GAC Feats - Please Stop the "Today ONLY!" Ones

Prev1
Nikoms565
14242 posts Member
edited July 2019
With the wide variance in opponent rosters within a bracket at least allow players the strategic decision about which match up they'd like to attempt a given feat instead of continuing to prescribe play with feats that have a "this match only" timer.

I realize some of these "lesser" feats are paltry rewards anyway (honestly, GAC rewards in general are pretty lame) - but being able to make meaningful decisions is what makes games fun. And no, I don't consider "Oh well, I'll skip this one" that kind of strategic, meaningful decision.
In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
*This space left intentionally blank*

Replies

• Options
    Yea these faction feats need to go
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

I don't even mind the idea of faction feats - just give players some strategic decision as to which of 3 rounds they want to attempt to complete it

Allowing players to decide how to play is usually a better experience then prescribing play to them.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    Agreed, now almost all competetive people are gonna use either bugs or gg on offense. It makes for more predictable matches.
  • Ultra
    11542 posts Moderator
    Options
    I want to use my two sep teams on defense

I don't like being told to weaken my defense
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »

U said what i was thinkin... obviously no one is forcing us, but let's be real here ;)
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

U said what i was thinkin... obviously no one is forcing us, but let's be real here ;)

Yep - since it's a competition, if you don't, your behind everyone who does.

• Options
    We are talking about 80 GA points and 25 currency. These rewards are so minimal that in the end it's not going to matter whether you did the feat or not.
  • Options

This is my biggest complaint for various reasons. Don’t tell me how to play my matches. Don’t make us use faction X for offense. Don’t give us more points for offensive matches vs defensive matches. I miss when we just played 3 matches to win and it was done and we started all over again.
  • Ultra
    11542 posts Moderator
    Options
    We are talking about 80 GA points and 25 currency. These rewards are so minimal that in the end it's not going to matter whether you did the feat or not.
    80 points is more than you can get in a single offensive victory (64)

You can't get to kyber without clearing feats and the more feats you do the more losses you can have
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

You skipped the second paragraph of the OP.

• Ultra
    11542 posts Moderator
    Options
    Speaking of which, I didn't notice it was a one day feat until Nikoms pointed it out

That's very bad. It all depends on RNG if you get a weak opponent or not in your first round

it should be 3 battles long (a week) at the minimum in my opinion
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    I also noticed the Sepy ship one was one day - about 45 minutes before it expired. :D Threw in GS and SF with my usual fleet, let the battle drag on - brought those two in to finish off some weak ships. Completed the feat with about 10 minutes to spare.

• Options
    If you complete feats quicker does it give you more feats then other people who haven't completed the feat yet? Or do the build up regardless of if you best them ?
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

You skipped the second paragraph of the OP.

I guess I disagree with the last sentence of OPs post. Not being able to complete one of these feats is the outcome of larger strategic decisions. If you don't feel like you can use that team on offense, you are making a risk/reward decision.
  • Options
    So you want feats that you like and don’t want those feats that you will have trouble doing?
  • Options

I love the Feat using Clone Troopers. Mine are all G12 with great Mods. My non Zeta 4 star G8 Shaak-Ti has helped me win several battles in GA. Can’t wait to get her geared up and max.
  • Options
    Does it matter right.now if you get to Kyber (or any higher division) right now? Isnt this still an "exhibition" and they'll be wiping everyones scores again soon anyway?
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    Does it matter right.now if you get to Kyber (or any higher division) right now? Isnt this still an "exhibition" and they'll be wiping everyones scores again soon anyway?

You still get all the rewards contained within and the difference is rather significant.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Angelloyd wrote: »
    So you want feats that you like and don’t want those feats that you will have trouble doing?

I won't have trouble doing them. I've completed all the feats. I would simply prefer the strategic option as to which of the 3 matches to attempt them, rather than being forced to complete it today.

I know, crazy righr? Wanting to play my roster and GAC with some strategy instead of being put on rails. Players playing the game instead of being told how to play it - revolutionary stuff. :D
    Post edited by Nikoms565 on

• Options
    I feel like I could do an essay on how silly some of these feats are.

PLEASE don't tie arena modes to feats, because everyone just tanks and suffers. It makes arena so cheap. I am at the point already where I just don't care. I'd rather work on arena and get the gems and currency from there, instead of the coins from GAC store. Honestly.

I'm not going to ruin a week of progress for 50 coins. The feats, the accounting and thought behind the effort required to complete a feat, it's an absolute joke how CG has evaluated that compensation. This also extends to division rewards, league tier rewards, it's an absolute joke right now. It shows a lack of understanding, a lack of experience of what players need at what GP level.
  • Options
    I'll say two things.
    1. I'm usually not about complaining but I think you make a very valid point here. One day feats that are faction specific do more harm than good. My guess is it is too keep people from just dropping bugs on D.

2. Secondly, don't forget this is still a trial event. All scores will reset at the end of the 5 or 6 week or however long it is. I'm sure these feats are not static and may get swapped out before the real deal hits
  • Options

I love the Feat using Clone Troopers. Mine are all G12 with great Mods. My non Zeta 4 star G8 Shaak-Ti has helped me win several battles in GA. Can’t wait to get her geared up and max.

I used my gear 7 Rex lead with my gear 5 fives and my gear 4 clone Sargent with Malak lol
  • Options
    spoiler alert: don't do the feats then
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Nadebotfm wrote: »

Why does everyone skip the second paragraph? :D

• Options
    nabokovfan wrote: »
    I feel like I could do an essay on how silly some of these feats are.

PLEASE don't tie arena modes to feats, because everyone just tanks and suffers. It makes arena so cheap. I am at the point already where I just don't care. I'd rather work on arena and get the gems and currency from there, instead of the coins from GAC store. Honestly.

I'm not going to ruin a week of progress for 50 coins. The feats, the accounting and thought behind the effort required to complete a feat, it's an absolute joke how CG has evaluated that compensation. This also extends to division rewards, league tier rewards, it's an absolute joke right now. It shows a lack of understanding, a lack of experience of what players need at what GP level.

This.
  • Options
    Nadebotfm wrote: »

Why does everyone skip the second paragraph? :D

Some people only read headlines...
  • kello_511
    1648 posts Member
    Options

I won't have trouble doing them. I've completed all the feats. I would simply prefer the strategic option as to which of the 3 matches to attempt them, rather than being forced to complete it today.

I know, crazy righr? Wanting to play my roster and GAC with some strategy instead of being put on rails. Players playing the game instead of being told how to play it - revolutionary stuff. :D

Choosing whether or not to complete the feats is also a part of the strategy though.
    This game has always been about making one choice at the expense of another. In the early stages it’s “who should I farm?”, later it becomes “should I follow up on the toons for that legendary I just missed it prepare for the next?” Always asking ourselves “who should get this stun gun that every single toon needs”. “Should I focus on raid toons, Tb or arena toons”? “Who should I get to G13”? “Mods or slicing mats?” “Sacrifice offensive toons for a strong defense or not?” Etc. Etc.

The fact that the newest game mode also puts us in a situation of choosing which feats to pursue (or whether they are even worth it or not) should not come as a surprise.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    kello_511 wrote: »

Choosing whether or not to complete the feats is also a part of the strategy though.
    This game has always been about making one choice at the expense of another. In the early stages it’s “who should I farm?”, later it becomes “should I follow up on the toons for that legendary I just missed it prepare for the next?” Always asking ourselves “who should get this stun gun that every single toon needs”. “Should I focus on raid toons, Tb or arena toons”? “Who should I get to G13”? “Mods or slicing mats?” “Sacrifice offensive toons for a strong defense or not?” Etc. Etc.

The fact that the newest game mode also puts us in a situation of choosing which feats to pursue (or whether they are even worth it or not) should not come as a surprise.

So you think it's a choice at the competetive edge? With a few exceptions most of these feats are hoops CG is making us go through and anyone who wants to compete in gac does so. Those do not care doesn't.

But it's most definitely not an open buffet like overarching, long term things your described about the game. I've yet to see a single player that decided to compete, but doesn't feel like bothering with doing all the feats.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    kello_511 wrote: »

But that's the issue. Realistically, if you're trying to compete, if it's 1 day only, you really have no choice. That's what I am asking for - a choice. Not more prescribed play.