After terrible rng when farming OR characters...

Prev1
this...
unknown.png

Replies

• MntMan
    281 posts Member
    Options
    But, but, but you got 4 sim tickets..........

That should ease the pain.

I think CG realized there wasn't enough of a separation for the whales after JKR. I mean almost everyone got him at least by the second time around and had him maxed out. No real need for whaling. This time around the harpoons have been sharpened up.
  • Options
    True, I had forgotten about the sim tickets. ;)
  • Options
    yesterday I was farming a purple salvage gr piece for dengar on a normal node, went 1/24...seriously wrong, just makes me so annoyed
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options
    Character shards have a 33% drop rate and purple gear has a 20% drop rate

You're in for a ride
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »

You're in for a ride

We're "told" characters have a 33% drop rate on average. (meaning the collective character drop rate) That doesn't mean CG isn't turning down drop rates before and during events, or when they see the need to. I was getting 2-3 shards of Carth and Juhani a day leading up to this event. During this even I'm getting about 1 a day. I even tried refreshing Carth's node to do 16. Nope, out of 16 I only got 1 shard drop. Pretty much been that way for the last few days. A couple days I got zero of 8. I wasn't even expecting to get DR this time, but it doesn't mean my drop rate doesn't still suck.

However, as I hear, the last time someone tried to do a "scientific" long-term drop rate study, they were told to "stop it!" by someone important. Why? Because drop rates get "massaged" from time to time.
  • Options
    Surely if the game is profit making on odds on item/shard drops. There should be a set percentage rate and that should be permanent.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    MntMan wrote: »
    But, but, but you got 4 sim tickets..........

That should ease the pain.

I think CG realized there wasn't enough of a separation for the whales after JKR. I mean almost everyone got him at least by the second time around and had him maxed out. No real need for whaling. This time around the harpoons have been sharpened up.

Carrie publicly stated something along the lines of "not everyone had revan" 2nd time around and the numbers were below or right around where they expected... but it sure was not along the lines of WOW everyone has revan
  • Options
    Whatelse73 wrote: »

We're "told" characters have a 33% drop rate on average. (meaning the collective character drop rate) That doesn't mean CG isn't turning down drop rates before and during events, or when they see the need to. I was getting 2-3 shards of Carth and Juhani a day leading up to this event. During this even I'm getting about 1 a day. I even tried refreshing Carth's node to do 16. Nope, out of 16 I only got 1 shard drop. Pretty much been that way for the last few days. A couple days I got zero of 8. I wasn't even expecting to get DR this time, but it doesn't mean my drop rate doesn't still suck.

However, as I hear, the last time someone tried to do a "scientific" long-term drop rate study, they were told to "stop it!" by someone important. Why? Because drop rates get "massaged" from time to time.

We're "told" by players of the game tracking drops over extended periods of time and large amounts of samples.

AFAIK CG/EA has never come out and explicitly said what the drop rate is.

But sure, take your sample size of 16 and cry conspiracy.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    Seven mk5 laptops, though! It's not like people are just sitting on hundreds of tho...

Ah, wait.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options

You're in for a ride
    I stopped using Facebook to avoid this kind of vague pulled out of thin air misinformation
  • ddlooping2
    1046 posts Member
    Options
    Now farming Range Trooper...

Yesterday
    unknown.png

Today
    unknown.png

What are the chances?? :dizzy:
  • Options
    Somebody needs to take some lessons in probability.

People elsewhere in the forums have tracked drop rates over thousands of sims, and consistently report 33% as the drop rate for character shards.

Your bits of evidence are unlucky outliers, and sadly so insignificant that they are irrelevant.

As a counter to your conspiracy, I got 13/24 on IG2000 yesterday and 15/24 today. What are the chances?!
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Your account has been marked by CG for extremely bad RNG. Please either create a new account or buy a couple of crystal vaults to improve your gameplay RNG.

/s
  • ddlooping2
    1046 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    As a counter to your conspiracy, I got 13/24 on IG2000 yesterday and 15/24 today. What are the chances?!
    I'm not claiming conspiracy, just sharing my experience. :wink:
    Your chances were much higher than mine. :tongue:

P.S: my avatar is cuter than yours and I have a higher post count, thus I'm right, you're wrong. :blush:
  • Options
    ddlooping2 wrote: »
    Now farming Range Trooper...

Yesterday
    unknown.png

Today
    unknown.png

What are the chances?? :dizzy:

Assuming a drop rate of 1/3, it’s 0.67 to the power of 16, or roughly 0.0015.
    That’s about 1 in 650 if you prefer it in gambling terms.

Unlikely, yes. Impossible, no.
  • Options
    JDIII wrote: »
    The drop rate is maxed at 33%, the average though is in the lower 20’s!

Prove it.
  • Options
    ddlooping2 wrote: »
    I'm not claiming conspiracy, just sharing my experience. :wink:
    Your chances were much higher than mine. :tongue:

P.S: my avatar is cuter than yours and I have a higher post count, thus I'm right, you're wrong. :blush:
    That’s debatable. I’ve always had a thing for Sullustans.
  • Options
    The house always wins.
  • Whatelse73
    2168 posts Member
    Options

You're in for a ride
    I stopped using Facebook to avoid this kind of vague pulled out of thin air misinformation

I'm not a part of any SWGOH facebook group and what I said was stated by a game changer.....
  • jhbuchholz
    1966 posts Member
    Options

You're in for a ride

I'm not a part of any SWGOH facebook group and what I said was stated by a game changer.....

Source?

Here is a very recent long(ish) term study documented in these very forums: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/196365/new-old-republic-characters-drop-rates-day-28-completed/p1
  • Options
    jhbuchholz wrote: »

You're in for a ride

Source?

Here is a very recent long(ish) term study documented in these very forums: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/196365/new-old-republic-characters-drop-rates-day-28-completed/p1

I was literally just getting ready to link that. Nobody ever told any of them to stop tracking. I never posted my numbers, but they were consistent with everything in that post.
  • Options
    Ive had greedo hit 8 times in a row with 85% crti chance two times in a row. Ive also had a character dodge my attack 4 times in a row (Without foresight). Rng is a crazy thing. Oh ive also had 7/8 a few times and never had 0/8 on hard node farms.
  • Options
    I’m more saddened by the fact that it takes 6 carbs (and 3 stun guns) to gear him up...right after I “wasted” my 2 saved carbs on bringing Juhani to G8 so I could clear t6...
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    Options

Assuming a drop rate of 1/3, it’s 0.67 to the power of 16, or roughly 0.0015.
    That’s about 1 in 650 if you prefer it in gambling terms.

Unlikely, yes. Impossible, no.

Seems astronomically low!

Let's assume there are 1,000,000 players worldwide who play SWGOH. That means that each day, there are about 1,500 players who are likely to get this result. Suddenly, it doesn't seem like such an unreasonable number. The odds of it happening to a specific person on an individual day is very low, but such is life.
  • Options
    fletchmars wrote: »
    Ive had greedo hit 8 times in a row with 85% crti chance two times in a row. Ive also had a character dodge my attack 4 times in a row (Without foresight). Rng is a crazy thing. Oh ive also had 7/8 a few times and never had 0/8 on hard node farms.

Never had 0/8!?

ilbs6etgae39.gif
  • Options

You've never gone 0/8 on a hard node? We're playing different games.
  • Whatelse73
    2168 posts Member
    Options

You're in for a ride

Source?

Yep, only a month long "study" which really doesn't mean much in the long-term. It's good for tracking purposes leading up to the event and during. The one I heard about was a year-long study of drop rates which would've been more indicative of actual rates and would've shown how drop rates go up and down during certain times and certain events.

Good info on that one though, but during the same timeframe I was getting 1, maybe 2 a day from the three characters I needed to farm for D Revan. But I didn't do any node refreshes, just the basic 8 per day on each.
  • Options

You're in for a ride

Source?

Yep, only a month long "study" which really doesn't mean much in the long-term. It's good for tracking purposes leading up to the event and during. The one I heard about was a year-long study of drop rates which would've been more indicative of actual rates and would've shown how drop rates go up and down during certain times and certain events.

Good info on that one though, but during the same timeframe I was getting 1, maybe 2 a day from the three characters I needed to farm for D Revan. But I didn't do any node refreshes, just the basic 8 per day on each.

Sooo...you’re saying your sample size was considerably smaller? Like 50-67% smaller?
  • KyJoe_Cool
    1873 posts Member
    Options

Never had 0/8!?

ilbs6etgae39.gif
    FolsomTony wrote: »

You've never gone 0/8 on a hard node? We're playing different games.

bvuy3roc52xq.gif
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ