GAC: Leaderboard bug, freebies and killing competitive spirit

Rudra
8 posts Member
Hello CG,

The evaluation period of your exhibition GAC is about to end today and still there are no hotfixes to rectify the incorrect ratings at the top of the leader board. I don't need to post a screenshot to prove this to you, you can just check your own game and see the impossibly high scores that are still sitting at top of the leader boards. You acknowledged that this is a bug in one of your dev posts and we are in Tuesday now still without that promised fix.

If you are gonna give away freebies like extra 600 tokens, 250k credits and 100 crystals with gear due to chromium league promotion feat reward, then you shouldn't call this game mode competitive anymore.

And if this game mode isn't competitive, then all of us should feel entitled to freebies, no? /sarcasm

It's not too hard to find out which players got incorrectly rewarded these high points. You just need to look at the leader boards and you will see the stark difference between the true top rated players and the players with abnormally high points.

I hope you fix this bug before rewards roll out today and roll back any feat rewards you gave to these players for chromium promotion, or you can send us our freebie rewards too. Please and thank you. (once again /sarcasm)

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    They are aware of all the scoring and stated they are tracking it. I dont think we have seen any that are impossible, just not likely.
  • Rudra
    8 posts Member
    Options
    Oh yes, I agree with you. 500+ points over the other top legit scores and sometimes nearly 1000 points over it is totally not impossible. If you doubt me, just check division 4 leader board. :)
  • Options
    I Completely agree with you Rudra!!

If they are awarding rewards based on scores and rankings, then they need to be corrected before rewards are awarded.

• Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    This is why it is the exhibition, and not the real thing yet.
  • Gair
    616 posts Member
    Options
    Ran into less bugs gaming in the 90s when I had to manually himem my config.sys for the 640k conventional memory. If my system back then had less bugs than this game now. Seriously CG, replace the hamster wheel and get a real test team.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    They are aware of all the scoring and stated they are tracking it. I dont think we have seen any that are impossible, just not likely.

I'm normally one to agree with you, but not for this. At the top if someone literally soloed every battle in divisions 1 and 2. They would get 8,856 points plus feats. Top ranks in division 1 are where you would expect them to be, but division 2 has people with well over 10,000. No way there over 1,200 points available on feats
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    Gair wrote: »
    Ran into less bugs gaming in the 90s when I had to manually himem my config.sys for the 640k conventional memory. If my system back then had less bugs than this game now. Seriously CG, replace the hamster wheel and get a real test team.

The wheel had less bugs than a Lamborghini too
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options
    Games weren’t as complex or large in the 90s either
  • casper1jr
    175 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Title should read Rant instead of misleading title. From a bystanders point of view this sounds and looks like a classic, give me, give me, give me, now now now now now now rant. They're aware of this issue and are tracking it from what I've read. What else do you want them to do? This is a game, give them time, we just got out of a weekend and now it's 4th of July week for some.

Not defending but so many don't know how to title their threads. Sometimes you guys invite the sarcasm remarks by throwing fits. This is a game, yes a game lol. If you're really getting mad over a game then you're playing for the wrong reasons.
  • Options

The one at the top of Division 1 would have required the player to win something like 20 battles at 1v5. Without collusion I don't see how this is possible.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Hekalatos wrote: »

I'm normally one to agree with you, but not for this. At the top if someone literally soloed every battle in divisions 1 and 2. They would get 8,856 points plus feats. Top ranks in division 1 are where you would expect them to be, but division 2 has people with well over 10,000. No way there over 1,200 points available on feats

I have not seen all the scores, at no point did I say that there are not people with impossible scores, just that I have not seen them. I don't hunt down data for events, they are aware that scores have been seen as high, we have not had a direct comment on any particular scores, but they are aware and tracking it.
  • Rudra
    8 posts Member
    Options
    casper1jr wrote: »
    Title should read Rant instead of misleading title. From a bystanders point of view this sounds and looks like a classic, give me, give me, give me, now now now now now now rant. They're aware of this issue and are tracking it from what I've read. What else do you want them to do? This is a game, give them time, we just got out of a weekend and now it's 4th of July week for some.

Not defending but so many don't know how to title their threads. Sometimes you guys invite the sarcasm remarks by throwing fits. This is a game, yes a game lol. If you're really getting mad over a game then you're playing for the wrong reasons.

I guess you didn't read the post?

Leader board bug - check
    freebie - check
    killing competitive spirit - check
    /sarcasm - check
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Options

I have not seen all the scores, at no point did I say that there are not people with impossible scores, just that I have not seen them. I don't hunt down data for events, they are aware that scores have been seen as high, we have not had a direct comment on any particular scores, but they are aware and tracking it.
    Here you go. I completed the feats and won all three matches with full clears but not perfect scores. Being conservative, let's say I dropped an average of 10 points per battle so 150 total (it's probably more like half that). It is then mathematically impossible for the top scorers to have almost 1000 more points than me without a bug being involved and yet they do.
    b7tpzcsbt0wm.png
  • ShawDou
    297 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »

Here you go. I completed the feats and won all three matches with full clears but not perfect scores. Being conservative, let's say I dropped an average of 10 points per battle so 150 total (it's probably more like half that). It is then mathematically impossible for the top scorers to have almost 1000 more points than me without a bug being involved and yet they do.
    b7tpzcsbt0wm.png

Well there is possibility that they have higher char GP than you and ended up in higher GA slot bracket so were able to set 1 more team than you in each GA. So one more defense points and one more attack points per fight.

This is one thing that should be fixed before full release, because it gives some players big advance over others.
  • Options
    It’s an exhibition beta test. Everyone calm down. All though I know you won’t.
    I’m disappointed it took two tries and I know there are, and will be, more bugs but I think it’s a great addition and let’s give CG a break. If you haven’t noticed a new TB is happening as well.
    But calls for calm ate pretty dumb on a forum since the default setting is complaint. 🙃
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

Open the leaderboard, division 2, bronzium league; 10.556 championship score. Impossible without a bug of sorts.
    if my calculations are correct the highest possible score for players in div 2 is 9691

Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    casper1jr wrote: »

Last time I check this was a game of resources and how you manage and buy them. I have spent real money on this game and I would bet everyone in the top of arena has; so, yes this is a classic ensure the rewards are balanced fairly.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    If you believe that, then you haven't played games in the last thirty years, even at the AAA end. Especially not an MMO.
    Still not a he.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    well, it seems they rewarded the players with a bugged score. Not a big deal in the exhibition due to the small difference in rewards, but hopefully this issue will be resolved when we play for real.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • vksg
    132 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options

That statement in the second sentence was unfounded at the time of writing and still is.

See
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/207988/anyway-to-get-to-chromium-this-exhibition
    or
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Players-with-gt-max-Championship-points-ex-Division-5/td-p/7989034/jump-to/first-unread-message
    and many more
  • Options
    Or better yet, put out a blurb after the review period was on that acknowledged the issue and that it would be addressed to even things out.
    Pretty clear to me they wanted to let the process run through as is so as not to bandaid over a problem and then miss something.
    I'm good with that thought, but explain it real quick.
    The only communication on scoring issues was that there was a bug that double counted somewhere for some people, AND that those people were not cheating, AND they were going to fix it "later today" (6/28/19).
    Maybe they did, but we don't know, because there wasn't further communication. And there was/is obviously still a scoring issue.
    They said it's a exhibition, got that, so expect issues - lived that, okay with it... just communicate that the issues are going to be dealt with equitably before folks get frothy. They did that with the failed exhibition ON A WEEKEND. Do the same here.
    For my two cents, I think it's just the double scoring issue. They kept it from happening again, but didn't revert points (per earlier reasoning).
    Or maybe it's a different bug, perhaps a surprise mechanic that CG themselves was unaware of - got it (hope you did too) :#
  • Angelloyd
    365 posts Member
    Options
    You were only focusing on the ones with points that made them have more than max. There were prolly a lot more people affected that weren’t on top spots
  • Saada
    664 posts Member
    Options
    ShawDou wrote: »
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »

b7tpzcsbt0wm.png

Well there is possibility that they have higher char GP than you and ended up in higher GA slot bracket so were able to set 1 more team than you in each GA. So one more defense points and one more attack points per fight.

This is one thing that should be fixed before full release, because it gives some players big advance over others.

Wrong. I versed div 4 while I'm in div 5 and the amount of squads set on defence always changes to the amount needed for the lower division not the highest one.