F2p vs P2P? (Threads merged)

Replies

• Options
    Polorkill wrote: »
    , Like for example, I have spent around 80$, I would not stand a chance in a server full of people who have spent hundreds if not thousands :/

You talk about $80.
    What about those you didn't spend any competing with giant whales.

If you an elite whales...compete with another elite whales.
    Unless beating up on little guys makes your ego skyrocket to glory.

It's already even. Anyone can pay if they so choose.
    Should we have roads for Lamborghinis and roads for sedans so that my feelings don't get hurt when they pass me?
  • Options
    Omnirhyze wrote: »
    BentWookie wrote: »
    A healthy debate is a good thing as long as it does not degrade into personal attacks and blame storming.
    :)
    Indeed. I'm sure the latest posts reflect the growing intellect of the entire community. This thread is as profound as midichlorians.

Anyway, I disagree with dividing the community between those who pay and who doesn't.
    For arenas yah I agree.
    But for GW srsly bro...its brutal for f2p

• Options
    Great idea. I suggest putting people in brackets like F2P ($0), $1-50, $51-100, $101-150 etc ($50 increments). Otherwise it would not work. The $50 players would be shrimps compare to $1000 players, the $1000 players would be shrimps compare to $10000 players. Ideally, it should be 1 server for each $1 increment, but for that you would need 100K servers so not realistic. Upvote!

Becareful when you spend though, i.e a whale in the $1-50 server (i.e spend $50) would be a shrimp in the $51-100 if he spends $1 more.
  • Options
    Omnirhyze wrote: »
    BentWookie wrote: »
    A healthy debate is a good thing as long as it does not degrade into personal attacks and blame storming.
    :)
    Indeed. I'm sure the latest posts reflect the growing intellect of the entire community. This thread is as profound as midichlorians.

Anyway, I disagree with dividing the community between those who pay and who doesn't.
    For arenas yah I agree.
    But for GW srsly bro...its brutal for f2p
    I don't know if this had been said before, but it doesn't take any money to acquire a seven star Sid or Lumi, or a usable Phasma, QGJ, GS, daka, etc, all of which are common enemies in GW. Many of the best toons can be farmed through f2p means. Those who spend real money only buy time, letting them have a head start with their toons. By now, many f2p have caught up, so even if we did divide f2p and p2p, it won't make much, if any, difference.
    Ally code: 323-282-152. Member of TNR. The New Rebellion
  • Options
    Separating P2P from F2P never works. It's the nature of the business, they pay for advantage. I've spent roughly $300 since December; not sure what kind of fish or mammal that makes me, but I assure you whales are needed on these games and your idea of "segregation" didn't work for race in America either.
    Still waiting on that edit forum profile setting so I can change my name...
  • Options
    He'll no.

Total money spent = $27 NZD

In the words of comic book guy, 'worst idea ever'.
    $18.30 USD just makes you a cute lil shrimpie.

Exactly. That's my point. I'm a shrimp and I want to play against whales in the same server.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    It's not balanced when a P2P super max team comes face to face with f2p.
    That's the point. Whales wouldn't whale if they didn't get an advantage. And free players couldn't play if whales didn't whale. It's called symbiosis.

Free players keep pursuing in belief that there is eventually a cap where you can't make one single team any better. Once you get to that point the only advantage whales have is variety.
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    Options
    Aero wrote: »
    It's not balanced when a P2P super max team comes face to face with f2p.
    That's the point. Whales wouldn't whale if they didn't get an advantage. And free players couldn't play if whales didn't whale. It's called symbiosis.
    This is making we envision some freaky Whale/Human hybrid. Whoa.

My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • Options
    I assure you whales are needed on these games and your idea of "segregation" didn't work for race in America either.
    Take a chill pill Mr MLK.

If you want to get wiped every day by a 7* max team in GW...then you are amazing.
  • ARC
    138 posts Member
    Options
    This whole whale thing is getting out of hand.It doesn't matter how people spend their money you should worry about how YOU play the game.The people who pay make a large population of the game why treat them like trash?I understand that paying thousands is overboard but there realy saving themselves a lot of playtime and grind.Im a f2p player and I enjoy the game don't ruin the game for the people that pay
  • Options
    I gotta agree here, all the F2P players treat P2P players like pieces of trash, why?
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    +1
    I have said MANY times its no ones business how/what folks spend their money on. And treating paying players badly (and FTP badly) by the opposite "faction" just makes 0 sense and accomplishes nothing. Its detrimental to the community and game. Both types of players are needed for a game to thrive.

End of story
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options
    It's probably because F2P players are feeling like the company is catering more and more to the whales, making FT2 enjoyment much more difficult. Greeves is a good example of this. He's all but unattainable to anyone that's not a whale and seems like he could make a significant impact.
    They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • Options
    ARC wrote: »
    This whole whale thing is getting out of hand.It doesn't matter how people spend their money you should worry about how YOU play the game.The people who pay make a large population of the game why treat them like trash?I understand that paying thousands is overboard but there realy saving themselves a lot of playtime and grind.Im a f2p player and I enjoy the game don't ruin the game for the people that pay

+1 I'm not a whale but more like a dolphin and I really don't get why we get bashed for spending....After all it is the spenders and supporters that keep EA and devs interested in continued interest in the creativity and life of this game
  • Qleak
    420 posts Member
    Options
    I gotta agree here, all the F2P players treat P2P players like pieces of trash, why?

I hope i haven't treated p2p players like trash. If i have please let me apologize :smile:
  • Options
    What I don't get is all the complaining about players like myself who have spent a fair amount on the game but this many months in and with little to no advantage my peers in the top ranks some are f2p. The slow level cap raising and energy pooling nerf have effectively taken away any edge we have. I might have 50 lvl 70 , 7 star max geared characters but that only makes GW easy .... Show me some huge advantage I have that can't be matched by a f2p team that started 3 months ago like me in arena?
  • Options

I agree completely and i have spent around a hundred dollars. No need to trash other people.
  • Options
    Jealousy
  • Doga
    808 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Sense of entitlement: people who get to enjoy a game for free and gives them possibility to do well without paying but want to complain about those that pay the bills.
  • Options

I genuinely dislike you.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Yudoka wrote: »
    It's probably because F2P players are feeling like the company is catering more and more to the whales, making FT2 enjoyment much more difficult. Greeves is a good example of this. He's all but unattainable to anyone that's not a whale and seems like he could make a significant impact.

He is not unattainable. If you are not willing to spend money he will just take a long time. Yes longer than any other but if you spend money to get him it costs more than any other.

The only thing spending money in this game gets you is reduced time to get stuff that is it. There is currently nothing in the game P2P exclusive. That is almost unheard of in a Freemium game.
  • Darthtater
    90 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options
    scuba wrote: »

He is not unattainable. If you are not willing to spend money he will just take a long time. Yes longer than any other but if you spend money to get him it costs more than any other.

The only thing spending money in this game gets you is reduced time to get stuff that is it. There is currently nothing in the game P2P exclusive. That is almost unheard of in a Freemium game.

True, and that's a great thing, but time is a factor. And F2P player will never be able to max out Greeves before the level cap expends. That is until the game is no longer supported. That's actually true for many characters at the moment (pretty much any of the guys that currently only have one node to farm).

I personally don't care P2P players have a time advantage; I'm enjoying the game a fair amount. I just honestly find it obscene when players spend thousands and then complain that they've run out of content. The game isn't meant to be catered to players with bottomless wallets. If it were, we'd be at level 200 and 12 stars by now and F2P and small payers would be left way in the dust.
    They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • Options

True, and that's a great thing, but time is a factor. And F2P player will never be able to max out Greeves before the level cap expends. That is until the game is no longer supported. That's actually true for many characters at the moment (pretty much any of the guys that currently only have one node to farm).

I personally don't care P2P players have a time advantage; I'm enjoying the game a fair amount. I just honestly find it obscene when players spend thousands and then complain that they've run out of content. The game isn't meant to be catered to players with bottomless wallets. If it were, we'd be at level 200 and 12 stars by now and F2P and small payers would be left way in the dust.

The problem is the guys with the fat wallets want to have this terrible super advantage over everyone and get to rub their money ni peoples faces.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    I just honestly find it obscene when players spend thousands and then complain that they've run out of content.

That I can understand and agree P2P has to realize when you pay to speed up your progress that is what it does.
  • Options

As if when someone pops out and says I have 26 characters at 7 star, max gear, lvl 70 and started playing a month ago that the rest of us don't know that guy has spent more then we make in a month on the game... how is that SUPPOSED to make people earing a modest wage feel?
  • Options
    I assure you whales are needed on these games and your idea of "segregation" didn't work for race in America either.
    Take a chill pill Mr MLK.

If you want to get wiped every day by a 7* max team in GW...then you are amazing.

Every single F2P player is capable of '7* max teams'.

I actually like facing chromium only heroes. It brings some variety to a very boring cookie cutter game mode. The reason it is boring is because of F2P players actually.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options
    DarthCyren wrote: »

As if when someone pops out and says I have 26 characters at 7 star, max gear, lvl 70 and started playing a month ago that the rest of us don't know that guy has spent more then we make in a month on the game... how is that SUPPOSED to make people earing a modest wage feel?

It doesn't make me feel bad when I see that. It only makes me somewhat angry when that same person then complains the game needs more content (as in higher cap on levels and characters) to keep up with their huge spending. It's like, "Slow down, buddy. I'm still trying to get mine out of the shrink warp along with most everyone else".
  • Options
    I believe we should put a yellow star with a stack of money on it logo, onto the shoulders of all whales and herd them into their own special play areas.
  • Options
    I've spent $4 on this game. From google survey cash. There are 0 problems with arena and galactic wars can easily be completed when you take the time to level up. I Started a few hours after the game was made available to everyone so I'm on a mature server. I do not want separate servers idea to be entertained at all by anyone with any authority.