Rancor simming is oppressive.

Replies

• No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    icanectc wrote: »
    Rancor simming is oppressive to those who want to manually do it. Most guilds work democratically and democracy is a very oppressive system. The rewards are better for the lower half of the guild, equal for the top 20-10 and worse for the top 10. This means that it's a 30/20 balance at best, I would argue it's more like 30-40/20-10. There is no way if you put it on a vote that the majority is ever going to win this, especially when every rancor it used to be 10-15 people raiding and everyone else getting a 0.

I am struggling to convice my guild to keep it manual and yes this is my personal problem, but everywhere I look on guild recruitment, most top GP guilds seem to be simming it. What's the other option, start my own guild? It's possible, but then again who wants to do that, I've been in people's guilds for 3 years now all of a sudden I gotta make my own?

This feature punishes all those who showed up on time for the past year and a half and rewards those who haven't showed up in that long. Considering how easy it is to solo the rancor in less than 10 minutes and on auto, all you have to do is show up. And if you aren't willing to show up, fine, then don't complain about where you place.

I would totally support simming the raid if the guild currency and gear was top 3 instead of top 20. Yet the devs very conveniently boosted the amount of Han shards to make it more appealing to alot of guilds.

This is a case that is an example of how democracy can be oppressive to a group of individuals who go the extra mile to earn more and that's not example that this game should promote.

Coming from a tier 1 guild in this game i can say i am 100% in favor of simming vs not simming. For the simple fact that if 50 people auto it then the game in a rng fashion decides who goes where for placement everytime. So many players could be 40-50 placement for weeks and lose out on top rewards anyway.

Simming gives everyone middle of the road loot boxes and with certainly more content to come, im cool with it. If you happen to be in a guild where only a handful of players auto it then i could see it being a problem. But overall i think middle rewards is good enough for all players in the guild. And so far we've all had pretty decent rewards drop from simming it.

Let me start by saying that theoretically yes it's possible that all 50 members will do it but realistically it doesn't happen, if it does then do what you wish. Now back to the real world, let's say your guild is extreme, 40 people solo each and every rancor. That puts your average rank at 20 which mean simming doesn't do too much in your case. Considering most guilds don't have more than 30 players soloing I would say that the average rank is around 15 for those who solo, which is better than simming. Then we get to guilds where 20 solo and the average rank drops to 10. Even if that's the case, you're still bound by the bottom 30 0s who democratically elect not to do it manually.

Well i can only speak for my guild where everyone participates as we are a top 50 guild. So it definitely impacted us in a positive way to sim it vs not sim it.

With that said simming isn't required by the game it is a guild leadership decision. Thus if the guild you are jn wants to sim it and you don't either you need to find a guild that doesn't sim it or simply get on board unfortunately. I don't see them evaluating the loot boxes anytime soon for rancor simming so likely your argument will fall on deaf ears. And as you can see the "stop complaining" people are out in full force lol.

I doubt they will ever evaluate the loot boxes since simmed total distribution is very close to played total distribution. This turned out much better than we pondered when it was first announced. There's simply no need to evaluate anything. It's greed talking.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    And the op lost all credibility with the opening hyperbole. It's a moot discussion.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    No_Try wrote: »
    Rancor simming is oppressive to those who want to manually do it. Most guilds work democratically and democracy is a very oppressive system. The rewards are better for the lower half of the guild, equal for the top 20-10 and worse for the top 10. This means that it's a 30/20 balance at best, I would argue it's more like 30-40/20-10. There is no way if you put it on a vote that the majority is ever going to win this, especially when every rancor it used to be 10-15 people raiding and everyone else getting a 0.

I am struggling to convice my guild to keep it manual and yes this is my personal problem, but everywhere I look on guild recruitment, most top GP guilds seem to be simming it. What's the other option, start my own guild? It's possible, but then again who wants to do that, I've been in people's guilds for 3 years now all of a sudden I gotta make my own?

This feature punishes all those who showed up on time for the past year and a half and rewards those who haven't showed up in that long. Considering how easy it is to solo the rancor in less than 10 minutes and on auto, all you have to do is show up. And if you aren't willing to show up, fine, then don't complain about where you place.

I would totally support simming the raid if the guild currency and gear was top 3 instead of top 20. Yet the devs very conveniently boosted the amount of Han shards to make it more appealing to alot of guilds.

This is a case that is an example of how democracy can be oppressive to a group of individuals who go the extra mile to earn more and that's not example that this game should promote.

Coming from a tier 1 guild in this game i can say i am 100% in favor of simming vs not simming. For the simple fact that if 50 people auto it then the game in a rng fashion decides who goes where for placement everytime. So many players could be 40-50 placement for weeks and lose out on top rewards anyway.

Simming gives everyone middle of the road loot boxes and with certainly more content to come, im cool with it. If you happen to be in a guild where only a handful of players auto it then i could see it being a problem. But overall i think middle rewards is good enough for all players in the guild. And so far we've all had pretty decent rewards drop from simming it.

Let me start by saying that theoretically yes it's possible that all 50 members will do it but realistically it doesn't happen, if it does then do what you wish. Now back to the real world, let's say your guild is extreme, 40 people solo each and every rancor. That puts your average rank at 20 which mean simming doesn't do too much in your case. Considering most guilds don't have more than 30 players soloing I would say that the average rank is around 15 for those who solo, which is better than simming. Then we get to guilds where 20 solo and the average rank drops to 10. Even if that's the case, you're still bound by the bottom 30 0s who democratically elect not to do it manually.

Well i can only speak for my guild where everyone participates as we are a top 50 guild. So it definitely impacted us in a positive way to sim it vs not sim it.

With that said simming isn't required by the game it is a guild leadership decision. Thus if the guild you are jn wants to sim it and you don't either you need to find a guild that doesn't sim it or simply get on board unfortunately. I don't see them evaluating the loot boxes anytime soon for rancor simming so likely your argument will fall on deaf ears. And as you can see the "stop complaining" people are out in full force lol.

I doubt they will ever evaluate the loot boxes since simmed total distribution is very close to played total distribution. This turned out much better than we pondered when it was first announced. There's simply no need to evaluate anything. It's greed talking.

To say they would "never" evaluate the loot boxes is a bit to definitive of a statement. They will obviously at some point re work loot boxes including the ones in simmable raids. Thus, a more accurate statement would be they won't be evaluating loot boxes anytime soon.

Yeah and that's not what I said either. You can re-read the post if you want to.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options

To say they would "never" evaluate the loot boxes is a bit to definitive of a statement. They will obviously at some point re work loot boxes including the ones in simmable raids. Thus, a more accurate statement would be they won't be evaluating loot boxes anytime soon.

Yeah and that's not what I said either. You can re-read the post if you want to.

Your statement "I doubt they will ever evaluate the loot boxes since simmed total distribution is very close to played total distribution"

If you are referring to your personal inflection of "I doubt" to somehow mitigate the "they will never evaluate". All you did was raise your personal assumption and not one of any other legitimate source of information. I failed to see how i misinterpreted what you said.

You expressed pretty well how you misinterpreted it. Unless I state otherwise and make a claim that someone lese is the source of the information, everything is by default my opinion, same applies to you. I said what I doubt and why I doubt it.

You can explain why you think simmed boxes should yield a higher total than played raid boxes if you desire to refute my reasoned doubt.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Waqui wrote: »
    Your guild receives better rewards total when simming, while also saving time.

Coincidentally it happens that those who are active on soloing raids are the same people who carry others in TW and TB, the same people who pulled the weight of others when the guild was struggling to get HSTR done. Some people just care and others don't care as much, hard to see the ones who care get less and those who care less receive more

But still your guild as a whole receives better rewards, which give your guild a better chance at performinh better in guild events.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    Are you offended by the simming system too?

I don't understand what you're trying to say honestly

I just wanted to know if you are one of the oppresed snowflakes that's offended by -things- (basically everything).

I love how everyone is a "snowflake" learn to be a leader not a follower. The guy defended himself by being called selfish. Anyone would reasonably defend themselves when someone uses name calling and belittling tones rather than providing a legitimate retort to his predicament and thoughts. Great job feeding negative and unhelpful comments!

The hyperbole warranted it for me. It didn't require or deserve any honest investigation. Thus I indulge myself at the corpse of the argument. Never meant to be helpful or positive here. On other topics I go to incredible lengths to get an argument across.
  • Options

Coincidentally it happens that those who are active on soloing raids are the same people who carry others in TW and TB, the same people who pulled the weight of others when the guild was struggling to get HSTR done. Some people just care and others don't care as much, hard to see the ones who care get less and those who care less receive more

But still your guild as a whole receives better rewards, which give your guild a better chance at performinh better in guild events.

You keep throwing this out there when it's not true. "The whole guild receives better rewards total when simming". That's simply not true. Especially when you factor in the fact that top players are more valuable in team modes like TW and TB. I get more banners than most in my guild, and I place significantly higher in TB and my GP is slightly above average for the guild. There are names of people in my guild I've never seen near the top of any leaderboard despite the fact that they have decent rosters, they just barely play the game and no judgment on that, but when I see the same 7-10 names in the top of every raid, TW, TB and what have you, I know these people put in extra effort all around and deserve to do better in rancor as well.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Options
    Well I mean, in order to unlock the simming, you have to have beat the Raid many many times manually. Sure it sucks that they chose such a low gear peice and even lower currency causing half the guild to get worse rewards and the people who actually showed up to the raid much much worse rewards in every possible way,

But it promotes good guildmenship by people now having to worry about being awake at midnight to raid, depending on timezones, buffing everyone up at once.

Really though all the things should be one tier higher and noone would have a leg on to complain about :p
  • Options
    It's also extremely entertaining when people call me selfish in the forum when my guild doesn't even have a 600 ticket requirement, some people we're lucky if they get 500. Which is another issue that people overlook, some people are assuming everyone gets 600 tickets every day, which simply isn't even true. Loads of players don't get even 500 or 550, and although that's an issue within the guild to be solved by its own members, the reality is that everyone has different reasons for saying stuff that aren't always because they are selfish. And I even mentioned above that I am all for same rewards for all members but definitely not if they are going to pull that from the middle of the pack instead of the top.

People have mastered this particular raid and if you can solo it, you ought to be able to earn rewards from the top and not the middle of the pack. If you really think about it, the devs are the ones who decided that rancor gear had to stay relevant past gear 11. They decided it was going to be needed for crafting parts at g12++ which makes the gear more valuable. If they didn't play that dirty game then rancor gear would eventually turn into no different than challenge gear as the game evolves. They overloaded characters with stun guns and cuffs and then wonder why people still make a big deal out of rancor rewards.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    Here's some context to the beat horse that people already went over several times:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/198088/rewards-for-raid-simming-data-table
    https://gaming-fans.com/2019/03/raid-simming-a-breakdown-of-the-rewards/

Anyone remembers the topics that were continuously popping that the raid rewards should be same for all members, that's how a guild is supposed to operate in the og rancy and aat release times?
  • Options
    evoluza wrote: »

You keep throwing this out there when it's not true. "The whole guild receives better rewards total when simming". That's simply not true. Especially when you factor in the fact that top players are more valuable in team modes like TW and TB. I get more banners than most in my guild, and I place significantly higher in TB and my GP is slightly above average for the guild. There are names of people in my guild I've never seen near the top of any leaderboard despite the fact that they have decent rosters, they just barely play the game and no judgment on that, but when I see the same 7-10 names in the top of every raid, TW, TB and what have you, I know these people put in extra effort all around and deserve to do better in rancor as well.

It is true. Overall progress in your guild is better! You only problem is, that you think you deserve better. I say, you don't. Anyone can solo rancor and then rng decides who gets top 10. That's a no for most guilds playing it manually and relie on rng.
    Same goes for HAAT. Soon the hopefully equalize the rewards to.
    Then comes the sith raid. Can't make it like rancor, because people will keep playing it.
    This is bad for every simming guild then, because in other guilds the top 10 still race forward with this rewards. It want help the guild, but that's what they created.

Waiting for reward equalization and when they put the missing raid rewards into GA.
    Then you can fight for your reward against non guildies.

Did I say I deserve better? I said those who come to raid deserve better than those who don't. I said those who carry the guild in TB and TW happen to be the same people who show up to raid, which is not a coincidence. The bottom line is that everyone has the opportunity to solo it, it's their choice not to do so. But even then, I still said that I'm cool with equal rewards, just better rewards.

Imagine this example; person A contributes 10/10 or 1 in TB and TW. Person B participates 5/10 or 0.5 in TB and TW. Person A gets x amount of gear and guild tokens by constantly being there to solo rancor. Person B gets y amount of gear with y<x because they don't show up as consistently. If we turn x and y into z where x>z>y what this means is that person A overall receives less gear than before and person B receives more gear than before

If we multiply 1*x it equals to more than 1*z for person A and for person B 0.5*z is less than 1*z by person A. Either way person A will be more productive regardless of the rewards so we need to find how much difference there is between x,y and z. If we look at the rewards, even the bottom 50 finisher gets 2 boxes, lower quality boxes but 2 boxes. At the top however where player A used to get 3 boxes more often than not, now they constantly receive 2 and never 3. Since their contribution factor is 1 instead of 0.5 that's a bigger impact in the guild overall. Not to mention fewer credits and guild tokens. So ultimately the real question is this, are the extra Han Solo shards and a little bit of extra guild tokens worth it? Definitely not, the extra shards are worth half a shipment every 2 days, and the extra guild tokens maybe 1 shipment every 2 days, which by no means makes any difference overall as opposed to a full box to 3 of the most productive members of the guild who aren't factored by 0.5 but 1.
  • Options
    evoluza wrote: »
    It's also extremely entertaining when people call me selfish in the forum when my guild doesn't even have a 600 ticket requirement, some people we're lucky if they get 500. Which is another issue that people overlook, some people are assuming everyone gets 600 tickets every day, which simply isn't even true. Loads of players don't get even 500 or 550, and although that's an issue within the guild to be solved by its own members, the reality is that everyone has different reasons for saying stuff that aren't always because they are selfish. And I even mentioned above that I am all for same rewards for all members but definitely not if they are going to pull that from the middle of the pack instead of the top.

They want give everyone same top rewards. That's not how a progression game works and it also decreases the money spend on gear. Clear NO from CG and understandable.
    And yes, people not bringing 600 is your guilds issue. All top guilds have a 600 rule, so all deserve same rewards, even if they register with 0. Try to accomplish raid tickets alone. Takes some time.
    There are many points for equalizing rewards and one for not, thats selfishness.

We already have 2 modes that reward all members with identical rewards even though they depend alo more on individual performance (TB and TW)
  • Options
    Here's some context to the beat horse that people already went over several times:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/198088/rewards-for-raid-simming-data-table

Anyone remembers the topics that were continuously popping that the raid rewards should be same for all members, that's how a guild is supposed to operate in the og rancy and aat release times?

Notice how the post that is opinion free and only records numbers clearly shows that manual is better. The top 20 lose a ton of credits so that the bottom makes a tiny amount more. Same for guild tokens, top lose a ton so that bottom receives less than half a shipment more. The salvage drops are also less almost all across the board and the ONLY area where the whole guild wins is Han shards. Now seriously with 15 shard shop currency per shard you're looking at a maximum half a shipment every 2 days for the bottom which is like 2-3 salvages per 2 days which is less than the flat loss and on top of that the top loses an additional box!

The link which takes you to the article made by "fans", which is filled with opinions and even says that credits aren't useful, which automatically dicredits the entire article. Even attempting to say that the fewer salvages don't matter because the boxes are random. Completely nonsensical and respectfully, foolish arguments that make no sense.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options

Notice how the post that is opinion free and only records numbers clearly shows that manual is better. The top 20 lose a ton of credits so that the bottom makes a tiny amount more. Same for guild tokens, top lose a ton so that bottom receives less than half a shipment more. The salvage drops are also less almost all across the board and the ONLY area where the whole guild wins is Han shards. Now seriously with 15 shard shop currency per shard you're looking at a maximum half a shipment every 2 days for the bottom which is like 2-3 salvages per 2 days which is less than the flat loss and on top of that the top loses an additional box!

The link which takes you to the article made by "fans", which is filled with opinions and even says that credits aren't useful, which automatically dicredits the entire article. Even attempting to say that the fewer salvages don't matter because the boxes are random. Completely nonsensical and respectfully, foolish arguments that make no sense.

Have you checked the total numbers below the chart? I'm an officer in my guild, we did, that's why we unequivocally decided to sim it.
  • Phoenixeon
    1842 posts Member
    Options
    Find a new guild that not simming rancor.
  • Options
    @No_Try dude every time I read that article I want to laugh. Statements like the extra 630,000 credits are a drop in the ocean and even though the entire guild earns less credits as a whole, because the distribution is even it makes it worth? Or gear depends on RNG and therefore it doesn't really matter if you get more because you may not get the desired pieces. So earning less increases the chance of getting desired pieces? That doesn't follow, more gear=higher chance to receive desirable pieces. And then the grande conclusion, the extra shard shop currency makes it all worth!

So explain how half a shipment every 2 days is worth less credits, less guild currency, less gear salvages. I'll wait
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    @No_Try dude every time I read that article I want to laugh. Statements like the extra 630,000 credits are a drop in the ocean and even though the entire guild earns less credits as a whole, because the distribution is even it makes it worth? Or gear depends on RNG and therefore it doesn't really matter if you get more because you may not get the desired pieces. So earning less increases the chance of getting desired pieces? That doesn't follow, more gear=higher chance to receive desirable pieces. And then the grande conclusion, the extra shard shop currency makes it all worth!

So explain how half a shipment every 2 days is worth less credits, less guild currency, less gear salvages. I'll wait

I just asked you a factual question, didn't get an answer. Ok.
  • Options

Have you checked the total numbers below the chart? I'm an officer in my guild, we did, that's why we unequivocally decided to sim it.

50-100k credits and 190 guild coins to your most lazy members out weights,
    100-330k credits and 50-280 tokens to your more productive top 15-10 members. Not to mention a ton of salvages. Yeah bad news it's not worth.

BTW a guild officer I challenge you to start keeping track of your member's contribution to TB and TW and then tell me if the extra little bit of rewards is going to make them all that more productive.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options

100-330k credits and 50-280 tokens to your more productive top 15-10 members. Not to mention a ton of salvages. Yeah bad news it's not worth.

BTW a guild officer I challenge you to start keeping track of your member's contribution to TB and TW and then tell me if the extra little bit of rewards is going to make them all that more productive.

We track every single action of our members on charts. We are completely personal bias-free and rule based. As a result we replace the members accordingly. Anyone who got in are aware of the rule set we apply. And yet, we are semi-casuals. This is sort of a hardcore retirement guild. Our core principles/tenets on what constitutes of success and enjoyment of the game has little to do with your considerations.
  • Options

My friend you didn't give me enough time to answer as I was typing my previous comment still. I did answer to you, the thing is all of these people, and you, forget to factor in the contribution of the individual. All members do not put in the same effort in the team modes and that's just a fact. More gear in the hands of those who contribute less and less gear in the hands of those who contribute more is not going to help the guild even if the numbers say otherwise. Because none of these charts can accurately predict and implement dedication and individual performance. If you're the type of human being who is more productive, and you participate more in team events, you are more likely to make time for a rancor solo. If you are the type who slacks in team events you're more likely not to give a **** for rancor. This is a fact of reality that numbers simply cannot accurately calculate but the smart devs know this because they are humans and they understand how humans work
  • Options
    Democracy? I'm leader of my guild and if I want to do it manually then I will just launch a manual one. That said its 15 mins on auto that I will never get back.
  • Options

We track every single action of our members on charts. We are completely personal bias-free and rule based. As a result we replace the members accordingly. Anyone who got in are aware of the rule set we apply. And yet, we are semi-casuals. This is sort of a hardcore retirement guild. Our core principles/tenets on what constitutes of success and enjoyment of the game has little to do with your considerations.

Well I guess different decisions will work better in different guilds, I respect your decision to sim, however as a tool, it gives power to lazy players while taking it away from those who aren't lazy and thus I consider it oppressive in the wrong hands. Is that fair enough?
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options

My friend you didn't give me enough time to answer as I was typing my previous comment still. I did answer to you, the thing is all of these people, and you, forget to factor in the contribution of the individual. All members do not put in the same effort in the team modes and that's just a fact. More gear in the hands of those who contribute less and less gear in the hands of those who contribute more is not going to help the guild even if the numbers say otherwise. Because none of these charts can accurately predict and implement dedication and individual performance. If you're the type of human being who is more productive, and you participate more in team events, you are more likely to make time for a rancor solo. If you are the type who slacks in team events you're more likely not to give a **** for rancor. This is a fact of reality that numbers simply cannot accurately calculate but the smart devs know this because they are humans and they understand how humans work

Doesn't matter. A vague idea of equivalance of outcomes based on performance is your obsession, not ours. We apply it with the ruleset in a much more loose but eventually definite manner.