Military Might: Assault Battles Moan, Groan, Gloat, Boast thread...

2Next

Replies

• Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    I've managed to get this one pretty consistently on the first try using CLS, Han, Chewie, R2 and Ackbar (all g12). Ackbar isn't really essential, he just happens to be my best rebel after the other four. My C3P0 is still too squishy and poorly modded to bring in, but once he's up and running I imagine he makes it fairly trivial.

The key to the last wave is controlling and burning down Vader - if he drops his AOE/sabertoss combo it tends to spiral out of control fast.

First, remember to have everyone use the event special ability at least once - the buff only lasts a couple turns, but the ability for out-of-turn attacks to call additional assists is permanent and persists through waves. With CLS's lead and Chewie assisting all the time, it will give you loads of extra attacks.

Make sure Chewie's AOE is off cooldown going into the wave for when the RGs taunt, otherwise it'll take too long to burn through them all before Vader gets a turn. Use Shoots First on Vader at the start. Then use CLS with his unique buff (ignores taunt) to keep Speed Down on him and hopefully re-stun him - you can also use Han's first special or Chewie's 2nd special to stun him if the RGs haven't taunted yet, or use those to slow down Thrawn and EP if he's already stunned.

Once Vader's down the rest is easy. The main thing that can send it south is Palp stunning both Han and Luke, or Thrawn fracturing Luke, but it's still recoverable if you play smart.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    Taking CLS, Han, Chewie, R2 means you can have any 5th toon. I took Scarif Rebel Pathfinder. He didn't even die!
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Eric73
    63 posts Member
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    Eric73 wrote: »
    Has anyone done Mythic with Clone Troopers? I used to try it with them (all g11 at the time, now Rex is g12) but had trouble with stage 4 getting rid of the Deathtroopers through the Shoretrooper taunts and crit immunities.

I was able to in about 30 or so tries.
    Key for tier 4 is waiting for both death troopers to throw their grenades and use Rex to dispel healing immunity and waiting for both shore troopers before you use echo. If you get everyone through there tier 5 is were you can everyone back to full health and protection.

Tier 8 is were you need rng on your side.
    I took palp down ASAP while trying to keep Vader stun locked and using Rex and sergeant to keep his tm down. You also have to plan your tenacity up right before Vader uses force crush

nuge0fmbp8wq.png

6gm6sb7l0t10.png

Great job! That's a real feat to have accomplished!
    Eric73 wrote: »
    Has anyone done Mythic with Clone Troopers? I used to try it with them (all g11 at the time, now Rex is g12) but had trouble with stage 4 getting rid of the Deathtroopers through the Shoretrooper taunts and crit immunities.

I was able to in about 30 or so tries.
    Key for tier 4 is waiting for both death troopers to throw their grenades and use Rex to dispel healing immunity and waiting for both shore troopers before you use echo. If you get everyone through there tier 5 is were you can everyone back to full health and protection.

Tier 8 is were you need rng on your side.
    I took palp down ASAP while trying to keep Vader stun locked and using Rex and sergeant to keep his tm down. You also have to plan your tenacity up right before Vader uses force crush

nuge0fmbp8wq.png

6gm6sb7l0t10.png

Great job! That's a real feat to have accomplished!

Thanks! Definitely took a lot of patience and reworking of my strategy. Best part is my rebels can’t even complete the even yet 😅
  • vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    I plan to start farming KRU and spend some crystal in the shard shop in order to increase my shard revenue. Once this is done i farm hard node and cantina battle before payout so i can get enough guild currency to win the next TW. Of course in case Millenium Falcon Event returns, i stop and farm BH ships but that’s just in theory
  • Keydash1
    503 posts Member
    Options
    Jarvind wrote: »
    Once Vader's down the rest is easy. The main thing that can send it south is Palp stunning both Han and Luke, or Thrawn fracturing Luke, but it's still recoverable if you play smart.

I actually go for Thrawn and Palp first. My goal is to prevent Palp from using aoe stun. I shoot first on Thrawn (otherwise he'll give Palp his turn). Then beat down Palp. Once the taunts go up, I use CLS in attack mode to finish Palp, or dispel the taunts (used to use Baze, now use Chewie). As for Vader, I just ignored him and killed him last. When I used Chaze, the Chirrut HoTs kept everyone alive. Now with Chewie/C3PO, I simply win so fast it doesn't matter.
  • Vohbo
    332 posts Member
    Options
    I just put in CLS, Chewie, Han, R2 and 3PO, then put it on auto. They have my 6th best mods or something.
  • Smidday
    134 posts Member
    Options
    I think its harder I could auto most of it the manually do phase 8 with r2 Cls han Akbar and Biggs and get 3 stars and only my Cls and r2 were g12