GAC - insanely unbalanced!!!!!

Prev1
Grand Arena Championships seems completely and utterly unbalanced!! I went wide in my character acquisition, to have FUN in this game, but my the last two people I got matched with have 115k power top tier arena squads with Revan and D.Revan..... how is that even a competition?? I mean, this guy had 13 zetas on one squad!!! I only have about 15 zetas TOTAL!

GAC is a broken, frustrating, system that only serves to disenfranchise me from this game!

Replies

• Options
    Is it possible to have 13 zetas on one team that still maintains synergy?
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    GAC matches are far more balanced than some of the matches, we saw in GA. If your opponent has a much higher GP arena squad than you, you must have higher GP characters among the remaining 'relevant' characters. Matchmaking in GA / GAC was never about a single team only. If your opponent has both Revans and you don't, then if course he should be able to benefit from them. After all he put in the effort (or cash) to unlock them. It's all good.
  • Options

Not really. 13 zetas is 3x3 and 2x2. You wouldn't have 3 of JKR/DR/JTR/CLS in the same squad.
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    tenor.gif?itemid=8126281
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    Nope. Highest that's ever been reasonable to even consider is JTR with CLS and Thrawn, but that was mostly a stopgap until you could replace CLS.
    Still not a he.
  • CHFC22
    732 posts Member
    Options
    Exaggerating kills posts
  • joelgs23
    251 posts Member
    Options
    My bad, it was 13 zetas in one territory, 8 on 1 team and 5 on the other. Sorry for the confusion.
  • Options
    How balanced does need to be for you to enjoy it?
  • joelgs23
    251 posts Member
    Options

Balanced enough that winning is possible. I don’t need to win, but when my opponents both had Revan, D. Revan and Malik, and I don’t have any..... or they can field top meta teams in the three visible squads and I can field only 1, then the game is not fun....
  • Options
    joelgs23 wrote: »

Balanced enough that winning is possible. I don’t need to win, but when my opponents both had Revan, D. Revan and Malik, and I don’t have any..... or they can field top meta teams in the three visible squads and I can field only 1, then the game is not fun....

Balanced enough that anyone that focused on better squads shouldn't be facing you?
    the excuse for not having revan has come and gone. he's been back three times, which means you didn't go after him.
  • Globuhl
    751 posts Member
    Options

It’s a global championship, you won’t play in your little bubble only playing people with flawed rosters and still climbing the ladder. Those guys have better rosters, took better decisions so they deserve to win and climb.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options

Your opponent chose to unlock Revan(s) - you didn't. Why didn't you?
  • Options
    Waqui wrote: »

Because you obviously have to be a kraken to have both Revans. Duh.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Options
    My bad, it was 13 zetas in one territory, 8 on 1 team and 5 on the other. Sorry for the confusion.

And? A single zeta Veers team can take out NS teams with 4-5 zetas. A single zeta Geo team can take out several tier 1 teams with X zetas. And so on and so on...
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    the excuse for not having revan has come and gone. he's been back three times, which means you didn't go after him.
    Four. It takes only a token effort to have JKR by now.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    YaeVizsla wrote: »

He's been back three times. If you're counting the release that makes four
  • uno
    150 posts Member
    Options
    if ur pouring ur resources into 'old' teams, that's on you....wanting to 'have a chance' to win in GA when ur so far behind the meta is unrealistic although in later rounds u should be matched against others in similar situations.
    as for me, i expect i'll get a match...win/lose/draw doesn't really matter as each presents its own challenge. they've been higher and lower gp, had revans or not...my last was missing jtr/cls/3po and more but still had a nice roster(made for lots of head scratching)....its kinda like when ur opp has a high tenacity nest and u put murderbears or clones on D...u just gave ur opp 63 banners
  • Stick
    647 posts Member
    Options
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    He said been back 3 times.
  • Options
    Legend91 wrote: »

And? A single zeta Veers team can take out NS teams with 4-5 zetas. A single zeta Geo team can take out several tier 1 teams with X zetas. And so on and so on...

If you think zVeers can take out a good NS team, you’re still stuck in early 2018 in this game. This is no longer the case for the most part. ;)
  • Options

Seriously? So many f2p have them. Self included
  • Options
    HansSnah wrote: »

If you think zVeers can take out a good NS team, you’re still stuck in early 2018 in this game. This is no longer the case for the most part. ;)

This is still very much the case. Nothing has changed with troopers or ns to make it not the case.
  • Options

Seriously? So many f2p have them. Self included

Not f2p but was f2p during dr and malak and got both first time around i just saved crystals to farm toons up and expected OR to be needed for another toon after dr plus they sre s decent defense tesm so i built them up cause of that
  • Stick
    647 posts Member
    Options
    HansSnah wrote: »

Yes it is the case. A 100k plus team of nightsisters is easily handled by a less powerful trooper team. Requires far less gold gear , far far fewer zetas , and a donkey can do it. I swear every few posts about meta has someone claiming their nightsisters are modded “just right “ to handle every team.

Now are you saying that you can fight and kill imperial troopers with your nightsisters ? I don’t doubt that. But there far fewer clear counters in this game.
  • Athen_Greeco
    142 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Speaking as a fat dolphin, the matchups now are better balanced with all of my matches so far— opposed to how it was before.

Before I would face zero opposing Revan teams. Now, I am and I am forced to strategize. I am facing much higher GP who are in different divisions — but overall it has been close matches

Is it perfect yet ? No. Your post mirrors what Urzatron faced recently with his opponent having a crap ton of g13s compared to his few.

_____

I do think there should be different game modes that give favor to the differing types— one mode benefits the condensed, focused player; another mode, having a robust roster would be the ideal. (TB doesn’t really count as that is just dumping)

As is... with the set # of placements, it doesn’t matter as much with the amount, but the quality

*** it would be interesting if there was a version where MORE defenses were required thus giving those players the advantage

• NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Grand Arena Championships seems completely and utterly unbalanced!! I went wide in my character acquisition, to have FUN in this game, but my the last two people I got matched with have 115k power top tier arena squads with Revan and D.Revan..... how is that even a competition?? I mean, this guy had 13 zetas on one squad!!! I only have about 15 zetas TOTAL!

GAC is a broken, frustrating, system that only serves to disenfranchise me from this game!

Grand Arena Championships last four weeks and each one has three rounds. You face 12 people total. If only one has a better roster than you, then congratulations.

EDIT: My bad, two of the nine you’ve faced so far have had better rosters. Were you really expecting to go 12-0 in every grand arena championship? Wouldn’t that be a sign things are LESS balanced?
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • DadKev
    314 posts Member
    Options
    Very fair and balanced for me. It's been fun outstratigizing my opponent for the win.
  • SithAmer
    227 posts Member
    Options
    I have 2.77 GP and my next match is with a 3.5 GP!
  • Gannon
    1636 posts Member
    Options
    SithAmer wrote: »
    I have 2.77 GP and my next match is with a 3.5 GP!

How does that matter? Where have you been? Your top usable# thegp is same. You'll have a fighting chance regardless in every single match you fight. 😆
  • CosmicJ
    348 posts Member
    Options
    My problem is i expected GAC to be a ladder, it just made sense to me that this would be the most fair way to do it. But it's not a ladder. You kinda keep fighting people at your roster level(ish) start to finish.

Every fight is tough now, and close. Good for a challenge for sure, but not so for rewards. I actually shaped my roster to be good at GA and i **** well was... then CG changed the rules. It's even now, but what they did is anything but fair.
  • GroggY
    33 posts Member
    Options
    @CosmicJ
    So you say it is unfair because you have now close matches?

Kind of trolling I guess

@Topic Matchmaking is by now the best. Hope they keep it like it is. But there is so much crying going on... :(