Time for new challenges and raids?

Prev1
It has been over a year since we got a new raid and much longer than that since we got new or more difficult challenges. The challenges are now boring and just simmed and many guilds can now easily beat all the raids. I would love to have some harder challenges for more advanced players that take more better characters and some strategy, along with some nice gear payouts. Also would love for another character raid as well as a ship raid. Too many parts of this game are getting stale as everyone progresses and the game doesn't keep up.

Replies

  • Jarvind
    2260 posts Member
    My assumption has been that we won't get any significant new PVE content until they raise the level cap or introduce G13, or both.

    If they put in a new raid now, that would be more credits, gear, and guild coins being pumped into the game economy without raising the ceiling, which means people would be able to level and gear their characters that much faster. Presumably a new raid would also be harder than HSTR and have commensurate rewards as well, so it would be a noticeable amount of extra resources.

    The chase is what drives spending, so it seems unlikely that they'd give us a way to close the gap faster without making the gap wider first.
  • I could see adding in a ship raid at the same time as introducing G13 and a level raise to 90 (required level for that last piece of gear 12+). I think most people would be on board with that as well, finally give us something to do with all these ships we’ve been farming as the arena meta changes.
  • Ignore meta and build what you want then try to beat the meta, its fun and challenging.
  • Phoenixeon wrote: »
    Ignore meta and build what you want then try to beat the meta, its fun and challenging.
    ...that’s why you farm all the ships, so you can do this. I think we’re talking about the same thing.
  • Dk_rek
    3124 posts Member
    edited April 3
    I love the argument we can get NO new content because they would have to give us 10-20 HSTR/STR in most instances dont even give that )of something a week we need 4,000 of ok....

    I call bull..... we are in milk it for what its worth mode....

    Then they can release GOH2 which no one will spend on cause everyone will keep their GP as low as possible for the GA released in 2021 before they get ready for GOH3....

    Hudsongameoverman.jpg

    Sorry if you dont want more pve cause you feel its too time consuming stop making up lame excuses if the argument holds no water.... lots of people want new content cant get it because it would take up too much one computer time....


    COME ON TEAM enough pvp for “now” give us something to do shiiiiiips
  • botabu
    200 posts Member
    The time for new challenges and the Rewards associated with them was about a year and a half ago...... they are so outdated it’s beyond ridiculous .
  • botabu wrote: »
    The time for new challenges and the Rewards associated with them was about a year and a half ago...... they are so outdated it’s beyond ridiculous .

    Tarkin's challenge is still super useful. That's 3xweek. Savage's challenge is still useful. That's 3xweek. Mace's challenge? Ugh.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • D_ToX
    20 posts Member
    I hope that they do something soon, totally bored as are many people that I speak with.
    Maybe the end is in sight....
  • Cause the Sith Triumvirate is super easy and can be soloed by a number of teams, right?
  • Jarvind
    2260 posts Member
    Cause the Sith Triumvirate is super easy and can be soloed by a number of teams, right?

    It is easy now. My guild finishes it in 2-3 hours.

    It's easy when you're in a guild that's mastered it. For the overwhelming majority of players it's still pretty hard. Just getting past phase 1 is a real bear if your guild isn't flush with JTR teams.
  • We’ll prolly get a lame Mythic Rancor before any original new PvE content.
    Member of ‘Thugs in White Armor’
  • Droideka
    615 posts Member
    I don’t think there is a new raid in the works yet, otherwise they would not be defending the HSTR as zealously as they have to keep it as end-game content. If they had a new raid coming, they wouldn’t really care if a new character could solo a phase of the raid.
  • Jarvind
    2260 posts Member
    Jarvind wrote: »
    Cause the Sith Triumvirate is super easy and can be soloed by a number of teams, right?

    It is easy now. My guild finishes it in 2-3 hours.

    It's easy when you're in a guild that's mastered it. For the overwhelming majority of players it's still pretty hard. Just getting past phase 1 is a real bear if your guild isn't flush with JTR teams.

    So the entire game should stagnate since some people can't yet beat it? They need to add new content, and not just money grabbing toons. A ship raid everyone had to work for would be great. A new raid overall would be great.

    Not everyone could get Traya due to the difficulty of beating HSTR. It was something you had to work at and master as you say. Why shouldn't the people who have already done that also have something to work towards?

    I mean, I can just as easily flip this around, though: "Why should everyone else get left behind in the dust when new content comes out that they can't beat, just because you're bored?"

    I don't know what the devs' plans are, man. All I was saying is that HSTR still isn't trivial for most people, despite having been around for as long as it has. It requires some pretty specific teams, and the vast majority of players are "casual" i.e. they aren't laser-focused on "progression" and just gear up the characters they like.

    Would I love to see more PVE content? Absolutely. Raids are my favorite part of the game and it's kind of a bummer that Rancor and HAAT are both trivial and we still don't have anything new. Soon I'll have Traya unlocked, and then once she's 7-starred, HSTR will be ho-hum also.

    But I don't think moaning about it on a forum is going to make that new stuff come any faster.
  • Droideka wrote: »
    I don’t think there is a new raid in the works yet, otherwise they would not be defending the HSTR as zealously as they have to keep it as end-game content. If they had a new raid coming, they wouldn’t really care if a new character could solo a phase of the raid.

    They aren’t protecting the raid, they’re protecting their precious Revan(s).
    Member of ‘Thugs in White Armor’
  • Jarvind wrote: »
    Jarvind wrote: »
    Cause the Sith Triumvirate is super easy and can be soloed by a number of teams, right?

    It is easy now. My guild finishes it in 2-3 hours.

    It's easy when you're in a guild that's mastered it. For the overwhelming majority of players it's still pretty hard. Just getting past phase 1 is a real bear if your guild isn't flush with JTR teams.

    So the entire game should stagnate since some people can't yet beat it? They need to add new content, and not just money grabbing toons. A ship raid everyone had to work for would be great. A new raid overall would be great.

    Not everyone could get Traya due to the difficulty of beating HSTR. It was something you had to work at and master as you say. Why shouldn't the people who have already done that also have something to work towards?

    But I don't think moaning about it on a forum is going to make that new stuff come any faster.

    How else would they know if players approve or disapprove of the game’s direction?
    Member of ‘Thugs in White Armor’
  • Mr_Sausage
    1844 posts Member
    I’m not remotely interested in a new raid yet but those challenges sure could use updating. Or at least increase drop rates of 6 or 7 carbs from .0001% to something reasonable.
  • Jarvind
    2260 posts Member
    edited April 4
    Jarvind wrote: »
    Jarvind wrote: »
    Cause the Sith Triumvirate is super easy and can be soloed by a number of teams, right?

    It is easy now. My guild finishes it in 2-3 hours.

    It's easy when you're in a guild that's mastered it. For the overwhelming majority of players it's still pretty hard. Just getting past phase 1 is a real bear if your guild isn't flush with JTR teams.

    So the entire game should stagnate since some people can't yet beat it? They need to add new content, and not just money grabbing toons. A ship raid everyone had to work for would be great. A new raid overall would be great.

    Not everyone could get Traya due to the difficulty of beating HSTR. It was something you had to work at and master as you say. Why shouldn't the people who have already done that also have something to work towards?

    But I don't think moaning about it on a forum is going to make that new stuff come any faster.

    How else would they know if players approve or disapprove of the game’s direction?

    They don't care if you approve. They care about metrics. If people are playing and spending, it doesn't matter if they moan and complain while they do it.

    And anyway, they seem to prefer Reddit to their own dedicated forum, for whatever reason.
  • Cause the Sith Triumvirate is super easy and can be soloed by a number of teams, right?

    Yes, it can, that's right. There's a lot of exciting/challenging content in the game for newer and lower gp players but for others there's also a lot that's become stale and tired and in need of a refresh.
  • Phoenixeon wrote: »
    Ignore meta and build what you want then try to beat the meta, its fun and challenging.

    Totally agree
  • Mr_Sausage wrote: »
    I’m not remotely interested in a new raid yet but those challenges sure could use updating. Or at least increase drop rates of 6 or 7 carbs from .0001% to something reasonable.

    I fink they need to add other gear for the challenge gear
  • Mr_Sausage wrote: »
    I’m not remotely interested in a new raid yet but those challenges sure could use updating. Or at least increase drop rates of 6 or 7 carbs from .0001% to something reasonable.

    I fink they need to add other gear for the challenge gear

    Or at least add another tier that is actually a challenge
  • Dk_rek
    3124 posts Member
    Droideka wrote: »
    I don’t think there is a new raid in the works yet, otherwise they would not be defending the HSTR as zealously as they have to keep it as end-game content. If they had a new raid coming, they wouldn’t really care if a new character could solo a phase of the raid.

    They aren’t protecting the raid, they’re protecting their precious Revan(s).

    Revans are out...people have paid....

    It's time for some PVE content for 90% of players who are not top tier gods who stink at GA, and the Arenas....
    give us something TO PLAY.

    Solo Raid
    Solo TB
    Some kind of crazy Solo PVE event with certain challenges you need to conquer and how far you get determines your rewards...

    There has got to be something "fun" for the people who hate PVP can have that gives them something to work for not involving getting rolfstomped EVERY TIME in the PVP events and arenas
  • The game is stale, there is nothing new in the forecast. Any new character isn't useful because it isn't used for much other than the same old stuff.

    The end is near.
  • A TB style event would be great. Especially with mini bosses and cool additions to keep it dynamic. Don’t even need to add new characters, just G12 or 6* mods or something to incentivize. Game modes that let you utilize the 150 some characters that aren’t viable for PvP,
    Member of ‘Thugs in White Armor’
  • There’s a rumor floating around that there might be a Star Forge raid to unlock Darth Malak. I’d be cool with that.
  • Dk_rek
    3124 posts Member
    The game is stale, there is nothing new in the forecast. Any new character isn't useful because it isn't used for much other than the same old stuff.

    The end is near.

    This is truth
  • Jarvind
    2260 posts Member
    The game is stale, there is nothing new in the forecast. Any new character isn't useful because it isn't used for much other than the same old stuff.

    The end is near.

    Every multiplayer game I've ever played has had people constantly declaring THE END IS NIGH the entire time. Every single one of them is still running.
Sign In or Register to comment.