So the talk about the new gear was a lie?

13Next

Replies

• Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options
    Obi1_son wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Fahrius wrote: »
    cg lying? unbelievable...
    They don’t actually lie as often as people claim they do. The only other time they came close to lying was pinning the blame of community style TW on us.

You could argue part of the community that didn’t have JKR and were complaining that TW sucks against a wall of JKR wanted him banned so it wasn’t a lie from a certain point view

except instead of banning one or two major toons that the community asked for they went too far and banned over 30 toons

Over here there is no excuse, from what I can tell

Not true... they removed a very useful piece of gear from tank rewards claiming it was useless and players no longer needed it.
    Back then a large number of people wanted that useful piece gone. I know @John_Matrix1985 kept bringing up to keep that gear piece and was regularly opposed by a lot of members in the forum from keeping that piece of gear and a lot of ridicule to whoever suggested to keeping it, such as, "if you never buy it in shipments you will never run into this" and "whale only problems I have 2k of this -- the real problem is the other one"

CG never said those pieces was useless and no longer needed but only that they removed challenge gear because that is what the community requested. I don't blame CG for that one at all, rather the community needs to request that we need that gear piece again but not the other two challenge gear
  • Lichbane
    222 posts Member
    Options
    The new gear, and extreme lack of access to it, puts me off bothering trying to get the new characters. Spend months building teams to get a new character, that you then need to spend months / years trying to gear up... fun.
    Where are the Stun Guns?
  • Options
    They don’t actually lie as often as people claim they do. The only other time they came close to lying was pinning the blame of community style TW on us.

You could argue part of the community that didn’t have JKR and were complaining that TW sucks against a wall of JKR wanted him banned so it wasn’t a lie from a certain point view

except instead of banning one or two major toons that the community asked for they went too far and banned over 30 toons

Not true... they removed a very useful piece of gear from tank rewards claiming it was useless and players no longer needed it.
    Back then a large number of people wanted that useful piece gone. I know @John_Matrix1985 kept bringing up to keep that gear piece and was regularly opposed by a lot of members in the forum from keeping that piece of gear and a lot of ridicule to whoever suggested to keeping it, such as, "if you never buy it in shipments you will never run into this" and "whale only problems I have 2k of this -- the real problem is the other one"

CG never said those pieces was useless and no longer needed but only that they removed challenge gear because that is what the community requested. I don't blame CG for that one at all, rather the community needs to request that we need that gear piece again but not the other two challenge gear

I have said it lots of times that this old gear should be popped in $4.99 'care packages'

Even non spenders would pay $4.99 for a pack of 500 carbanti/500 stun gun/500 of the golden eyeballs etc.

Even top grossing games like Candy Crush and 8-Ball pool have those bargain basement sales.

Could even raise the ticket cap to 900 per person so more raids could be run. Lots of options to ease the pain.

• Options
    Whether Padme is OP or not I haven't touched my Separatists... My B1 and Droideka are 3* lvl 1. Decent ones are Dooku and Assaj. I will catch this event when it comes back. I am not going to be bothered if I cannot unlock at 5* either.
  • KalHorn
    102 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Stop reacting with the Sith Code (there is no peace, only passion) and trust the wisdom of the Jedi (patience my young padawan).

Like anything in this game you have to wait a while for it to be more F2P/easily accessible. CG does follow through in the long run even if short term communication may seem to go against that.

The new piece will be easier to get with time and will reduce some of the bottlenecks. Stop hating on @CG_Carrie .

The recent communications and plan outlined by the CG folks has restored my faith in them and the health of the game. Keep up the good work!
  • CoastalJames
    2971 posts Member
    Options
    Leytuhas wrote: »
    It's pretty well established that CG, as a company, is a short-sighted liar. Why would you trust them when they say something is for your own good?

Yeah this really...it's cool - they make a fun game, but they're greedy and deceitful. As long as I don't spend a penny with them the relationship is just fine.

• Reyalp
    738 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    This is exactly the same way they phased g12 in to the game. Don't be surprised if the Title update on 27th May brings g13.

As someone mentioned above, this stuff and the new purple stuff will drop from Geo TB
  • Stokat
    829 posts Member
    Options
    They have already stated that the gear list was wrong and that it will be adjusted, why continue raging about them lying instead of waiting a day to see how the actual gear list will look like?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    I'm not surprised, but why say stuff like this instead of saying nothing at all? Just put the new gear out, and everyone knows it's done to make money. Fine, they need to make money or the game dies, so it's fine. But then to come out and say it's done to make things easier on us, when it's not? And it's super easy to point to the fact that it's not? Why do that? What purpose does that serve?

I don't get it.

i could see it having a beneficial effect tbh.
    It softens the initial blow by stating it's not as bad as all that because we plan on the new gear alleviating the excisting bottlenecks.
    Once it turns out it doesn't necessarily alleviate the excisting bottlenecks as much as hoped for we're already committed, so acceptance becomes easier than it would have been if they didnt soften the initial blow. Atleast on a subconcious level, i think...
    On a side note, as a long term forum dweller, i don't put much stock in the PR talk. I judge their actions and see if i can come to terms with them, which i usually can by simply adjusting my expectations. It was pretty clear to me that the new gear was going to suck for a while, making it significantly harder to gear new toons and after a while the new gear becomes more accessible. Back to the status quo with slightly harder to gear characters. It was never going to be made easier. Thier possitive spin on the new gear was just that, a possitive spin used to soften the blow. That's how i see it anyway.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    So the talk about the new gear was a lie?

CAW harder!

ksl0pvv134dy.jpeg
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Options
    CG_Erik wrote: »
    Hey all, we've found an issue with Padmé's gear and the team will address tomorrow! Stay tuned.

“We’ve found an issue” is the CGist thing you could’ve said. 😂😂😂
    Ooba hutar.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    CG_Erik wrote: »
    Hey all, we've found an issue with Padmé's gear and the team will address tomorrow! Stay tuned.

Lol. But "thousands of hours"...

Let me guess - you didn't include enough Kyrotech in her kit? She's going to need 50 more...

:D

This game is becoming a joke - and a bad one at that.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Did they specify what "issue" they found with Padme's gear? The only issue I can think of is that the gear requirements are about double what they should be. Or is the issue just the backlash? If they aren't going to lower the gear requirements then there's no point in addressing it other than to say, "go pound sand players."
    The straws are starting to pile up on this camel's back.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Options
    The "issue" is the Mk 12 ArmaTek Armor Plating on G12, this was supposed to be a third Mk 12 ArmaTek Multi-tool.

See you on the holotables.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options
    Did they specify what "issue" they found with Padme's gear? The only issue I can think of is that the gear requirements are about double what they should be. Or is the issue just the backlash? If they aren't going to lower the gear requirements then there's no point in addressing it other than to say, "go pound sand players."
    The straws are starting to pile up on this camel's back.
    They will address the issue later today.
  • Options
    Free to play is finish already, how can we play now ?
    If you need 8,400 cristal for lot of new toon , only people who can spend money can win in this game , I play since more than 3 years now and always top 50 in arena but I can’t gear this new toon .
    Because I cannot win an of for gear them ..its sad but I really think to stop the game now.
  • Options

I have said it lots of times that this old gear should be popped in $4.99 'care packages'

Even non spenders would pay $4.99 for a pack of 500 carbanti/500 stun gun/500 of the golden eyeballs etc.

Even top grossing games like Candy Crush and 8-Ball pool have those bargain basement sales.

Could even raise the ticket cap to 900 per person so more raids could be run. Lots of options to ease the pain.

There's an issue with that: It would benefit the players. Doesn't seem to be a priority for CG lol.

I would buy those packs though. Heck, I'd even buy those packs if they were $9.99.

Raising the daily tickets would be really awesome too, but again, I don't see that happening. Maybe if they ever give us a new raid?

I wish they would put a little more effort into some of the things they know would make us happy instead of their recent "we know you want x,y,z but instead: here's a new legendary toon" philosophy.
  • Options
    Revan malak and padme seemed like something I could deal with. But shaak ti too, a simple marquee. Now every toon ID gonna require this? Even nameless CG canon inventing geonosians? Screw that
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options
    It’s been addressed

@Kyno can you close this thread?

If anyone wants to continue this discussion they can make a new thread
This discussion has been closed.