Time to cut Ties with MobileGamer

2Next

Replies

• Aeox
    5 posts Member
    Options
    If you actually cared about Carrie you would have quietly PM'd a member of the team, not written a public post. Sounds more like someone just trying to stir things up.

Exactly this
  • Options
    Gair wrote: »
    Dear EA,

It is time for you to end your relationship with the Youtuber known as Mobilegamer. If you are not aware, yesterday, he published a hit piece about one of your recently departed employees in which he spitefully asserted falsehoods about the reasons for said employees departure. While he has since taken the piece down from general view, that video now is floating in the permanent internet ether.

Not only was the video incredibly unprofessional, but it also could be viewed by your former employee as a potential civil tort if it should prove to be injurious to said employees professional reputation. A continued relationship with this Youtuber by your company could be viewed as tacit approval of the contents of his video. As such, I would give serious consideration to removing all of his access to the game.

Thank you for your time.

Because bro, Mobilegamer isn't part of EA, Capital games or Disney... Bro!

He has "access to a special build and the ability to talk to developers". That my friend is a business relationship.

And I ain't your bro.

That is not a business relationship if he has no stake in the company. Playing a game and spending money on it does not define the investment into the company either, only the product.

Additionally, freedom of speech is protected outside of government by freedom of expression. He has his right to his opinion if you agree or not.

He has a stake. He makes money making content using special access he has with this company.
  • Options
    Part of the biggest problems with today's society is media personalities abusing their platforms. They should be held accountable when possible.

Societal wrongs

1. Media celebrities talking on media - sometimes having an opinion
    2. Pol Pot
    3. Pedophiles
    4. Politicians selling their people, country and future for a money.
    9999995311785. People on forums who think the entire world revolves their world view and forum of choice
  • Options
    If you actually cared about Carrie you would have quietly PM'd a member of the team, not written a public post. Sounds more like someone just trying to stir things up.

So let his fans who missed the video be blissfully unaware that he crossed the line?
  • Options
    G20 wrote: »
    Shockers wrote: »
    Dear EA,

It is time for you to end your relationship with the Youtuber known as Mobilegamer. If you are not aware, yesterday, he published a hit piece about one of your recently departed employees in which he spitefully asserted falsehoods about the reasons for said employees departure. While he has since taken the piece down from general view, that video now is floating in the permanent internet ether.

Not only was the video incredibly unprofessional, but it also could be viewed by your former employee as a potential civil tort if it should prove to be injurious to said employees professional reputation. A continued relationship with this Youtuber by your company could be viewed as tacit approval of the contents of his video. As such, I would give serious consideration to removing all of his access to the game.

Thank you for your time.

If you aren’t the affected party, maybe you should leave it alone.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”

I'd suggest putting your energy and efforts to more important matters then. Such as helping the Palestinian people end occupation of their land.
    Just a thought

That's not really my swim lane. Impact what you can ;)
  • Shadroth
    160 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    @Crackling_Doom
    Yep, I read that bit but the op said it’s “floating in the permanent internet ether”...
    I can’t find it though, perhaps I’m looking on the wrong internet...
  • Options
    You really dont get it do you.

Ditto.
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    This thread just keeps getting better (?).
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Are the moderators still asleep you think?
  • Mr_Sausage
    1869 posts Member
    Options
    Way too many "bro's" in this thread.
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    Mr_Sausage wrote: »
    Way too many "bro's" in this fourm.

What you should have said.
  • Options
    Number of people who saw the video originally: 5.
    Number of people who searched for the video after seeing this thread: 1872.
    Congrats for taking a video that nobody knew or cared about and, having blown it out of proportion, made it larger. Of course, we'll have to take your word for it since nobody can find it.
  • Options
    Number of people who saw the video originally: 5.
    Number of people who searched for the video after seeing this thread: 1872.
    Congrats for taking a video that nobody knew or cared about and, having blown it out of proportion, made it larger. Of course, we'll have to take your word for it since nobody can find it.

The video had several thousand views and roughly 1872 mostly vile comments prior to its deletion.
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    Number of TVF's that didn't look for the video: Me
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options
    Dear EA,

Thank you for your time.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”
    You think you are doing good in this world by having EA stop mobilegamer from using test accounts

lmao
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    Dear EA,

Thank you for your time.

You think you are doing good in this world by having EA stop mobilegamer from using test accounts

lmao

Hyperbole to be sure. But I doubt there would have been understanding if it was just dismissed as a fallacious appeal to privacy.
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    Options
    leef wrote: »
    I must say, the people in this thread going hard for mobile gamer aren't really doing him a favour. It mainly makes his fanbase look like a bunch of immature namecallers, haha.

Also the vile comments about women in the thread there was eye opening about certain people

Exposing real views or just internet toxicity hard to say anymore

Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    Options
    Closing this thread as it's just providing an excuse for people to bash each other at this point.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
This discussion has been closed.