New "Old Republic" Characters Drop Rates (Day 28) [COMPLETED]

Replies

• Options
    mvmss wrote: »
    You're almost there!! Keep at it!!

Sorry i didn't post the last few days. I'll post again tonight.
  • Options
    Sorry I missed the last 2 days. Lots of rough irl stuff...anyway lets get right back into it! Day 25 is now in the books! I had an excellent day overall! 13 for 22 on Juhani and I have officially finished her! Now I only have to Deal with Carth Onasi! He went 5 for 12 today! I've got 30 more shards to go! Totally got this now! :DB)

All updated totals can be seen on the original post. Feel free to join in on the conversation and show how your drop rates have gone! o:)
  • Options
    51/65 on carth
    41/65 on Juhani.

Anyone else finding Juhani drop rate worse too?

In last 7 days my drop rate for Juhani was 6%.... I know that people don't believe this, but this is the (sad) truth
  • Jenjhys
    272 posts Member
    Options
    juhani 640 match => 218 shards : 32.92%
    carth 576 match => 182 shards : 35,77%
  • Options
    Shafro_Fos wrote: »
    Sorry I missed the last 2 days. Lots of rough irl stuff...anyway lets get right back into it! Day 25 is now in the books! I had an excellent day overall! 13 for 22 on Juhani and I have officially finished her! Now I only have to Deal with Carth Onasi! He went 5 for 12 today! I've got 30 more shards to go! Totally got this now! :DB)

All updated totals can be seen on the original post. Feel free to join in on the conversation and show how your drop rates have gone! o:)

Been quietly enjoying this thread for a while. Hope things are okay for you. You are a bright spot on this forum. Now go get your Carth!
  • mvmss
    213 posts Member
    Options
    Almost there!

How's your gear for the event? Mine is:

Bastie g11
    Canderous g10
    Juhani g9
    HK g9
    Carth g9

Except for Bastila, I can bump all of them 1 level up, if needed, at least. Carbantis are my bottleneck.
  • Jedi_of_Oz
    547 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    I was on holidays and completed the last char - Juhani - on March 13th. Carth was completed on March 12th, but I purchased 88 shards from shipments to help with that. The drop rates in order of best to worst were:

Juhani - 36.1%
    COrdo - 35.4%
    Carth - 32.7%
    BSF - 31.6%

dj5ak72b53yk.jpeg

• Yesac
    362 posts Member
    Options
    After spotting this post on February 26, I recorded every sim I made, how many at a time (3 sims, 1 sim, etc), and my overall droprate. There were terrible days. My worst was 9/48 for Juhani. But there were also very good days. My best was 21/40 for Juhani. Carth was pretty steady between 8-10/24, but there were a couple days he rolled a 6 or a 12 out of 24. I ended up purchasing 20 Juhani shards and 24 Carth shards from shipments when it was getting closer to March 13 (when I expected DR), which I regret now. I finished both farms on March 16.

Overall:
    Juhani 238/768 = 30.9%
    Carth 195/549 = 35.5%
    Both = 433/1317 = 32.9%

As you can see, over that length of time, the droprate flattened out. Those days ~20% were tough, but there were enough good days to pick that average up.
  • Options
    Almost there!

Bastie g11
    Canderous g10
    Juhani g9
    HK g9
    Carth g9

Except for Bastila, I can bump all of them 1 level up, if needed, at least. Carbantis are my bottleneck.

I’m doing pretty good so far!
    Fastila g11
    Canderous g11
    Carth g11
    Hk g10
    Juhani g10
  • Options
    GunnerFCm wrote: »

Been quietly enjoying this thread for a while. Hope things are okay for you. You are a bright spot on this forum. Now go get your Carth!

Thank you! I appreciate the support! :smiley:
  • Options
    Day 26 is now in the books. It’s weird that I only have to do Carth now. I went 6/16 today with him. 24 more shards to go!

All updated totals can be seen on the original post! o:)
  • Options
    One suggestion for the future...you should buy the pack at the end of the farm...that way you know who to buy and not waste your money in case you dont make it.

The 699 pack also great if you need every character

Can you do a final count as to crystals used?

Thanks
  • Options
    Day 26 is now in the books. It’s weird that I only have to do Carth now. I went 6/16 today with him. 24 more shards to go!

All updated totals can be seen on the original post! o:)

Congrats dude! You got this one in the bag!!
  • mvmss
    213 posts Member
    Options
    Almost there!

Bastie g11
    Canderous g10
    Juhani g9
    HK g9
    Carth g9

I’m doing pretty good so far!
    Fastila g11
    Canderous g11
    Carth g11
    Hk g10
    Juhani g10

Nice! You got this!
  • Options
    Calbear949 wrote: »
    One suggestion for the future...you should buy the pack at the end of the farm...that way you know who to buy and not waste your money in case you dont make it.

The 699 pack also great if you need every character

Can you do a final count as to crystals used?

Thanks

Unfortunately, outside of crystals i used to buy character shards, i didn't really keep track of the crystals i used when it came to farming on a day-to-day basis (which it changed constantly based on where I landed in Arena each day). I kinda wish I had, and I plan on doing so for future grinds. If you want to see how many crystals I spent on character shards, its at the bottom of the original post. :smiley:
  • Options
    I have to ask, it might be a stupid question but here it goes. I don't know what do you mean by daily refresh, do you refer to the node or to energy refresh?
  • Options
    I have to ask, it might be a stupid question but here it goes. I don't know what do you mean by daily refresh, do you refer to the node or to energy refresh?

I’m referring to the node being refreshed. :)
  • Options
    I've loved following this thread throughout your farm. Great stuff!

I had Badstilla & Canderous 7-starred since before Juhani & Carth dropped, so I've been working on those last two exclusively since then -- two node refreshes each every day, two fleet energy refreshes a day, all F2P with day-to-day crystal reserves (I haven't quite figured out how to create a stockpile yet. I'll get there, haha). I had a LONG string of bad luck with Carth, but for the both of them I'm currently at:

Juhani - 45/100
    Carth - 21/100

If the event doesn't start till Monday the 25th at the earliest, they usually run for a week don't they? So I have, theoretically, ~10 days at minimum for farming including today, right? Requiring a little less than 6 shards per day for Juhani & right around 8 shards per day for Carth.
    Can I... can I do this?
    I just might be able to do this...

LOOK FAVORABLY UPON ME, RNGESUS.
  • Ultra
    11538 posts Moderator
    Options
    Yes you and the rest of the SWGOH base can get DR without spending a dime
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »

Gotta say this is wrong, unless you are top 10 in arena and ship arena to get those bunch of extra crystals for double/triple refreshes. I have been farming the 2 newest characters since they went F2P with little refreshing and am only obtained about 110 shards each.
  • Options
    Day 27 is now in the books! Once again I went 6/16 on Carth and now I have 18 shards to go before he’s at 7*! And with the few extra days I’ll have him ready before it even starts. So I guess using some crystals on shards was a tad overkill. Aw well, what ya gonna do?

All totals can be seen on the original post! B)
  • Dryff
    672 posts Member
    Options
    So, I'm not farming Juhani or Carth yet, but the Fastilla farm is HORRIBLE.

Currently at 40/85. Have simmed all 8 every day since release (with the exception of like, 3 days when I was on vacation). Refreshed only a couple times early on until I saw how horrible the rates were. That's 65 days x 8 sims = 520 total sims (offsetting vacation with random refreshes). 135 shards so far (30 + 65 + 40)

135/520 = 25.9%

Number of sims is probably not exact, but you get the idea...
  • Dryff
    672 posts Member
    Options

Yeah this isn't true at all unless you've been stockpiling crystals for months (or even up to years)
  • Options
    Dryff wrote: »

Yeah this isn't true at all unless you've been stockpiling crystals for months (or even up to years)

they are just salty, ignore them
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Dryff
    672 posts Member
    Options
    Riffinator wrote: »

they are just salty, ignore them

I should know better by now... :D:D:D
  • Options

Stockpiling is the way to go. My guild leader is 100% F2P and he got Jedi Knight Revan first time and he’s on track for Darth Revan. I respect him for that.
  • Options

If you were farming them when they dropped...it would take about 20K worth of crystal to farm everyone (not including HK).

That's about 300-400 a day for 2 to 3 months.
  • Options
    So, I'm not farming Juhani or Carth yet, but the Fastilla farm is HORRIBLE.

Currently at 40/85. Have simmed all 8 every day since release (with the exception of like, 3 days when I was on vacation). Refreshed only a couple times early on until I saw how horrible the rates were. That's 65 days x 8 sims = 520 total sims (offsetting vacation with random refreshes). 135 shards so far (30 + 65 + 40)

135/520 = 25.9%

Number of sims is probably not exact, but you get the idea...

Sorry to hear that bud. If you have the crystals I recommend doing more than just 8 attempts on each node per day.
  • Options
    Calbear949 wrote: »

If you were farming them when they dropped...it would take about 20K worth of crystal to farm everyone (not including HK).

That's about 300-400 a day for 2 to 3 months.

That’s about what I spent on farming nodes per day. I was a little short on crystals so I jumped on buying a few shipments of shards on days where I had bad RNG so I’d be back on track.
  • Options
    Day 28 is now in the books! It is done! HECK YA! I went 10/24 and had only 8 to go so i went and spent the rest of my crystals and got the last 8 Carth Shards (because i'm impatient. :D ) So it is Officially done! everyone is at 7* and everyone except HK is at G11 (and Carth has his Zeta). Its time to bring it on DARTH REVAN! I'm coming for you!!!

The Original post has all the final totals! Thank you for joining me on this Journey and good luck to the rest of you! B)