Is Padme coming back for the hero's journey?

Replies

• TVF
    36610 posts Member
    Options
    AntiFunn wrote: »
    If these developers don't decide to do Anakin's fall journey, I will literally stop playing this game.

Oooh a threat!
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    well i had g12 AV last and she died within 2 hits so idk what use she would do lol.

Assajj alone can't do it, also was she zetad? And how many g12 pieces? Assajj can carry the lower tiers, tier 7 also requires a strong GG. Basically GG is the MVP, B2 helps feed him TM. Ventress is there for the latest stages when most others are dead. People have reported that B1 actually makes the battle harder because the out of turn attacks feed the enemy team bonus protection. Droideka makes it easier but it's certainly very very doable without droideka
  • Options
    no Fallen anakin is the period he kills the kids until he becomes vader.

People are correct, Anakin was in youngling kill mode way longer than Han was in a stormtrooper uniform. Vader lived in the suit for decades the version we have in the game is the sequel version, an older Vader, the guy who fought Old Ben, also the saber throw is a signature move he performed against the platform Luke was on.

There clearly is a difference between that and the Anakin who killed the younglings, the Separatist leaders and later fought obi wan.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    Fellas, there ain’t no Fallen Anakin nor is there a Lord Vader. When Anakin killed Dooku, he was Anakin Skywalker, when he cut off Mace Windu’s hand, he was Anakin Skywalker, when he kneeled before Palpatine, he was Anakin Skywalker, and then Palpatine declares him “Darth Vader”, and that is his title from that moment on. Anakin Skywalker did not fall; he went dormant. Darth Vader arose. The term “Lord” means someone that has authority or power, which is why his subordinates call him “Lord”, but never does he ever hold the title “Lord Vader.”
  • TVF
    36610 posts Member
    Options
    This debate is silly, because CG gonna do what they (and EA or Lucasfilm) wants.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    Tabub wrote: »
    And what about stormtrooper Han? What’s the excuse for that one? He was not a different character at that point at all, in fact there are absolutely more differences from fallen Anakin to Darth Vader than Han to stormtrooper Han, saying they are the same is a terrible argument for why they wouldn’t do fallen Anakin, they have done that before, and there is no reason they wouldn’t do it again.
    Stormtrooper Han exists for the same reason Farmboy Luke exists.

You cannot launch a Star Wars game without Luke and Han. But for a Star Wars game, you want those iconic characters to be special. So you pick a less iconic version of them that's close enough to start, and find a place of honor to give them later, as part of the game's hype cycle.
    That's how we got ready for Darth revan
    And for legendary Beckett/Vos.
    He is literally called DARTH VADER in ep 3 after his turn. So I would'nt rely on ANYTHING Erik says. Just like when he said: OOOH Anakin is fine no need to nerf, performing as expected (nerfs his bonus damage the next day).
    Erik did not say that. Erik said not at this time, but that it would be reevaluated when Padme comes up and Anakin gets his zeta, and would probably be tightening the synergy to GR if it happened.

Then the zeta came. The synergy got tightened, exactly as Erik said it might. And everyone made surprised Pikachu faces because the thing Erik said might happen did when he said it would.
    If these developers don't decide to do Anakin's fall journey, I will literally stop playing this game.
    This is a long term game, and they plan in advance. It took two years for a Luke with a lightsaber. It took three years for Chewie. It may take four years or more for Jedi Luke. That's not laziness or neglect. They ration high-profile content.

If we don't get episode 3 Anakin/Vader this cycle, it's not because they forgot about him or they're not bringing him to the game. It's because he's not coming to the game yet and they have plans for him.

What's more, this cycle has a brand. Battle of Geonosis, celebrating the new season of Clone Wars. That means drawing things primarily from Episode II and Clone Wars. Fallen Anakin/Lord Vader is not that, so saving Flanakin for a future Episode 3 focused cycle makes sense.

Given CG tries not to comment on upcoming releases outside of things that they're ready to announce, obliquely trying to turn expectations away from Fallen Anakin and towards other things is a reasonable course of action.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    And what about stormtrooper Han? What’s the excuse for that one? He was not a different character at that point at all, in fact there are absolutely more differences from fallen Anakin to Darth Vader than Han to stormtrooper Han, saying they are the same is a terrible argument for why they wouldn’t do fallen Anakin, they have done that before, and there is no reason they wouldn’t do it again.

You cannot launch a Star Wars game without Luke and Han. But for a Star Wars game, you want those iconic characters to be special. So you pick a less iconic version of them that's close enough to start, and find a place of honor to give them later, as part of the game's hype cycle.
    He is literally called DARTH VADER in ep 3 after his turn. So I would'nt rely on ANYTHING Erik says. Just like when he said: OOOH Anakin is fine no need to nerf, performing as expected (nerfs his bonus damage the next day).
    Erik did not say that. Erik said not at this time, but that it would be reevaluated when Padme comes up and Anakin gets his zeta, and would probably be tightening the synergy to GR if it happened.

Then the zeta came. The synergy got tightened, exactly as Erik said it might. And everyone made surprised Pikachu faces because the thing Erik said might happen did when he said it would.
    This is a long term game, and they plan in advance. It took two years for a Luke with a lightsaber. It took three years for Chewie. It may take four years or more for Jedi Luke. That's not laziness or neglect. They ration high-profile content.

If we don't get episode 3 Anakin/Vader this cycle, it's not because they forgot about him or they're not bringing him to the game. It's because he's not coming to the game yet and they have plans for him.

What's more, this cycle has a brand. Battle of Geonosis, celebrating the new season of Clone Wars. That means drawing things primarily from Episode II and Clone Wars. Fallen Anakin/Lord Vader is not that, so saving Flanakin for a future Episode 3 focused cycle makes sense.

Given CG tries not to comment on upcoming releases outside of things that they're ready to announce, obliquely trying to turn expectations away from Fallen Anakin and towards other things is a reasonable course of action.

Well thought, well written, well cited. The community when Anakin’s fall/Vader’s rise isn’t implemented by this thurs... sz5badimz45q.png
  • ThisYeezy
    582 posts Member
    Options
    Nihion wrote: »
    Fellas, there ain’t no Fallen Anakin nor is there a Lord Vader. When Anakin killed Dooku, he was Anakin Skywalker, when he cut off Mace Windu’s hand, he was Anakin Skywalker, when he kneeled before Palpatine, he was Anakin Skywalker, and then Palpatine declares him “Darth Vader”, and that is his title from that moment on. Anakin Skywalker did not fall; he went dormant. Darth Vader arose. The term “Lord” means someone that has authority or power, which is why his subordinates call him “Lord”, but never does he ever hold the title “Lord Vader.”

Palpatine was not a subordinate, but referred to him as Lord Vader.
  • ThisYeezy
    582 posts Member
    Options
    no Fallen anakin is the period he kills the kids until he becomes vader.

Whether you want to call him Darth Vader (Anakin Fallen) or Lord Vader is kind of irrelevant. The climax of the entire prequel trilogy is Anakin's full transition to the dark side.

Even though Sidious/Palpatine dubbed him Darth Vader after Anakin killed Mace you can easily argue that it wasn't until Palpatine lied to him and told him that he had killed Padme that Anakin went fully dormant and Darth Vader truly took control. Even though in his interactions with Grand Admiral Thrawn, Vader claimed that Anakin Skywalker was dead, that was not altogether true of the Return of the Jedi would have ended with Vader killing both Palpatine and Luke and taking control of the galaxy himself.

To that end the fall of Anakin to the dark side in a Journey or Mythic event is something that most Star Wars fans who play this game will want to see. When it comes to character design we've already seen a part of what could have been considered Anakin's dark side removed from Jedi Knight Anakin with the rework of Overpowering Assault. Like Darth Revan does now with Ferocity, that particular skill used to come at a cost because he would become exposed after using it. That is true to the Anakin Fallen/Lord Vader character as he had not yet mastered the art of the dark side so while he was a powerful opponent to Kenobi he became wreckless and caused the destruction of his own body.

I for one think CG did a great job with the Darth Revan and Darth Malak events (regardless of what the opinion is on the requirements) so I'm excited to see what they could do with arguably the most iconic character/storyline in the Star Wars universe now that they've made such vast improvements to the events. My only concern is where the current Vader we already have in game would stand given the power creep of new characters. Whether it be just another rework or a second Journey event to unlock another skill on Vader to increase his power, I'd like to see something done with him to bring him more in line with the reputation he had as the most feared being in the galaxy.
  • flux_rono
    2122 posts Member
    Options
    no she is never coming back, you missed out and have a 6* padme for ever. congrats
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options

Well written. That how I read these events too. The way they introduced Vader into the game is the same. He was the most bottlenecked item in the game on release, they simply didn't want many to be running around and made the item very desirable whether it was good or not in gameplay terms.

And it's ridicilious people ended up seeing it as a right to push CG even further into multiple versions thing which was bad in the first place, but made strategic sense for CG gating stuff. Complete eras, time slices makes sense, yet still gets old when abused too much as if SW lacks content that can be released.
  • Larx
    371 posts Member
    Options
    let them release a young ani ( episode 1 ) with no real power, just a lil brat throwing with parts from a pod racer.
    ah i forgot: he requires 3 zetas and is just for completing a quest and unlocking an avatar icon
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    leia and luke both have diff toons based on different outfits. wheras fallen anakin is vastly different from vader

In what way? “Fallen Anakin” never exists. There is only Darth Vader.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    ThisYeezy wrote: »

Because Vader has authority. Look, I wouldn’t be too thrilled with a “Fallen Anakin”, but Lord Vader is even worse.
  • taquillasun
    1158 posts Member
    Options
    Not a fan of the Anakin fallen. It's some fantasy that Arnoldt a game changer has had. It's not going to happen is the impression I got from the Q and A.

As far as Padmae needed.... more than likely she will be needed in Light side TB in the new Geo board. It's looking like we will fight the big monster in a mini raid type of challenge. SHe will be required, you can bet on that.
  • Options
    We shouldn't get a fallen Anakin. I love Darth Vader, but during his transitional period he was sort of a loser. Burnt Anakin would be great though lol.

Yeah, thank Lucas and the plot armor for that ****. But as I always rant, people like you don't know enough and only visualize based on a lame cover.

There are no people like me, and I know everything. And we really don't need a fallen Anakin.

• Options
    The five hans argument for a lord Vader/fallen anikin is a silly one. Stormtrooper han is a requirement for Cls, and is an early game leader. He provides a farmable Han to get for luke. Han Solo is the main version of the character, but requires you to complete the pit raid. Thus making the farming for luke, to include two legendaries. Captian han was released for the hoth territory battles, to fit thematically. the same as probedroid, wampa, Rebel officer leia, etc. The other two hans are promotions for their own movies. The force awakens and Solo. If you're holding out for a new Vader, then you should wait for the Vader solo film.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    Lord Darth Vader confirmed!!
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • ThisYeezy
    582 posts Member
    Options
    ThisYeezy wrote: »

Because Vader has authority. Look, I wouldn’t be too thrilled with a “Fallen Anakin”, but Lord Vader is even worse.

Lord was a title given to all Sith. If they want to use Darth Vader (Mustafar), Darth Vader (Anakin Fallen), Darth Vader (Lord Vader) it's hardly a big deal as they could change the title of the current in game Vader to Darth Vader (Supreme Commander) or Darth Vader (Emperor's Enforcer).

Vader on Mustafar in Revenge of the Sith is an absolute perfect fit for a Journey character. Just like Commander Luke is the middle ground between Farmboy Luke and Jedi Luke, and Rey (Jedi Training) is the middle ground between Scavenger Rey and *likely* Skywalker Rey, this is the middle ground for Anakin/Vader's journey.

The only issue that arises is that the final version of Vader was in game before Journey events existed. This could be remedied by having a second Journey that finishes his story from the death of Padme to his own death and unlocking a new skill that can be zeta'd bringing him in line with all other Journey characters with three zetas.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    And Legendary Snoke.
    And Legendary Mother Talzin.
    Hmm.... I think the scuttlebutt was that Hux would be a Marquee, so that doesn’t quite fit the theme of everyone claiming everything is legendary all the time, but it *does* fit the theme of know-nothing know-it-alls claiming a character was incoming that wasn’t.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    And Legendary Snoke.
    Hmm.... I think the scuttlebutt was that Hux would be a Marquee, so that doesn’t quite fit the theme of everyone claiming everything is legendary all the time, but it *does* fit the theme of know-nothing know-it-alls claiming a character was incoming that wasn’t.
    My personal favorite was the claims that Jango would be a legendary requiring clone troopers.
    Still not a he.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    And Legendary Snoke.
    My personal favorite was the claims that Jango would be a legendary requiring clone troopers.

Ha! I forgot about that one!

This forum has a real Texas Sharpshooter problem. Make 50 predictions, two come true, claim you’re always right...
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • ThisYeezy
    582 posts Member
    Options
    Whether you want to call him Darth Vader (Anakin Fallen) or Lord Vader is kind of irrelevant. The climax of the entire prequel trilogy is Anakin's full transition to the dark side.

Even though Sidious/Palpatine dubbed him Darth Vader after Anakin killed Mace you can easily argue that it wasn't until Palpatine lied to him and told him that he had killed Padme that Anakin went fully dormant and Darth Vader truly took control. Even though in his interactions with Grand Admiral Thrawn, Vader claimed that Anakin Skywalker was dead, that was not altogether true of the Return of the Jedi would have ended with Vader killing both Palpatine and Luke and taking control of the galaxy himself.

To that end the fall of Anakin to the dark side in a Journey or Mythic event is something that most Star Wars fans who play this game will want to see. When it comes to character design we've already seen a part of what could have been considered Anakin's dark side removed from Jedi Knight Anakin with the rework of Overpowering Assault. Like Darth Revan does now with Ferocity, that particular skill used to come at a cost because he would become exposed after using it. That is true to the Anakin Fallen/Lord Vader character as he had not yet mastered the art of the dark side so while he was a powerful opponent to Kenobi he became wreckless and caused the destruction of his own body.

I for one think CG did a great job with the Darth Revan and Darth Malak events (regardless of what the opinion is on the requirements) so I'm excited to see what they could do with arguably the most iconic character/storyline in the Star Wars universe now that they've made such vast improvements to the events. My only concern is where the current Vader we already have in game would stand given the power creep of new characters. Whether it be just another rework or a second Journey event to unlock another skill on Vader to increase his power, I'd like to see something done with him to bring him more in line with the reputation he had as the most feared being in the galaxy.

• Kj9973
    68 posts Member
    Options
    jhbuchholz wrote: »
    Didn't CG_Erik basically say this isn't happening? Or is there another way to interpret his comment that, 'the moment Anakin "falls" he becomes Darth Vader'?

Yea Eric's a pathological liar
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    Kj9973 wrote: »
    For what?

He said they weren't changing him at that time but might tighten the synergy when he got his zeta. He got his zeta. They tightened the synergy. Where is the lie?
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    Kj9973 wrote: »
    For what?

He said they weren't changing him at that time but might tighten the synergy when he got his zeta. He got his zeta. They tightened the synergy. Where is the lie?

They said they wanted a more RPS meta, months later we're still not a step closer to that. They said Anakin was fine, now he's pure trash, B team with Padme at best. He's a liar
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    They said they wanted a more RPS meta, months later we're still not a step closer to that. They said Anakin was fine, now he's pure trash, B team with Padme at best. He's a liar
    What they want and how they get there are two different questions. That said, "We want rock paper scissors," is dramatically overstating the position they've expressed and would be a terrible meta.

In a true rock paper scissors meta, someone in the top 500 with a good rock and scissors team can bash their way up to the top 10 by thumping great scissors and paper teams. People near the top will return to the situation where they choose between chaos and collusion, because everyone can beat everyone on offense just by rotating their team, and it becomes not about the arena battles themselves, but of timing your snipes.

The solution to getting a balanced and diverse meta is not rock paper scissors.

What's more, tightening Anakin's synergy did not kill arena diversity or Anakin as you claim.

JKR can still throw down against Drevalak and win. And Padme is not a B team. Padme is viable in the company of Kevan and Devan.
    Still not a he.