Jango event

Prev1
I know that jango is now easily farmable, but do we expect to ever see his event again? I think I failed a tier or two and wouldn’t mind going again

Replies

• Options
    it was marquee wasnt it? marquee events are one time events
  • Options
    I thought it was slightly different to a marquee
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Hantal86 wrote: »

They called it "Marquee Plus," it just had a bit of extra loot beyond the shards. Apparently they scrapped the idea of doing this with marquees going forward as none of them since have had the extra drops.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    I know that jango is now easily farmable, but do we expect to ever see his event again? I think I failed a tier or two and wouldn’t mind going again

I wouldn’t count on it. It was a premium Marquee event that they gave good rewards for because of how much he was requested and that was their way of making up for it not being a legendary.

Honestly if they did this for new characters as a normal marquee then people would be more likely to buy the marquee packs and a normal price. But oh well 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Options

He became farmable on 2018/12/05 there is no excuse to not have him 7* by now. Even if you missed a couple of tiers for his marquee event. Priorities.
  • Options
    I liked the Marquee plus event and wish they would do more of them. Boba was my only geared BH back then so it was a father son outing where everyone else died in the first round.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options

He became farmable on 2018/12/05 there is no excuse to not have him 7* by now. Even if you missed a couple of tiers for his marquee event. Priorities.

So "priorities" means "everybody should have had the exact same priorities I had"?
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options

I agree with your last sentence.

I'm just finishing my Jango now. I had other priorities.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    I don't even have JTR yet, let alone the Revans, etc. We all have different priorities.
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • Options
    Jarvind wrote: »

They called it "Marquee Plus," it just had a bit of extra loot beyond the shards. Apparently they scrapped the idea of doing this with marquees going forward as none of them since have had the extra drops.

It was universally praised.

Of course it wasn't done again.
  • Options
    I really wish they would come up with "make up marques" just for those who missed them, farming those first 50 shards from zero sucks
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    I really wish they would come up with "make up marques" just for those who missed them, farming those first 50 shards from zero sucks

Honestly, it’s not that bad. I don’t see why long time players can’t have that small advantage.
  • Options
    Nihion wrote: »

Honestly, it’s not that bad. I don’t see why long time players can’t have that small advantage.

What advantages don't long time players have?
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options

They did say they want to implement some new-player-friendly measures, and this would actually be a great way of doing it. Ideally I suppose players who already have the character unlocked could get some alternative reward, though I wouldn't hold my breath on that.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• j0nny
    21 posts Member
    Options
    Nihion wrote: »

What advantages don't long time players have?

"fluff" and legacy zetas that have slipped into obscurity, e.g. qui gon jinn
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Fluff isn't a disadvantage anymore though.

EDIT: I suppose there's an argument that it is from an opportunity cost.
  • Options
    Easily farmable?!!?!!

6* to 6* 62 has taken me 6 weeks of daily, 100 energy. That means 4,200 energy for 62 shards!!! This is crazy, an average of 67 energy for one shard, of one character. How about the other 20+ characters I need to level up, as well as others that would be useful too?

It takes AGES to get a single character up.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    Kameleonic wrote: »
    Easily farmable?!!?!!

6* to 6* 62 has taken me 6 weeks of daily, 100 energy. That means 4,200 energy for 62 shards!!! This is crazy, an average of 67 energy for one shard, of one character. How about the other 20+ characters I need to level up, as well as others that would be useful too?

It takes AGES to get a single character up.

Refreshes.
  • Kameleonic
    241 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    As I said, I have other characters that must be levelled. I cannot afford to use crystals on one character alone.

PS: the fact remains, it costs too much to get something that does little in the scheme of things.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    That's part of resource management. We all have to do it.
  • Options
    Still missing the point: the cost is exceedingly high for so little return.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    "Easily farmable" is a relatve term.

Not agreeing with the point /= missing the point.

Good luck with your future farms.
  • Siegfried_Dark1
    59 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Options

The OP is just asking a question. You don't have to be condescending.
    Post edited by Fauztin on
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

Easily farmable? Define please. I posted no suggestion to anything easy. I stated clearly how unreasonably difficult it is.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    Easily farmable if you wanted him done by now.

I'm two shards from finished and I waited forever to start him, and I haven't even been doing refreshes for most of the farm.

Last reply. My apologies for making one more when I implied I wouldn't.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Kameleonic wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

Easily farmable? Define please. I posted no suggestion to anything easy. I stated clearly how unreasonably difficult it is.

It's not difficult, it just takes a while (198 days on average at 5 attempts a day starting from zero shards). If you want to speed it up then you spend crystals. If you don't want to spend crystals you accept that it takes a while. There's nothing unreasonable about it.
  • Options
    That node also has Hound's Tooth shards and Stun Cuffs. It is arguably the best normal energy node in the game. Definitely worth 25 crystals per day for a refresh, or at least not the most painful farm out there.
  • Options

For clarity I have farmed him despite him not being a huge priority. However, I recall the event being more challenging and interesting than a standard marquee so would like the chance to go back and complete the missing tiers
  • Options
    It would be great if they actually did something like that, like the nightsister events