Story mode

C3Peio
37 posts Member
I know it's a lot to ask and it probably won't happen, but I've been thinking what would make this game awesome for me, and I might be the only one, but I'd kill for some kind of story mode. What I used to love about mobile games (Angry Birds, for example) is that you could take it anytime, play for as long as you liked, and stop anytime; could be while taking a load off at work, could be for a long road trip. And that is something I'm missing from this game.

I see it as a kind of (almost or totally) rewardless cantina, with "neverending" levels, for very little energy per battle (or no energy at all), so that you can really make use of your toons, goof around, have something to do at idle moments, without a goal.

It would also work great as the long asked for sandbox mode.

Replies

• Options
    "And how'd devs make money on that?" Frequently asked question. It is only thing that matters for them.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Strojař wrote: »
    "And how'd devs make money on that?" Frequently asked question. It is only thing that matters for them.

No it's not, but from the games inception it was always described to buck the story line and allow more of a sandbox feel. I think we have gotten away from that with more unified teams and factions, but still that was the general concept.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    C3Peio wrote: »
    I see it as a kind of (almost or totally) rewardless cantina, with "neverending" levels, for very little energy per battle (or no energy at all), so that you can really make use of your toons, goof around, have something to do at idle moments, without a goal.

I'm confused by what you want because this sounds to me like the opposite of a story mode. You can't possibly have never ending levels if you expect them to contain a story.
  • C3Peio
    37 posts Member
    Options
    Liath wrote: »

I'm confused by what you want because this sounds to me like the opposite of a story mode. You can't possibly have never ending levels if you expect them to contain a story.

I didn't mean "story" in the sense of "plot", and I get what you're saying. Probably "story mode" wasn't the best name. Forget plot, forget progress; what I really meant is rewardless cantina, with "neverending" levels, for very little energy per battle. Call it whatever. May be @Kyno fell for the same literal reading. I feel AngryBirds is an easy way to see what I mean; that game has a plot, kind of, but no one cares; it's about playing whenever you feel, as much as you want, using more teams, against diferent enemies,
  • Options
    I agree that sandbox mode with increasing difficulty would be cool. But I would also love a more themed actual story mode to play through. Any content that is PvE would be much appreciated really.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    Oh dang I thought you meant story mode. I want a story mode. It makes money by requiring certain characters to play each leg of the story, with a big exciting reward at the end. My idea is basically a bunch of longer heroes journeys.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Yes, there is a huge difference between a sandbox mode and a story mode. They are quite the opposite.
  • Beaks
    73 posts Member
    Options
    @C3Peio

Story Mode; Star Wars EP Mobile. ( whatever )
    This would be a chance to bring in a whole new story and brand new characters that could be used for it. When you finish it you get its exclusive toon/s for beating it.
    Kicker is multiple toons multiple plays. Say 20 toons, 5 in a squad, 2 always have to take so leaves 3 that can be unlocked. ( after 1st play. )
    Exclusive Gear.
    Possible create own toon leader for it.
    Potential there.
    $$$ there.

Another Kicker, we get to keep our character we made and for every class ( Sith, Jedi, Bounty Hunter, Etc... ) change toon restarts at LV 1 for that class. If first play was a say Bounty Hunter you chose, 2nd play (IF) you choose a new Class you start over because simply your toon has no experience say being a Jedi. But say if you wanna go back to being a BH all your hard earned work will still be there. Just new class have to just build up just like a new character.

Fun twist. For advanced players who created character has multiple ( say 4-5 ) classes maxed can mend abilities.
    Example; Max Jedi/Sith=Grey.

End of my rant.
  • Options
    They don't care what you want. You get what they give you and like it... It's the only way you're getting to enjoy Star Wars. The EA way.
  • C3Peio
    37 posts Member
    Options
    Nihion wrote: »
    Oh dang I thought you meant story mode. I want a story mode. It makes money by requiring certain characters to play each leg of the story, with a big exciting reward at the end. My idea is basically a bunch of longer heroes journeys.
    I agree that sandbox mode with increasing difficulty would be cool. But I would also love a more themed actual story mode to play through. Any content that is PvE would be much appreciated really.

Oh, don't get me wrong; I'd LOVE a really long Hero's Journey, that connects all movies and TV shows. I'd love a real Story mode. But I don't ask for that much (that probably looks more like a SWGOH 2); I'd settle for a few hundred new cantina fights, or a really long GW; don't event want any rewards, I'd be happy just by having the chance to play for, I don't know, a full 2hr bus-drive or whatever. They can even make up a silly plot (remember we're playing a character who's playing in the holotables, so anything can go), like "Where are the Kyber crystals?", and first yo use Dark side to "steal" them, then Light Side to retrieve them. Whatever.
  • veejayti
    168 posts Member
    Options
    I know it's a lot to ask and it probably won't happen, but I've been thinking what would make this game awesome for me, and I might be the only one, but I'd kill for some kind of story mode. What I used to love about mobile games (Angry Birds, for example) is that you could take it anytime, play for as long as you liked, and stop anytime; could be while taking a load off at work, could be for a long road trip. And that is something I'm missing from this game.

It would also work great as the long asked for sandbox mode.

• veejayti
    168 posts Member
    Options
    Most of the games available events/modes (whatever) play off of an existing storyline anyway, Geo territory episode 2 all day, hoth episode 5, certain events ressurect classic battles throughout star wars lore, I think a direct story will actually bog things down a bit. I would love a sandbox mode though don't get me wrong.
  • Options
    Seems like daydreaming for me.
    I love "zen mode"/"endless mode"/whatever though, don't get me wrong
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • dlv1986
    401 posts Member
    Options
    Extended.gw