Jawas vs Geos - it's a bug we want to keep?

Replies

• DaarthBrewer
    1961 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options

Next time wait a while before gearing them up so fast. Being too quick to get ahead of a curve could leave you discouraged.

This is called the Bleeding edge.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Options
    Just an excuse for people to spend money and waste resources on jawa!
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    kiar1404 wrote: »
    If you think about to put your Geos high enough to complet the Geo-TB-Spezial-Mission(s) then you have to gear your Geos up tu at least G12+ ... better G13.
    If an enemy in GA has geared his jawas to defeat such a team ... yes - it is OK that the Geos explode ... the enemy has invested a lot of ressources in a team that is right at the moment only for this purpos.
    I will gear my Jawas to ~ G11 ... so I can defeat Bugs with ~ 80-90k Power. If they are stronger ... than this will not work anymore.
    But I will bring my Bugs to a level where I can do the TB-Mission.
    ... so what.
    There was a time when you could defeat a Malak-Team with Anakin ... but after a while the Malak-Teams became stronger and could resist Anakin ... this is the way CG wants us to build teams.

PS: A Geo-Team is a very cheap team - no special quests, no paywall but the "gear-paywall". And such a team at 80k can defeat a legendary CLS-Team with Chewy and 3po at 120k ... so it is ok that an other cheap team (Jawas) can defeat the Geos.

Tbh it has a very low gear paywall too. Just requires a heck ton of nubian scanners which most other factions need only 1-2 of.

Now there's a nubian crunch too!? Great
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Gear is fundamentally and by design the limiter on progression for this game. As you progress, you will run into something you don't have and that will be the crunch du jour. Sometimes it's carbs. Sometimes it's stun guns. Sometimes it's eyeballs, syringes, shield generators, nubians, cuffs, medpacs, injectors, kryotechs. But regardless, it will always be something.

And that's fine.
    Still not a he.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    Jawas should actually get one change. Their bombs should go off after one turn, like greedo's. They're tech-savvy little guys, no reason they should have 2nd rate technology.
  • Options
    Sounds like a Jawa rework was getting close anyway. Remember when they said they’re gonna rework older toons anyhow? Don’t be surprised if you see some reworked Jawa leaks coming before too long.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    Omeah wrote: »
    This is one of the best decisions made by CG in the near past. Those who get upset must not understand how GA and TW works

Ahh everyone is stupid but me trope. Awesome poast sir
  • Drazhar
    784 posts Member
    Options
    I can smell whale tears literally from the other side of the world.
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    I hope all the faces in this thread are feeling OK after all the slapping...

Ohh what has become of TVF, you became the sarcasm leader of the forum now? Is this your new title? Did CG promote you to go into posts and be sarcastic? Did they increase your paycheck?

Seriously, if you weren't one of those folks who bought Malak and now is breezing through the game with 0 concerns and just has this IDGAKitten attitude then maybe some of those issues would actually concern you and you wouldn't be the sarcasm king of this forum.

You can choose to keep doing that or you can actually comment when you have something useful to say, people would appreciate it more.

On the issue of Geo's vs Jawas, I don't understand why so many people care so much about a squad that's gotten buffed out of it's mind, possibly way more than it deserves. If people want to waste gear on Jawas then by all means, go ahead and waste your gear.
  • Ucmo
    548 posts Member
    Options
    the jawa CHEESE "bug" is a joke. it's unbelievable that they are keeping it.
  • Options
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    JDK82 wrote: »
    Seriously CG?
    You find it an interesting interaction that a totally undergeared faction can blow away, by literally doing nothing, on of the recently reworked and announced as one of the very good defence teams?

It's a slap in the face for all who invested heavily into geos.

Sure you can still use them on offence and they are needed in tb.
    But I did build them as another good defence team and wouldn't have done it otherwise.

Cant help myself, but find this quite frustrating...

Are you thinking about refunding the soended resources in them? Because that's what is needed here than. With this interaction I dont need gear 13 bugs and are happy with my former gear 12.

Thanks for considering and cheers..
    That is not a reasonable assessment of the Jawa squad.

What you need for the squad to work is to survive long enough for the trick to work. In MobileGamer's video, he had three G12 Jawas and two G11 Jawas with better mods than could reasonably be spared on Jawas, including some six pip protection mods. He said his team was up to a 50% success rate, and that was against G12 (not 13) bugs.

You need very bulky Jawas to survive long enough for it to work. Even then, there are certain actions you have to take. If you go 100% bulk and expect it to work, then you're at the whim of targeting for Scavenger to land enough thermals before they die to finish off the enemy team.

In MobileGamer's example, he did not "do nothing." He had an Engineer fast enough to go before the enemy team feed his own team turn meter. Scavenger landed a crit, letting him go into stealth. Dathcha managed to ability block the Geonosian Spy off of a 50% proc chance before potency/tenacity check. This is important because Spy's expose special will remove Scavenger's stealth. And he taunted with Nebit.

From there? Nebit's taunt was gone. Geonosians dogpiled Nebit once. His taunt was gone. Twice, he was dead. Spy's Ability block was gone so he used Illicit Intel and cleared Scavenger's stealth, putting the run at the mercy of targeting. Two more dogpiles targeted units who weren't Scavenger by chance, killing each of them. Two more dogpiles to kill Scavenger. No more thermal detonators, and a lot of them still needed a turn or two go off, with only one Jawa left standing who managed to hold off for the rest of the thermals to blow, leaving a victory with one damaged Jawa standing, thanks in large part to luck.

But the video has multiple runs.

Second run, Scavenger was the last Jawa standing but he didn't get enough thermal detonators to proc and only got one kill.

Third became a duel between Jawa Engineer and Sun Fac, who didn't eat enough thermal detonators to die. Sun Fac won.

Fourth run. The Geonosians cut through the non-stealthed Jawas, then post Ability Block Spy got a turn and OHKO'd G12 Jawa Scavenger with Silent Strike.

Fifth run. Jawa Scavenger was the last Jawa standing and managed to get off his scrap bomb on the three remaining Geonosians with 40+ thermals each, killing all of them. Victory with one damaged Jawa standing.

Sixth run. Remodded for no speed. Scavenger remained standing by luck. Ended up Engineer and Scavenger versus Sun Fac. Victory with two damaged Jawas.

Seventh run. They went after Scavenger moderately early. Ended up a duel between Sun Fac and Engineer. Sun Fac won.

Eighth run. High proc rate on thermals. Good luck with AI targeting. Jawa Scavenger managed to scrap bomb the entire enemy team at 40+ thermals. Victory with two damaged Jawas.

Ninth run. Victory with two damaged Jawas, one at less than full health.

Tenth run. They focused down Scavenger before thermals could accumulate. Defeat with no Geonosians down.

Final tally? Six wins out of ten runs. None of them better than two units surviving without full protection, which in Grand Arena is a really bad score. These were not undergeared Jawas. Two Jawas were G11, against a fully G12 This would be unlikely to work reliably with G13 bugs or sub G11 Jawas. Heck, it's hardly reliable at equal gear.

It's not significant damage to the value of your Geonosians. And new discoveries and content impact the value of investments all the time, sometimes in short order.

If you place your Geonosians on defense in GA and they get beaten by Jawas, guess what? You've gotten great value out of them because now your opponent's gotten through that team with a very low score. Congratulations.

He also didn't have them modded at all. He modded them for speed because his account didn't have crit avoidance.

Remove the glitch, refund everything if they don't. Entirely good for me and all the gems I spend grind GBA and to have it unusable now for a majority of matches in my league.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    nabokovfan wrote: »
    He also didn't have them modded at all. He modded them for speed because his account didn't have crit avoidance.

Remove the glitch, refund everything if they don't. Entirely good for me and all the gems I spend grind GBA and to have it unusable now for a majority of matches in my league.
    That is patently false.

While his mods were not ideal, they were still well modded. First half was for speed. Second half was not. A crit avoidance arrow might have helped, but not enough to magically transform the team from, "50% chance of winning with one or two damaged units standing," to, "Wins reliably with most units standing and at full protection." It's still an unreliable, messy, low point win to such a degree that if your opponent uses it to get through your Geonosians, then your Geonosians have done their job.
    Still not a he.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Options
    Jawas should actually get one change. Their bombs should go off after one turn, like greedo's. They're tech-savvy little guys, no reason they should have 2nd rate technology.
    You have seen the original movie, right? The motley collection of trashcans they tried to sell Owen Lars? Jawas would be lucky if 1 in 4 of their Thermal Detonators actually exploded! :D
  • Options
    evoluza wrote: »
    JDK82 wrote: »
    Seriously CG?
    You find it an interesting interaction that a totally undergeared faction can blow away, by literally doing nothing, on of the recently reworked and announced as one of the very good defence teams?

It's a slap in the face for all who invested heavily into geos.

Sure you can still use them on offence and they are needed in tb.
    But I did build them as another good defence team and wouldn't have done it otherwise.

Cant help myself, but find this quite frustrating...

Are you thinking about refunding the soended resources in them? Because that's what is needed here than. With this interaction I dont need gear 13 bugs and are happy with my former gear 12.

Thanks for considering and cheers..
    That is not a reasonable assessment of the Jawa squad.

What you need for the squad to work is to survive long enough for the trick to work. In MobileGamer's video, he had three G12 Jawas and two G11 Jawas with better mods than could reasonably be spared on Jawas, including some six pip protection mods. He said his team was up to a 50% success rate, and that was against G12 (not 13) bugs.

You need very bulky Jawas to survive long enough for it to work. Even then, there are certain actions you have to take. If you go 100% bulk and expect it to work, then you're at the whim of targeting for Scavenger to land enough thermals before they die to finish off the enemy team.

In MobileGamer's example, he did not "do nothing." He had an Engineer fast enough to go before the enemy team feed his own team turn meter. Scavenger landed a crit, letting him go into stealth. Dathcha managed to ability block the Geonosian Spy off of a 50% proc chance before potency/tenacity check. This is important because Spy's expose special will remove Scavenger's stealth. And he taunted with Nebit.

From there? Nebit's taunt was gone. Geonosians dogpiled Nebit once. His taunt was gone. Twice, he was dead. Spy's Ability block was gone so he used Illicit Intel and cleared Scavenger's stealth, putting the run at the mercy of targeting. Two more dogpiles targeted units who weren't Scavenger by chance, killing each of them. Two more dogpiles to kill Scavenger. No more thermal detonators, and a lot of them still needed a turn or two go off, with only one Jawa left standing who managed to hold off for the rest of the thermals to blow, leaving a victory with one damaged Jawa standing, thanks in large part to luck.

But the video has multiple runs.

Second run, Scavenger was the last Jawa standing but he didn't get enough thermal detonators to proc and only got one kill.

Third became a duel between Jawa Engineer and Sun Fac, who didn't eat enough thermal detonators to die. Sun Fac won.

Fourth run. The Geonosians cut through the non-stealthed Jawas, then post Ability Block Spy got a turn and OHKO'd G12 Jawa Scavenger with Silent Strike.

Fifth run. Jawa Scavenger was the last Jawa standing and managed to get off his scrap bomb on the three remaining Geonosians with 40+ thermals each, killing all of them. Victory with one damaged Jawa standing.

Sixth run. Remodded for no speed. Scavenger remained standing by luck. Ended up Engineer and Scavenger versus Sun Fac. Victory with two damaged Jawas.

Seventh run. They went after Scavenger moderately early. Ended up a duel between Sun Fac and Engineer. Sun Fac won.

Eighth run. High proc rate on thermals. Good luck with AI targeting. Jawa Scavenger managed to scrap bomb the entire enemy team at 40+ thermals. Victory with two damaged Jawas.

Ninth run. Victory with two damaged Jawas, one at less than full health.

Tenth run. They focused down Scavenger before thermals could accumulate. Defeat with no Geonosians down.

Final tally? Six wins out of ten runs. None of them better than two units surviving without full protection, which in Grand Arena is a really bad score. These were not undergeared Jawas. Two Jawas were G11, against a fully G12 This would be unlikely to work reliably with G13 bugs or sub G11 Jawas. Heck, it's hardly reliable at equal gear.

It's not significant damage to the value of your Geonosians. And new discoveries and content impact the value of investments all the time, sometimes in short order.

If you place your Geonosians on defense in GA and they get beaten by Jawas, guess what? You've gotten great value out of them because now your opponent's gotten through that team with a very low score. Congratulations.

Unusable like geo Tb missions, right....
    Keep that nonsense up sir

Yeah, that is exactly what I said. Needless to say, a team for JUST wat tambor shards is going to be one that most will end up grinding. It's so dumb to even argue about Jawas. Remove them from the game and no one would even care.
  • Options

That is patently false.

While his mods were not ideal, they were still well modded. First half was for speed. Second half was not. A crit avoidance arrow might have helped, but not enough to magically transform the team from, "50% chance of winning with one or two damaged units standing," to, "Wins reliably with most units standing and at full protection." It's still an unreliable, messy, low point win to such a degree that if your opponent uses it to get through your Geonosians, then your Geonosians have done their job.

He SPECIFICALLY didn't have crit avoidance arrows on his test account. Watch ahnalds video, it's much more thorough than MGs. It does not matter if you have one unit standing, if you save using a top end squad, that's huge and you can low-ball every other match to balance it out.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    He SPECIFICALLY didn't have crit avoidance arrows on his test account. Watch ahnalds video, it's much more thorough than MGs. It does not matter if you have one unit standing, if you save using a top end squad, that's huge and you can low-ball every other match to balance it out.
    At the point where it is reasonable to even consider kitting out Jawas, you and your opponent already have more high-end squads than you can reasonably use and there is not enough low-balling other matches to make compensating a possibility. Prior to that point, the resources that go into making a high-end Jawa team are better spent working on the many, many other more useful teams that are more than an unreliable low-point corner case counter to a single defensive team.

This does not significantly impact the value of Geonosians. At the absolute worst, check your opponent's Jawas like you check key counters for a variety of teams and hold Geos for offense if those jawas look fat.
    Still not a he.
  • Denizen_Kain
    92 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    But in what Star Wars universe would a team of Jawa’s be able to kill Sunfac, Poggle the Lessor, and a team of bred to battle Geos? C’mon. I know it’s a table top game, that doesn’t necessarily follow the lore, but c’mon, Jawas ...defeating Geonosians? ...seriously
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    But in what Star Wars universe would a team of Jawa’s be able to kill Sunfac, Poggle the Lessor, and a team of bred to battle Geos? C’mon. I know it’s a table top game, that doesn’t necessarily follow the lore, but c’mon, Jawas ...defeating Geonosians? ...seriously
    Power and lore are rightfully divorced. Otherwise anyone who isn't a space wizard is just Krillin.
    Still not a he.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    Gear is fundamentally and by design the limiter on progression for this game. As you progress, you will run into something you don't have and that will be the crunch du jour. Sometimes it's carbs. Sometimes it's stun guns. Sometimes it's eyeballs, syringes, shield generators, nubians, cuffs, medpacs, injectors, kryotechs. But regardless, it will always be something.

And that's fine.

I was being facetious. I love the attention though.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    Around here, Poe's Law applies to complaining about CG/the game. :P
    Still not a he.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    Around here, Poe's Law applies to complaining about CG/the game. :P

Usually a safe bet
  • Options
    Ikky2win wrote: »
    From the dev thread:

“The improved survivability makes them a hard team to punch through, making them a solid Grand Arena and Territory War team on defense.”

As one person said on discord, this seems like bait and switch. Bill them as a team that’s solid on defense, then allow a complete cheese team to counter them. How exactly are they good on defense now?

Probably a small % of players have a 80000 GP Jawa team
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    Ikky2win wrote: »
    From the dev thread:

“The improved survivability makes them a hard team to punch through, making them a solid Grand Arena and Territory War team on defense.”

As one person said on discord, this seems like bait and switch. Bill them as a team that’s solid on defense, then allow a complete cheese team to counter them. How exactly are they good on defense now?

Probably a small % of players have a 80000 GP Jawa team

I'm a slacker. Mine's only 75k
  • Options
    geo team will still be good because you can still prevent thermal dets from being applied by either having a high enough tenacity or having tenacity up. so on defense, couldn't you just put someone like Chirrut who gives Tenacity up? all those hot's stacking up on Spy would also lead to him doing massive damage when he dispels them all and does 40% more damage per hot and other buff/debuffs dispelled. I was suprised to see the bug wasn't fixed but its not the end of the world for geo's. you just need to build a little differently. 4 geo + a person who can give tenacity up is still a rock solid team!
  • TVF
    36618 posts Member
    Options
    Can dets actually be resisted?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Mr_Sausage
    1869 posts Member
    Options
    I was curious on how this would work so I brought in all of my poorly modded G10 Jawas to face a zzBrood led G12, geo team(Brood only 5*). I was losing the GA match so I tried it out.

My Jawa engineer went 1st, who then in turn made all of my Jawas go first. Those were the only turns I got but two Geos died because of all the detonators. There was up to 30 detonators on some geos. So after giving the geo team loaded TM, they proceeded to beat my next two teams easily. These teams I used were infinitely better than my Jawa team.

As pointed out, this is not an effective strategy to beat geos in GA unless the Jawa squad is good. You will sacrifice too many banners. I might take the Jawas up a bit as the geo team seems tough to beat.

I'm not saying it's right to have a bug like this and alter a faction to keep the bug but to fully exploit this bug you will need to invest heavily in Jawas.
  • Options

its a debuff right? jawa scavenger doesn't say the dets can't be resisted. as far as i can tell, dets can be resisted if your tenacity is high enough
  • TVF
    36618 posts Member
    Options
    obikenobi1 wrote: »

its a debuff right? jawa scavenger doesn't say the dets can't be resisted. as far as i can tell, dets can be resisted if your tenacity is high enough

It's a debuff and it doesn't say it can be resisted, but this wouldn't be the first time that game mechanics don't match what we can read or what we expect.

I just don't remember seeing them being resisted. I haven't tracked data though ;)
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    obikenobi1 wrote: »

It doesn’t say that Jawa scav’s TDs can’t be resisted in his ability description, but according to the mechanics on swgoh.gg it looks like they can’t.