Ship Mats Challenge - Where did the Omegas go?

Prev1
18 posts Member
I previously used to get at least 1-2 Omegas per day while doing the ship mats challenge. Since the developers "updated" the odds to give 1 Zeta every sim, I have now failed to receive an Omega 1 time in my rewards. I'm not sure the exact timeframe but it seems like it's been at least five times trying. Is anyone else having this issue, or am I just in a terrible RNG run?

Replies

• Options
    Hardly terrible.

I got 1 this morning. They’re still there.
  • Options
    I too got an omega today.
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    Options
    Got just one. :(( it is terrible taking into account how much you need :/
  • Options
    Edward?!

He means character omegas, not ship.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Options
    So refreshing to see an omega drop complaint thread instead of a zeta one.
  • Jarvind
    3931 posts Member
    Options
    Kokie wrote: »

Well, everyone is guaranteed 6 zetas a week now and we can't just not complain about anything, amirite?
  • Options
    I also have not seen one single Omega since the zeta drop change. I never had any complaints about either before then, but to see nothing for two weeks or so straight is getting a bit out of hand
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Options
    About as refreshing as a nice cup of sand. Yum! :p
    Jarvind wrote: »

Well, everyone is guaranteed 6 zetas a week now and we can't just not complain about anything, amirite?
    Moreover the fact that we now get guaranteed zeta mats likely causes people to fixate on the omega mats or lack thereof.
  • Options
    11111111 wrote: »
    I previously used to get at least 1-2 Omegas per day while doing the ship mats challenge. Since the developers "updated" the odds to give 1 Zeta every sim, I have now failed to receive an Omega 1 time in my rewards. I'm not sure the exact timeframe but it seems like it's been at least five times trying. Is anyone else having this issue, or am I just in a terrible RNG run?

“At least 5 times trying.” I’m going to assume that’s 5 days worth, so 15 total sums for the omega mats challenge (the regular challenge), or 10 total sums for the fleet challenge.

Either way, that tiny amount of attempts is not indicative of anything beyond bad luck. Even if it’s both challenges for a total of 25 sims.
  • Options
    Update for me. I got one today, for the 1st time since the zeta change. They do still exist. I suppose it was just a bad run for me.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Options

For some of us, it's much harder to keep up with Omega needs than Zeta needs. We get Zetas from TW, GAC, Fleet Currency, etc. I only get Omegas from Daily activity completion and getting lucky on Ability Mat challenges (whether Character or Ships). At this point, I have stored Zeta Mats because I don't have enough Omegas
    Then spend some of that fleet store currency on Omega mats.

We have also received Omega mats from GA events, occasionally GW and of course Omega battles.
  • Jarvind
    3931 posts Member
    Options

For some of us, it's much harder to keep up with Omega needs than Zeta needs. We get Zetas from TW, GAC, Fleet Currency, etc. I only get Omegas from Daily activity completion and getting lucky on Ability Mat challenges (whether Character or Ships). At this point, I have stored Zeta Mats because I don't have enough Omegas

You get omegas along with zetas from TW. Same for GAC. You can also use fleet currency to buy omegas instead of zetas - the top-left slot always has either a purple mat for 500 (not worth it) or an omega for 1500 (maybe worth it).
  • DarkstarSunrise
    570 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    I haven't had a single Omega drop since they changed the zeta drop rate. Hardly a coincidence...
  • TVF
    36766 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    I haven't had a single Omega drop since they changed the zeta drop rate. Hardly a coincidence...

Actually that's exactly what it is.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Options
    I have had several drop since the change. Hardly a conspiracy...
  • Options
    I am actually finally getting omages from it now,before i got one like once every month or so,hell shortly after the update i even got 2 omegas,first time ever lol.
  • groovdog
    102 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options

Or weekly shipments for crystals or currency. Or Omega events (including crystal based refreshes of those). In the end the totals are in favor of Omegas...

• TVF
    36766 posts Member
    Options
    The omegas went IN MAH BELLEE.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    The omegas went IN MAH BELLEE.

With the behbeh?
  • Options
    As another update for my bad luck. Since receiving the one Omega close to 2 weeks ago, I have not gotten another from this challenge. I have had literally only one Omega drop since the Zeta guarantee. This is getting out of hand
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Options
    I hear the Loch Ness Monster was bribed by nefarious space aliens to eat them all! :o
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Options
    You can buy them in weekly shipments
  • Obi1_son
    656 posts Member
    Options
    6 guaranteed Zetas and 7 guaranteed omegas a day yet you guys want more.

The omegas only factor in dailies

You get that guaranteed every day.... what hack are you running??
  • TVF
    36766 posts Member
    Options
    Obi1_son wrote: »
    6 guaranteed Zetas and 7 guaranteed omegas a day yet you guys want more.

The omegas only factor in dailies

You get that guaranteed every day.... what hack are you running??

Clearly meant six zetas a week and seven omegas a day.
  • Drazhar
    784 posts Member
    Options
    In some buyable pack most likely. That is where stuff that disappears from free places misteriously reappear.
  • Options
    Omegas are super hard to get for me also. In cantina battles 0 since I started mining there and 1 omega since making 1 zeta per challenge. If not for daily rewards, I'd be getting waaay more zetas than omegas.