TW Sandbagging...needs to be regulated..

Prev13
LukeDukem8
607 posts Member
edited May 2019
Can we finally get some press about this issue? Our opponent is a 200+m gp guild who elected to push their guild down into an easier bracket by having 10 to 12 of their member go into smaller feeder guilds. For the same rewards. This is a classless and kittens move.

Even at 10 less people they all have maxed dsr, malaks, and padmes. This hurts the spirit of the competition and needs to be corrected.

Replies

• Vos_Landeck
    1666 posts Member
    So the other 10-12 people aren't in the guild any longer? They left the guild and went into another guild? Don't see your beef.
  • IC3M4N
    267 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    f1wlxak3z100.jpg

OP guild let’s you choose to enter tw but doesn’t want his opponent to do the same?
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • IC3M4N
    267 posts Member
    BTW i agree with guilds allowing people to choose, real life happens sometimes and you know in advance you won’t be around during the upcoming tw
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    IC3M4N wrote: »
    BTW i agree with guilds allowing people to choose, real life happens sometimes and you know in advance you won’t be around during the upcoming tw

Agreed, i just wish the matchmaking algorithm adjusted for less members signed up which would result in it no longer being beneficial like it is now.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • So the other 10-12 people aren't in the guild any longer? They left the guild and went into another guild? Don't see your beef.

Sure they did....we only placed 19 per terriotry which means 12 to 13 of them down and you think its a coincidence.
  • leef wrote: »

Agreed, i just wish the matchmaking algorithm adjusted for less members signed up which would result in it no longer being beneficial like it is now.

Hey bud, i dont disagree with this at all, but i highly doubt 13 of them decided to leave their guild. Without a doubt they went to a sister guild to do the same. They pushed to just below 160. This was a structured plan to take advantage of a gap. Not an innocent rule.

The bottom line is they probably cant beat anyone with similar rosters so they have to
  • IC3M4N wrote: »

13 of them ic3? No chance.
  • thomssi
    526 posts Member
    LukeDukem8 wrote: »
    leef wrote: »

Hey bud, i dont disagree with this at all, but i highly doubt 13 of them decided to leave their guild. Without a doubt they went to a sister guild to do the same. They pushed to just below 160. This was a structured plan to take advantage of a gap. Not an innocent rule.

The bottom line is they probably cant beat anyone with similar rosters so they have to

Why would anyone aim to just fall out of a reward tier. You don't get matched in tier, it fixes your rewards.

• thomssi wrote: »
    leef wrote: »

Why would anyone aim to just fall out of a reward tier. You don't get matched in tier, it fixes your rewards.
    They want an easier battle and get the extra zeta for winning. From what i understood you do get matched in the same tier.
  • Bulldog1205
    3573 posts Member
    I’m still not convinced this is actually helpful at higher GP brackets. Yes, you get more GP per person, but you also have fewer Revans and other top level teams.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member

You realize there are people who just don't like TW and don't want to play it?
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    Liath wrote: »

We call those people "wet blankets" ;)
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I’m still not convinced this is actually helpful at higher GP brackets. Yes, you get more GP per person, but you also have fewer Revans and other top level teams.

At 38, they still have more than we do.
  • Liath wrote: »

But somehow all 50 of them love TB so much. I am highly suspect that 1/3 of a 200m guild, wants to completely ignore tw.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member

But somehow all 50 of them love TB so much. I am highly suspect that 1/3 of a 200m guild, wants to completely ignore tw.

TB and TW are completely different things. There are actually people that greatly prefer PvE events to anything PvP. It may or may not be the case with the guild you're facing, but you can't assume that just because people are sitting out they are doing it to game the TW system.
  • Liath wrote: »

TB and TW are completely different things. There are actually people that greatly prefer PvE events to anything PvP. It may or may not be the case with the guild you're facing, but you can't assume that just because people are sitting out they are doing it to game the TW system.

I highly dought a guild with avg arena ranks below 50 and over 200m go would have 13 sit. Read between the lines. I dont disagree that some dont like specific game modes. But this is pretty obvious what they are doing.
  • Gonzolo
    78 posts Member
    Yes our guild makes tw optional for people who are away or don’t like it, we’ve never had less than 46 sign up, and we never ever tell people not to sign up so we can get favorable matchups. All that means is we don’t penalize or boot if one decides not to opt in.
  • Back on track , i think it would be a good idea to tune up some of the brackets. Currently they all have a 10M range except the very top one that has a range of over 80 M . By simply creating a couple more brackets to break up that top one, guilds that now sandbag would have no reason to.
  • Back on track though, how does everyone think the “sandbagging” tactic should be addressed ( if it should be)
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    many comments removed.

Please feel free to send any comments or issues you have with the action taken by the volunteer moderation team directly to CG_SBCrumb.

Lets stay on topic.
  • We have been doing this since tw started. Ideally you have just over 120M gp then u fight vs guilds that barely have any trayas but still get 3 zeta rewards.

It's not cheating it's called strategy, sandbagging GP is a valid strategy.
  • Seems a little far fetched. Move 12 members out, presumably into a lower guild so that they can both get wins, but that other guild needs to have at least 13 members of their own, who probably aren't just sitting around in a 13 member guild for their overlords to bless them with their presence four days per month.

Not to mention the number of missed raid tickets and subsequently missed raids if you do this four times per month, just for maybe for slightly better rewards.

I mean maybe, people are odd, but it's a lot more likely that some folks just didn't want to participate in TW. It's not at all unheard of for people not to like TW at the 4+M GP bracket. Take for example....

https://swgoh.gg/g/13295/bosskanda-forever

"Always second in TW"
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    We have been doing this since tw started. Ideally you have just over 120M gp then u fight vs guilds that barely have any trayas but still get 3 zeta rewards.

It's not cheating it's called strategy, sandbagging GP is a valid strategy.

Wow, it must be great fun to be in your guild and miss out on rewards because of sandbagging, or alternatively win without trying.
  • Gonzolo
    78 posts Member
    Or they are forced to sit out by those overlords who let them hang out in the cool club with this understanding. You’re also forgetting about alliances who could easily shuffle players around for mutual advantage.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Simple solution, dunno if applicable in all cases (especially amongst highest GP totals):

Allow for guilds to do anything as it is now, match them based on closest no of active applicants. i.e. 43 peeps on one side getting matched by 44 on the other, not purely left to chance.
  • Drazhar
    784 posts Member
    Giving free choice and planning to have like only 30 maxed whales participating to lower the gp and win easily are two different things. One is just chill freedom, the other is a low and cowardly trick that should be at least considered for a ban or a hard warning.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    Gonzolo wrote: »
    Or they are forced to sit out by those overlords who let them hang out in the cool club with this understanding. You’re also forgetting about alliances who could easily shuffle players around for mutual advantage.

That also sounds terrible.
  • Ikky2win
    870 posts Member
    There is a difference between sandbagging and a few people sitting out because of real life or because they don’t like tw. I feel like they need to implement penalties based on your gp and how many people participate.

I understand a guild only bringing 46/50. That to me is not sandbagging. The guild could be down a few people and have alts in the guild while they try to recruit. They could have a couple people on vacation and a couple people who don’t like TW. Lots of reasons to be done 1-4 people. More than that though and I do think it’s sandbagging. Bringing 40 people instead of 50 just to get an easier opponent should somehow be penalized, like making it so you get one less zeta for a win.