Matchups aren’t even close this time?

Replies

• Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Options
    So, why at 2.8 mil GP, i'm up against 4mil GP?

Like, sure, GP means almost nothing, but that is a LOT of squads, and G12, that I don't have :/
  • Options
    The whole thing is trash, hard to believe this is by design.
  • Entus
    161 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Entus wrote: »
    Heres my closest opponent....and not by gp. This is by eyeballing our inventories.. he jas 83 more g12.

akvt6rsrso70.jpg

That doesn't seem that unfair to me. Yes he has a lot more G12 dudes but you have much better mods and how many of those G12 can he actually use and how many are actually any good?

He just unequipped his mods. His mods are better than mine.
  • Options
    Gorem wrote: »

Like, sure, GP means almost nothing, but that is a LOT of squads, and G12, that I don't have :/

Depends on who those G12 characters are. The number of G12 squads doesn't matter if he doesn't have teams good enough to break your defenses in a single attempt and you have teams good enough to beat his defenses in a single attempt.
  • EventineElessedil
    6171 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    172 g12 ... isn't that nearly all of them? Wow, that takes some doing. And here I am with a measly 64 g12. I don't know what all y'all are complaining about, you have enough g12 to field 25 20 all-gold teams.
    But my JKR is faster than yours so yay me.
  • Options
    Yeah this seems right. Fix it CG, this matchmaking is garbage. Go back to the old match ups
    a89amsajmztv.png

What about others in your match ups?

All but one other player in my round have 5M gp and have very similar rosters to the pic I posted. They all should be in division 1.
    Notice my opponents number of g12 characters too. Broken

Yea as of rn it looks like you have the worst of the matchups :/
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Options
    The thing is, I see people saying like "They only caring about the top 80"

NOT ALL MATCHUPS GO 1-1 Ratio's!

I have won Like 30 GA matches where we both did not take all zones.

Have won many GA matches where we both went multiple squads against each other.

If he can put down a extremely good defence AND have more geared attackers then me, mods don't matter. I have just enough squads to have one good on attack and defence. Nothing more, I lose one battle, then I need to think smart.

He can lose many and never worry. He could lose 16 times and still beat me in GA. I can hardly lose once.

See the difference?
  • Options
    Heres my closest opponent....and not by gp. This is by eyeballing our inventories.. he jas 83 more g12.

akvt6rsrso70.jpg

That doesn't seem that unfair to me. Yes he has a lot more G12 dudes but you have much better mods and how many of those G12 can he actually use and how many are actually any good?

Unequipped, unowned, it shouldn’t matter to the match maker. They aren’t to be available. If he is reassigning them and using the glitch that is a completely separate issue.
  • Options

akvt6rsrso70.jpg

If he unequipped his mods then he can't use them. So it doesn't matter.
  • Ruark_Icefire
    856 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    nm
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Options
    Gorem wrote: »

Depends on who those G12 characters are. The number of G12 squads doesn't matter if he doesn't have teams good enough to break your defenses in a single attempt and you have teams good enough to beat his defenses in a single attempt.

Depends a little on what those G12 are, very little. Unless they are somehow terrible at the game, JKR is really easy to beat these days.

I don't have Malak, I don't have Drevan. I don't have Padme up. 1.2mil difference.
  • Options
    Which discord gives you these matchups?
  • Entus
    161 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options

akvt6rsrso70.jpg

If he unequipped his mods then he can't use them. So it doesn't matter.

The data is a day behind. My point is we arent seeing his actual mods. He was probably reaaranging for ga
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah this seems right. Fix it CG, this matchmaking is garbage. Go back to the old match ups
    a89amsajmztv.png

I agree this is a bad matchup for you, but it supports my earlier proposal. CG is using GP from top 80 characters. They aren’t factoring in mods, or at least not to a huge degree. To the algorithm it doesn’t matter that he has more G12 characters, because you both have enough G12 to fill every slot plus some.

This is a huge step forward IMO. Now they just need to make mod adjustments. The biggest disadvantage you have here is those mods.

I think this is right on. Looks like it's checking each person's top X characters vs the number they will need to attack and defend with 1 team each per slot.

It may not be perfect but I can see the logic. It smooths out out fluff vs focused. Lets see how it goes.

I just dont see how they can check for or balance on Mods. Or at least very little. Too big a variable. And honestly now that we get free mod energy, thats entirely a player decision. People should be encouraged to farm them. IMHO.
  • Options
    First they organized them by GP, and everyone complained because GP is such a terrible way to determined matchups. Then they change it, and people use GP to show how terrible they are.

I’m not arguing one way or another against their matchmaking. But I need evidence beyond GP for why they are poor.

You are not getting the problem bro. I am in division 2. My exhibition round includes 4 from division 1 (yes, you can actually check their divisions by clicking their profile). If I win against then, will I get division 1 rewards? Thats the problem my friend

• Whazn
    262 posts Member
    Options
    So it's not that I mind fighting at a disadvantage gp wise; however, if all of my opponents going foward are going to be D1 , I would like to get the D1 prizes.
  • Options
    VonZant wrote: »
    a89amsajmztv.png

I agree this is a bad matchup for you, but it supports my earlier proposal. CG is using GP from top 80 characters. They aren’t factoring in mods, or at least not to a huge degree. To the algorithm it doesn’t matter that he has more G12 characters, because you both have enough G12 to fill every slot plus some.

This is a huge step forward IMO. Now they just need to make mod adjustments. The biggest disadvantage you have here is those mods.

I think this is right on. Looks like it's checking each person's top X characters vs the number they will need to attack and defend with 1 team each per slot.

It may not be perfect but I can see the logic. It smooths out out fluff vs focused. Lets see how it goes.

I just dont see how they can check for or balance on Mods. Or at least very little. Too big a variable. And honestly now that we get free mod energy, thats entirely a player decision. People should be encouraged to farm them. IMHO.

Please see my post above. What’s the logic behind not getting the same rewards if fighting opponents from higher divisions (you can actually check your opponents division).
  • Entus
    161 posts Member
    Options
    a89amsajmztv.png

Ill tell u how it will go. Me and many others wont set a defense and the other side wont be able to complete feats
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    DocJJJC wrote: »
    a89amsajmztv.png

Please see my post above. What’s the logic behind not getting the same rewards if fighting opponents from higher divisions (you can actually check your opponents division).

now you have an incentive to stop sandbagging and get that roster fluffed up !!!!!!!

Fluffers revenge
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    a89amsajmztv.png

Ill tell u how it will go. Me and many others wont set a defense and the other side wont be able to complete feats

Although its possible that the algorithim checks for "I'm a weenie and will give up before I even try," I doubt it does.

But I oh so wish it would.
  • Options
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    a89amsajmztv.png

now you have an incentive to stop sandbagging and get that roster fluffed up !!!!!!!

Fluffers revenge

I thought you are rational bro? Kindly take a look at your reply again. You did not answer the issue, but instead just uttered words. In short, you dont have an answer
  • Entus
    161 posts Member
    Options
    a89amsajmztv.png

Although its possible that the algorithim checks for "I'm a weenie and will give up before I even try," I doubt it does.

Na the problem is the players with favorable matchups like urself cant get your head out of the sand to see that you will fall victim to this. That makes this pure rng. A competition like this shouldnt be based on outside influences u cant control at 100%.

The old system never had matchups that were impossible to win. Maybe unlikely, but not 100% impossible. This one does.

If players that cant see past their own reflection, like yourself, csnt see that, we have to make you see it.
  • Ruark_Icefire
    856 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    a89amsajmztv.png

Na the problem is the players with favorable matchups like urself cant get your head out of the sand to see that you will fall victim to this. That makes this pure rng. A competition like this shouldnt be based on outside influences u cant control at 100%.

The old system never had matchups that were impossible to win. Maybe unlikely, but not 100% impossible. This one does.

If players that cant see past their own reflection, like yourself, csnt see that, we have to make you see it.

Or you could actually test the matchmaking by trying instead of just looking at some raw numbers and giving up. Since this event is you know a test. Not that I expect you to actually come back and admit you were wrong if the matchups aren't as difficult as you are assuming, this is the internet after all.
  • Entus
    161 posts Member
    Options
    a89amsajmztv.png

Or you could actually test the matchmaking by trying instead of just looking at some raw numbers and giving up. Since this event is you know a test.

When a player has 80 more g12, better mods, more zetas....sure i could win if they suck horribly. But if i had that advantage id never lose. Ever. I dont need to play to see whats going to happen. The people im playing are in top ten guilds. They didnt get there by sucking.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    a89amsajmztv.png

Ive been curbstomped before. But I always employ D and attack and have beaten "better" rosters more than once because I did.

And if your argument is correct that its pure RNG then it will effect all of us.

Not employing D simply to deny somone feats because somone didnt get their way is defeatist and childish.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    a89amsajmztv.png

Or you could actually test the matchmaking by trying instead of just looking at some raw numbers and giving up. Since this event is you know a test.

When a player has 80 more g12, better mods, more zetas....sure i could win if they suck horribly. But if i had that advantage id never lose. Ever. I dont need to play to see whats going to happen. The people im playing are in top ten guilds. They didnt get there by sucking.

Rich people who bought everything can definitely get there and still suck..... poor people are more motivated and possibly skilled than rich guy who bought everything to be cool and does not understand mechancis...

it's a longshot but so was rocky vs creed 2

• Options
    I'm sitting at 3mil and have gone undefeated through GA so far -

Now 5 of the 8 players im facing have 3.8+ mil and g12 Malak. **** did they do...
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    a89amsajmztv.png

Fluffers revenge

I thought you are rational bro? Kindly take a look at your reply again. You did not answer the issue, but instead just uttered words. In short, you dont have an answer

Of course I don't have an answer.... no one on the forum does.... only one small group of people do and until they decide to tell us what that answer is we are all gonna poast ourselves into oblivion until the next major flare up....

Like I said earlier I think.....(lots of threads) There may be some kind of bonus points added based on whatever division or situation your faced with that has not been posted.... does anyone have a full 100% set in stone scoring model (if there is I was unaware and am sorry)... maybe Div 3 get's bonus points for beating a 4... I'm not sure what they are going to do...

But the rational part of me says wait until this thing is over...see what they do and if they totally screw it up DESTROY THEM ON THE FORUMS AND REDDIT.... but at the end if everything is semi chill and semi fair we should open up a few "well done thread" (ok we know this won't be the case but just sayin)

edit : in the end I'm sure they wont' be giving some major advantage to one group of people over another... and if they do people will complain enough to make them change their minds.....hopefully
  • Options
    a89amsajmztv.png

You must be confused that’s VonZant a pure joy on the forums. Everyone hates @TVF because he’s an ea shill
  • Options
    a89amsajmztv.png

He only has 2 more zeta's than you and you have the better mods and having more G12 characters doesn't matter at all if you don't need more than 80 to win.