All a "guild qualification requirement" will do is hurt smaller guilds

Replies

• Preto
    56 posts Member
    Options
    nabokovfan wrote: »
    Agreed, there is no reason to put a GP limit on any pvp. You simply won't be able to make progress. That's all it is.

TB is PvE, not PvP.

It's really no different than other MMOs... take WoW for example - you could not do Black Temple (or other raids) if you were not prepared (:p); you needed the right amount of people, the right gear, correct tactics...etc.
    Sure you could enter it and then get one shot. Pointless...
    It's the same thing with the 80M GP wall, it's a high end requirement and perfectly valid imo.

Let's say they don't lock it, you're in an 60-70M guild, you enter, can't even get one star and you get annoyed because you need rewards in order to grow. Now you don't have any from Geo and you lost Hoth as well.
    You want to see how/what in Geo, watch youtube videos, they'll be plenty of them.

You want high end rewards? Start playing more seriously, grow your roster with the characters required for the higher end game content and either help the guild you are in grow or move to a different one who can satisfy your needs.

On another note, this game is not a democracy, you don't get things just because you think you are entitled to.

There's also a lot of leeches in this game. You have many guilds where 10-30 ppl are doing the hard work and the rest are doing just the bare minimum in order not to be kicked. That is not fair towards the people who invest their time in the game. But eeeverybody wants rewards... riiight.
  • Atarius
    86 posts Member
    Options
    evoluza wrote: »
    Atarius wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Content should not be limited by how hard core or casual your guild is (you are)! Making content exclusivly for the 1% is a waste of ressources. You unnecessarily divide your playerbase. It does not work in the long run! You make the strong stronger and the new players cannot catch up.

Take Raids as an example: TIER 1 to 7, your guild decides. Make the same for Geonisis (with lower rewards of course)! But creating a gate (80 Mio.) is the wrong way ... Scaleable content FTW.

And how is T7 raid exclusive gear being behind that wall different than having limitations like this?

From the information we have the current raid setup is more hindering to development than the difference between the TBs.

Also, let's keep in mind that the difficulty for this event could make it a no go for guilds 50-100% over this limit. They could actually be choosing to do Hoth due to more rewards that can help them and develop and build up to being able to do the Geo TB.

Also nothing about this is limited to how hard core you guilds is. I'm sure there are many causal guilds that are over the 80M GP mark.

There are already many divisions of player base, this is a development game, its literally impossible to not have that be the case.

The difference is kinda simple, you can play the new TB even if you get not the new shiny toys, but even at "T6" you see how it works and have some diversity. Why does it work for Territorty War with its GM-tiers (to balance Guild vs. Guild) and the Raids, but not for TB Hoth / Geonsis? You lock content from players for the illusion of progression and thats not good (some would say bad game design / decisions ...)

Its to hard and there already is an easy mode. That's the Hoth tbs.
    Progress in Hoth and at some point you go over to geo. That's not bad, that's average game design.

Don't get me wrong, I do understand the concept (and heck I have seen it countless times in MMOs). Still it is game design of the '90. Modern game design goes with scaleable content, based on "how strong the individual person or group" is / are. So new content can be played by all players, but with different "modes" (easy, normal, hard where each tier gets better loot (see raids). Wildstar, with it's "Game for HardCore Players" was a flop (IDK is it still around?) It was the same with, you have to clear "x" content befor you are allowed to play "y"-Content.

Anyways, they have set the sails, we will do the content (or not if you are in a guild under 80M and stuck with Hoth).
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options
    Content should not be limited by how hard core or casual your guild is (you are)! Making content exclusivly for the 1% is a waste of ressources. You unnecessarily divide your playerbase. It does not work in the long run! You make the strong stronger and the new players cannot catch up.

Take Raids as an example: TIER 1 to 7, your guild decides. Make the same for Geonisis (with lower rewards of course)! But creating a gate (80 Mio.) is the wrong way ... Scaleable content FTW.

And how is T7 raid exclusive gear being behind that wall different than having limitations like this?

From the information we have the current raid setup is more hindering to development than the difference between the TBs.

Also, let's keep in mind that the difficulty for this event could make it a no go for guilds 50-100% over this limit. They could actually be choosing to do Hoth due to more rewards that can help them and develop and build up to being able to do the Geo TB.

Also nothing about this is limited to how hard core you guilds is. I'm sure there are many causal guilds that are over the 80M GP mark.

There are already many divisions of player base, this is a development game, its literally impossible to not have that be the case.

The difference is kinda simple, you can play the new TB even if you get not the new shiny toys, but even at "T6" you see how it works and have some diversity. Why does it work for Territorty War with its GM-tiers (to balance Guild vs. Guild) and the Raids, but not for TB Hoth / Geonsis? You lock content from players for the illusion of progression and thats not good (some would say bad game design / decisions ...)

Progress in Hoth and at some point you go over to geo. That's not bad, that's average game design.

Don't get me wrong, I do understand the concept (and heck I have seen it countless times in MMOs). Still it is game design of the '90. Modern game design goes with scaleable content, based on "how strong the individual person or group" is / are. So new content can be played by all players, but with different "modes" (easy, normal, hard where each tier gets better loot (see raids). Wildstar, with it's "Game for HardCore Players" was a flop (IDK is it still around?) It was the same with, you have to clear "x" content befor you are allowed to play "y"-Content.

Anyways, they have set the sails, we will do the content (or not if you are in a guild under 80M and stuck with Hoth).

You literally described what they are doing:
    Modern game design goes with scaleable content, based on "how strong the individual person or group" is / are

The content is TB, and it has scaled to current end-game content with the release of Geonosis.
  • Atarius
    86 posts Member
    Options
    StarSon wrote: »

Modern game design goes with scaleable content, based on "how strong the individual person or group" is / are

The content is TB, and it has scaled to current end-game content with the release of Geonosis.

Um, well, yes and no. If you say TB is the content, yes you are right, but if you see TB1 Hoth and TB2 Geonois as two separate content, then no, each TB should be scalable and adapt based in the GM of the guild (or you choose the Tier you want to play, similar to raids)
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options

Um, well, yes and no. If you say TB is the content, yes you are right, but if you see TB1 Hoth and TB2 Geonois as two separate content, then no, each TB should be scalable and adapt based in the GM of the guild (or you choose the Tier you want to play, similar to raids)

You did it again!
    (or you choose the Tier you want to play, similar to raids)
  • Atarius
    86 posts Member
    Options

You did it again!

I guess we talk about two different things...
  • Options
    The Hoth TB scales with each day, progressively getting harder and requiring squads with higher stars. I've assumed they will have the geo TB function the same way. But I'm going to wait until I actually see the TB at launch before I have a complete opinion on the decision to make it only open to 80+M guilds. The game does already included locked content based on level, guild side, etc. so there is precedent.
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options

You did it again!

I don't think we are. You talk about a guild progressing in strength the next level of content, which is exactly what Geo TB is. Then you talk about officers choosing which tier of content to run, which is exactly what Geo TB is.
  • Atarius
    86 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options

You did it again!

I don't think we are. You talk about a guild progressing in strength the next level of content, which is exactly what Geo TB is. Then you talk about officers choosing which tier of content to run, which is exactly what Geo TB is.

Yep, we do. You see Geo as T2 of the same content and I don't. Think like raids.

Content: Raids
    Raid 1: Pit T1 to T7
    Raid 2: AAT T6 and T7
    Raid 3: ST T1 to T7

You see Hoth and Geonosis as "the same raid", which they should not be.

Content: Territory Battles
    Tier 1: Hoth
    Tier 2: Geonosis

Translating Raids to Territory Battles it should be:

Content: Territory Battles
    TB1: Hoth T1 (<50GM) T2 (50-75) and T3 (>75 Mio GM)
    TB2: Geonosis T1 to T3

Note: 50,75 and above 75 are just numbers to categorize guilds better (similar to TWs)

This way guilds can run Hoth OR Geonosis on the Tier they are able to complete (just one at a time if they want...) and don't lock players out of a map or the new mini raid. And sure, with each higher Tier you get better loot.

That's modern scalable content I'm talking about.

Sidenote: I that's why I really, really don't understand their decisions on TBs if they made it for raids nearly perfect.
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    Options

End game this end game that. Rancor heroic was ”end game content” back then.

Why not give every one a chance to see the new content without it being exclusive?

Playable (not press auto / sim) content is what this game needs.
  • Options
    I think they should open up the Genosis TB just once to let the lower level guilds look at it and see that the rewards are just not worth it compared to a Hoth TB. That should quell some unrest for those who want to have a look. I suspect max stars you could need upwards to 320mill GP
  • sying
    982 posts Member
    Options
    I’ve read over 90% of this long thread and skimmed the rest. I have to say, I’m still confused as to why people in a sub 80M gp guild would want to try this tb.

I’m in a top ten guild and I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s several months before we max stars. First we have to worry about having the right teams geared and modded to a certain level to be able to max waves completed and then have to have high enough gp to achieve max stars. On top of that, now we have to worry about platoons that won’t be limited at all. Meaning the toon that just dropped last week, guess what you need four 7* ones for today’s platoon. How well do you think an 80M gp guild do when they only have 2 full platoons? I think, and I wouldn’t be surprised if many here think the same way, that it will take months for the top guilds to get to that point, let alone a guild 1/3 of our size gp-wise.

On top of that, I’ve looked at some of the people’s guilds claiming they at least want to try. In the whole guild there’s only a handful of people with any g12 pieces equipped. Granted, not everyone in those guilds has a .gg profile so some people may have a ton of g12+ gear. What would be the point of playing this tb if g12 finishers wouldn’t actually finish anything?

So you want to try. Good for you. A week after picking up golf clubs for the first time did you try out for the PGA?

To anyone, especially any low gp guild officer who wants to try this new tb, people are outright telling you, devs are outright telling you your guild will get demolished if you try. It will be a terrible experience. I challenge you people who are saying a guild will break up because the higher roster people will want to go to a guild to try this new content. I challenge you, which would tear up a guild faster, that or taking in your under qualified guild mates and having them fail for four days receiving next to nothing as rewards (rewards which they might not even be able to fully use yet) when they know they could have received much better rewards for their level.

Don’t worry about the choice. Worry about building your teams and your guild mates up. As guild leaders, I’m telling you that you are worrying about the wrong things.
  • Drazhar
    784 posts Member
    Options
    Do you think that if big guilds do both TBs and lesser guilds do one TB and can't do the other because it's too hard lesser guilds will be less disadvantaged? Because this is basically what you're saying. This choice method is the lesser evil and I'd suggest you to just take it and be grateful, because it comes from EA. If it came from any other producer I would be very upset, but for EA this is like charity. The prototype model for this was probably making you pay to join the event.
  • Preto
    56 posts Member
    Options
    sying wrote: »
    I’ve read over 90% of this long thread and skimmed the rest. I have to say, I’m still confused as to why people in a sub 80M gp guild would want to try this tb...
    The entitlement culture & neurons on extended holidays.
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member
    Options
    So you want to try. Good for you. A week after picking up golf clubs for the first time did you try out for the PGA?

I can't comment on the PGA as I have absolutely no idea how it works - I don't even know what the letters stand for.
    Instead, let me talk about the FA Cup; don't worry, I'll explain how it works.

The FA Cup is a famous knock-out tournament for football (soccer) clubs in England and Wales. The likes of Manchester United and Liverpool compete (Manchester United is the richest football club in the world, Liverpool are the current European champions); we're talking the best of the best compete in this tournament.
    But as I said, it's a knock-out tournament and any football club in England and Wales can enter. In 2011, a record 763 clubs took part. And not a single one of them said "oh there's no point as we won't beat Manchester United or Liverpool so let's not bother even trying". They all tried. They were all allowed to try. 762 teams eventually lost a match and got knocked out. The part time clubs knew they stood no chance in winning the final or even being in it but they took part anyway. And nobody said they shouldn't be allowed to because it would be too hard for them.

Let us try the Geonosian Territory Battle and decide for ourselves whether to go back to Hoth or not.
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options
    Stenun wrote: »

I can't comment on the PGA as I have absolutely no idea how it works - I don't even know what the letters stand for.

The FA Cup is a famous knock-out tournament for football (soccer) clubs in England and Wales. The likes of Manchester United and Liverpool compete (Manchester United is the richest football club in the world, Liverpool are the current European champions); we're talking the best of the best compete in this tournament.
    But as I said, it's a knock-out tournament and any football club in England and Wales can enter. In 2011, a record 763 clubs took part. And not a single one of them said "oh there's no point as we won't beat Manchester United or Liverpool so let's not bother even trying". They all tried. They were all allowed to try. 762 teams eventually lost a match and got knocked out. The part time clubs knew they stood no chance in winning the final or even being in it but they took part anyway. And nobody said they shouldn't be allowed to because it would be too hard for them.

Let us try the Geonosian Territory Battle and decide for ourselves whether to go back to Hoth or not.

That's a great analogy, but even your example has entrance requirements: the clubs must be in England or Wales. Here, the entrance requirement is 80M GP. Any guild at or above that mark can try, just like any soccer club in England or Wales can join the FA cup.
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member
    Options

That's a great analogy, but even your example has entrance requirements: the clubs must be in England or Wales. Here, the entrance requirement is 80M GP. Any guild at or above that mark can try, just like any soccer club in England or Wales can join the FA cup.

Yeah, they must be in the are geographically - i.e. playing the game run by the FA.
    Nothing to do with how good they are or perceived to be. Anyone who plays can enter the FA Cup.

Guilds with <80M GP are in the geographic area - i.e. they are playing the game run by CG.
    Why is their GP suddenly important? Anyone who plays should be able to enter.
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options
    my favorite complaint was from a guy in reddit claiming CG is screwing the players by not letting his 40 million GP guild participate in Geo TB
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options

Yeah, they must be in the are geographically - i.e. playing the game run by the FA.
    Nothing to do with how good they are or perceived to be. Anyone who plays can enter the FA Cup.

Guilds with <80M GP are in the geographic area - i.e. they are playing the game run by CG.

You can't use an example with entrance requirements as your argument if you are then going to try to compare it to something else just because you don't like it. The FA Cup requires x for you to join, and so does Geo TB.
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member
    Options

You can't use an example with entrance requirements as your argument if you are then going to try to compare it to something else just because you don't like it. The FA Cup requires x for you to join, and so does Geo TB.

The only entrance requirement is that you play the game run by the FA.
    I'm not entirely sure I'm not being trolled right now because the argument that "it has an entry requirement of playing the game therefore it's a bad analogy" is ... odd.
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options

I'm not entirely sure I'm not being trolled right now because the argument that "it has an entry requirement of playing the game therefore it's a bad analogy" is ... odd.

I am not trolling. But fine, let's get that technical. The FA Cup actually has two entrance requirements: you must be a football club, and you must be based in England or Wales. Geo TB has two entrance requirements: you must play GoH, and you must be in a guild with at least 80M GP.

You can try to twist things around if you want, but it doesn't help your case because you *are* twisting them.
  • Preto
    56 posts Member
    Options
    We could look at the analogy slightly different since there is an entry requirement...

Manchester United vs Bootle U18 (West Cheshire) - they both play the same game but the latter is not allowed to play in the FA Cup as they are not old enough.
    :)

• Stenun
    851 posts Member
    Options

I am not trolling. But fine, let's get that technical. The FA Cup actually has two entrance requirements: you must be a football club, and you must be based in England or Wales. Geo TB has two entrance requirements: you must play GoH, and you must be in a guild with at least 80M GP.

You can try to twist things around if you want, but it doesn't help your case because you *are* twisting them.

No.
    Sorry, I don't accept your logic at all.
    One set of "entrance requirements" is merely play the game run by the FA. The other set of "entry requirements" is play the game run by CG and meet this other requirement, too.

If you want to start talking about "you have to be a football club to play in the FA cup" as an entry requirement then why isn't "you must be a human being who meets the terms and conditions of the game" not the analogous counterpart?

We could go on and on about listing "entrance requirements" right down to "being human" if you want.
    But the point is that not every competition or game requires a certain level of skill to play. Anyone can just play. There is no reason why the Geo TB should be any different. To argue any other "entrance requirement" is obfuscation at best.
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member
    Options
    Why did I think an analogy was a good idea on this forum? I should have learned from experience that some people here take it too far and can't ever accept that "your eyes are as blue as the sky" because sometimes the sky isn't blue.
  • Options
    "This gate is just put out there more directly." That's the whole point, it was never there directly....
  • sying
    982 posts Member
    Options

Not any football club. Only those in levels 1-10.

I’m curious, why can’t level 11 join?
  • sying
    982 posts Member
    Options
    Oh, and my point was that maybe you should get some more practice first. But if you want to make yourself and the rest of your guild feel like they’re beating their heads against the wall for a few days for no better reason than you feel left out, who am I to stop you?

But if you actually cared about the guild like you say you do, stop being a normie, help everyone progress to a higher level, and participate when you can.