Watches Ahnalds video.... "Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!"

Prev1
Ryanwhales
862 posts Member
edited June 2019
z4uaq92tqmta.jpg
I know this probably isnt a really big deal, but i think I might miss Darth Revan...

Again.

I have been farming darth revan since he came out, and because of the conversion back to 5 farming on nodes, it just screwed me up. I dont really mind waiting until he comes out again, its just that it really bothers me that i was waiting about 3 months and am going to have to wait 6 months to finally get him. I also even wasted my time gear 12ing hk47 and was working on badstilla as well. Heres were my guys are at.

Hk47, done. Canderous, done. Carth (I hate you so much) 79/80, Juhani, 41/100,
Badstilla, 9/100.

I am not quitting or anything, but at the moment the frustration feels almost enough to just leave and throw this out my window.

Get good and get a Revan. Ryanwhales
Post edited by EA_Joz on

Replies

• VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    If history is a guide - and it may not be: You should be able to purchase 25 shards of each from the weekly store. And if it resets during the event, a second batch of 25, so 50 total. So, doable.
  • Options
    Im not trying to be irritating, but the release date of dr is sooo unreasonable and unexpected.

When your work goes down the drain, i guess.

I mean, i still have the double drop rates, but ya think thats going to help?
  • Options
    VonZant wrote: »
    If history is a guide - and it may not be: You should be able to purchase 25 shards of each from the weekly store. And if it resets during the event, a second batch of 25, so 50 total. So, doable.

Dude,
    I only have like 3000 crystals left. And I am not spending money.
  • Options
    In my opinion, this just totally throws the preverbial table of g13 and genosis over.
    Look, im not really in the mood to miss another event since I unwisely spent my crystals on a "good" character, for the sake of pride and happiness and getting a "good" character before everybody else. Im trying to think of a way to put this to not sound stupid, and maybe i already have, but honestly, if you couldnt spend money and if I was forced to just be stuck at the bottom of someones shoe with them constantly squishing me into the dirt of the 200s, yeah, youd be feeling the same way.

• VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    Ryanwhales wrote: »
    VonZant wrote: »

Dude,
    I only have like 3000 crystals left. And I am not spending money.

Then you are totally screwed.

:)
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options
    Should've started farming Carth back when he dropped to hard nodes when it was 8 sims.
  • Options
    Uh huh, helps, thanks.
  • Options
    evoluza wrote: »
    What a post.
    Refresh the nodes (farm 10 of the same node/day)
    Then you finished long ago.
    That way your work doesn't go down the drain, only with spending 25 crystals/node.
    Easy fix. Next time

Listen kid, why would someone do that much refreshing when he was expected to come 5 months later? However, you do have a good point on the 25, but i have literally done no arena, and guess what, the arena is going to be flooded with people who have prepared for him quicker, and then the "gum on shoe" comes in. Treaded on, and kicked to the 200s.
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    Should've started farming Carth back when he dropped to hard nodes when it was 8 sims.

Do you think a light side guy (especially for someone who didnt know the lore as well at the time or didnt play the kotor games) would know a light side guy would. Be required? I was just thinking only badstilla and hk47, and canderous.
  • Options
    Expected 5 months later by whom?

Pretty much all the legendaries have returned 3 months later for their second event. Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.
  • Options
    Expected 5 months later by whom?

Pretty much all the legendaries have returned 3 months later for their second event. Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

Thanks for the tip, no sarcasm meant.
  • Options
    Thanks - wasn’t trying to be salty, glad you picked it up as it was intended.

Our guild (~205M GP) got 27 DRs first time around. Those of us that got him encouraged all the others to farm the OR toons they didn’t have like crazy to be ready for early June. Not sure how many will be ready, but it won’t be all 23, that’s for sure.

The worst bit is that Malak will likely follow in early July.
  • Options
    Eh dont remind me about that,
  • Options
    What a post.
    Refresh the nodes (farm 10 of the same node/day)
    Then you finished long ago.
    That way your work doesn't go down the drain, only with spending 25 crystals/node.
    Easy fix. Next time

Listen kid, why would someone do that much refreshing when he was expected to come 5 months later? However, you do have a good point on the 25, but i have literally done no arena, and guess what, the arena is going to be flooded with people who have prepared for him quicker, and then the "gum on shoe" comes in. Treaded on, and kicked to the 200s.

Listen kid, you finish required event characters as soon as possible to avoid these situations.

Now I see that, thank you.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Im not trying to be irritating, but the release date of dr is sooo unreasonable and unexpected.

Unexpected? It fits very well with the first expected release date of Darth Revan, which was delayed about two weeks, remember?
  • super_ro
    53 posts Member
    Options
    You might want to change your name whales probably isn’t very apt. But three months should be enough time to farm anything
  • MasterSeedy
    5046 posts Member
    Options
    I've got all the toons at 7*, but my gear is low-ish.

Carth: g12,
    Bastilla (Fallen): g11 + 3/6 and 1st zeta done.
    HK: g10 +5/6
    Canderous: g9 +5/6
    Juhani: g7 +4/6

HK just needs 1 carbanti for g11
    Canderous needs just one Holo Projector for g10 ...

...I should have both of those toons bumped a gear tier later today, and then getting Canderous to g11 isn't that bad. His worst gear tiers were g7-g8. I think I have everything waiting for him except one Stun Cuff and one Holo Projector.

But Juhani still needs 2 x carbantis for g8, and then whatever to get her up to g11. I'm not really sure how difficult the Darth Revan event is, but if I need those toons at better than g11, I might have a problem. I also still need to slap omegas on a couple abilities, which wouldn't be any big deal, but I'd like to have some omegas in reserve in case I need to zeta someone to finish the Darth Revan event.

Since I'll have everyone except Juhani at g11 in the next couple days, I don't think I'll struggle getting my squads ready for Malak, but we'll see. Mission, Zaalbar & T3 are all g9 right now. Even if I only have to boost 2 of them to g12, that's still a bit of a jump, depending on how soon after Darth Revan the Malak event happens again.

I also think I'm going end up running out of zetas. I've got 90 mats banked, but DR needs 3, HK probably needs at least 1, and then there's Mission & Zaalbar for LS Malak. That's 120 zeta mats required, with another 40 optional (Badstilla & 2nd on HK) and then 20 more for Carth's leadership to use all these toons in TW/GA and 40 more for Malak.

All in all, I could really use 220 mats, and I'm only bringing in 50-60 per month with only 90 banked. I've effectively spent all my mats through the end of July, and I'll still need more for Padme - both getting her and then for her own zetas.

This Revan/ Old Republic/ Sith Empire run has just chewed through all my reserves.
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    Options
    z4uaq92tqmta.jpg
    I know this probably isnt a really big deal, but i think I might miss Darth Revan...

Again.

I have been farming darth revan since he came out, and because of the conversion back to 5 farming on nodes, it just screwed me up. I dont really mind waiting until he comes out again, its just that it really bothers me that i was waiting about 3 months and am going to have to wait 6 months to finally get him. I also even wasted my time gear 12ing hk47 and was working on badstilla as well. Heres were my guys are at.

Hk47, done. Canderous, done. Carth (I hate you so much) 79/80, Juhani, 41/100,
    Badstilla, 9/100.

I am not quitting or anything, but at the moment the frustration feels almost enough to just leave and throw this out my window.

Man, I could get DRevan first time, but was late just one week! Because of Juhani and Carth. :/
  • Jubai
    112 posts Member
    Options
    z4uaq92tqmta.jpg

Carth (I hate you so much

Fleet battles are a real problem, the only thing in game that genuinely feels unfair
  • Strojař
    115 posts Member
    Options
    Breh don't leave, don't throw it out of window, i think we all came through this. It's a long term game.. if you want thing bad just buy em or mannage your resources spending. I'm pure ftp and since first dr event i was able to collect them all and even be ready for malak now. Only thing i did was that i collected two at the same time (one cantina and one hard nodes) till 7* then next two while gearing first two and again... daily only 2 refreshes on hard nodes for 75 crystals. Rest crystals for shipments only. I even zetad hk vao zallbar and all except vao are g12 now (vao 11 last to pieces missing). On the other side i dont have new chewie or tripijo. And i'm arena rank 50-100 in average so it was deninitely doable i you were more dedicated to them (sorry eng is not my primary language so manay mistakes may be seen) ;)
  • Options
    Here are some answers to reason i will not spend on any mobile game,

I am only 16, and my parents wont give me any money from their cards to let me spend because it serves no actual purpose in real life. I agree with that, as well as the fact that I only have hard cash and no cards or anything to redeem. I also have a bank account, but no card is connected and that is all for savings.

That clear things?
  • Options
    Strojař wrote: »
    Breh don't leave, don't throw it out of window, i think we all came through this. It's a long term game.. if you want thing bad just buy em or mannage your resources spending. I'm pure ftp and since first dr event i was able to collect them all and even be ready for malak now. Only thing i did was that i collected two at the same time (one cantina and one hard nodes) till 7* then next two while gearing first two and again... daily only 2 refreshes on hard nodes for 75 crystals. Rest crystals for shipments only. I even zetad hk vao zallbar and all except vao are g12 now (vao 11 last to pieces missing). On the other side i dont have new chewie or tripijo. And i'm arena rank 50-100 in average so it was deninitely doable i you were more dedicated to them (sorry eng is not my primary language so manay mistakes may be seen) ;)

Its ok,
    Thanks,
  • Options
    super_ro wrote: »
    You might want to change your name whales probably isn’t very apt. But three months should be enough time to farm anything

True, it probably should be ryanplays,
    I meant the name as irony when originally naming myself this.

Man, more personal info then intended here.
  • Options
    I haven't been playing for that long so I didn't buy in to all the rumors about Darth Revan just because of a couple of marquees, as I didn't really know their release history that well. But when he suddenly came, I figured I should farm the characters like there's no tomorrow to make sure I'd catch him next time, and now I'm done in a day or two. And still these past two months I've been able to farm other characters from the normal hard nodes as well. I get 175-275 crystals a day from arenas, and I think most people should be able to place moderately high in both arenas if they try, fleet arena is especially easy and rewarding.

It was perfectly doable f2p man, if you had just prioritized better, and made sure to get at least a certain number of shards per character each day. Oh and there were double drops a couple of days didn't you use that to your advantage while farming the required toons?
  • Options
    Waqui wrote: »

Unexpected? It fits very well with the first expected release date of Darth Revan, which was delayed about two weeks, remember?

Not to be picky (but I'm going to be ;) ) it was only delayed 4 days actually, from 21st to 25th ;)

First official announcement was March 13th which included the requirements. The vid that hadn't had the date of the 21st edited out of it was released on the 14th (normal 7 day notice). The correction to say the event was delayed was released on the 15th. The event eventually started on the 25th.

He was only ever expected earlier because of all the (un)intended leaking of triple zeta Gam Guard etc. and lots of people thinking the obvious 5 characters had been out way too long.

It has been 92 days though from the first announcement of requirements, 84 days from the planned start, 80 days from the actual event start (and another 7 days of event run time). So it is just about within the range of dates seen for the return of previous legendary events.
  • Options
    Carth is the most annoying one to farm. Takes a lot more crystals than everyone else. With one refresh a day, though, you should be getting 10 shards every 3 days, or around 100 shards per month, so it’s totally doable to go from 0 to 7* in a 3 month time frame (definitely in a 5 month). Too late now, I suppose, but generally if you want to get a legendary/heroic toon, the cheapest way to do it is refreshing hard nodes at least once per day. If you did that for him, Juhani and Bastila, that would cost 75 crystals (plus an extra 100 every other day ship energy). Since you get 100 crystals just for doing dailies, this is pretty sustainable. All you’d need to do is score in the top 10,000 in the squad arena to be able to do that long term, and it’d cut your farming time down from 6 months to 3. Yes, it’s too late for DR now, but you can plan ahead for the next toon that you need, and if you really want to unlock that’s the quickest way to do it.