I hate the scoring in GA, it's so lopsided.

Prev13
t6ft1ujed4nt.jpg

I've wiped out every opponent I've faced since the championships began. And nothing to show for it. Because if I lose by a point, I lose out on 1000 points. I'll say it again, the scoring blows donkey nuts in this game.

Replies

• Options
    t6ft1ujed4nt.jpg

I've wiped out every opponent I've faced since the championships began. And nothing to show for it. Because if I lose by a point, I lose out on 1000 points. I'll say it again, the scoring blows donkey nuts in this game.
  • Options
    You’re right, you did say it again...
  • Options
    Lol, thx I needed the laugh after this one. Don't know why it posted twice.
  • Options
    I mean, traditionally a loss is a loss.
  • Options
    Yea, but when you lose because you weren't scored correctly it really sucks. At least three times this past ga I've ended a battle with full protection and it wasn't counted.
  • Options
    And when both opponents wipe each other in the same amount of attempts one shouldn't get 1000 extra points because they ended one battle with a **** hair more protection than the other. It's kind of ridiculous.
  • Ultra
    11515 posts Moderator
    Options
    You wiped out your opponent but your opponent did the same but better than you did
  • Options
    Yes, that's exactly why I posted. I really want this all sorted out when the real thing starts.
  • Options
    Yes Ultra 1 point better, he really outmanuvered me.
  • Ultra
    11515 posts Moderator
    Options
    Yes Ultra 1 point better, he really outmanuvered me.
    Welcome to the real world

Sports players aren’t whining about losing by one point
  • jhbuchholz
    1966 posts Member
    Options
    t6ft1ujed4nt.jpg

Your opponent out performed you and beat you. In what scoring system would you get credit for that?
  • Ultra
    11515 posts Moderator
    Options
    You can make this same topic a thousand times and nothing is going to change
  • TVF
    36612 posts Member
    Options
    Yea, but when you lose because you weren't scored correctly it really sucks. At least three times this past ga I've ended a battle with full protection and it wasn't counted.

Inb4 kyno.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Hey I've been on the other side too. I still don't agree with it. How can you call it outperforming? It's a fraction of protection that they ended their battle with. You think that's worth 1000 points? Lol
  • kieltrx
    129 posts Member
    Options
    That is a fraction of skill missing in one of the fights.
  • Options
    Lol, I'm done talking with you ultra. That was the worst analogy ever.
  • Options
    Lol, please stop, I'm about to fall out of my chair laughing.
  • kieltrx
    129 posts Member
    Options
    Imagine a draw where you have less gp than opponent and you lose.
    You have less gp and you scored same amount of points as a more developed player so you should be rewarded for an uphill win and yet you lose. That is not fair.
  • Options
    Thats not right either kiel, I agree.
  • Dar_Penthar
    598 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Hey I've been on the other side too. I still don't agree with it. How can you call it outperforming? It's a fraction of protection that they ended their battle with. You think that's worth 1000 points? Lol

So wait I'm not sure what you're proposing as an alternative? If the points are a reflection of how much a person wins by how would you resolve a tie? Both players get 1000 points? If that is the case then lets all agree to place D and not attack each other.

After all this is the age of the participation trophy, since we all get a trophy no one has to try... Yipeee!
  • Options
    1 point is equal to 1000, now I know why people are so bad at math these days, lol.
  • Ultra
    11515 posts Moderator
    Options
    Its also a difference between bringing a squad of 5 toons vs a squad of 4 toons (undersize)
  • Options
    kieltrx wrote: »
    Imagine a draw where you have less gp than opponent and you lose.
    You have less gp and you scored same amount of points as a more developed player so you should be rewarded for an uphill win and yet you lose. That is not fair.

"To be the man, you gotta tie the man!"

That's how that goes, right?
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    You can make this same topic a thousand times and nothing is going to change

So the 1001st post is really where it's at then?
  • Options
    Dar, no way **** that! I always give my all. But just score wins and losses. If it takes more than 1 battle you get less. How hard is that? If there is an occasional tie what is the big deal?
  • Options
    The definition of insanity is doing the same thing again and expecting a different outcome.

The definition of tenacity is doing the same thing 1001 times and DEMANDING a different outcome.
  • Options

A single stroke in golf tournaments can be the difference in over $750,000 worth of winnings. The same holds true in racing, where fractions of a second can mean huge swings in earnings. This is the reward for winning, even if it is by a fraction of a second/stroke/bar of protection.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Options
    Again how can you compare sports to this game? Is there anyone with logic here?
This discussion has been closed.