Matchups aren’t even close this time?

Replies

• Options
    CG has to be the worst company around. I mean y’all just can’t do this programming stuff very well at all. (Don’t run me, Kyno, sometimes stuff needs said out loud.)
    Ooba hutar.
  • Entus
    161 posts Member
    Options
    Entus wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    First they organized them by GP, and everyone complained because GP is such a terrible way to determined matchups. Then they change it, and people use GP to show how terrible they are.

I’m not arguing one way or another against their matchmaking. But I need evidence beyond GP for why they are poor.

Can we get this stickied?

Only if were sticking the dumbest comments

A fair rational post is dumb because it's not a rage post. Got it.

Its because he doesnt know whats actually occuring. Its not reasonable.

You're gonna have to explain that one.

He said hell need to see evidence. Evidence was already posted. Need anything else?
    All the evidence I’ve seen (ie actual bot comparisons) point to pretty even matchups.

The nnext closest guy to me has 50 more g12. Is that fair?

Repeating the same thing without providing the requested proof just makes it look like you are making it up. Can you show us the screen shot of your matchup? Some of us would like to see what is going on and get a better idea of things.

As soon as the bot loads the data
  • Options
    "GRAND ARENA matchmaking is based on the maximum power of the units a player is allowed to use based on the number of squads allowed to be deployed in this event."
  • Entus
    161 posts Member
    Options
    Heres my closest opponent....and not by gp. This is by eyeballing our inventories.. he jas 83 more g12.

akvt6rsrso70.jpg
  • Options
    Agree with the majority of posts, this match making is horrible.
    I'm in div 2, 4.28M gp, but all my opponents are div 1, between 4.9-5.1M gp.
    My current opponent outranks me with character gp by 350k and has 26 more 20+ speed mods.
    I've lost 5 matches ever in GA, but this garbage makes it so I don't even want to try. Completely took the wind out of my sails and the excitement out of championships.

Simple fix, return the match making to what it was before. At least then matchups were close.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    First they organized them by GP, and everyone complained because GP is such a terrible way to determined matchups. Then they change it, and people use GP to show how terrible they are.

I’m not arguing one way or another against their matchmaking. But I need evidence beyond GP for why they are poor.

They days of evidence and logic are, sadly, gone.

He who bellows or whines or lies the loudest usually carries the day.

I really wish I was joking or being sarcastic, but I'm not.
  • Talaath
    1 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Mutchmaking system in GA is broken and i can prove it with screenshots...

Here is my Championship Tier 4...
    xi4n1ma51jqb.jpg

Here is list of my opponents (top one is in focus):
    4lndan1s9dgu.jpg

Here is his statistics (more than 2 m. in squads):
    0qfudn3ab4cw.jpg

Here is the list of my guildmates (Дедушка Мороз - Tier 3):
    9yucqzy0h9tx.jpg

Here is his statistics (less than 2 m. in squads):
    g4ijj3zq1b1i.jpg

So i think CG has another untesteted content...
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Heres my closest opponent....and not by gp. This is by eyeballing our inventories.. he jas 83 more g12.

akvt6rsrso70.jpg

ok jesus wow what is that.. I would submit a ticket and request first place rewards just on the basis of the stupidity of that matchup

but hey on the bright side your G6 toons will be faster than his G6 toons speed baby speed
  • usArmyJedi
    351 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options

akvt6rsrso70.jpg

.... I think it’s safe to say the MM needs some fine tuning

• Options
    I have a 1.1 mill gp gap that’s insane, it has to be a mistake
  • Options

akvt6rsrso70.jpg

It looks like to me - each category is weighted. From zetas to off+ 100

I think what brought you there is the amount of + 10 and +15 speed mods.
    And your +20 not as much as a difference but still more.

Obviously idk if this is what cg is doing at all.
    But according to your mods you’re a speed demon.
  • Options

akvt6rsrso70.jpg

I don’t view this as unfair to you at all. If you don’t require multiple battles, you can use a maximum of 80 characters. My guess is they are basing GP off your top 80 characters or somewhere around there. It doesn’t matter that he has 172 G12 character, he can’t actually use half of them.

Then on top of that you have a massive speed advantage. Without knowing what G12 characters you have, I would say you actually have the advantage in this matchup.
  • Ultra
    11538 posts Moderator
    Options
    Dk_rek wrote: »

akvt6rsrso70.jpg

ok jesus wow what is that.. I would submit a ticket and request first place rewards just on the basis of the stupidity of that matchup

but hey on the bright side your G6 toons will be faster than his G6 toons speed baby speed
    Left has less g12 but more speed mods in a game where speed is as important as gear

Left has enough toons to one shot every team on offense and field a powerful defense

Look at the speed difference in JKR and DR for example
  • Options

akvt6rsrso70.jpg

I don’t view this as unfair to you at all. If you don’t require multiple battles, you can use a maximum of 80 characters. My guess is they are basing GP off your top 80 characters or somewhere around there. It doesn’t matter that he has 172 G12 character, he can’t actually use half of them.

Then on top of that you have a massive speed advantage. Without knowing what G12 characters you have, I would say you actually have the advantage in this matchup.

bc5hrpgkswc2.jpeg

• Options

akvt6rsrso70.jpg

It looks like to me - each category is weighted. From zetas to off+ 100

I think what brought you there is the amount of + 10 and +15 speed mods.
    And your +20 not as much as a difference but still more.

Obviously idk if this is what cg is doing at all.
    But according to your mods you’re a speed demon.

My guess is they are only using top X number of characters (which has been the most popular suggestion to fix the imbalance so far, fwiw). They aren’t going 170 characters deep into his opponents roster, because they don’t matter.
  • Options
    usArmyJedi wrote: »

akvt6rsrso70.jpg

bc5hrpgkswc2.jpeg

What odds can I get that’s Entus wins this matchup? I feel like I could make some money here 😂
  • Options
    Yeah this seems right. Fix it CG, this matchmaking is garbage. Go back to the old match ups
    a89amsajmztv.png
  • Options
    usArmyJedi wrote: »

akvt6rsrso70.jpg

bc5hrpgkswc2.jpeg

What odds can I get that’s Entus wins this matchup? I feel like I could make some money here 😂

Same but I think they said that one is the closest in their match no their match now. In any event Entus is poweredup on speed which is great. I understand the frustration more because I’m sure Entus probably won a lot of GAs when it came to Gp.
  • Entus
    161 posts Member
    Options

akvt6rsrso70.jpg

Uhhhh..the diversity of teams he can throw out is almost double. Sure, i have better mods equipped. So basically im going tp unequip mods before ga and i will be ready. I can promise u at his gp, he has much better mods. He just unequipped them to get better matches.
  • Options
    Yeah this seems right. Fix it CG, this matchmaking is garbage. Go back to the old match ups
    a89amsajmztv.png

What about others in your match ups?
  • Options
    a89amsajmztv.png

I agree this is a bad matchup for you, but it supports my earlier proposal. CG is using GP from top 80 characters. They aren’t factoring in mods, or at least not to a huge degree. To the algorithm it doesn’t matter that he has more G12 characters, because you both have enough G12 to fill every slot plus some.

This is a huge step forward IMO. Now they just need to make mod adjustments. The biggest disadvantage you have here is those mods.
  • Entus
    161 posts Member
    Options
    a89amsajmztv.png

Ill try to find the worst. This was my most favorable
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

Can we get this stickied?

Really? When I talked about g12, roster makeups and mods, you basically said how are they supposed to matchup based on that - and why should they? Pick a lane, dude. :D
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    a89amsajmztv.png

I believe Bulldog is 100% correct in his assessment and it makes sense...... tho the person with the 100 more G12 toons should be able to hard counter anything put on D if there is a hard counter available..

Yae hit it on the head...your gonna see TON of people just putting trash on D and trying to get as many points as possible for clears as long as you dont' get points for holding on D

lets be fair tho with the mods and other stuff in that picture Arden has probably zero chance of winning that thing

300 6 dot mods..... hahahahhahhahhah man I would be in vegas hitting the cathouses and buying drugs with the money that dude spent on a phone game lolz
  • Options
    a89amsajmztv.png

I agree this is a bad matchup for you, but it supports my earlier proposal. CG is using GP from top 80 characters. They aren’t factoring in mods, or at least not to a huge degree. To the algorithm it doesn’t matter that he has more G12 characters, because you both have enough G12 to fill every slot plus some.

This is a huge step forward IMO. Now they just need to make mod adjustments. The biggest disadvantage you have here is those mods.

The closest number i see for a lot of these matchups is number of zetas
  • Options

akvt6rsrso70.jpg

That doesn't seem that unfair to me. Yes he has a lot more G12 dudes but you have much better mods and how many of those G12 can he actually use and how many are actually any good?
  • Options
    a89amsajmztv.png

All but one other player in my round have 5M gp and have very similar rosters to the pic I posted. They all should be in division 1.
    Notice my opponents number of g12 characters too. Broken
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    I have the highest GP this timeeucsal8h8e0k.jpeg
    And this person has the lowest out of all of us. But I’m still not counting on GP to say it matters. Especially when you are in the 5 mills lol b1rzbwiqj2g7.jpeg
  • Entus
    161 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Its bugged. If it isnt. I wont be playing along with many others. This is certainly "end game" content. It will end this game.

Im not going to be meat so that krakens can get easy wins