Preview Darth Revan’s Gear on SWGOH.GG [MEGA]

Replies

• So, how much you think will COST this new gear?
  • Please put the new gear on Mace Windu’s challenge.
  • xxragnarjsxx
    244 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Really CG?

“They’ve had all this time to Hoard gear like they did for CLs and Revan , so they could go g12 day 1”
    So lets make activating the new toon less exciting and force then to buy new gear to keep high in their daily arena ranks, or farm forever for it
    That’ll show them

Wow

The money grab has never been more evident.
    Post edited by xxragnarjsxx on
  • They haven’t said that this gear will not be purchasable by crystals yet have they??

If so I’d imagine worst case is 50/1400?? So 2800 crystals per gear piece x2. If that’s the case not the end of the world. Let’s hope they give some away with the event
  • This is disgusting! I hope they trip, every last one of them! I hope they trip and fall down!
  • Disgusting.
  • They haven’t said that this gear will not be purchasable by crystals yet have they??

If so I’d imagine worst case is 50/1400?? So 2800 crystals per gear piece x2. If that’s the case not the end of the world. Let’s hope they give some away with the event

Regardless, making a gear piece to act as a final paywall to get Darth Revan past gear 8 and 9 is just wrong. I really hope that the "delay" wasn't them just thinking of a way to profit more and coming up with this.
    Best case scenario is that they make the gear as a reward for completing the journey event.

Regardless, making a gear piece to act as a final paywall to get Darth Revan past gear 8 and 9 is just wrong. I really hope that the "delay" wasn't them just thinking of a way to profit more and coming up with this.
    Best case scenario is that they make the gear as a reward for completing the journey event.

I totally agree.. was just asking more if anyone knew for sure yes/no coming in shipments?? Also since it’s new and there’s really not precendence to releasing gear needed simultaneously with the character that first needs it... can we make it have decreasing cost with higher quantities? There’s almost nothing that doesn’t discount buying in bulk. If 25 carbs are 700 then 50 should be 1300. Or something to that effect.
  • This is definitely an attempt to recoup lost revenue from their delays, and it's deplorable, desperate, and quite frankly insulting.
  • You guys are weird, 50 salvage on a normal node farm isn’t exactly gonna make them millions. They prob just needed a specific stats combo and created a new one, or just wanted to slow it down a few days because everyone’s stockpiled everything. Not everything is a vast conspiracy.
  • Drim
    359 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    One more change in coming! The event will unlock at 6* and you can buy the 7th * in the shop for just $99.99!
  • Dwest
    171 posts Member
    yossgold wrote: »
    You guys are weird, 50 salvage on a normal node farm isn’t exactly gonna make them millions. They prob just needed a specific stats combo and created a new one, or just wanted to slow it down a few days because everyone’s stockpiled everything. Not everything is a vast conspiracy.
    They can make a toons stats whatever they want from the start. This is absolutely a money grab
  • Fives5555
    331 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    This is some garbage plain and simple. Another money grab. What about treating the customers (fans) right and give them a game they enjoy. Guess that’s not EAs motto.
  • Their excuse gonna be something terrible like the design of the character needed special gear to be introduced
  • Shameful move...
  • Cal00054 wrote: »
    Please put the new gear on Mace Windu’s challenge.

Yeah, 2 weeks later after we already have the gear and no one else uses it
  • Because you have to wait 8 days? You all grab the pitch forks? In my mind 8 days of waiting is still free. Wow!
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
  • Because you have to wait 8 days? You all grab the pitch forks? In my mind 8 days of waiting is still free. Wow!

It's not as much that for me as it is the totally useless node. Plus it takes away from my other regular farms. I know, I know. 1st world problems. We shall see tomorrow what else they have to say about the situation and gear.
  • It’s a matter of principles.. but seeing you defending this **** move, wow!
  • Doesn’t seem too bad...whales will have g12 day one, everyone else a couple weeks later by ftp farming. We’ve seen worse paywalls, eh?

I’m just amazed they posted stuff on a weekend. I too had to work all weekend...I feel ya CG 🤟🤙
  • It’s a matter of principles.. but seeing you defending this **** move, wow!

I neither defended it or raised pitch forks. To be honest, this is not something that upsets me one way or the either. I'm just amazed at all the reactions.
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
  • Nayr_Taurant
    51 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    only thing that could make this remotely ok is if you're also dropping a new game mode- CW TB setting, a new raid to replace the simming on HPit- that drops new gear. Actually suspect this may be the case, as in the past, new gear has either dropped w/ raised levels, or new modules. there's no way they're dropping a new gear for just one toon.

First off "I've got two guns, one for each of ya" and AIC forever. But on to the matter at hand. Its 8 days of 5 refreshes a day, if you have good rng. Not exactly "free" since that's gonna cost crystals. Plus its the principle of CG basically being like F you to all of the loyal fans. I understand wanting to make money but this is nonsense
  • Why is everyone up in arms? CG is out to make money. They gain nothing by you not spending on this game. They can do it, and they will. We're all addicted to this game in some form or fashion. The simple fact is, they are doing it now and will continue to do it. They are banking on people not being patient, or just wanting the shiny new toy; because it works. If you hate that this company will try to get your money any way they can, then stop playing multiplayer games. Multiplayer games cash in on peoples competitiveness. You don't have to spend on this game, but don't cry when a company that is clearly out to make as much of a profit as they can does so. If you didn't realize this game is pay to win, then you've been living under a rock. Just quit if you hate it...oh wait, you're addicted, you won't. Continue to illogically cry instead.
  • The CG apologists are out in full force tonight....
  • Of course we are going to assume the worst here as a CG is a subsidiary to EA. Communication the night before, ok thanks...but what kind of reaction did you expect? Open Arms?

Just be sure to not make the choice that drives your player base away, regardless of any "prEAssure" your feeling. 10 dollars a month from 100 players is greater than 50 dollars a month from 10. I am ok with you making a profit, I am not ok with you messing around with pay to win non-sense that makes the game exceptionally difficult to balance.
  • This may ruffle some feathers, but I'm just going to say it. Some of you are plain old crybabies. You want the game to be what you want and you think the CG developers owe you explanations when it's not exactly the way you want it or they deserve trash-talk tirades here on this forum. Please. Grow up. It's a game. Be thankful it even exists and you have some device on which to play a game. You're already fortunate..

Beside that, CG already has communicated a lot about this event – far more than any other event previously rolled out. Oh, so you don't want to farm some normal-node gear to push Revan beyond G9? Oh, so you're not going to be able to push Revan to G12 within an hour after unlocking him? Oh, so CG is "criminal" for forcing you into a direction you weren't expecting to go? Oh, so you horded gear and crystals because you thought it would be enough to make Revan instantly arena-destructive for you, and now it's not going to be immediate?

Well, poor you. Just leave the game behind, whiners. Sheesh.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited March 2019
    Please stay on topic, and lets try not to be insulting to others while discussing this topic.

The CG apologists are out in full force tonight....

I must have missed the memo.