"I assure you, Lord Vader...you will be betrayed"

Prev1
Greetings,

I have read the news about the Sith Assasin refund. Here are my thoughts about it:
+Refund the gear (okay works)
- no refund of omegas
- no refund crystals for fast gear obtain (used real world money)
- no refund of credits
- no refund of ship mats / skills / credits
- higher GA score now for a not working character, thanks to your main dev advise

You guys need a real quality control, lots of new content and someone able to communicate properly with your customers.

I am a paying customer and I feel not happy the way the game is moving since end of 2018.

Replies

  • Fast answer - I gear a pilot till g12, than I also use his ship! Ships anyways produce instantly 30k GP for just sitting around at lvl1 or 40k+ gp if you gear them fully up
  • evoluza
    1790 posts Member
    Maybe read again...
    He did get specific. Just preparing the update and refunds.
    I am sure you get ship stuff back, because you couldn't even upgrade the ability with g1 sa.
    Wait and see, then you can complain
  • Just interesting how they plan to refund the stars?

    And the more important the trust in them.
  • Sith assassin is still a very good character... Just not against Malak. Still perfectly viable for GA and TW.
  • Sith assassin = 18k
    Sith fighter = 45k
    Total = 63k GP or about same as Cls chewie and Rhan (together)

    I know you can combine it with a zmaul or just fill a spot in traya team (mostly not needed)

    I am certainly not sure its such a hot deal (Sith ships are no meta and I have got two decent lineups).
  • Nauros
    2440 posts Member
    Well, you didn't put the ability mats into Sith Fighter based on misleading recommendations, so there is no reason to refund them unless they have to subtract some upgrades along with the "ungearing" of SAss.
    And yeah, the way ship GP is calculated is pretty bad for GA, but that's a different can of worms entirely...
    Revive the stores, the game needs it.
  • Lets not forget this is not a subscription type game for 10 Euros per month. They are a company and sell their products for real world money (i have bought ship stuff for real world money). The question is here would I have geared the Sith Fighter without the Sith Assassin - I highly doubt it. The whole situation is very uncomfortable.
  • evoluza
    1790 posts Member
    XKurareX wrote: »
    Lets not forget this is not a subscription type game for 10 Euros per month. They are a company and sell their products for real world money (i have bought ship stuff for real world money). The question is here would I have geared the Sith Fighter without the Sith Assassin - I highly doubt it. The whole situation is very uncomfortable.

    Managing resources.. Don't spend your stuff on useless ships.. That's probably your problem, not their's.
  • evoluza wrote: »
    XKurareX wrote: »
    Lets not forget this is not a subscription type game for 10 Euros per month. They are a company and sell their products for real world money (i have bought ship stuff for real world money). The question is here would I have geared the Sith Fighter without the Sith Assassin - I highly doubt it. The whole situation is very uncomfortable.

    Managing resources.. Don't spend your stuff on useless ships.. That's probably your problem, not their's.

    I’m inclined to agree ^^.
    For so long I swore ship content was coming and I caught myself doing it again while sweating to get sith ships to 5* and I’m like shipcontent never comes lol sorry @Dk_rek
  • leef wrote: »
    i also want to be reimbursed for the time spend equiping the gear. I make two thousand bucks an hour as a high profile corporate laywer, spend atleast 1 minute gear, so i'll be looking forward to recieving 33 dollars. I'm fine with $33 worth of crystals send to my inbox awell.
    Thanks in advance.

    You’re being generous by not billing for the time spent asking for the additional refund, the time to collect the refunded gear in your inbox and then the time apply the gear elsewhere.

    Also no punitive damages for the pain and suffering?

    I gues corporate lawyers got nothin’ on the average forum member.
  • leef
    12284 posts Member
    kello_511 wrote: »
    leef wrote: »
    i also want to be reimbursed for the time spend equiping the gear. I make two thousand bucks an hour as a high profile corporate laywer, spend atleast 1 minute gear, so i'll be looking forward to recieving 33 dollars. I'm fine with $33 worth of crystals send to my inbox awell.
    Thanks in advance.

    You’re being generous by not billing for the time spent asking for the additional refund, the time to collect the refunded gear in your inbox and then the time apply the gear elsewhere.

    Also no punitive damages for the pain and suffering?

    I gues corporate lawyers got nothin’ on the average forum member.

    in hindsight, pretending to be a corporate lawyer was a bad choice, haha.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • What has your job and your free time / product have together?

    If you buy a mobile phone and its broken...than you get either money back or a new/fixed one. Your job is of non interest. Its about principe to get stuff fixed for what a person paid.

    I do not remember I have told I invested in the Sith fighter directly. The one time I invested in ships gave me 3 months top1 without ever dropping. I enjoyed my PO wherever I gone, while not even logging in the postbox next morning. So it gave me freedom - had been best investment in this game so far surely.

    BTW who doesn't pay any cent for this game should not comment, as its like a illegal video watch user complaining about the movie being bad. But I guess some jokes and dreamed salary are the way to go entertain the ego.

    Matter here is about a product which does not work as intended. Be it virtual or real, it got sold and changed/influeced in negative directly afterwards (think about it like an iPad with a virus, which you sell and 2 days afterwards you cant connect it anymore to your other new devices, but only with your old junk you do not want to use anymore).
  • BubbaFett
    1998 posts Member
    XKurareX wrote: »
    What has your job and your free time / product have together?

    If you buy a mobile phone and its broken...than you get either money back or a new/fixed one. Your job is of non interest. Its about principe to get stuff fixed for what a person paid.

    I do not remember I have told I invested in the Sith fighter directly. The one time I invested in ships gave me 3 months top1 without ever dropping. I enjoyed my PO wherever I gone, while not even logging in the postbox next morning. So it gave me freedom - had been best investment in this game so far surely.

    BTW who doesn't pay any cent for this game should not comment, as its like a illegal video watch user complaining about the movie being bad. But I guess some jokes and dreamed salary are the way to go entertain the ego.

    Matter here is about a product which does not work as intended. Be it virtual or real, it got sold and changed/influeced in negative directly afterwards (think about it like an iPad with a virus, which you sell and 2 days afterwards you cant connect it anymore to your other new devices, but only with your old junk you do not want to use anymore).

    Master Yoda is that you?..... Also, wut?
  • Bla bla bla... money first... bla bla bla... anything else dont matter bla bla bla
  • leef
    12284 posts Member
    I would somewhat agree with you (i think, i'm not entirely sure what point you're trying to make in that last comment), if it wasn't for the fact that you ARE getting a refund. According to the ToS you agreed with when installing this game, they didn't even need to give you that refund, yet you're asking for your fleet materials back? i mean, come on my guy. Be realistic.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • The upcoming nerf has absolutely nothing to do with her ship, so if you put mats on her ship, the reason for doing so hasn't changed. Why would you expect a refund there? If your argument is that you spent the mats on her ship because you took the time to gear her, that's still on you, and her ship (as far as I know) isn't changing in viability or function. But I like free stuff too.
  • Apparently its not about those money at all I am bothered. Its about the fact they have this attitude of "hey take the gear back and we are fine" works. Because real refunds for a paid product work different - its not like you get a working part back for the full price.

    But my real concern is their lack of real testing and bringing/changing non stop for a paid product. And in the end I feel not like I got something new and shiny, but I paid for a faked Gucci bag the full sum.

    Possible easy fixes:
    +Ferocity debuff stacks do not count for anyone to generate TM or are divided by 5 (stats increased by 5)
    +Make Anakin require 5 Galactic Republic to activate his special
    +Make Darth Revan Sith take reduced damage from Jedis for example
    ...just some fast toughts about the non tested last updated stuff
  • leef wrote: »
    I would somewhat agree with you (i think, i'm not entirely sure what point you're trying to make in that last comment), if it wasn't for the fact that you ARE getting a refund. According to the ToS you agreed with when installing this game, they didn't even need to give you that refund, yet you're asking for your fleet materials back? i mean, come on my guy. Be realistic.

    Terms of service only go so far. bait and switch is against the law, which trumps terms of service , so cg better fix it right
  • Nikoms565
    10487 posts Member
    leef wrote: »
    I would somewhat agree with you (i think, i'm not entirely sure what point you're trying to make in that last comment), if it wasn't for the fact that you ARE getting a refund. According to the ToS you agreed with when installing this game, they didn't even need to give you that refund, yet you're asking for your fleet materials back? i mean, come on my guy. Be realistic.

    Terms of service only go so far. bait and switch is against the law, which trumps terms of service , so cg better fix it right

    Fair point.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

    In game guild: DeathStarVentDesigners - DVD for short.
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Gair
    317 posts Member
    Nauros wrote: »
    Pardon my ignorance, but how do ship mats fit into the picture? There has been no announcement concerning Sith ships whatsoever.

    This
  • GunnerFCm wrote: »
    The upcoming nerf has absolutely nothing to do with her ship, so if you put mats on her ship, the reason for doing so hasn't changed. Why would you expect a refund there? If your argument is that you spent the mats on her ship because you took the time to gear her, that's still on you, and her ship (as far as I know) isn't changing in viability or function. But I like free stuff too.

    The issue with the ship mats is that some of them are contingent on gear level. The devs need to make a decision about whether they roll back the ship to match and refund the ship omegas or just leave people with a low gear Sith Assassin but a Sith Fighter that has G11 abilities unlocked.

    This is more of an issue for people who are actually happy with their G11/G12 Assassin and Sith Fighter. Why should they lose ship omegas because other people complained?
  • leef
    12284 posts Member
    leef wrote: »
    I would somewhat agree with you (i think, i'm not entirely sure what point you're trying to make in that last comment), if it wasn't for the fact that you ARE getting a refund. According to the ToS you agreed with when installing this game, they didn't even need to give you that refund, yet you're asking for your fleet materials back? i mean, come on my guy. Be realistic.

    Terms of service only go so far. bait and switch is against the law, which trumps terms of service , so cg better fix it right

    haha, are you even serious?
    Technically she didn't even get nerfed, the refund is a good will gesture. Get real.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • The issue isn’t over which one character is nerfed. The issue is the micromanaging and poor testing procedures of CG. They will not allow any new toon since JKR to be beaten by older or F2P teams.

    After months of mirror matches with JKR you’d think that there would be some relief with the input from the community saying how they desire a true paper scissors rock arena. Diversity. Difference. However CG won’t allow it. They want to see the immediate profit rather than long term investments by the players willing to spend more over time than in bundles. It’s honestly poor business and awful customer service. First Sith Assassin, then EP Sith teams agains Malak (no bonus TM), and now JKA with JKR teams. As soon as another comp comes about I’m sure that one will be “touched up” too.

    TLDR: Unless you pay bundles of cash, you can’t compete in this game. CG won’t allow a true paper scissors rock unless there’s money to be made immediately. Quite sad.
  • BeralCator wrote: »
    The issue with the ship mats is that some of them are contingent on gear level. The devs need to make a decision about whether they roll back the ship to match and refund the ship omegas or just leave people with a low gear Sith Assassin but a Sith Fighter that has G11 abilities unlocked.

    This is where my concern is; I geared Sith Assasin to gear 12 and will be getting her gear refunded back to gear 8, based on the announcement and the timeline that I geared her. I leveled her ship ability to max because I had her at gear 12, and why not max the ship ability to see if it performs better? I want to know if the ship ability will remain at it's current level and usable despite not meeting the prerequisites, or if the ship ability is going to be reverted as well and the materials refunded. I don't care which direction it goes, as long as it's one of those options - I'm concerned that if it is overlooked, it will cause issues with my game play as an unintended bug.

    Please note - I think they're being exceedingly generous refunding the gear for Sith Assassin the way that they are, but I also don't plan on re-gearing her now that I have a clearer understanding of where she fits.
  • I don't even get why they refunded anything. Sith Assassin hasn't changed one bit. But then again, I didn't think they needed to refund Daka's zeta either. GMY lead was even debatable, but ok. Finn and HK were absolute no brainers (also happened to be the only one they hummed and hawed over actually doing, at least in the case of Finn).
  • YKMisfit wrote: »
    I don't even get why they refunded anything. Sith Assassin hasn't changed one bit. But then again, I didn't think they needed to refund Daka's zeta either. GMY lead was even debatable, but ok. Finn and HK were absolute no brainers (also happened to be the only one they hummed and hawed over actually doing, at least in the case of Finn).

    Refunding gear for Sith Assassin for those who geared her to be used under DR is just definitely a no brainer as well. Personally I still think she is one of the best sith under a Zaul lead but she shouldn't have been touched at all in the botched EP fix.
  • evoluza wrote: »
    XKurareX wrote: »
    Lets not forget this is not a subscription type game for 10 Euros per month. They are a company and sell their products for real world money (i have bought ship stuff for real world money). The question is here would I have geared the Sith Fighter without the Sith Assassin - I highly doubt it. The whole situation is very uncomfortable.

    Managing resources.. Don't spend your stuff on useless ships.. That's probably your problem, not their's.

    I’m inclined to agree ^^.
    For so long I swore ship content was coming and I caught myself doing it again while sweating to get sith ships to 5* and I’m like shipcontent never comes lol sorry @Dk_rek

    ya know coming in 1st in fleets is easier than in squad arena. 400 crystals a day is not useless
  • Vinny_Vader_Vedi
    4000 posts Member
    edited April 21
    evoluza wrote: »
    XKurareX wrote: »
    Lets not forget this is not a subscription type game for 10 Euros per month. They are a company and sell their products for real world money (i have bought ship stuff for real world money). The question is here would I have geared the Sith Fighter without the Sith Assassin - I highly doubt it. The whole situation is very uncomfortable.

    Managing resources.. Don't spend your stuff on useless ships.. That's probably your problem, not their's.

    I’m inclined to agree ^^.
    For so long I swore ship content was coming and I caught myself doing it again while sweating to get sith ships to 5* and I’m like shipcontent never comes lol sorry @Dk_rek

    ya know coming in 1st in fleets is easier than in squad arena. 400 crystals a day is not useless

    For sure I’ll g12 akbar after Drevan and co.

    And Dk wants like a ship gw or raid
Sign In or Register to comment.