F2p vs P2P? (Threads merged)

Replies

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    J0K3R wrote: »
    This troll thread should get closed.
    Agreed. And I am f2p.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Lol - I'm a guppy, and fully understand why the idea makes no sense. The whales pay for the advantage they have over the F2P, guppies and even dolphins. To make them all simply face each other is to take away the incentive they have to spend. Sorry, no.
    So the incentive is to torment the little guys by competing in the same server?

Wow whales then must be people with massive insecurity in real life.

Pretty sad situation imo.

The incentive if I was a minnow would be to grief whales but that's just me.
  • Options
    @Annastrasza, you do realize the irony, right? You want the whales on a different server so that you as a P2P can dominate the F2P? Where in you become the whale?
    Where and when did I say I am P2P?

Proof please before you make accusations that I am P2P trying to dominate F2P.
    What's your rank?
    I rank in 300s.

My mistake about you being P2P. I mis-read that part where you said about buying packs like whales.

But since you're not even a P2P, that makes you more of a self-entitled person to expect anyone to finance a free game for you. Why would you even expect that the world is out there to serve your needs?

On your rank, I was asking because I thought you were a P2P. But like it's been proven in the game and on this forum, F2P do make no 1 and are regular in the top 20 of most servers. Maybe, you know, they're just better players than you.

All that being said, you can pick up tips and suggestions from all the helpful guys to try and better your game. I didn't mean to be that harsh in my first post, maybe you don't really know how the whole F2P/P2W synergy works in a free game like this. The most successful IAP games have everything almost equal between paying and free guys. The game is paid for by taking advantage of the whale's desire to have everything now and to have a advantage over others. It usually gives them those advantages while making sure that the F2P still have a fighting chance. You need to spend thousands to get that advantage. It's not a few bucks here or there. If there's no F2P in their servers, where's the advantage?

To sum it up, if your servers are separated from the P2W guys, they will quit too. Leaving nobody to pay for the game. Evil EA is still run by people. They are not going to starve themselves just so you can enjoy a free game. My harsh reply was under the understanding that you do know how IAP works but still expect people to slave for you. In case you didn't, apologies.

Sorry for the long post, am on my PC and nothing else to do right now, lol!
  • Kesiss
    148 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    This thread is so dumb on so many levels.

1. Why would someone pay 1000 dollars to be ranked 1 when they can pay nothing and be ranked 1 on a free server?
    2. Why would people pay 20-200 dollars to be ranked 1000 in a whale server when they pay 0 and be competitive in a free server?
    3. Why would they allocate resources if the idea leads to less revenue?
    4. Why is the poster so arrogant when his idea is egregious and downright, dumb?
    5. Why is this thread not closed?

You should really learn how to play.
  • DV_27
    967 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Agreed. And I am f2p.

+1 to this. Please close this thread
  • Options

Im f2p and dont want what OP says. This thread is just a way to divide ppl and cause controversy

this.
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    Options
    OP, this is probably the most F2P-friendly Freemium game I've ever seen. I'm fully F2P, playing in a November server and hit #1 twice this week, #2 yesterday. In *NO* other Freemium game that pits you against the Whales can this happen. You just need to put in the grind time and play smart/spend resources well. There's no reason to hurt the Whales (and the game economics) just so you can have an easier time.
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • Options
    A healthy debate is a good thing as long as it does not degrade into personal attacks and blame storming.
    :)
  • Options
    I agree with OP.

I'm a whale. It would be more challenging to face other whales instead of the puny F2P and Dolphins.

I'm not scared of a challenge.
  • zophos1
    15 posts Member
    Options
    Rolf wrote: »
    OP, this is probably the most F2P-friendly Freemium game I've ever seen. I'm fully F2P, playing in a November server and hit #1 twice this week, #2 yesterday. In *NO* other Freemium game that pits you against the Whales can this happen. You just need to put in the grind time and play smart/spend resources well. There's no reason to hurt the Whales (and the game economics) just so you can have an easier time.

+1
    I'm F2P and don't even feel like being totally killed by P2P.
    Imop, this game is nearly balance between F2P and P2P except time spent on it.
    Unless you spending like a grand to this game, which in turn make lots of people
    around here have a chance to play a free game.

• Options
    zophos1 wrote: »
    Rolf wrote: »

+1
    I'm F2P and don't even feel like being totally killed by P2P.
    Imop, this game is nearly balance between F2P and P2P except time spent on it.
    Unless you spending like a grand to this game, which in turn make lots of people
    around here have a chance to play a free game.

The average cost that people to play the game is about 5,000 US Dollars. The average forum poster spends about 3500 to 10,000 dolalrs on the game.
  • Options
    DarthCyren wrote: »
    I agree with OP.

I'm a whale. It would be more challenging to face other whales instead of the puny F2P and Dolphins.

You weren't that top 10 guy with the 7* General Grievous that I wiped the floor with yesterday were you?
  • Options
    DarthCyren wrote: »
    I agree with OP.

Finally a real champion appears

• Options
    Completely agree... It became obvious at what time during January the whales started joining my server...
    Made it to top 100 with relative ease, then it became almost impossible to stay in the top 200, and soon after it balanced out and I now see people with similar builds as mine in the 300-400 range: lvl 60 purples with 1-2 7*.
    Anything above 200 is all 7*.
    (The top 20 just recently reached lvl 70)
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Options
    BentWookie wrote: »
    A healthy debate is a good thing as long as it does not degrade into personal attacks and blame storming.

I just question the health of this debate.. In any case, i for one am done feeding this troll :)
    May the force be with you. It shall free you.
  • Options
    DaysOfYore wrote: »
    Um, no. It IS balanced. That is the point. You pay more, you can be "better". That IS balance. And I say this being a F2P.
    Pay to get better = better gets you win against non paying customers = pay to win.

So @DaysOfYore ...I have to assume that you are ok with being mushed by maxed out p2p teams.

@Telaan - think what you must. Whatever floats your boat.

ABSOLUTELY. They spent money, I didn't. Why on earth should we be equal?
  • Options
    There is many reasons why this wouldnt work, as people said, the p2p pay for the advantage, which they would then lose, not to mention, there would have to be brackets of how much you paid, Like for example, I have spent around 80$, I would not stand a chance in a server full of people who have spent hundreds if not thousands :/

Basically they would lose business, and screw the middle class, Hey that kinda sounds like our economy? lol
  • Options

I just question the health of this debate.. In any case, i for one am done feeding this troll :)
    Yah buddy. If you don't agree with someone's point of view...that person is a troll.
  • Options
    Polorkill wrote: »
    , Like for example, I have spent around 80$, I would not stand a chance in a server full of people who have spent hundreds if not thousands :/

You talk about $80.
    What about those you didn't spend any competing with giant whales.

If you an elite whales...compete with another elite whales.
    Unless beating up on little guys makes your ego skyrocket to glory.

• Options
    He'll no.

Total money spent = $27 NZD

In the words of comic book guy, 'worst idea ever'.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Options
    He'll no.

Total money spent = $27 NZD

In the words of comic book guy, 'worst idea ever'.
    $18.30 USD just makes you a cute lil shrimpie.

• Options
    Do not want this idea at all the game Is fine as is I have no problem being squashed by either p2p or f2p coz with time and patience I'll be doing the squashing soon enough B)
  • Irrlicht
    471 posts Member
    Options
    the point is that this idea will cut the amount of paying players 10 or even more times and therefore reduce income from let's say 10milion dollars per week to 1 million. And what for should it be done? This game is awesome, bc f2p players do compete p2p. I'm #30 in Arena and I made a lot of mistakes in my progress (like farming Chewie in Cantina to 7* instead of Geo Soldier) and haven't spent a single dollar into game (even for pretty available Dooku for 5$).
  • Options
    Do not want this idea at all the game Is fine as is I have no problem being squashed by either p2p or f2p coz with time and patience I'll be doing the squashing soon enough B)
    Good for you
  • Options
    Yep B)
  • Options

Yah buddy. If you don't agree with someone's point of view...that person is a troll.

And when you run out of argument what do yo do
  • Options

And when you run out of argument what do yo do
    You stop posting and go to sleep.
  • Options
    Oh okay then nighty night old chap happy trolling B)
  • Options
    Oh okay then nighty night old chap happy trolling B)
    < is a lass :*
  • Options
    Indeed. I'm sure the latest posts reflect the growing intellect of the entire community. This thread is as profound as midichlorians.

Anyway, I disagree with dividing the community between those who pay and who doesn't.
    Ally code: 323-282-152. Member of TNR. The New Rebellion