hard node farming: rg or rey

Prev1
reizse
1447 posts Member
wanted to get some opinions on who will be my next farm. rey is awesome and will be more awesome later on, but with rg's buff, I feel like he's a welcome addition to any team comp
mighty chlorians

Replies

• Options
    Both at once.
  • Options
    Really depends on what your goal team is. Just figure out whether your current team is benefitted more from a tank or attacker.
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    well I currently use Han and he's not much of a tank. just allows my team to move faster
    mighty chlorians
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options
    Both as they are only available in hard nodes. It will take a LONG time to get them up to 7* unless u use crystals to refresh energy and the nodes.
  • Rogan_Ban84
    1415 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    If you had to pick one, I say rey, she is my prized possession I like the most. Rg I'm not even going to bother farming, over rated, imo.

Edit, if you're going for 2 hard nodes at once stick with anakin, as you were. Rg sucks.
  • Options
    Both for sure.
  • Llewella
    400 posts Member
    Options
    Both
  • Options
    Rey
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    thanks for the replies all. the reason I said rg is because I plan on running an empire team at some point. I'm banking on the fact that the meta won't always be speed and damage.
    am I just dreaming?
    mighty chlorians
  • Benr3600
    1098 posts Member
    Options
    Rey is broken and since she is so rare right now and the new Mary Sue of Star Wars she will be very unlikely to be nerfed.
  • Options
    Good banking
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    i'm not particularly worried about whether or not she will be nerfed. i guess what i mean to ask is if i should diversify my team and start building an empire squad or stay with the same old speed and damage meta
    mighty chlorians
  • Options
    Do both and bank them.

There is no reason not to farm them.

Realistically will take a f2p 3 1/2 months to star rey to 7* without refresh
  • Options
    reizse wrote: »
    i'm not particularly worried about whether or not she will be nerfed. i guess what i mean to ask is if i should diversify my team and start building an empire squad or stay with the same old speed and damage meta

If u already have a core team. Diversify I guess.

An out of turn taunt is always cool to have

Rey basically has taunt. No one wants to leave her alive for long.
  • Options
    Both! Good God, man, Both!
  • sithhappens44142
    23 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    SpeedWeed wrote: »
    Do both and bank them.

I don't know about 3/12 months, I've been playing since just before Christmas and the drop rate has been atrocious. I haven't used any refreshes, but use my 3 attacks EVERY DAY LS-Hard 2A Hard; (don't have access to DS 5D Hard yet--can't get past Luke on 5B) on her node and I only have 74/80 shards to unlock her. Maybe once I get to DS 5-D(H) it should go by faster...
  • Gonakin
    35 posts Member
    Options
    Both at once.

+1. I've been doing this and refreshing Rey's nodes once a day each.
  • sid
    232 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I've been playing since just before Christmas and the drop rate has been atrocious. I haven't used any refreshes, but use my 3 attacks EVERY DAY LS-Hard 2A Hard
    I only have 74/80 shards to unlock her. Maybe once I get to DS 5-D(H) it should go by faster...
    Given the drop rate of 1/3 and 75 days since Christmas, 74 shards is pretty much on track.
    You have much more patience than me! I have 2 nodes unlocked and refresh 1 each.
  • Arijit
    510 posts Member
    Options
    Ewok, they will rule the future.
  • Options
    SpeedWeed wrote: »
    Do both and bank them.

I don't know about 3/12 months, I've been playing since just before Christmas and the drop rate has been atrocious. I haven't used any refreshes, but use my 3 attacks EVERY DAY LS-Hard 2A Hard; (don't have access to DS 5D Hard yet--can't get past Luke on 5B) on her node and I only have 74/80 shards to unlock her. Maybe once I get to DS 5-D(H) it should go by faster...

I been farming 2 nodes. But I only started about a month ago farming her,

At 45/80 bought her off shard shop and shipments.

3 and half months farming 3 nodes, average 3 a day farming 3 nodes. Over 100 days.
  • Maestro
    157 posts Member
    Options
    I was originaly NOT going to farm her, but when i heard we were getting 10 free shards i figured, why not. Best decision i ever made in this game! She is now 6* (14/100), farming all her nodes since late December. No refreshes, no packs, no shipments, just good old hard node farming ;)

As a f2p you just have to gamble on some characters being good down the road and go from there. Rey was sort of a safe bet as @Benr3600 mentioned, she is the star of the new movies.
  • Mazurka
    961 posts Member
    Options
    Currently farming Rey, Anakin, and RG. Takes a lot of energy away from gear, but I'd rather have the best endgame squad available
  • Options
    Maestro wrote: »
    when i heard we were getting 10 free shards
    What free shards? :neutral: where are mine?
  • Options
    Pic RG. Nobody do what he does. And Rey can be replaced by GS or FOTP for example. Both are quite similar.
    Mestre Fábio - My YouTube Channel - My SwGOH profile - Brazilian player? Come to play with us, AAT heroic, contact me
  • Options
    obviously do both, I'm farming several hard nodes at once, it's a long grind, no advantage to do just one. I'm sure everyone and their mother is farming those and fotp as well. Just gives you options down the road at a minimal cost. Things will change as the game involves, don't get too single focused.
  • Options
    fberbert wrote: »
    Pic RG. Nobody do what he does. And Rey can be replaced by GS or FOTP for example. Both are quite similar.

FOTP is slow compared to Rey. I'd go Rey for this current meta bc if everyone is getting one shot RG won't taunt in time even during assist calls.
  • Options
    Go both rey and RG
  • Koth
    21 posts Member
    Options
    Ewok Elder > all
  • Options
    Depends. If you're going to spend a fair amount of crystal refreshes and can only do 1 at a time, then figure out which best fits your team. Rey is a freakin' beast once she's farmed-up and RG is a decent tank.
  • Options
    Both at once.

Yup. That's my current plan.
    IGN: Malmsteen's Comet