36603 posts Member
    Options
    Laz wrote: »
    Malak

Well argued.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Austin9370 wrote: »
    Given that he was released as a 5*, I hope it's a while until he returns. I still haven't been able to take my Malak to 7*.

So? Just because you haven't got yours to 7* yet, other players should not unlock theirs until then? You think you must be really special. lol
  • Options
    E.when Malak
  • Options
    staa93 wrote: »
    Are EA you guys kidding? I am wondering who is charge in event scheduling. It is truly unfair that only those who got Malak first time are enjoying this game. And guys like me who are ready for this event since 1-2 weeks ago still sucking their own fingers.
    So **** event scheduling.

The first Malak event launched on April 12th. That was was less than 90 days ago. So there's nothing "late" about it. With JKR returning on July 11th, I would assume Malak will return fairly quickly after that, since JKR is needed for Malak.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    Legend91 wrote: »
    vu3v8yhhgn8z.png

I know a guy who knows a guy who’s niece saw him whale watching in California. That’s all I know.
  • Options
    Austin9370 wrote: »
    Given that he was released as a 5*, I hope it's a while until he returns. I still haven't been able to take my Malak to 7*.

So? Just because you haven't got yours to 7* yet, other players should not unlock theirs until then? You think you must be really special. lol

Agreed.
    And that’s really slow to be honest. Every player i know that got him and didn’t save GET, already has him 7🌟
  • JKB1020
    23 posts Member
    Options
    UdalCuain wrote: »
    Why there is no information of malak event?
    I remember that there was only term of 2~3weeks between DRevan and Malak event.
    But why still no sign of Malak event?
    Are EA you guys kidding? I am wondering who is charge in event scheduling. It is truly unfair that only those who got Malak first time are enjoying this game. And guys like me who are ready for this event since 1-2 weeks ago still sucking their own fingers.

A few things.

The initial DR event was delayed by two weeks. So if you expect the "gap" to between DR and Malak to be the same, I'd add a fortnight to what you expect.

I wouldn't have any expectations regarding the Malak event though. It was unique, the first event of its kind. There is no pattern to follow. It could be on a six month/annual cycle for all we know.

Unfair? People that got him the first time round are only just getting him to 7* (provided they didn't have a stash of GET store currency). Is it fair on them to bring back the event soon, when people have been hoarding GET since the first run and can 7* him almost instantly upon his return?

My personal guess would be he's returning next weekend, part way though the JKR event that starts on the 11th. But guessing (and waiting with eager anticipation) is all we can do for now.

Considering the way he was released the first time I don’t think “fair” is a consideration for CG
  • Aegiz
    1 posts Member
    Options
    This is ****....they want to keep the whales happy. As far as I know quite a few dolphins in my shard has quit.

By the time Malak comes back, F2P has already catch up. Whale won’t get effected since they would already have full G13 Sith Empire...while the paying Dolphins struggle along with F2P....

So good job GG on keeping your customers!
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    Aegiz wrote: »
    This is ****....they want to keep the whales happy. As far as I know quite a few dolphins in my shard has quit.

By the time Malak comes back, F2P has already catch up. Whale won’t get effected since they would already have full G13 Sith Empire...while the paying Dolphins struggle along with F2P....

Does GG even have customers?
  • Options
    Why there is no information of malak event?
    I remember that there was only term of 2~3weeks between DRevan and Malak event.
    But why still no sign of Malak event?

Wow. Another self-entitled man-child throwing a hissy fit because a toon in a mobile game isn't dropping exactly when it would do them the most good.

How... refreshing.
    This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken..” -Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    Nihion wrote: »
    vu3v8yhhgn8z.png

I know a guy who knows a guy who’s niece saw him whale watching in California. That’s all I know.
    Oh I've seen this guy alright

Back in April, I was walking down the street when I saw him kill 5 people with a spear all by himself and stealing their crystals. He wanted to be one of those rich people that eat good all day until their bellies are full like a whale. I told him taking a life is killing this city and its wrong.

He laughed and then literally slapped me in the face, swearing to return one day, unannounced.

I hope I never see him again, dude was a powerful creep
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    Aegiz wrote: »

If you're F2P with any chance at Malak, you've had the opportunity to gear up four members of a Devan squad and to save gear and ability mats for Malak if you so choose.
    Still not a he.
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    vu3v8yhhgn8z.png

Back in April, I was walking down the street when I saw him kill 5 people with a spear all by himself and stealing their crystals. He wanted to be one of those rich people that eat good all day until their bellies are full like a whale. I told him taking a life is killing this city and its wrong.

He laughed and then literally slapped me in the face, swearing to return one day, unannounced.

Every single word you said, was...

...absolutely genius, Ultra are you Quentin Tarantino?
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Options
    I’m ok. Let’s wait another week, Linger they wait, the more time I have to keep gearing my old republic. G12 mission and zaalbar!
  • Bb3po
    368 posts Member
    Options
    I can only assume that a significant number of players like myself that aren’t exactly whales, but spend money on this game nonetheless, are increasingly closing their wallets. It does me as much good to spend $50 a month on this game as it does to complain about it. Both get me nowhere. I guess the part that concerns me the most is that I enjoy the game despite CG tilting the tables against me and I would like to see it last. It only seems logical that there are far more players spending like I do than there are whales and that eventually CG will have run off their paychecks or at a minimum a significant portion of their paycheck.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    vu3v8yhhgn8z.png

I only know one truth...

...he’s probably bluffing, I mean come on, if he shows up at all, it’ll be announced, and there’s no way he could satisfy his hunger, I mean that’s crazy talk! You can’t feel like a whale unless you pay the big dollars!
  • Options
    oed6php6ha5q.png
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Bb3po wrote: »
    I can only assume that a significant number of players like myself that aren’t exactly whales, but spend money on this game nonetheless, are increasingly closing their wallets. It does me as much good to spend $50 a month on this game as it does to complain about it. Both get me nowhere. I guess the part that concerns me the most is that I enjoy the game despite CG tilting the tables against me and I would like to see it last. It only seems logical that there are far more players spending like I do than there are whales and that eventually CG will have run off their paychecks or at a minimum a significant portion of their paycheck.

I got Malak first run for $30.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Angelloyd wrote: »
    People assumed the 2 events were connected. They aren't. Deal with it and stop crying and making new posts about the same thing over and over again

Same can be said for your post. Used to get points around here for tellin ppl to stop crying.....

I think they decided reddit was too popular (which might be good). We could use a good unchained thread for all the i insults and PA’s flyin around......

We get

“Wheres malak posts” old and cluttering

But so are smug insult posts telling ppl to stop crying.

Literally no difference between posts and posters
  • Options
    I'll laugh if people complain about not having enough time to get Malak the second time round. (meaning that they had D/J revan first time but not enough power level for malak)

Cause its looking like Malak is the new JKR in time frame for re-release.

• _Reaper_
    109 posts Member
    Options
    Genpaku408 wrote: »
    (meaning that they had D/J revan first time but not enough power level for malak)

Hmm, DJ Revan, that's what we need!
  • Bb3po
    368 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

I got Malak first run for $30.

Not sure what you are getting at? Everyone’s situation is/was different. I assume you are insinuating that I am either a liar or didn’t prepare at the same level as you. The latter is possibly true. Point is, if they wait 6 months to bring back a toon that was available for all of a weekend in order to please the whales, I’m not sure what the point of spending modestly really is. One false move or incorrect assumption of the upcoming requirements and you are sent to a purgatory of waiting a very long time to just get on par again. My post isn’t made to be a complaint. I like the game. I just won’t even make an attempt to stay ahead as much as I have in the past.
  • Options
    This shish is going to
    Bb3po wrote: »

Faulty logic. Let's attempt to clarify with some operational definitions:
    Ftp: $0/yr
    Minow: $5 here and there = $100/year
    Dolphin: $100/month= $1200/year
    Whale: $2000/month= $24000/year.

So, as a business owner, rule #1 would be to make sure the person spending $24k stays happy. Losing a few dolphins (even dozens of minows) is nowhere near as detrimental as the loss of a whale.

And whales are probably much more common than people give credit. My advice would be to spend most of your crystal/credit income on mods and develop anti meta teams and characters. Cls can still take out many malak teams (one person in my shard still pulls top 10.) And as a ftp, new Devan owner I can pull #5 daily and #1 often. Prior to g13 I pulled #1 daily with Jedi-Thrawn.
    I enjoy the challenge of pulling #1 and winning most of GA (lost one during new gac.) I particularly enjoy beating dolphins and whales- it's extremely gratifying knowing I win against someone whos spent thousands on their roster. In fact, it's difficult for me to wrap my head around enjoying being p2w.
  • Bb3po
    368 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Wow, I’d love to be in your shard. I just looked at my top 50 and there were 12 JKR and not a single CLS. All but 2 others were DR with the the other 2 being GG squads. My post never once eluded to arena. Fact is, now Malak is tied to the next likely meta defining capitol ship in geo TB which not only puts me behind on Malak but now also ships. I get that the whales need benefits. All I’m saying is it seems as though the divide between the “haves” and “have nots” was admittedly too narrow in the recent past and is now getting too large for me to justify spending what I do only to stay behind further than I would like.