I'm 2.75m GP and I'm expected to GAC against 3.7m gp....???

2Next

Replies

• Options
    Larger gp groups have upwards a full year on mod farming. That means they should have way better speed mods no matter what and we all know speed is king on mods. But this new system doesnt account for the guy that has 25+ speed mods vs the guy that that doesnt have the time in game to acquire such.
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options
    But the other guy is like "heck ya, matchmaking rocks! " works for some and not for others. Such is life.
  • Options
    Waqui wrote: »
    So we're punished for not wasting gear on UROROROROROEOOEIEEIOEOE and having geared meta squads? Why is it my fault if someone has 4 million GP and their account looks laughable?

Relax. You're not punished in any way (although you may believe that every new content was created to punish you personaly). Your opponent most likely won't be using that URr'Or anyway. He might in a GAC with ships, but this one is without ships.

Can we at least change it to where in a tie lowest GP wins? Because if you have 4 million GP and you tie to a guy with 3 then you definitely deserve to lose
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Options
    Broxxor wrote: »
    The problem with grouping this way is that it gives larger gp groups a distinct advantage vs their lower gp counterparts. No matter how focused, if a larger gp has equal mods, they can field more quality teams and they win
    From what I'm seeing, the reverse is true. The higher GP rosters are full of g7-9 bloat and are easy wins for me while the lower GP rosters are lean and mean. It looks as though CG are matching on the top x toons and boy is it a mess! :D
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    Dagonsith wrote: »
    uno wrote: »
    ur roster focused? theirs collectables?....

I am focused and I should not be punished for that. These guys all have the revans and trayas.

This is a kick to the teeth and if this GAC isn't canceled and fixed, I'm done with this game.

They've decided to have a broader roster and they should be punished for that? Pure GP isn't a great way to tell how strong someone's toon collection is. Should be based on specific toons and teams and what zetas they have to be more balanced. I understand you're probably more used to womping hard on other players because of a better curated collection but just consider it a challenge.

I played by the rules of the game. It was advantageous to strategically position my toons for gearing/leveling as the events came. But now because I was more strategic than others, I am forced to compete on a higher standard while people with a year ahead of me get to play down? Is it fair that this is all “power” based now and those of you with yoda lead, bastilla lead, vader lead, thrawn, nihilus, etc leads are all screwed because a zeta counts for 2000 power, regardless of whether its good or not or even used anymore? This is simply another CG miss.

Lol i did same thing before GA “played by rules expanded roster”. I got punished for 6 months for over 2 yrs of gameplay......

Only difference between u and me is i have suffered for it for 6 months while u benefitted from something i never had the chance to do because we were never told to lean our rosters

Not sure any older players have any any any sympathy here
  • Options
    I’m in a similar spot, 2.89m. My opponents are three 3.4m and four 3.7-3.9m. I’m listed at division 3, everyone else is division 4. Every opponent has 500k on me, and 2 have over a million.

So even if I can punch way above my weight class...I’ll get less rewards for pulling a huge upset.

Awesome!
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    The problem with grouping this way is that it gives larger gp groups a distinct advantage vs their lower gp counterparts. No matter how focused, if a larger gp has equal mods, they can field more quality teams and they win
    From what I'm seeing, the reverse is true. The higher GP rosters are full of g7-9 bloat and are easy wins for me while the lower GP rosters are lean and mean. It looks as though CG are matching on the top x toons and boy is it a mess! :D
    Stupidity confirmed...
    fwea8cdl7vtd.png
  • Options
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    Dagonsith wrote: »
    ur roster focused? theirs collectables?....

I am focused and I should not be punished for that. These guys all have the revans and trayas.

This is a kick to the teeth and if this GAC isn't canceled and fixed, I'm done with this game.

They've decided to have a broader roster and they should be punished for that? Pure GP isn't a great way to tell how strong someone's toon collection is. Should be based on specific toons and teams and what zetas they have to be more balanced. I understand you're probably more used to womping hard on other players because of a better curated collection but just consider it a challenge.

I played by the rules of the game. It was advantageous to strategically position my toons for gearing/leveling as the events came. But now because I was more strategic than others, I am forced to compete on a higher standard while people with a year ahead of me get to play down? Is it fair that this is all “power” based now and those of you with yoda lead, bastilla lead, vader lead, thrawn, nihilus, etc leads are all screwed because a zeta counts for 2000 power, regardless of whether its good or not or even used anymore? This is simply another CG miss.

Lol i did same thing before GA “played by rules expanded roster”. I got punished for 6 months for over 2 yrs of gameplay......

Only difference between u and me is i have suffered for it for 6 months while u benefitted from something i never had the chance to do because we were never told to lean our rosters

Not sure any older players have any any any sympathy here

I hear ya. But at least you still got to help the guild in TB so it wasnt a waste. I had an account at the time you did and “lost it” and couldn’t recover so i was able to play newer acct differently.

I think CG needs to learn to make small adjustments instead of drastic. I mean they cant even launch a new TB because it has bugs and the four vs six day thing is something their coders cant figure out. They also dont seem to really listen to the actual players, only the ones that complain maybe?
  • Options
    Tbh op, you're in an even match up, dont be so salty that now u actually have to use strategy instead of just steamrolling your opponent.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Stupidity confirmed...
    fwea8cdl7vtd.png

The funny thing is, that every player is allowed to use any number of characters. They can use their full roster on offense, if they prefer.
    (Yes, CG probably means the number of units allowed on defense only, but that's not what the text says.)
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    Stupidity confirmed...
    fwea8cdl7vtd.png

The funny thing is, that every player is allowed to use any number of characters. They can use their full roster on offense, if they prefer.
    (Yes, CG probably means the number of units allowed on defense only, but that's not what the text says.)

Kinda looks like it's number of defense x2, assuming equal number used for offense. Makes sense.
  • Options
    Tbh op, you're in an even match up, dont be so salty that now u actually have to use strategy instead of just steamrolling your opponent.

This is not how tournament bracketing works in ANY EVENT.

It's such a simple fix as now there are to be multiple rounds in the GAC.
    -Initial matchmaking should be based on toon gp, period.
    -Subsequent rounds should be matched base ranking from their point system.
    -Winner is the guy that most efficiently cleared his rounds and completed his feats
    -Higher divisions should get slightly better rewards to incentivize the push to increase GP
  • Options

And to further, I've had plenty of match-ups that the winner was decided on efficiency alone as both sides were cleared. Plenty of smart, competent players out there. No reason to make divisions if CG didn't intend on actually using them. They misrepresented what this GAC was going to be.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Options
    Stupidity confirmed...
    fwea8cdl7vtd.png

Yup and one wonders how they come up with cross-Division matches using that method, since different Divisions have different numbers of squads to deploy.
  • Options
    Legend91 wrote: »
    ronnio wrote: »
    ajzrngrywpl5.png

This doesn't seem fair.

- you have nearly the same amount of zetas
    - you have more than 3x the amount of g11 chars
    - you have 9 less g12 chars
    - you have >50 more 10+ speed mods
    - you have more than double the amount of 15+ speed mods
    - you have no 20+ speed mods but your opponent also just has 2

From what I can see this looks like a fair matchup, total GP ain't everything.

I’m sorry to point you out specifically, but this comment isn’t anywhere near true. Who uses gear 11 characters in Ga? No one, they’re worthless. Gear matters to an extent. Zetas matter to an extent. Honestly, they only things that matter are, do you/ they have Revan? Do you/ they have Drevan? Do you/ they have Malik? Who has the faster ones? That person wins. I can have lower GP , but as long as I have those toons and they don’t I’m going to win. If they have those toons and I don’t , they are going to win. Hopefully, we can all admit that matchmaking is busted and it is in favor of one person or another. I’m grateful they did it this way. It saves me time. I know beforehand if I’m going to win or lose.

I’m sure there’s other comments that say the same , I just came across yours first. It’s your opinion and this is mine. I hope you don’t think I was being rude or anything. I’m totally not. It’s just that , in my opinion, these things don’t really matter. Revans , Revans are all that do lol
  • Options
    zetas, g12, mods....especially mods....is a game of strategy
    maybe really is an unfair grouping but hardly worth quiting over

Incorrect. I could have been helping my guild getting my clones, troopers, geos, cup, lobot, etc up but instead I chased certain meta stuff to have the edge in the GA. Now it's just a waste. Getting really tired of the "clever" EA folks changing all the rules and mechanics of the game in efforts to "balance" it. This is a communistic idea and it DOES NOT WORK in competitive play.

Yes, you could have been helping your guild and chose not to. As you say, you chose to chase the meta to have the edge in GA.
    I am pleased you had a choice. I know I and many others in the guild i am in and the wider community that have been playing since pre TB, have the inflated rosters that are detrimental in TW and GA. We cannot get rid of that fluff, where as you can grow your roster and boost your GP.
    Game mechanics change, that's life. You don't have to like it but you are still in a better position than many older accounts.
  • Pentagon
    101 posts Member
    Options
    Who uses gear 11 characters in Ga? No one, they’re worthless. Gear matters to an extent. Zetas matter to an extent. Honestly, they only things that matter are, do you/ they have Revan? Do you/ they have Drevan? Do you/ they have Malik? Who has the faster ones? That person wins. I can have lower GP , but as long as I have those toons and they don’t I’m going to win. If they have those toons and I don’t , they are going to win. Hopefully, we can all admit that matchmaking is busted and it is in favor of one person or another. I’m grateful they did it this way. It saves me time. I know beforehand if I’m going to win or lose.

I have 21 G12's. I have by far the most G12's in my GA Pod. I am deploying 5 on defense, 5 on offense, so minimum needing 50 toons.

Strangely, I don't have 50 G12's... Ergo I'm going to be deploying G10 and G11's.

It really depends at how new your account is, but at 2 mil and with a relatively lean roster, I don't have 50 G12's and when I look at my opponent, I definately look at how many G10 and 11's they have.
    Keyboard Warrior on the side of the Moderates
    I play the game for fun, if you don't like content, don't like the game, then why are you here?
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    I'm 2.75m GP and I'm expected to GAC against 3.7m gp....???

yes
    /thread
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    OBoogieIII wrote: »
    Legend91 wrote: »
    ronnio wrote: »
    ajzrngrywpl5.png

This doesn't seem fair.

- you have nearly the same amount of zetas
    - you have more than 3x the amount of g11 chars
    - you have 9 less g12 chars
    - you have >50 more 10+ speed mods
    - you have more than double the amount of 15+ speed mods
    - you have no 20+ speed mods but your opponent also just has 2

From what I can see this looks like a fair matchup, total GP ain't everything.

I’m sorry to point you out specifically, but this comment isn’t anywhere near true. Who uses gear 11 characters in Ga? No one, they’re worthless. Gear matters to an extent. Zetas matter to an extent. Honestly, they only things that matter are, do you/ they have Revan? Do you/ they have Drevan? Do you/ they have Malik? Who has the faster ones? That person wins. I can have lower GP , but as long as I have those toons and they don’t I’m going to win. If they have those toons and I don’t , they are going to win. Hopefully, we can all admit that matchmaking is busted and it is in favor of one person or another. I’m grateful they did it this way. It saves me time. I know beforehand if I’m going to win or lose.

I’m sure there’s other comments that say the same , I just came across yours first. It’s your opinion and this is mine. I hope you don’t think I was being rude or anything. I’m totally not. It’s just that , in my opinion, these things don’t really matter. Revans , Revans are all that do lol

And like you, I'm not being disrespectful. But I dont agree. I use g11 and g10 characters in GA all of the time. And who has the faster JKR or DR or Malak doesnt always win. Malak can be beaten by a number of teams. DR without Malak can be worn down by g8-10 teams. Ive won a few when I didnt have DR.

Presuming the outcome of a match before you actually play the match is unwise and contrary to the spirit of competition.
  • Straegen
    194 posts Member
    Options
    I am fighting against similar G12s but I do not have the roster size to compete effectively. I have to field 5 defensive and 5 offensive teams but I only have 6 or 7 fully setup teams. I am going against players able to fully fill out five multi-zeta defenses and five multi-zeta offenses. Having to 2 or 3 man every fight while they tear apart my backline that has level 1 characters in it just doesn't seem like it is going to be enjoyable.
  • Options
    Notworking wrote: »

Incorrect. I could have been helping my guild getting my clones, troopers, geos, cup, lobot, etc up but instead I chased certain meta stuff to have the edge in the GA. Now it's just a waste. Getting really tired of the "clever" EA folks changing all the rules and mechanics of the game in efforts to "balance" it. This is a communistic idea and it DOES NOT WORK in competitive play.

Yes, you could have been helping your guild and chose not to. As you say, you chose to chase the meta to have the edge in GA.
    I am pleased you had a choice. I know I and many others in the guild i am in and the wider community that have been playing since pre TB, have the inflated rosters that are detrimental in TW and GA. We cannot get rid of that fluff, where as you can grow your roster and boost your GP.
    Game mechanics change, that's life. You don't have to like it but you are still in a better position than many older accounts.

I started a new acct. You could have done the same. You had the same option.

Now we have the a trash account at the top of D4 because of this handicapping system. This truly was a poor way, imo, to go about matchmaking in a way that is fair to all.
  • Options
    Key toon leaders, number of zetas, number of 6dot mods, number of g12 toons, number of +10 (+15) speed mods. These numbers are the important numbers that can create balance across the force. Using "power" of toons is super LAZY way to change matchmaking. (zetas and 6dot and g12 and high speed mods are all things that old and newer players have placed heavy focus on as they are real game changers)
  • Options
    Notworking wrote: »

I started a new acct. You could have done the same. You had the same option.

Now we have the a trash account at the top of D4 because of this handicapping system. This truly was a poor way, imo, to go about matchmaking in a way that is fair to all.

The matchmaking is a move in the right direction. The old and new method are basically the same GP based method, you like the old one because the old one included a lot of fluffy toons that your opponent’s can’t possibly use in GA, and hate the new one because the new one excluded some good toons that your opponents could use but not used in matchmaking. The old one wasn’t fair, the new one might move a little further, but I bet it is a parameters that they can adjust. Maybe now it is based on number of defense teams x 2, maybe it should change it to number of defense teams x 2.5?

Simply complaining about the new matchmaking might make the other side feeling justified. What comes around goes around. It is a temporary payback for all unfair matchmaking you had easy win before.
  • uno
    150 posts Member
    Options
    is it fair that i have a znest that can solo a squad for 63 banners...proly not but there it is...1v5 and i don't have to think about 4 other toons to go with...
    there is alot that is to b considered for matchmaking and they are doing more of that...r they done? proly not...what's needed is patience...is all a work in progress
  • Options
    So we're punished for not wasting gear on UROROROROROEOOEIEEIOEOE and having geared meta squads? Why is it my fault if someone has 4 million GP and their account looks laughable?

If you don't collect in a collection game then you should get less rewards.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    Crumbs post on the subject was great..... and appreciated. There are still some issues (maybe the points things for fighting more or less teams) but I really think we need to run a full monthly GAC before people bring the pitchforks