Will bad zetas ever get changed?

Prev1
hotdeaths
152 posts Member
edited May 2019
This may seem stupid to ask, but will rubbish zetas like Pao's (there are so many more terrible ones on awful characters) ever be re-worked? I don't see those characters ever getting a re-work as they are tiny compared to the rest of the star wars universe and hold no value, but what is the point of having them? Is it just for 'collectors' or did CG design them intentionally thinking that they were good, for them to turn out pretty awful.

Just using Pao as an example.

Also, ik some zetas aren't as good (Such as Badstilla), but they are still helpful on good characters and aren't always considered a waste.

Some more pointless character zetas include:

-Stormtrooper
-Bodhi
-Rose
-Pao
-Clone Wars Chewy
-Saxon (Never seen him in game, soooo many better leaders)
-Farmboy Luke

It just confuses me why some already poor characters were given the worse zetas. I know they don't want an ability to suddenly make a character amazing, but then whats the point of having the zeta available?

Choppers unique omega is probably one of the best omega upgrades in the game, far better than any of the mentioned above. Why are they zeta worthy abilities and choppers (or CLS 2nd ability etc) omega isn't?
Post edited by hotdeaths on

Replies

• Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    I always assumed the old, crappy zetas weren't that bad whenever they were created, and have just fallen behind the times.

Mace Windu's random expose used to actually be pretty decent, but now he's laughed at as one of the worst characters in the game. I just figured it was the same kinda deal. It is pretty funny how hilariously bad some of them are, though - Stormtrooper and CloneChew are strong contenders for absolute worst.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    Please add stormtrooper to the list.
    Canderous gets a single buff on his

Not every zeta should be game breaking or close to it but they shouldn’t be purple mat material as well.

Then again - we don’t have to zeta them.
  • Sentia
    280 posts Member
    Options
    I didn't even know Farmboy could have 2 zetas till I ran into a team with him in TW with double zetas.
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options

Not every zeta should be game breaking or close to it but they shouldn’t be purple mat material as well.

I'm almost relieved when a character has a bad zeta, or a highly situational one (L3-37's for instance) because it means I can skip it and still get most of that character's usefulness out of them.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    Jarvind wrote: »

I'm almost relieved when a character has a bad zeta, or a highly situational one (L3-37's for instance) because it means I can skip it and still get most of that character's usefulness out of them.

Yea it’s scary that a team has to have all zetas now to be fully functional.

Used to throw a leadership zeta on a squad and be good.

Even cls needed no zetas. Haven’t put any on him
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options

CLS is way better with them though. Tried to beat Revan without his lead?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

CLS is way better with them though. Tried to beat Revan without his lead?

Yes. And all depends on the revan lol
  • HK22
    645 posts Member
    Options
    I have the zeta on Gar Saxon and I don't regret it. It gives the scrap Imperials a decent leadership and when paired with Stormtrooper and Range Trooper can produce some decent results. If he and ISC got trooper tags, it would definitely improve the value of both characters.
  • Options
    HK22 wrote: »
    I have the zeta on Gar Saxon and I don't regret it. It gives the scrap Imperials a decent leadership and when paired with Stormtrooper and Range Trooper can produce some decent results. If he and ISC got trooper tags, it would definitely improve the value of both characters.

I have gar as well - all empire zetas- he needs some more damage. Best against an aoe squad that doesn’t have daze lol
  • Options
    Clone Wars Chewie should be brushed up given the new TB and out of respect for the “death” of Chewie
  • Options
    Clone Wars Chewie should be brushed up given the new TB and out of respect for the “death” of Chewie

Was thinking about this. More so if he and some Bh would be required.

@VonZant would love a CW zeta touch up.

@CG_Carrie fav zeta, worst zeta?
  • Options
    Thats like buying bread leaving it on the counter goes bad and you want to return it! Lol
  • Stick
    647 posts Member
    Options
    Thats like buying bread leaving it on the counter goes bad and you want to return it! Lol
    That happens. People do that.
  • Options
    I imagine Dooku's zeta will be improved somehow when they release his touch-up.
  • hotdeaths
    152 posts Member
    Options
    I always assumed the old, crappy zetas weren't that bad whenever they were created, and have just fallen behind the times.

Mace Windu's random expose used to actually be pretty decent, but now he's laughed at as one of the worst characters in the game. I just figured it was the same kinda deal. It is pretty funny how hilariously bad some of them are, though - Stormtrooper and CloneChew are strong contenders for absolute worst.

maybe some, were still just pretty bad when they were released, especially considering how good some other upgrades were (QGJ zeta was amazing when it came out, as was Mauls).
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options

CW Chewie's zeta, for example, has been trash from the very beginning.
  • Options
    hotdeaths wrote: »

maybe some, were still just pretty bad when they were released, especially considering how good some other upgrades were (QGJ zeta was amazing when it came out, as was Mauls).

zMaul lead is still again one of the absolute best defense teams in the game... Just have to throw a fast BSF in into the mix.

• Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options

I think It Binds All Things is pretty essential for Luke. Makes him a solid plug and play character on any team.

I haven't bothered with his lead or the other unique though.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    I imagine Dooku's zeta will be improved somehow when they release his touch-up.

Would not be surprised, but I don’t think it’s bad. He needs a leadership zeta as he is, or at least the face of, the Separatists.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options

I think It Binds All Things is pretty essential for Luke. Makes him a solid plug and play character on any team.

I haven't bothered with his lead or the other unique though.

His lead made beating JKR much easier... Until they buffed Bastila for some reason by letting her grant extra tenacity to JKR.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Phoenixeon
    1842 posts Member
    Options
    HK22 wrote: »

I have his zeta too.
    Passed emperor's demise mythic tier first time with G12 zetad gar saxon lead.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    I have Rose's zeta, and it's a solid zeta, especially if run with R2 and Holdo with their AoEs.
    Still not a he.
  • Phoenixeon
    1842 posts Member
    Options
    Cassian: prot up 30% 3 turns, requires a set of zeta.
    Bastila: prot up 200% until depleted, requires to be the leader.

How about this?

I have bodhi and pao zetad (all R1 zetad actually), suck or not, hey, at least their zeta are unique.

Guess I will never unlock both revan and malak then, because I refuse to farm/gear bastila up.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    Phoenixeon wrote: »

How about this?

I have bodhi and pao zetad (all R1 zetad actually), suck or not, hey, at least their zeta are unique.

Guess I will never unlock both revan and malak then, because I refuse to farm/gear bastila up.

Bastila's zeta lead turns all mediocre jedi into very useful jedi. Sure she has to be in the leader slot, but that leader zeta can transform an entire team of all sort of jedi. Pao's zeta might be technically useable in every team you put him in, but that doesn't mean it's actually good in all teams.
  • Options
    CG does seem to have a very weird way of determining what is worth a zeta and what isn't. Like the zetas mentioned in the OP I'd have a hard time justifying 5 omegas for to say nothing of zetas (at least not when there are still a bunch of good zetas for me to spend on).
  • Phoenixeon
    1842 posts Member
    Options
    Vertigo wrote: »
    Phoenixeon wrote: »

How about this?

Bastila's zeta lead turns all mediocre jedi into very useful jedi. Sure she has to be in the leader slot, but that leader zeta can transform an entire team of all sort of jedi. Pao's zeta might be technically useable in every team you put him in, but that doesn't mean it's actually good in all teams.

I am not here to discuss bastila's zeta good or not. Its her leader skills 7 times (well almost) cassian's zeta and without time limits makes me sick.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Options
    K2SO's zeta is really up there in the rubbish dept too, though he's a pretty decent droid (albeit a bit dated).
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Aydnie
    432 posts Member
    Options
    Saxon's zeta is a bit useless but palpatine and vader and thrawn under saxon lead (no zeta on his lead) is pretty fine i'd say. Lots of counterattacks, assists, things like that, even if its not worth a palpa lead zeta
  • Options
    JDIII wrote: »
    Definitely need to change Stormtroopers Wall of Stormtroopers zeta. That zeta don’t even make sense a little bit. Someone was burning some trees when they thought of that one

I always wondered who creates the zetas.