How important is having Barris?

Prev1
Title. I'm currently 48/80 for unlocking her, strictly from hard nodes. My desire to have her is for GW. My success rate in GW is about 50%, and from what I've read, Barris is a good way to drastically increase that. I do have all the other important healers... JC 6*, lumi 7*, daka 4*...

My question is, will Barris have the impact on my GW that the forums make it seem? Also, is it worth the long farm to seven star her for yoda, because as I understand, my Eeth Koth won't be able to carry his weight.

Replies

• Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options
    In general, JC and Lumi should be plenty for your healers. Just max out their mass healing abilities. What you want to focus on more is having a few decent suicide squads as you'll rarely be able to complete GW with a single squad no matter it's composition.

No clue on the Yoda question.
    They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • Options
    She will. I couldn't beat GW for 2 months straight - I unlocked her and Daka about 4 days ago... last 4 days I've won GW. Barriss is absolutely priceless for GW.
  • Options
    If you are having issues with the GW, she will help immensely. You can run her, Lumi and JC with damage dealers. Although slow, you can run that group from start to finish.
    Team iNstinct -- teaminstinct.net
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    You already have good healers for GW so I'm not sure Barris will improve your success rate that much. What is your fast DPS situation like for GW as that in combination with a good heal team leads to GW success.

I'm no help on the yoda side.

• StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options
    I was having issues with GW, so started farming Barris. Since getting her, I have completed it every day, with little trouble. Overall, she makes the entire thing easier, but I still occasionally have to retreat or use suicide squads.

My GW A Team is Barris (L), Daka, Lumi, Sid, IG-86. All level 70, all G8. Barris 4*, Daka 5*, others 7*. I occasionally swap in JC, or Kylo, just to change it up a bit.
  • Options
    Barriss is a superstar in GW because she can partially heal through Heal Immunity. With all the Sids running around, that's something that is desperately needed in order to survive. She's also great for restoring that one toon who's been getting picked on almost exclusively.

And although I personally prefer Lumi as my leader, Barriss is a solid contender for that role since her leadership ability increases the team's max health and offers a pretty decent passive health regen. Her attack might hit like a wet noodle but when it procs a team heal, it can be a lifesaver. All around, she's amazing at keeping the team alive.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    Voiager wrote: »
    Title. I'm currently 48/80 for unlocking her, strictly from hard nodes. My desire to have her is for GW. My success rate in GW is about 50%, and from what I've read, Barris is a good way to drastically increase that. I do have all the other important healers... JC 6*, lumi 7*, daka 4*...

My question is, will Barris have the impact on my GW that the forums make it seem? Also, is it worth the long farm to seven star her for yoda, because as I understand, my Eeth Koth won't be able to carry his weight.

The great thing about unlocking a 4* Bariss is she's totally viable at 4*. For Yoda why not keep farming her? You'll get lots of purple mats by the time you've 7* her.
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options
    Barriss is a superstar in GW because she can partially heal through Heal Immunity. With all the Sids running around, that's something that is desperately needed in order to survive. She's also great for restoring that one toon who's been getting picked on almost exclusively.

And although I personally prefer Lumi as my leader, Barriss is a solid contender for that role since her leadership ability increases the team's max health and offers a pretty decent passive health regen. Her attack might hit like a wet noodle but when it procs a team heal, it can be a lifesaver. All around, she's amazing at keeping the team alive.

If find myself swapping leaders often. My team usually has 3+ Jedi and QGJ often takes the lead to allow me to take out key toons before they get a turn. Lumi is usually the next one in line when the match is more about just finishing it rather than taking someone out ASAP.
    They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • bbmiLo
    378 posts Member
    Options
    have completed 63 straight GW with just maxed lumi and jc. but i can imagine barriss being helpful due to heal through immunity.
  • Options
    LUCK is priceless for GW. If you're not lvl 70 yet, or anywhere near, and you're pitted against consecutive maxed 7* 70 teams.... Its game over.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    LUCK is priceless for GW. If you're not lvl 70 yet, or anywhere near, and you're pitted against consecutive maxed 7* 70 teams.... Its game over.

Did you want to contribute to the OPs question?

"How important is having Bariss?"
  • Trevor
    102 posts Member
    Options
    I am using level 4 barris lumi jc sid/rey qgj and once not finished gw i have only a team and level 20 other toons for suicides if needed but now i not used any other toon more than week
  • Trevor
    102 posts Member
    Options
    In addition i wonned a lot teams at level 7 max geared teams 70 lvl with 56-59 level toons when i retreated 3 healers can get trought tough rounds
  • Options
    Barriss will help, but I don't think she's necessary. I do use her myself though. My GW team - Barriss (L), Lumi, Consular, Sid and Dooku. If I encounter a team that's gives me trouble, I replace Barriss with either Daka (5*) or Kylo and make Lumi the leader. My team has served me well. Been completing GW since December.
  • Options
    Barriss is the Queen of GW! Not only will she help you complete it, she will allow you to play your B team (when you get one) just for fun because you know you can finish last nodes with her. Need Lumni as well for other readers. Also needed for Yoda challenge and would be good bet she will be usable after level increase.
  • papnwors
    749 posts Member
    Options
    I just got Barris and Daka on the same day last week. They are both invaluable for GW imo. Have made my runs a ton more manageable.
  • Options
    For the past few weeks I have been using a Barris lead GW team and easily handled GW. She doesn't need to be well geared or leveled that much. I have been running her Gear 6 4* at level 55 with all here abilities level 3. I have just started to add more gear and level her up. today after equiping her to Gear 7 missing one piece and level 60 my GW was much easier.
  • Options
    I don't use her, but I cleared it with a l7 gear team all the way through. 7* QGJ (l) 7* ackbar, 5* Rey, 7* luma, 6* kylo. Didn't need JC, leia, ben, or daka so kept them in reserve. My arena rank I've kept between 100-200 with just under 25k power and I'm level 70.

I think needing her comes down to what other healers you have, your main team and how much trouble you currently are having with GW.
  • Options
    Bariss is, in my opinion, the absolute most important toon for finishing GW daily. Too many Sid and Kylo running around with heal immunity. Always take out Sid first...regardless of other toons in GW. Heal immunity is a B, and if you can eliminate it, you should finish every node with all toons at 95%+ health since she grants a heal at the start of everyone's turn.

I run Bariss (lead) lumi, Daka, Dooku and either Sid (heals on death which is important), GS, Rey, Kylo, or QGJ as my 5th

All of them are at least 6* other than rey
  • Options
    I've been fine without her. I run lumi (7* 70) as leader and sometimes sub in jc (5* 70) and , in desperation, occasionally talia (5* 60). Finished it for a long while... but do have a bench of other characters and can afford to lose a few over the whole gw.

I quite often use a suicide tank for really nasty groups.

My only concern with barriss for sid is that while she can heal it, she can't kill him - low damage and Jedi dodge. I find he normally leads with an aoe, so you have 2 turns to kill him... which is my preferred approach. So I'd rather have a hard hitting assist. Ig86 turns him into pate.

Having said that, Barris is not bad, no harm in farming her and wish I had, instead of spreading early cantina energy about on rubbish.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    Some people think she's priceless, I think she's borderline worthless in all instances except maybe the Yoda challenge. I haven't used Barris in close to two months in GW. With 93 consecutive wins, I'm not missing her.
  • Options
    bbmiLo wrote: »
    have completed 63 straight GW with just maxed lumi and jc. but i can imagine barriss being helpful due to heal through immunity.
    She has a lot of HP, too, even at 4 stars.

• Tomek
    327 posts Member
    Options
    Barris is a tank for me. I love kill her last in GW for clear cooldowns. She heals good only once. I do not see a sense to use her only for couter Sid's ability. Keeping her as 3th healler has no sense. I try to play and heal one battle by Luminara , next battle by JC... It is enought . The solution for Sid is QGJ , which kills Sid before he will be able to use his ability.
    She has no sense in Arena too. Absolutely useless char. The day I will not use healler in arena will come.
    I do not see her sense in challengies.
    We need healler or two for GW but not Barris.
    We can need tank for arena if we want to switch to offensive team.
    We need one healler for arena for balanced and one or two for defensive team. It has not to be Barris if we want win. Baris is only for survive.
  • Options
    Max Lumi and JC, and you won't need another healer through GW at all. Do not waste your time on Bariss and go farm Dooku or something.
  • tajiena
    31 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I run a nightsister team with ventress as leader. I clear gw every day with just that toon. I get speed, healing, revive, buff and debuff clearing from the group. I always kill sid first and then lumi so that I can slow step the finish ready for the next round. So I would say barriss is not vitally important. Have a good sid counter and you are set with the healers you have.
  • Options
    Got Barris early and have won almost every galactic war since i started playing 3 months ago. She has been critical to my success. When you face a team with kylo, sid, and ability blockers Barris still heals your characters who were close to death because of health equalization. I recently got her to 7* for yoda, but it didnt take long because i waited until i unlocked the cantina node for her.
  • Hendiju
    370 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I unlocked her last night, instantly got her to 70 and 6* with G8 all abilities maxed. First time I've ever done a GW and not had to heal on my 1st/2nd node. I used lumi heal on my 6th node... She was amazing. I ran her lead with lumi, QGJ, dooku and daka. Dooku/daka are 6*... Awesome. Can't wait to use her today.

I only used 1 subside squad and it was because of Poe, I wasted his taunt. I didn't lose a single player except suicide squad. GW was by far the easiest I've done in weeks. Currently have 67 out of 70 wins. (Didn't beat my first 3).
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • BeansDad
    124 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Voiager wrote: »

In answer to your thread title, no she is not important to have at all(for everyone) , just depends on your individual squad makeup. Barris may be very helpful to all healing teams that lack dps but have high survivability. For other teams that have high dps and speed, Luminara is the only character needed for healing, and Barris would basically be a total waste of a spot.

Edit : this sounds a bit harsh, the point I was making is that she very well might be important for your team... Not Every team.
  • Options
    I don't think she is a requirement. I have completed GW 46 of the 48 times I was eligible to play it. I use 6* QGJ (L), 7* Lumi, 6* JC every single time. Then I mix and match between 7* SID, 4* Daka, 5* Yoda, 6* Mace, 5* Ashoka depending on the lineup I'm facing. Basically if they have one main DPS, I'll run SID, Ashoka and usually take it out on first QGJ assist. If they have multiple, then I bring in Daka instead of Ashoka for a stun. Yoda is good to swap in if they have Vader + SID type combos. Hit tenacity up on his first turn and your team will resist the dots.
  • Options
    Beriss is really making a difference when you have opponents as sidius and anakin. Bariss can heal even if you have heal block on your toons. Also as a leader you get extra hp. I have her at 5* and you can farm her in cantina too. I think she worths it almost every team I face in GW has sidius and Lumi and JC are useless if you get heal block