What keeps you playing?

Replies

• JasFonz
    317 posts Member
    Options
    My arena shard chat group on discord by far is the reason I’m still playing. Having a laugh with them, theorycrafting, fighting each other, all types of shenanigans that one can experience in a MMO.

Belonging to a group of addicts trying to convince each other we aren’t addicted and that Star Wars is the real reason we play this game.

Given the past few weeks, we’ve been asking ourselves this question every day. Just why are we paying this game? (Opps I meant playing)
  • Options
    Not much. Arena is a chore, GA is a pain, EA are constantly making the game worse and less enjoyable. Their money grabbing strategy is terrible. They dont deserve players, sorry I mean customers.
  • Options
    Hey CG. If you dont move you gonna kill the game. So hurry up and do something. We need new raid

Remember the last raid? The sith raid. You couldnt use any old toons that you had worked on for ages. You had to get new toons. Phase 3 is still the most frustrating, worst, least enjoyable phase of any raid I ever played in any game.

So I dread a new raid. It could be the final straw that breaks the camels back and makes me quit.
  • Options
    It beats actually doing my job and my wife would think some sort of weird medical miracle occurred that stopped me needing all these bathroom breaks around payout time.

Don't think she could handle the truth
  • Options
    "To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women." Conan
  • Options
    I'm back from like a 2 year hiatus. Been playing since count dooku was meta. But chilled for 2 yrs. I guess since the last Jedi. I don't feel I missed much.
  • Options
    I don't want all of these years of my time to be a waste for nothing. I have 4.7 mil gp thats a lot of my time.
    ~Wood-out~
  • Options
    The time comitment my guild. At 3.7mil gp and playing 3.5 yrs now
  • Options
    A lot of things keep me playing but I’m about to stop because of all this **** crashing, stop the crashing of my game I’m trying to play my game it crashes all the **** time
  • Options
    Grand Arena ... best game mode of all!

And guild activities. I'm in a great guild with a somewhat competitive attitude without needing to whale, and we still have stuff to achieve and work on.
  • Options
    Knowing it's just a game and my love for Star Wars

I'm not pushed if I dont have meta.
    I enjoy guild events, GA and legendary events when I'm capable of beating them lol
  • Options
    Came for the game, stayed for the forums. Drama, vitriol and burning pitchforks oh my!
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Options
    Trying to find motivation to keep going, but it's getting harder and harder each passing day. I've spent a fair amount on the game, but consider that a sunk cost at this point. Just curious where your own interest/motivation comes from.

You should check out this pulitzer winning thread on saving the Rec center. That should keep you going.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/199186/a-legendary-event-to-save-the-rec-center#latest
  • Options
    My guild for sure! if not for them I probably would have pout it down a few months ago.
  • Options
    Why I still play:

1. Play SWGOH
    2. ?
    3. Profit!
  • Options
    I enjoy it.

Even more so now I'm never going to spend another penny on it :)

• Options
    I uninstalled the game, but I keep enyoing the forums.
  • Gavsta
    201 posts Member
    Options
    The community & my guild... and enjoying GA without caring if I win or lose has made the game more fun for me.
  • Options
    Posts like yours. Where the answer of each person has zero effect on anything at all.
  • Options
    Game keeps crashing
  • miketo
    139 posts Member
    Options
    I get excited when my guild launches HSTR. Love grand arena.

Enjoy the grind. Setting goals and achieving them gives great satisfaction.

The recent debacles haven't affected me as I only ever unlock legendary and hero journey characters on the second pass. I never paid much attention to arena, was happy breaking top 200. Now though, with JKR I can crack top 50 if I have time at payout. Honestly though, arena is the 'eating my veggies' part of the game. Ship arena on the other hand is awesome.
  • Options
    The only thing that keeps me going is the uplifting and positive messages I read on these forums every day.
  • DadKev
    314 posts Member
    Options
    I love the content and battles. Its fun to put together a team that finally solos raids and does well on TB.
  • Smidday
    134 posts Member
    Options
    Tbh KOTOR has put me off this game, I don’t really relate to the characters because I never played the game, they’re so tedious to farm and have dominated the game too long. At first I thought they would be cool and a nice change.

I’m tanking in arena and just gave up now I just auto arena most of the time because it’s boring.

HSTR is also becoming tedious, our guild can complete it but there’s no fun in it if you can’t hit high scores.
  • Options
    Im passionately waiting for the release of 7dot mods and g13.
  • Options
    Padmé :smile:
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • Options
    Guild and arena chat groups. Basically the things CG can't screw up (at least directly). And the hope that some day it will get back on track.

hope dies last :D
  • Options
    Trying to find motivation to keep going, but it's getting harder and harder each passing day. I've spent a fair amount on the game, but consider that a sunk cost at this point. Just curious where your own interest/motivation comes from.

Masochism.