2Next

Replies

• Tactyou
    756 posts Member
    Options
    JDK82 wrote: »
    This team is easy to beat:

https://youtu.be/HJd89BsaVoQ

The drevan team is well moded and fast, but not yet fully zetaed (missing one hk47 Zeta, which shouldn't make a big difference so)...

Doesn’t look like fast actually or is it missing hk47 2nd zeta?

• Options
    Nerf?? Why? You’re acting like that team comp is unbeatable. There are several team comps that can reliably take out that team. Such an overreaction. To some testing and figure out what comps and modding you need to beat them. It’s really not that difficult
  • Options
    I’ve have had success against the Revan/Talzin combo as JKR(L)/Yoda/HYoda/Jolee and either Kenobi or bastilla as the fifth.

I don’t see the need to nerf Talzin or Nightsisters anymore than what’s already been done to them. They are an older faction and even though people are using her with Revan doesn’t necessarily means she needs a nerf. All you gotta do is change up your offensive team some and add a healer.
  • Options
    I’ve have had success against the Revan/Talzin combo as JKR(L)/Yoda/HYoda/Jolee and either Kenobi or bastilla as the fifth.

I don’t see the need to nerf Talzin or Nightsisters anymore than what’s already been done to them. They are an older faction and even though people are using her with Revan doesn’t necessarily means she needs a nerf. All you gotta do is change up your offensive team some and add a healer.

Well the problem is that you can't heal when both shock and plague are up when using Jedi Knight Revan, or any other faction including rebels.

I don't want a nerf for any of the character kits either. Nightsisters are great, Darth Revan is great. I'm specifically talking about the interaction between Plague and Healing Immunity or Shock. Plague deals 5% damage to health, can't be dispelled unless you heal back up to 100% health, and other status effects can't be dispelled. Both Shock and Healing Immunity block the ability to heal back to 100% health. And because of Talzin's unique, plague will quickly bounce around between all characters. Your only hope is to survive long enough for the shock or healing immunity to expire and try to salvage the situation, which most likely will be too late. I don't want to change the kits, but I believe that there should be a solution to fixing this type of interaction.

Of course I mostly became concerned because the video I linked in the OP mentioned that there is an entire shard that only runs this team and it has ruined their shard because it comes down to who's darth revan is faster.
  • G20
    132 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Please stop with the nerf trash. You cant stop every possible combination that creative people put together.

To change interactions would mean to change their kits.

Also it opens the door to subjectivity and tweaking ever single interaction

Talzins thing is plague
    dr is fear and shock.

It is what it is
  • obikenobi1
    113 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    there are more teams than just JKR and Darth Revan that are going to be good in this meta
  • Options
    mesa176750 wrote: »

Well the problem is that you can't heal when both shock and plague are up when using Jedi Knight Revan, or any other faction including rebels.

I don't want a nerf for any of the character kits either. Nightsisters are great, Darth Revan is great. I'm specifically talking about the interaction between Plague and Healing Immunity or Shock. Plague deals 5% damage to health, can't be dispelled unless you heal back up to 100% health, and other status effects can't be dispelled. Both Shock and Healing Immunity block the ability to heal back to 100% health. And because of Talzin's unique, plague will quickly bounce around between all characters. Your only hope is to survive long enough for the shock or healing immunity to expire and try to salvage the situation, which most likely will be too late. I don't want to change the kits, but I believe that there should be a solution to fixing this type of interaction.

Of course I mostly became concerned because the video I linked in the OP mentioned that there is an entire shard that only runs this team and it has ruined their shard because it comes down to who's darth revan is faster.

Seems that people on that shard need to start thinking outside the box a bit. Why does it always have to be Darth Revan lead or JKR lead? there are other leads in this game to that will emerge as meta because Darth Revan is mixing things up. I love that we are again seeing diversity in the arena! No team is unbeatable. There are teams that will beat that particular DR/nightsister lineup every time even if they have god mods and will do really well on defense vs them and it doesn't even have Darth Revan or JKR. I'll give a hint.....Jango Fett lead with scoundrels. I'll let people figure out what scoundrels exactly. ; )
  • Options
    We don't need a nerf, we need another journey character. Jedi luke will counter plague and shock.
  • Options

The drevan team is well moded and fast, but not yet fully zetaed (missing one hk47 Zeta, which shouldn't make a big difference so)...

I imagine this prob wouldn't work if DR was faster than JKR?

Having your DR consistently faster than JKR is a pipe dream
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Ededed
    43 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    We don't need a nerf, we need another journey character. Jedi luke will counter plague and shock.

6 months from now we'll get the balance Revan, who will have synergy with both light and dark side Kotor and with Jedi and sith empire, and his team will be malek jolee derpRevan and OP Revan. And he'll get extra team slots so he can include yoda gk traya ds dn hoda ep and whoever else has a skill or ability that isn't in his kit .....
    Progress.
    Joy.

Autocorrect hates me.
    UpTheIrons
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Well, of course Talzin and Zombie work well with Darth Revan, because CG cares about lore now. Oh...wait...
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Seriously though - anyone having trouble with the "Talzin variation" - just use a fast CLS team. Stun Badstilla with Han, buff block Zombie. Kill all 3 Sith Empire, then finish off the NS. I've done it twice in under 90 seconds on a launch shard (all enemies all g12+). It's actually pretty easy.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    The team doesn't hold on defense....at all. Ahnald did some testing and has a video up showing how ridiculously easy it is to beat the DR team with Talzin/Zombie on D with a standard Jedi Revan team. Enough with the pronouncements about how unstoppable teams because they can win on offense. There are plenty of teams that can win on offense, particularly taking advantage of the AI. No team will be meta dominant unless it can hold up on D.
  • Options

I never seen a JKR fast as 330 speed. I however seen Darth Revan at 330 speed. Not a pipe dream just need luck with mods.1h8tf11xbw4y.png
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options

I never seen a JKR fast as 330 speed. I however seen Darth Revan at 330 speed. Not a pipe dream just need luck with mods.1h8tf11xbw4y.png

Lol what? If you add in the Leadership Speed bonus to JKR, it IS a pipe dream for Darth Revan to go before JKR.
  • Javin37
    367 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Huatimus wrote: »
    Lol what? If you add in the Leadership Speed bonus to JKR, it IS a pipe dream for Darth Revan to go before JKR.

First move you're right..

But I think he meant throughout the battle. DR is getting +15 for each of his own debuffs.
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Well, of course Talzin and Zombie work well with Darth Revan, because CG cares about lore now. Oh...wait...
    This. I don't mind if a team is hard to beat but what really disturbs me is, I was looking forward to see the Sith Empire teams shine. And instead have to face those cheesy combinations now that make no sense at all, they just shouldn't work together like that in an arena team. So I can't really believe this was intended to happen.