extremes.... In every GA I have done I have faced challenging opponents that carefully prepared their roster as I did..... I don't mind a challenge at all, but changing matchmaking so that only players with identical rosters face eachother would make it a boring coin flip, especially since the AI in the game isn't very good.....

    I'm behind in ships, for example, mostly because I am not overly fond of that game mode.... I certainly think they should fix matchmaking so ships don't count in no ship GA and add more ship defences when they are in GA..... I shouldn't be rewarded for not dev looking them... On the flip side, I should be rewarded for staying focused in my roster development....

    Which type of a change will result in identical rosters to get matched?

    The type required by the people who think fair matchmaking means 50% of winning regardless of any kind of choices made, since the only way to achieve that would be to match identical (or close to) rosters.

    Who really thinks that? I've yet to see a single person that describes Fairness as such across these topics.

    Well... We have people who feel they shouldn't have to fight Revan if they don't have Revan.... People who want same number of G12, same number of Zetas, same amount of fluff.... Carry on down those lines and you end up with identical rosters....
  • TRanger
    292 posts Member
    There are always gonna be differences in the GA matchups, we all agree on that. No matter which metric they use whether straight GP, number of zetas, number of G12, number of legendaies, Etc there will always be some who will win and some who will lose.

    This new (probably soon to be abandoned GA) is a good example. I have reached the final of every GA so far. Won some and lost some. This time round in my group 3 of the 8 have good Revan squads and if they put them on defence (which I would) it will be very tough indeed to get through them. Pretty much means I won't be able to clear and thus will probably lose that round.

    Bummer? Aye but it doesn't discourage me or make me particularly salty, just makes me more determined that next time Revan comes around I will be ready for him and will get my own. Then I will have a counter for him and I will be more competitive in this and other game modes. And that's kinda the point.

    GA, probably more than any other area of the game, shows places where your roster needs improving. It should make you sit down and look at what you need to work on. Regardless of how much fluff you might have you only need X teams for your bracket and that means a total of X toons for those teams. Plan out those teams, plan out those toons and start working. The faster you do that, the faster you will see results.

    Some people's rosters will always be stronger due to many factors, spending money in game, top rank guilds, very focused player, etc. But it is within your grasp to make your roster better, if you choose to.

    If not, then maybe accepting that GA may not be the game mode for you, is your way forward

    As with so many things in this game, YMMV

    What do you not understand ...all this prior GA..and a huge chunk post TB pre TW..read the game philosophy...posted multiple times a few pages back. If those so called fluff toons weren't meant to be used why are they selling shards or have nodes to collect them. You guys are playing hop scotch with the issue...which remains....GA is in no way fair...

    Will someone any one of you please share why you feel must be given matches you can easily win vs earning the rewards you receive to continue to be matched against players who can not beat you.

    Why is GA I only for you..how about being matched with only players of your similar focus instead..and all players to be matched the same..similar roster/ focus/ toons/ res distribution/ play style....and you guys on the other focus vs your piers.





  • BubbaFett
    1998 posts Member
    TRanger wrote: »
    There are always gonna be differences in the GA matchups, we all agree on that. No matter which metric they use whether straight GP, number of zetas, number of G12, number of legendaies, Etc there will always be some who will win and some who will lose.

    This new (probably soon to be abandoned GA) is a good example. I have reached the final of every GA so far. Won some and lost some. This time round in my group 3 of the 8 have good Revan squads and if they put them on defence (which I would) it will be very tough indeed to get through them. Pretty much means I won't be able to clear and thus will probably lose that round.

    Bummer? Aye but it doesn't discourage me or make me particularly salty, just makes me more determined that next time Revan comes around I will be ready for him and will get my own. Then I will have a counter for him and I will be more competitive in this and other game modes. And that's kinda the point.

    GA, probably more than any other area of the game, shows places where your roster needs improving. It should make you sit down and look at what you need to work on. Regardless of how much fluff you might have you only need X teams for your bracket and that means a total of X toons for those teams. Plan out those teams, plan out those toons and start working. The faster you do that, the faster you will see results.

    Some people's rosters will always be stronger due to many factors, spending money in game, top rank guilds, very focused player, etc. But it is within your grasp to make your roster better, if you choose to.

    If not, then maybe accepting that GA may not be the game mode for you, is your way forward

    As with so many things in this game, YMMV

    What do you not understand ...all this prior GA..and a huge chunk post TB pre TW..read the game philosophy...posted multiple times a few pages back. If those so called fluff toons weren't meant to be used why are they selling shards or have nodes to collect them. You guys are playing hop scotch with the issue...which remains....GA is in no way fair...

    Will someone any one of you please share why you feel must be given matches you can easily win vs earning the rewards you receive to continue to be matched against players who can not beat you.

    Why is GA I only for you..how about being matched with only players of your similar focus instead..and all players to be matched the same..similar roster/ focus/ toons/ res distribution/ play style....and you guys on the other focus vs your piers.





    Nobody ever told you to fluff your roster..... Period.

    Those toons and nodes to contact left them are there for when it is time to focus on collecting that team.... Nothing more nothing less.....
  • No_Try
    3404 posts Member
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »
    JohnAran wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    miguelfoo wrote: »
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    miguelfoo wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    So, you agree with me, that one roster can be stronger than another roster with same GP. If your point was to argue something, please explain what your point was.

    Fact: The matching system used in GA that is based solely on GP is not fair, since the GP does not faithfully reflect how strong your roster is.

    Reason: One team constituted by five character G12 with a total amount of 100.000 GP can not be defeated by any quantity of counter-teams formed by characters G7 (total amount of GP = infinite)

    So what does that tell you about the usefulness of g7 characters?..... It's been this way in every game mode, would you drop a team of G7 in arena? Why should GA be any different?

    As far as I can see, the crowd clamoring for change wants "fairness" but d times fairness as being able to develop their roster willy nilly and turning GA into a coin flip..... Not my idea of fun.....

    So you are not interested in challenges and it’s ok for you win the prize without facing opponents that could risk your well deserved 3 zetas because you only gear some characters and I decided improve my full roster...

    You are dealing in extremes.... In every GA I have done I have faced challenging opponents that carefully prepared their roster as I did..... I don't mind a challenge at all, but changing matchmaking so that only players with identical rosters face eachother would make it a boring coin flip, especially since the AI in the game isn't very good.....

    I'm behind in ships, for example, mostly because I am not overly fond of that game mode.... I certainly think they should fix matchmaking so ships don't count in no ship GA and add more ship defences when they are in GA..... I shouldn't be rewarded for not dev looking them... On the flip side, I should be rewarded for staying focused in my roster development....

    Which type of a change will result in identical rosters to get matched?

    The type required by the people who think fair matchmaking means 50% of winning regardless of any kind of choices made, since the only way to achieve that would be to match identical (or close to) rosters.

    Who really thinks that? I've yet to see a single person that describes Fairness as such across these topics.

    Well... We have people who feel they shouldn't have to fight Revan if they don't have Revan.... People who want same number of G12, same number of Zetas, same amount of fluff.... Carry on down those lines and you end up with identical rosters....

    Yeah well I'm not one of them. I argue against taking in consideration any of the toon specifics in matchmaking. Universal values should apply across all the toons. From there it's purely player choice how to build. My problem is with the universal values which is not representative of their worth.

    G12 doesn't matter, neither does zetas or fluff...as long as the values building them up are adjusted according to some sort of paradigm. Resource worth is a good one for example.
  • BubbaFett
    1998 posts Member
    No_Try wrote: »
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »
    JohnAran wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    miguelfoo wrote: »
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    miguelfoo wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    So, you agree with me, that one roster can be stronger than another roster with same GP. If your point was to argue something, please explain what your point was.

    Fact: The matching system used in GA that is based solely on GP is not fair, since the GP does not faithfully reflect how strong your roster is.

    Reason: One team constituted by five character G12 with a total amount of 100.000 GP can not be defeated by any quantity of counter-teams formed by characters G7 (total amount of GP = infinite)

    So what does that tell you about the usefulness of g7 characters?..... It's been this way in every game mode, would you drop a team of G7 in arena? Why should GA be any different?

    As far as I can see, the crowd clamoring for change wants "fairness" but d times fairness as being able to develop their roster willy nilly and turning GA into a coin flip..... Not my idea of fun.....

    So you are not interested in challenges and it’s ok for you win the prize without facing opponents that could risk your well deserved 3 zetas because you only gear some characters and I decided improve my full roster...

    You are dealing in extremes.... In every GA I have done I have faced challenging opponents that carefully prepared their roster as I did..... I don't mind a challenge at all, but changing matchmaking so that only players with identical rosters face eachother would make it a boring coin flip, especially since the AI in the game isn't very good.....

    I'm behind in ships, for example, mostly because I am not overly fond of that game mode.... I certainly think they should fix matchmaking so ships don't count in no ship GA and add more ship defences when they are in GA..... I shouldn't be rewarded for not dev looking them... On the flip side, I should be rewarded for staying focused in my roster development....

    Which type of a change will result in identical rosters to get matched?

    The type required by the people who think fair matchmaking means 50% of winning regardless of any kind of choices made, since the only way to achieve that would be to match identical (or close to) rosters.

    Who really thinks that? I've yet to see a single person that describes Fairness as such across these topics.

    Well... We have people who feel they shouldn't have to fight Revan if they don't have Revan.... People who want same number of G12, same number of Zetas, same amount of fluff.... Carry on down those lines and you end up with identical rosters....

    Yeah well I'm not one of them. I argue against taking in consideration any of the toon specifics in matchmaking. Universal values should apply across all the toons. From there it's purely player choice how to build. My problem is with the universal values which is not representative of their worth.

    G12 doesn't matter, neither does zetas or fluff...as long as the values building them up are adjusted according to some sort of paradigm. Resource worth is a good one for example.

    I think the argument books down to what people consider "fair"....
  • TRanger
    292 posts Member
    JohnAran wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    miguelfoo wrote: »
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    miguelfoo wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    So, you agree with me, that one roster can be stronger than another roster with same GP. If your point was to argue something, please explain what your point was.

    Fact: The matching system used in GA that is based solely on GP is not fair, since the GP does not faithfully reflect how strong your roster is.

    Reason: One team constituted by five character G12 with a total amount of 100.000 GP can not be defeated by any quantity of counter-teams formed by characters G7 (total amount of GP = infinite)

    So what does that tell you about the usefulness of g7 characters?..... It's been this way in every game mode, would you drop a team of G7 in arena? Why should GA be any different?

    As far as I can see, the crowd clamoring for change wants "fairness" but d times fairness as being able to develop their roster willy nilly and turning GA into a coin flip..... Not my idea of fun.....

    So you are not interested in challenges and it’s ok for you win the prize without facing opponents that could risk your well deserved 3 zetas because you only gear some characters and I decided improve my full roster...

    You are dealing in extremes.... In every GA I have done I have faced challenging opponents that carefully prepared their roster as I did..... I don't mind a challenge at all, but changing matchmaking so that only players with identical rosters face eachother would make it a boring coin flip, especially since the AI in the game isn't very good.....

    I'm behind in ships, for example, mostly because I am not overly fond of that game mode.... I certainly think they should fix matchmaking so ships don't count in no ship GA and add more ship defences when they are in GA..... I shouldn't be rewarded for not dev looking them... On the flip side, I should be rewarded for staying focused in my roster development....

    Which type of a change will result in identical rosters to get matched?

    The type required by the people who think fair matchmaking means 50% of winning regardless of any kind of choices made, since the only way to achieve that would be to match identical (or close to) rosters.

    Which is still better then a less then 10% win ratio.
  • TRanger
    292 posts Member
    edited March 4
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    TRanger wrote: »
    There are always gonna be differences in the GA matchups, we all agree on that. No matter which metric they use whether straight GP, number of zetas, number of G12, number of legendaies, Etc there will always be some who will win and some who will lose.

    This new (probably soon to be abandoned GA) is a good example. I have reached the final of every GA so far. Won some and lost some. This time round in my group 3 of the 8 have good Revan squads and if they put them on defence (which I would) it will be very tough indeed to get through them. Pretty much means I won't be able to clear and thus will probably lose that round.

    Bummer? Aye but it doesn't discourage me or make me particularly salty, just makes me more determined that next time Revan comes around I will be ready for him and will get my own. Then I will have a counter for him and I will be more competitive in this and other game modes. And that's kinda the point.

    GA, probably more than any other area of the game, shows places where your roster needs improving. It should make you sit down and look at what you need to work on. Regardless of how much fluff you might have you only need X teams for your bracket and that means a total of X toons for those teams. Plan out those teams, plan out those toons and start working. The faster you do that, the faster you will see results.

    Some people's rosters will always be stronger due to many factors, spending money in game, top rank guilds, very focused player, etc. But it is within your grasp to make your roster better, if you choose to.

    If not, then maybe accepting that GA may not be the game mode for you, is your way forward

    As with so many things in this game, YMMV

    What do you not understand ...all this prior GA..and a huge chunk post TB pre TW..read the game philosophy...posted multiple times a few pages back. If those so called fluff toons weren't meant to be used why are they selling shards or have nodes to collect them. You guys are playing hop scotch with the issue...which remains....GA is in no way fair...

    Will someone any one of you please share why you feel must be given matches you can easily win vs earning the rewards you receive to continue to be matched against players who can not beat you.

    Why is GA I only for you..how about being matched with only players of your similar focus instead..and all players to be matched the same..similar roster/ focus/ toons/ res distribution/ play style....and you guys on the other focus vs your piers.





    Nobody ever told you to fluff your roster..... Period.

    Those toons and nodes to contact left them are there for when it is time to focus on collecting that team.... Nothing more nothing less.....

    And no one told you how to at your game either...still answer me why you feel you should be matched vs people who are no challenge to you in favor of someone else who is. Answer why you shouldn't have to face the kind of matches I have. Because you have different play style..guess what I do too.

    The rewards you are gaining in those matches you don't need to continue being matched vs players you can easily beat.
  • No_Try
    3404 posts Member
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »
    JohnAran wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    miguelfoo wrote: »
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    miguelfoo wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    So, you agree with me, that one roster can be stronger than another roster with same GP. If your point was to argue something, please explain what your point was.

    Fact: The matching system used in GA that is based solely on GP is not fair, since the GP does not faithfully reflect how strong your roster is.

    Reason: One team constituted by five character G12 with a total amount of 100.000 GP can not be defeated by any quantity of counter-teams formed by characters G7 (total amount of GP = infinite)

    So what does that tell you about the usefulness of g7 characters?..... It's been this way in every game mode, would you drop a team of G7 in arena? Why should GA be any different?

    As far as I can see, the crowd clamoring for change wants "fairness" but d times fairness as being able to develop their roster willy nilly and turning GA into a coin flip..... Not my idea of fun.....

    So you are not interested in challenges and it’s ok for you win the prize without facing opponents that could risk your well deserved 3 zetas because you only gear some characters and I decided improve my full roster...

    You are dealing in extremes.... In every GA I have done I have faced challenging opponents that carefully prepared their roster as I did..... I don't mind a challenge at all, but changing matchmaking so that only players with identical rosters face eachother would make it a boring coin flip, especially since the AI in the game isn't very good.....

    I'm behind in ships, for example, mostly because I am not overly fond of that game mode.... I certainly think they should fix matchmaking so ships don't count in no ship GA and add more ship defences when they are in GA..... I shouldn't be rewarded for not dev looking them... On the flip side, I should be rewarded for staying focused in my roster development....

    Which type of a change will result in identical rosters to get matched?

    The type required by the people who think fair matchmaking means 50% of winning regardless of any kind of choices made, since the only way to achieve that would be to match identical (or close to) rosters.

    Who really thinks that? I've yet to see a single person that describes Fairness as such across these topics.

    Well... We have people who feel they shouldn't have to fight Revan if they don't have Revan.... People who want same number of G12, same number of Zetas, same amount of fluff.... Carry on down those lines and you end up with identical rosters....

    Yeah well I'm not one of them. I argue against taking in consideration any of the toon specifics in matchmaking. Universal values should apply across all the toons. From there it's purely player choice how to build. My problem is with the universal values which is not representative of their worth.

    G12 doesn't matter, neither does zetas or fluff...as long as the values building them up are adjusted according to some sort of paradigm. Resource worth is a good one for example.

    I think the argument books down to what people consider "fair"....

    How would you define one? My goto is that it needs to be universal across time. No divisions based on players introduction to the game or when they stopped, restarted. The only thing that needs to align are the fair correlations in between the values contributing to the GP. I'm not saying it's very simple to find where the correlations are fair mind you, but I'm very firm we are far from any decency in the current correlations.
  • BubbaFett
    1998 posts Member
    TRanger wrote: »
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    TRanger wrote: »
    There are always gonna be differences in the GA matchups, we all agree on that. No matter which metric they use whether straight GP, number of zetas, number of G12, number of legendaies, Etc there will always be some who will win and some who will lose.

    This new (probably soon to be abandoned GA) is a good example. I have reached the final of every GA so far. Won some and lost some. This time round in my group 3 of the 8 have good Revan squads and if they put them on defence (which I would) it will be very tough indeed to get through them. Pretty much means I won't be able to clear and thus will probably lose that round.

    Bummer? Aye but it doesn't discourage me or make me particularly salty, just makes me more determined that next time Revan comes around I will be ready for him and will get my own. Then I will have a counter for him and I will be more competitive in this and other game modes. And that's kinda the point.

    GA, probably more than any other area of the game, shows places where your roster needs improving. It should make you sit down and look at what you need to work on. Regardless of how much fluff you might have you only need X teams for your bracket and that means a total of X toons for those teams. Plan out those teams, plan out those toons and start working. The faster you do that, the faster you will see results.

    Some people's rosters will always be stronger due to many factors, spending money in game, top rank guilds, very focused player, etc. But it is within your grasp to make your roster better, if you choose to.

    If not, then maybe accepting that GA may not be the game mode for you, is your way forward

    As with so many things in this game, YMMV

    What do you not understand ...all this prior GA..and a huge chunk post TB pre TW..read the game philosophy...posted multiple times a few pages back. If those so called fluff toons weren't meant to be used why are they selling shards or have nodes to collect them. You guys are playing hop scotch with the issue...which remains....GA is in no way fair...

    Will someone any one of you please share why you feel must be given matches you can easily win vs earning the rewards you receive to continue to be matched against players who can not beat you.

    Why is GA I only for you..how about being matched with only players of your similar focus instead..and all players to be matched the same..similar roster/ focus/ toons/ res distribution/ play style....and you guys on the other focus vs your piers.





    Nobody ever told you to fluff your roster..... Period.

    Those toons and nodes to contact left them are there for when it is time to focus on collecting that team.... Nothing more nothing less.....

    And no one told you how to at your game either...still answer me why you feel you should be matched vs people who are no challenge to you in favor of someone else who is. Answer why you shouldn't have to face the kind of matches I have. Because you have different play style..guess what I do too.

    Again, I face many challenging matchups.... You would be surprised how many players focus on one team at a time and build them up.....

    So, to answer your question, because my roster was carefully built towards this type of gameplay I deserve to reap the rewards for my effort, patience and focus.....

    What makes you feel you should be able to build a fluffy roster and still be competitive?...
  • Tanzos
    187 posts Member
    edited March 4
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    TRanger wrote: »
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    TRanger wrote: »
    There are always gonna be differences in the GA matchups, we all agree on that. No matter which metric they use whether straight GP, number of zetas, number of G12, number of legendaies, Etc there will always be some who will win and some who will lose.

    This new (probably soon to be abandoned GA) is a good example. I have reached the final of every GA so far. Won some and lost some. This time round in my group 3 of the 8 have good Revan squads and if they put them on defence (which I would) it will be very tough indeed to get through them. Pretty much means I won't be able to clear and thus will probably lose that round.

    Bummer? Aye but it doesn't discourage me or make me particularly salty, just makes me more determined that next time Revan comes around I will be ready for him and will get my own. Then I will have a counter for him and I will be more competitive in this and other game modes. And that's kinda the point.

    GA, probably more than any other area of the game, shows places where your roster needs improving. It should make you sit down and look at what you need to work on. Regardless of how much fluff you might have you only need X teams for your bracket and that means a total of X toons for those teams. Plan out those teams, plan out those toons and start working. The faster you do that, the faster you will see results.

    Some people's rosters will always be stronger due to many factors, spending money in game, top rank guilds, very focused player, etc. But it is within your grasp to make your roster better, if you choose to.

    If not, then maybe accepting that GA may not be the game mode for you, is your way forward

    As with so many things in this game, YMMV

    What do you not understand ...all this prior GA..and a huge chunk post TB pre TW..read the game philosophy...posted multiple times a few pages back. If those so called fluff toons weren't meant to be used why are they selling shards or have nodes to collect them. You guys are playing hop scotch with the issue...which remains....GA is in no way fair...

    Will someone any one of you please share why you feel must be given matches you can easily win vs earning the rewards you receive to continue to be matched against players who can not beat you.

    Why is GA I only for you..how about being matched with only players of your similar focus instead..and all players to be matched the same..similar roster/ focus/ toons/ res distribution/ play style....and you guys on the other focus vs your piers.





    Nobody ever told you to fluff your roster..... Period.

    Those toons and nodes to contact left them are there for when it is time to focus on collecting that team.... Nothing more nothing less.....

    And no one told you how to at your game either...still answer me why you feel you should be matched vs people who are no challenge to you in favor of someone else who is. Answer why you shouldn't have to face the kind of matches I have. Because you have different play style..guess what I do too.

    Again, I face many challenging matchups.... You would be surprised how many players focus on one team at a time and build them up.....

    So, to answer your question, because my roster was carefully built towards this type of gameplay I deserve to reap the rewards for my effort, patience and focus.....

    What makes you feel you should be able to build a fluffy roster and still be competitive?...

    What makes you feel you should be able to build a focused roster and still be competitive?

    Why do any of our choices prior to GA result in advantages/disadvantages? If CG never instructed us to build our roster a certain way, then it's not right to penalize certain players for no reason.

    Before GA there was no "Right or Wrong Way" to build a roster. Now with GA, suddenly many of us have been doing it "Wrong" this whole time and we've never been warned or encouraged. That's not right. No matter who you are, what choices you've made, THAT IS NOT RIGHT.
  • BubbaFett
    1998 posts Member
    Tanzos wrote: »
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    TRanger wrote: »
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    TRanger wrote: »
    There are always gonna be differences in the GA matchups, we all agree on that. No matter which metric they use whether straight GP, number of zetas, number of G12, number of legendaies, Etc there will always be some who will win and some who will lose.

    This new (probably soon to be abandoned GA) is a good example. I have reached the final of every GA so far. Won some and lost some. This time round in my group 3 of the 8 have good Revan squads and if they put them on defence (which I would) it will be very tough indeed to get through them. Pretty much means I won't be able to clear and thus will probably lose that round.

    Bummer? Aye but it doesn't discourage me or make me particularly salty, just makes me more determined that next time Revan comes around I will be ready for him and will get my own. Then I will have a counter for him and I will be more competitive in this and other game modes. And that's kinda the point.

    GA, probably more than any other area of the game, shows places where your roster needs improving. It should make you sit down and look at what you need to work on. Regardless of how much fluff you might have you only need X teams for your bracket and that means a total of X toons for those teams. Plan out those teams, plan out those toons and start working. The faster you do that, the faster you will see results.

    Some people's rosters will always be stronger due to many factors, spending money in game, top rank guilds, very focused player, etc. But it is within your grasp to make your roster better, if you choose to.

    If not, then maybe accepting that GA may not be the game mode for you, is your way forward

    As with so many things in this game, YMMV

    What do you not understand ...all this prior GA..and a huge chunk post TB pre TW..read the game philosophy...posted multiple times a few pages back. If those so called fluff toons weren't meant to be used why are they selling shards or have nodes to collect them. You guys are playing hop scotch with the issue...which remains....GA is in no way fair...

    Will someone any one of you please share why you feel must be given matches you can easily win vs earning the rewards you receive to continue to be matched against players who can not beat you.

    Why is GA I only for you..how about being matched with only players of your similar focus instead..and all players to be matched the same..similar roster/ focus/ toons/ res distribution/ play style....and you guys on the other focus vs your piers.





    Nobody ever told you to fluff your roster..... Period.

    Those toons and nodes to contact left them are there for when it is time to focus on collecting that team.... Nothing more nothing less.....

    And no one told you how to at your game either...still answer me why you feel you should be matched vs people who are no challenge to you in favor of someone else who is. Answer why you shouldn't have to face the kind of matches I have. Because you have different play style..guess what I do too.

    Again, I face many challenging matchups.... You would be surprised how many players focus on one team at a time and build them up.....

    So, to answer your question, because my roster was carefully built towards this type of gameplay I deserve to reap the rewards for my effort, patience and focus.....

    What makes you feel you should be able to build a fluffy roster and still be competitive?...

    What makes you feel you should be able to build a focused roster and still be competitive?

    Why do any of our choices result in advantages/disadvantages? If CG never instructed us to build our roster a certain way, then it's not right to penalize certain players for no reason.

    Ummm..... Because this whole game is about building synergized factions and using them in battles?

    Why should anyone need CG to tell them how to build a roster?... Character kits are you ight there for everyone to read, the game modes are all there in black a d white... Would you rather go through this game as a mindless drone doing what CG tells you to do or actually play the game?
  • Tanzos
    187 posts Member
    edited March 4
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    Tanzos wrote: »
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    TRanger wrote: »
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    TRanger wrote: »
    There are always gonna be differences in the GA matchups, we all agree on that. No matter which metric they use whether straight GP, number of zetas, number of G12, number of legendaies, Etc there will always be some who will win and some who will lose.

    This new (probably soon to be abandoned GA) is a good example. I have reached the final of every GA so far. Won some and lost some. This time round in my group 3 of the 8 have good Revan squads and if they put them on defence (which I would) it will be very tough indeed to get through them. Pretty much means I won't be able to clear and thus will probably lose that round.

    Bummer? Aye but it doesn't discourage me or make me particularly salty, just makes me more determined that next time Revan comes around I will be ready for him and will get my own. Then I will have a counter for him and I will be more competitive in this and other game modes. And that's kinda the point.

    GA, probably more than any other area of the game, shows places where your roster needs improving. It should make you sit down and look at what you need to work on. Regardless of how much fluff you might have you only need X teams for your bracket and that means a total of X toons for those teams. Plan out those teams, plan out those toons and start working. The faster you do that, the faster you will see results.

    Some people's rosters will always be stronger due to many factors, spending money in game, top rank guilds, very focused player, etc. But it is within your grasp to make your roster better, if you choose to.

    If not, then maybe accepting that GA may not be the game mode for you, is your way forward

    As with so many things in this game, YMMV

    What do you not understand ...all this prior GA..and a huge chunk post TB pre TW..read the game philosophy...posted multiple times a few pages back. If those so called fluff toons weren't meant to be used why are they selling shards or have nodes to collect them. You guys are playing hop scotch with the issue...which remains....GA is in no way fair...

    Will someone any one of you please share why you feel must be given matches you can easily win vs earning the rewards you receive to continue to be matched against players who can not beat you.

    Why is GA I only for you..how about being matched with only players of your similar focus instead..and all players to be matched the same..similar roster/ focus/ toons/ res distribution/ play style....and you guys on the other focus vs your piers.





    Nobody ever told you to fluff your roster..... Period.

    Those toons and nodes to contact left them are there for when it is time to focus on collecting that team.... Nothing more nothing less.....

    And no one told you how to at your game either...still answer me why you feel you should be matched vs people who are no challenge to you in favor of someone else who is. Answer why you shouldn't have to face the kind of matches I have. Because you have different play style..guess what I do too.

    Again, I face many challenging matchups.... You would be surprised how many players focus on one team at a time and build them up.....

    So, to answer your question, because my roster was carefully built towards this type of gameplay I deserve to reap the rewards for my effort, patience and focus.....

    What makes you feel you should be able to build a fluffy roster and still be competitive?...

    What makes you feel you should be able to build a focused roster and still be competitive?

    Why do any of our choices result in advantages/disadvantages? If CG never instructed us to build our roster a certain way, then it's not right to penalize certain players for no reason.

    Ummm..... Because this whole game is about building synergized factions and using them in battles?

    Why should anyone need CG to tell them how to build a roster?... Character kits are you ight there for everyone to read, the game modes are all there in black a d white... Would you rather go through this game as a mindless drone doing what CG tells you to do or actually play the game?

    If the whole game is about building synergized factions, why does Ugnaught exist? Why does CUP exist? Why did the devs create characters with zero synergy with anyone if that's ALL this game is about?

    But if it is about building factions that synergize then I'm doing it quite well. I got Jawas to 10, Tusken all started up and leveled up. All my Jedi are lvl 85 and 7*'s with abilities at level 7. FO is Zeta'd, Droids are high gear, Sith are high gear, Clones are Zeta'd and geared, Rebels are top notch. Got my Resistance fleshed out, Empire looks strong, Asajj has her Zeta, Bossk is maxed with strong BH's, Nest is maxed with Zeta, every faction covered. I must be doing it right then.

    Those guys with 30 more G12's but no Tuskens are doing it wrong.
  • TRanger wrote: »
    There are always gonna be differences in the GA matchups, we all agree on that. No matter which metric they use whether straight GP, number of zetas, number of G12, number of legendaies, Etc there will always be some who will win and some who will lose.

    This new (probably soon to be abandoned GA) is a good example. I have reached the final of every GA so far. Won some and lost some. This time round in my group 3 of the 8 have good Revan squads and if they put them on defence (which I would) it will be very tough indeed to get through them. Pretty much means I won't be able to clear and thus will probably lose that round.

    Bummer? Aye but it doesn't discourage me or make me particularly salty, just makes me more determined that next time Revan comes around I will be ready for him and will get my own. Then I will have a counter for him and I will be more competitive in this and other game modes. And that's kinda the point.

    GA, probably more than any other area of the game, shows places where your roster needs improving. It should make you sit down and look at what you need to work on. Regardless of how much fluff you might have you only need X teams for your bracket and that means a total of X toons for those teams. Plan out those teams, plan out those toons and start working. The faster you do that, the faster you will see results.

    Some people's rosters will always be stronger due to many factors, spending money in game, top rank guilds, very focused player, etc. But it is within your grasp to make your roster better, if you choose to.

    If not, then maybe accepting that GA may not be the game mode for you, is your way forward

    As with so many things in this game, YMMV

    What do you not understand ...all this prior GA..and a huge chunk post TB pre TW..read the game philosophy...posted multiple times a few pages back. If those so called fluff toons weren't meant to be used why are they selling shards or have nodes to collect them. You guys are playing hop scotch with the issue...which remains....GA is in no way fair...

    Will someone any one of you please share why you feel must be given matches you can easily win vs earning the rewards you receive to continue to be matched against players who can not beat you.

    Why is GA I only for you..how about being matched with only players of your similar focus instead..and all players to be matched the same..similar roster/ focus/ toons/ res distribution/ play style....and you guys on the other focus vs your piers.





    I have to ask, did you actually read any of the post of mine you quoted?
    In it I described the current GA group I am in and with 3 people having Revan, I will not do very well but this does motivate me to improve my roster and try to get counters to those teams I struggle against.
    So how am I saying that I want easy match ups? Don't believe I mentioned that at all

    In fact I think I gave some decent advise on using GA to examine your roster and try to maybe improve the weak areas, so you can do better.

    As for the game philosophy you mention, when anyone talks about broadening your roster, that is down to personal interpretation. Yup, you can choose to level a toon to lvl 50 and G6/7 and then stop there. Its an easy stopping point and gives a decent chunk of GP to build up to help you in certain game modes. Or you can choose to cary on levelling and gearing. Again that is the players choice.

    GA from the beginning has been advertised as using the players entire roster, if you have played the game a certain way and built your roster along those lines and don't want to change that, then it's possible you may be at a disadvantage. There are plenty of posts from both sides - people who have had massively overwhelming rosters to face and those that are facing more powerful rosters but have won.

    You can improve your roster if you want, your farming/levelling/gearing choices are obviously entirely your own.

    If however you are not prepared to try and improve things and basically have the attitude that 'I have played the game this way and my roster is now this, so now the game mode should be changed to suit me or give me match up's I deem fair' you are quite likely to be disappointed.
  • Waqui
    5505 posts Member
    Tanzos wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    This:
    Tanzos wrote: »
    @Waqui

    I did my research.

    [image deleted]

    Again I realize it's just Tournaments and that was a while ago. However, it's cold hard evidence of an official post staying to buff up your roster. Whatever buff up meant at the time is irrelevant, because it didn't say "Get only your top teams ready" it said "Buff your roster".

    Is completely irrelevant for this:
    Waqui wrote: »
    Tanzos wrote: »
    @Waqui

    Care to find a Dev post that says "You should only focus on certain characters and never increase your GP on useless characters with your excess resources"

    Or "Don't use your excessive amount of credits and ability mats because it will make your matchmaking imbalanced."

    I'll be waiting.

    No. Why should I? I never claimed such announcements exist. Do your own research.

    If you want to see those dev posts, do your own research. I never claimed they exist. I'm not obliged to find them.

    No but you are obligated to defend your point. Ever hear of counter evidence?

    You made a claim "CG never instructed/encouraged players to fluff up their roster" (In response to TRanger)

    I provided evidence refuting your claim.

    No, you didn't. You provided evidence, that they encouraged players to broaden their rosters. That's not the same thing as fluffing up with useless characters.
    That evidence makes your claim invalid. (Granted it's a LONG time ago, but in the context of your claim, NEVER isn't true. They did.)

    Your 'evidence' doesn't support your claim. If you have some evidence that supports it, then feel free to provide it.
    It's your job to provide counter evidence to make your claim valid once more to defend your argument. Hence why I asked you to provide a quote stating that you shouldn't fluff your roster.

    You requested evidence for claims I never made. I wrote it to you in my first response to your request. I'm always ready for serious discussion, but your request was silly. Your later responses even more.
    You have to find evidence that disproves the evidence supplied if you want to give your argument in your claim a chance.

    That's how debates/arguments work.

    Requesting evidence for claims I never made is not how debates/arguments work. That's trolling. Now, stop that silly game of yours.

  • Waqui
    5505 posts Member
    Waqui wrote: »
    TRanger wrote: »
    lnx9fc4gcvlw.png

    The philosophy

    3cfvranvpyff.png

    Buff up..please feel free to read again.

    Yes, it says buff up your characters. It doesn't say:
    Do it mindlessly and take all jawa and tusken to g8/lvl53.

    The post is from back when there were only few game modes, and players could pretty much get by by only having 1 strong team (for arena) and 1 - 3 more for Rancor and hAAT (and not many guilds even did hAAT). So yes, for tournaments you needed to broaden your roster. It's then up to the reader/player to decide wether to take Wiggs to g11/lvl80 or take all jawa and tusken to g8/lvl53.

    So what you're saying is only people prior to TW and GA believed they were supposed to acrue GP?

    That's not what I'm saying. Read again, please.
    Thats what we are saying too. The difference is yoire saying those folks dont have a distinct disadvantage to you who joined after. Or hypocritically to the argument use an alt account from after TW

    I never discussed when people joined. You did that multiple times. Don't mix things up. Don't misinterpret my comments.


  • I wonder if anyone from CG is actually reading this thread. Or is doing anything about matchmaking..... In the road ahead they said the easy improvement was two remove ship GP from calculations. Yet nothing is done. Anyone who focused on ships is getting gimped, not only from ship GP, but GP in subpar toons they geared solely for ships.

    Idealy I guess they could restrict GA to g8 and above toons, and ignore GP from them. And do matchmaking based on GP of higher gear toons. Or better yet redo the GP calculation to focus soley on gear level which basically is the best messure of power.

    GA does favor players that spend money on the game. Older players rosters are filled with obsolete toons and leadership zetas. Also if players buy gear 12 and 12.5 pieces with crystals and $$ they can greatly increase the power of characters with a very modest GP increase.
  • Waqui
    5505 posts Member
    Waqui wrote: »
    TRanger wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    TRanger wrote: »
    bvphrz19nio8.png
    d2v7zzv1rcih.png

    Here are a few more.

    Yes, every point of GP helps in TB. Nobody is disputing that. This screenshot is irrelevant for this discussion. It's simply and explanation of how TB works. There is no instruction to fluff up one's roster here.

    Read the top.....TB is the first feature where every character collected and upgraded provides value. (Buff up your roster) and this is all done prior to TW and GA when it suddenly shifted.

    Again: CG doesn't instruct or encourage players to fluff up their roster. They simply explain that any point of GP (fluff or not) has value in TB. CG leaves it entirely up to the reader to decide how to develop their roster.

    Nobody is disputing wether fluff helped in TB or not. We're discussin wether CG instructed/encouraged players to fluff up their roster or not - and they didn't do that in the referenced announcement.





    Yeah thats exactly what they didnt do. Hey giys you need GP to do better in TB and fluffing will do that fornyou. But we aren't instructing you to do it.

    Again, you misinterpret a post. CG explains that every bit of GP has value in TB - which is true. They leave it up to the reader/player to decide their strategy.

    You read stuff in CG's post, which isn't there in the text.

  • Waqui
    5505 posts Member
    Waqui wrote: »
    Geshtianna wrote: »
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    TRanger wrote: »
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    TRanger wrote: »
    In every aspect of the game. I use my entire roster vs my opponent on GA but thier super only viable toons for that game mode is unbalanced as my entire roster that matches thier GP and are counted as potential when they have more zatas and g12 toons vs mine which is an obstacle/gap that will never be closed vs my opponents. So only count the top half or give more balanced matches out of 10m+ accounts in this game mode.

    So, you use all of your toons your levelled toons a still complain because your opponent was more focused?.....

    Why wouldn't you have as many Zetas?..... Those have been super awesome since they were implemented....

    Zata drops are inconsistent..sometimes 0,1,2,3...fleet credits used to continue to build ships..not always the Zata at times toons.

    I was focused just not your style of focus. So tell me if you only won where opponents don't set defense.. constantly massively out matched. Would you sit here and say it was fair? How is it your game focus should allow you to go against opponents who have no chance against you then matching you vs opponents with your same type of focus. How is it you feel you shouldn't have to match stronger opponents much less ones of your same roster focus. And those who have the opposite must be matched vs others such as yourself.

    Please exissue.ow you winning matches hands down winning premium rewards helps me to reach your level...and why they are needed if you are to be continued to be matched vs players with my similar focus. Shouldn't those rewards be helping you vs opponents with your play style and unique focus. Shouldn't you be "trialing" your rosters vs others who are the same?

    In case you haven't seen how the meta in this game goes etc, it has been very obvious for a very long time that focusing on, and building a team one at a time will pay off.....

    You shouldn't reach my level..... From the amount of posts you have in here, its pretty obvious that this matters to you...... So maybe stop levelling every tom, **** and harry toon and focus on building solid useful teams with your resources...... TW, and even TB should have taught people how to build if they interpreted it right.......

    As for ships, I will totally agree with you there...... I have a very solid ship team, but other than that one team, my ships stink...... Leaving them out of GA gives me an advantage I shouldn't have......

    It's about building one team at a time, until that team becomes obsolete and now pads your stats in a bad way, not to mention building peripheral teams to aid the process. What a waste with Jawas for example, geared up to clear the mod challenge, then now completely obsolete.

    Then there's TB, which required players to boost their GP by levelling up the entire roster. Before TW existed, the level 1s were the liability to the guild by holding others back with not enough GP. Padding GP was the thing players should have been doing.

    And then only few months after TB came TW, where boosting your GP with useless characters would have a similar effect as it does now in GA:
    It may give you a stronger opponent. GA didn't come until a year later. Players had time to adjust.

    Corrext IF everyone started at the same time in the guild. However as you onow your guild is not shard dependent anyone cannjoin. Thus the guilds have a mixture of pre and post TB joining.

    And if you have a mixture of both it evens out. gA youre one or the other.

    What are you on about? Fluff GP has the same effect disregarding wether the player started before TB was introduced or after.
  • BubbaFett wrote: »

    So, to answer your question, because my roster was carefully built towards this type of gameplay I deserve to reap the rewards for my effort, patience and focus.....

    What makes you feel you should be able to build a fluffy roster and still be competitive?...

    GA is relatively new and I don't believe you anticipated that a game mode like this was going to happen when the game started years ago.

    Many of players like me started to "fluff" our rosters because increasing your GP allowed the guild to get better rewards in TB or reach a higher reward bracket in TW, which it can be also considered as an effort like yours but not so selfish.
  • TRanger
    292 posts Member
    Waqui wrote: »
    TRanger wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    TRanger wrote: »
    We're not advocateing for your walk through matches..were advocateing for a more balanced mode taking into account individual play styles and rosters. Not just GP based.

    You're assuming, that GP is the only parameter used at matchmaking. You don't have an official source for that. It's only speculations.

    True but read your opponents states count thier zatas thier g12s look at thier GP both toon and ship..mine has been constant.

    I've met opponents with significantly more g12 characters than myself and also opponents with significantly fewer g12 characters. Most of my opponents have less ship GP and more character GP than I. I never counted number of zetas. I only noticed zetas on some key characters. What's you point? Do you insinuate, that those differences prove, that GP is the only parameter?

    My own assumption is, that the differences are deliberate. I assume, that CG deliberately mix players with stronger rosters and players with weaker rosters instead of pooling 8 players with same roster strength in the same group.

    And yes I do look at each and everyone of very aspect of my opponents rosters..oddly enough we are always with in 0-2k.... At or near my GP they have meta toons I do not own. Double my Zata and g12. So I dig deeper how much exactly are we different then...stats..close to the very same..at times hugely different..I have a roster full of toons at 85...they have half as much..so o my half of those roster is near or same to my entire roster..with double Zata and g12 toons.
  • Waqui
    5505 posts Member
    TRanger wrote: »
    ...GA is in no way fair...

    Will someone any one of you please share why you feel must be given matches you can easily win vs earning the rewards you receive to continue to be matched against players who can not beat you.

    Why is GA I only for you..how about being matched with only players of your similar focus instead..and all players to be matched the same..similar roster/ focus/ toons/ res distribution/ play style....and you guys on the other focus vs your piers.


    My explanation is already in the thread:
    Waqui wrote: »
    My incentive to improve my roster has always been to perform better and win better rewards. I had neglected my DS characters (apart from EP) until DS TB was introduced. I would never have taken Ackbar to g12 if HMF + rebels had not become META. I would never have taken my FOX to g12 if not for TW. (just a few examples). If my chances to win GA would be 50/50 no matter how I build my roster (since I would always be matched with players with similar strength), where would the incentive to build a strong roster (strong for GA, that is) be?

    I personally never took last place yet, but I only took 1st on rare occasions. I have the incentive to improve my roster still, and I also get rewarded, when I do. The incentive and 'sense of accomplishment' would disappear if match-making is changed as suggested by OP and others in this discussion.

    And I disagree. Matching 8 players of equal strength is not fair (unless the one at 0/3 wins receives better rewards than the winner of another group of 8 people with all with significantly weaker rosters - but same GP).

    Even and fair are two different things.



  • BubbaFett
    1998 posts Member
    miguelfoo wrote: »
    BubbaFett wrote: »

    So, to answer your question, because my roster was carefully built towards this type of gameplay I deserve to reap the rewards for my effort, patience and focus.....

    What makes you feel you should be able to build a fluffy roster and still be competitive?...

    GA is relatively new and I don't believe you anticipated that a game mode like this was going to happen when the game started years ago.

    Many of players like me started to "fluff" our rosters because increasing your GP allowed the guild to get better rewards in TB or reach a higher reward bracket in TW, which it can be also considered as an effort like yours but not so selfish.

    Fluffing your roster doesn't much help your guild in TB.... Especially if you don't have solid teams that can complete all of the combat missions....

    As for TW, that is why my roster is built the way it is... I take pride in setting solid teams on defence and having good ones for attacks to help my guild..... fluffing your roster may jump your guild get into a higher rewards bracket, but it hurts you in matchups and leaves you often getting second place rewards, which usually means you would have been better off in the lower bracket with less fluffy rosters...

    So, no I did not know GA was coming.... I just never saw the benefit of having fluffed up junk toons....
  • EA_Rtas
    814 posts EA Moderator
    Keep it on topic folks, there's been some off topic baiting in here lets tone it down and keep it on point please.
  • TRanger
    292 posts Member
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    TRanger wrote: »
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    TRanger wrote: »
    There are always gonna be differences in the GA matchups, we all agree on that. No matter which metric they use whether straight GP, number of zetas, number of G12, number of legendaies, Etc there will always be some who will win and some who will lose.

    This new (probably soon to be abandoned GA) is a good example. I have reached the final of every GA so far. Won some and lost some. This time round in my group 3 of the 8 have good Revan squads and if they put them on defence (which I would) it will be very tough indeed to get through them. Pretty much means I won't be able to clear and thus will probably lose that round.

    Bummer? Aye but it doesn't discourage me or make me particularly salty, just makes me more determined that next time Revan comes around I will be ready for him and will get my own. Then I will have a counter for him and I will be more competitive in this and other game modes. And that's kinda the point.

    GA, probably more than any other area of the game, shows places where your roster needs improving. It should make you sit down and look at what you need to work on. Regardless of how much fluff you might have you only need X teams for your bracket and that means a total of X toons for those teams. Plan out those teams, plan out those toons and start working. The faster you do that, the faster you will see results.

    Some people's rosters will always be stronger due to many factors, spending money in game, top rank guilds, very focused player, etc. But it is within your grasp to make your roster better, if you choose to.

    If not, then maybe accepting that GA may not be the game mode for you, is your way forward

    As with so many things in this game, YMMV

    What do you not understand ...all this prior GA..and a huge chunk post TB pre TW..read the game philosophy...posted multiple times a few pages back. If those so called fluff toons weren't meant to be used why are they selling shards or have nodes to collect them. You guys are playing hop scotch with the issue...which remains....GA is in no way fair...

    Will someone any one of you please share why you feel must be given matches you can easily win vs earning the rewards you receive to continue to be matched against players who can not beat you.

    Why is GA I only for you..how about being matched with only players of your similar focus instead..and all players to be matched the same..similar roster/ focus/ toons/ res distribution/ play style....and you guys on the other focus vs your piers.





    Nobody ever told you to fluff your roster..... Period.

    Those toons and nodes to contact left them are there for when it is time to focus on collecting that team.... Nothing more nothing less.....

    And no one told you how to at your game either...still answer me why you feel you should be matched vs people who are no challenge to you in favor of someone else who is. Answer why you shouldn't have to face the kind of matches I have. Because you have different play style..guess what I do too.

    Again, I face many challenging matchups.... You would be surprised how many players focus on one team at a time and build them up.....

    So, to answer your question, because my roster was carefully built towards this type of gameplay I deserve to reap the rewards for my effort, patience and focus.....

    What makes you feel you should be able to build a fluffy roster and still be competitive?...

    So you focus to beat easy fluff players not players who are more suitable to your focus. And you shouldn't have to vs players with your focus because that's not what you focused.

    Well guess what I didn't focus for you either I focused for my level of game play my style..balanced, not yours. My fluff is bought and paid for with my cash, so I deserve my style of fairness..and not your walkabout or your punching bag.
  • TRanger
    292 posts Member
    EA_Rtas wrote: »
    Keep it on topic folks, there's been some off topic baiting in here lets tone it down and keep it on point please.

    My apologies..I was in the middle of posting that when you called us too order.
  • BubbaFett
    1998 posts Member
    TRanger wrote: »
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    TRanger wrote: »
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    TRanger wrote: »
    There are always gonna be differences in the GA matchups, we all agree on that. No matter which metric they use whether straight GP, number of zetas, number of G12, number of legendaies, Etc there will always be some who will win and some who will lose.

    This new (probably soon to be abandoned GA) is a good example. I have reached the final of every GA so far. Won some and lost some. This time round in my group 3 of the 8 have good Revan squads and if they put them on defence (which I would) it will be very tough indeed to get through them. Pretty much means I won't be able to clear and thus will probably lose that round.

    Bummer? Aye but it doesn't discourage me or make me particularly salty, just makes me more determined that next time Revan comes around I will be ready for him and will get my own. Then I will have a counter for him and I will be more competitive in this and other game modes. And that's kinda the point.

    GA, probably more than any other area of the game, shows places where your roster needs improving. It should make you sit down and look at what you need to work on. Regardless of how much fluff you might have you only need X teams for your bracket and that means a total of X toons for those teams. Plan out those teams, plan out those toons and start working. The faster you do that, the faster you will see results.

    Some people's rosters will always be stronger due to many factors, spending money in game, top rank guilds, very focused player, etc. But it is within your grasp to make your roster better, if you choose to.

    If not, then maybe accepting that GA may not be the game mode for you, is your way forward

    As with so many things in this game, YMMV

    What do you not understand ...all this prior GA..and a huge chunk post TB pre TW..read the game philosophy...posted multiple times a few pages back. If those so called fluff toons weren't meant to be used why are they selling shards or have nodes to collect them. You guys are playing hop scotch with the issue...which remains....GA is in no way fair...

    Will someone any one of you please share why you feel must be given matches you can easily win vs earning the rewards you receive to continue to be matched against players who can not beat you.

    Why is GA I only for you..how about being matched with only players of your similar focus instead..and all players to be matched the same..similar roster/ focus/ toons/ res distribution/ play style....and you guys on the other focus vs your piers.





    Nobody ever told you to fluff your roster..... Period.

    Those toons and nodes to contact left them are there for when it is time to focus on collecting that team.... Nothing more nothing less.....

    And no one told you how to at your game either...still answer me why you feel you should be matched vs people who are no challenge to you in favor of someone else who is. Answer why you shouldn't have to face the kind of matches I have. Because you have different play style..guess what I do too.

    Again, I face many challenging matchups.... You would be surprised how many players focus on one team at a time and build them up.....

    So, to answer your question, because my roster was carefully built towards this type of gameplay I deserve to reap the rewards for my effort, patience and focus.....

    What makes you feel you should be able to build a fluffy roster and still be competitive?...

    So you focus to beat easy fluff players not players who are more suitable to your focus. And you shouldn't have to vs players with your focus because that's not what you focused.

    Well guess what I didn't focus for you either I focused for my level of game play my style..balanced, not yours. My fluff is bought and paid for with my cash, so I deserve my style of fairness..and not your walkabout or your punching bag.

    So where exactly do you use that paid for fluff?
  • Reyalp
    736 posts Member
    Can't they just calculate the non ship GA matchmaking on Character GP only, and the ship GA on overall? It seems to be the main issue.

    There's never going to be a solution to this that makes everyone happy as we've all built our rosters differently.

    I'm one of the lucky ones tho - I get an advantage cause my ship GP is rubbish but my character is good so on GA with no ships it's great for me.

  • The problem that I see here is some users think they deserve the first place in GA because they have less "fluff" in theirs rosters and this fact makes them better players than the rest.

    But, from my point of view what defines you as a better player in GA is to present a good defense and try to guess what combo of characters will let you break through your opponent defense. However, I can understand that some players only want to get the first place without making any effort and without investing time to figure out how to beat a certain team or calculate how much defense can be set in their territories without jeopardizing their offense.
  • CorruptedFlesh
    18 posts Member
    edited March 4
    Reyalp wrote: »
    Can't they just calculate the non ship GA matchmaking on Character GP only, and the ship GA on overall? It seems to be the main issue.

    There's never going to be a solution to this that makes everyone happy as we've all built our rosters differently.

    I'm one of the lucky ones tho - I get an advantage cause my ship GP is rubbish but my character is good so on GA with no ships it's great for me.

    And I am on the other side of things. Usually my opponents have from 150k to 350k more character GP. In 3 vs 3 it is a huge advantage, in 5 vs 5 even with ships, the guy with more char GP still has a minor advantage due to only one ship battle in the territory. In some cases I win, but that requires to be extra careful and tactical about attacks, so usually I end up in second reward pool, twice I was in 3rd reward pool and once I was last (all of those were in 3 vs 3 non-ship GAs). Definitely current matchmaking doesn't make this game mode "fun and playful" as advertised, well, before releasing GA they've made a few posts about how matchmaking would be fair for everybody and it was kind of a big deal.. yet we got what we've got
  • BubbaFett
    1998 posts Member
    miguelfoo wrote: »
    The problem that I see here is some users think they deserve the first place in GA because they have less "fluff" in theirs rosters and this fact makes them better players than the rest.

    But, from my point of view what defines you as a better player in GA is to present a good defense and try to guess what combo of characters will let you break through your opponent defense. However, I can understand that some players only want to get the first place without making any effort and without investing time to figure out how to beat a certain team or calculate how much defense can be set in their territories without jeopardizing their offense.

    Some of us put the effort in up front and focused on not farming a bunch of junk that watered down our rosters..... It's not that I feel I "deserve first place", more that I don't think they should water down the matchmaking to hand you an easier matchup and me a harder one just because you decided to make different choices....

    There is a reason some characters are on 20 energy hard nodes and others are not......
Sign In or Register to comment.