Nice Anakin Nerf

Replies

• Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    Probably going to be more useful under Padme going forward anyway. Revan already has a very strong group of Jedi for his team. This is when I think the community is overreacting.
  • Options
    Padme, GK, Snips, Anikin and Threepio doesn’t sound like a crap team to me.
    It’s probably going wreck things quite well.
    Let’s see how it plays out.
    Besides, they had to do it. He would have been too powerful, crying would ensue, and they’d have to nerf him anyway (again, also causing crying).

I really think they were trying to be proactive with this one.

I can’t believe I just defended them. :neutral:
  • Mirotic
    51 posts Member
    Options
    Lied about not nerfing anakin, lied about reducing gear bottleneck, lied about wanting a diverse meta. Are you lobbying for a White House gig?

I wonder if CG is competant enough to find this thread, or manipulative enough to try to explain their way out of the fact that they have been flat lieing to us on just about every front lately.
  • Options
    Now I'd like to have all 5 of the post 12 pieces that I put on him back please
  • Jabba
    1033 posts Member
    Options
    More lies and deception we were told JKA was tested and wasn’t going to be touched .
  • Options
    The only bonus power (That makes Anaakin waaaay too op....) is that Padme can assist. So why not just have it say if Padme is in the leader role, she assists on Anakin's bonus turns. That took about 15 seconds to think of. This is clearly just a nerf, in every way shape and form. Your word needs to be worth something. I hope ya realize that before it's too late. Honestly, it probably is already too late. There is absolutely incentive to play, as if you don't have the newest meta, and you spend your time on people that have a 50/50 chance of working for 1 percent of the community (as stated by you) that is apparently too much to be left alone. It's sad because they have demonstrated that if you spend your time working on something, and then it actually works. They will nerf it ASAP, call it a buff, or say now it's working as intended. (aka not working at all) You will get alot further just being honest rather than lying.
  • DaarthBrewer
    1961 posts Member
    Options
    The nerfing will continue until morale improves! Scruffy nerf herders!
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • DocDoom
    532 posts Member
    Options
    Another day, another reversal of previous promises. of course, one could call it a lie, but that would just be downright cynical now wouldn't it...
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Jabba wrote: »
    More lies and deception we were told JKA was tested and wasn’t going to be touched .

h9ia8p1deq51.gif

That said, as i said back when anakin was beating revan/malak, this was going to be "fixed"
  • DaarthBrewer
    1961 posts Member
    Options
    He blew away Darth Revan, so...NERF ... welcome to open Alpha Testing.

Yet another reason #freetoplayistheonlyway

https://cdn-images-1.medium.com/max/1000/1*sGp5brbZcJ7ErsnTbaEQJQ.png
  • Mirotic
    51 posts Member
    Options
    I have an idea. someone should make a master list of lies that cg has made and post it on reddit. not me tho. I'm too lazy 😎
  • Options
    This game is gonna get really boring if they keep nerfing theory crafting
  • Options
    It’s not just the same game I started out playing 3.5 years ago. I’m done
  • Lichbane
    222 posts Member
    Options
    Well, that’s anakin back on the garbage pile.
    Where are the Stun Guns?
  • Jabba
    1033 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Introduction of DR and Malak and there change in behavior protecting new toons clearly has changed this game. Every other meta change had a soft counter it’s actually needed to play TW and effects there bottom line as well . TW is all
    About using your entire roster not just Dr and Malak. Now with no soft counters since they effectively nerfed everything that scratches there Butts there’s absolutely no reason to gear anything other than DR Malak. Rip TW how about a gear refund of every squad we have geared just for TW.
  • DaarthBrewer
    1961 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    [Removed, let's leave out the political references shall we please? ~Rtas] they haven't made 10k yet..
    Post edited by EA_Rtas on
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »
    Wow, they buried that one in a subforum while having everyone looking at the shiny objects in the dev announcements, haha.

It was also mentioned in Carrie's announcement:

"Based on our findings, he is going to be even more powerful with Padmé, so we have restricted some of Anakin’s power to work only with Galactic Republic characters. You can read these specifics with his updated kit reveal which we’ll post shortly."

I'll translate that quote for everyone:

"Based on the need for more money, we've decided to nerf JKA - but you can get the same production out of him you are now, if you spring for the newest flavor of the month - PADMÉ!!"
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »
    Wow, they buried that one in a subforum while having everyone looking at the shiny objects in the dev announcements, haha.

It was also mentioned in Carrie's announcement:

"Based on our findings, he is going to be even more powerful with Padmé, so we have restricted some of Anakin’s power to work only with Galactic Republic characters. You can read these specifics with his updated kit reveal which we’ll post shortly."

I'll translate that quote for everyone:

"Based on the need for more money, we've decided to nerf JKA - but you can get the same production out of him you are now, if you spring for the newest flavor of the month - PADMÉ!!"

Probably a better name would be PAYME ALLYADOLLA
  • Options
    Shaddes wrote: »
    Carrie herself is ruining this game, tired of seeing her backasswards posts. They should seriously consider promoting her to a position where she has 0 contact with the player base ..

She’s the worst
  • DaarthBrewer
    1961 posts Member
    Options
    Hey. I like hearing from her in the parking lot. At Starbucks.
  • Options
    Carrie is definitely starting to disappoint me. She used to care about the game before, now I think she's just being pressured to make money before the closing of the game from the people above, and she's losing her ability to care about the game.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Zalastro wrote: »
    Interesting logic; under Padme he is now getting too powerful. Let's nerf him for all teams without her!

This. Exactly this.
  • Options
    I have hoped that they restrict the nerf to Galatic Empire and Jedi. To the two factions JNA was loyal to and that cared about. Since they said that the META impact was not bad at all... I dont understand that they do everything to prevent creativity and versatility in the game. Shame!
  • plindboe
    281 posts Member
    Options
    Well, he'll be nerfed under JKR but he'll be stronger with Padmé, so simply calling it a nerf is to ignore half the picture. He'll likely become more important in the arena than he currently is, just in different team combos.
  • Options
    It has been beautiful to be competitive again in Arena thanks to Anakin....
    I was able to stay almost daily in the top 5 - top 10 with my Jedi Revan team.... now this is at the end :(
    Not a single euro/dollar must be spent in this game by normal people (the insane millionaires can continue with their habits if they like).
    Do what we can, reach the goals that we can.. and try to still have fun because this is a game....
    Problem solved :/
  • Options
    In the last post about anakin they said they were still looking at changing it just to interact with galactic republic. It isn't their fault that you didn't pay attention to the post.
  • BucMan55
    246 posts Member
    Options
    Should have read deal 50% more damage, doubled if whole squad is GR. Simple, and doesn't nerf what he was before the rework in the first place.
  • Calbion
    140 posts Member
    Options
    The meta always evolves, JKA will likely be even more powerful under Padme than he currently is under JKR. Thematically it makes sense, elements of the community have wanted Padme and synergy between the two for a long time. Get Padme and you’ll still be competitive, likely even more so against the Darth Revan/Malak teams.
  • Mirotic
    51 posts Member
    Options
    Calbion wrote: »
    The meta always evolves, JKA will likely be even more powerful under Padme than he currently is under JKR. Thematically it makes sense, elements of the community have wanted Padme and synergy between the two for a long time. Get Padme and you’ll still be competitive, likely even more so against the Darth Revan/Malak teams.

your ignorance is fascinating