CG did us a solid!!!

Replies

• Options
    YaeVizsla wrote: »

a60jhqpr4w0l.jpg

All the programmers know that's a bit bucket.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    Austin9370 wrote: »
    Maybe CG wasn't as out to get the playerbase as all the complainers think? Sometimes patience is good.

What a way to twist this! The playerbase wasn't wrong, and patience didn't make this happen. Quite the opposite. Consistent complaining about it for a long period of time did. If players were just patient and didn't make a fuss, this would not have happened. Period. If you believe otherwise, you're frankly not being honest with anyone, including yourself.
    what CG did here was improve something no one complained about

I’ve never seen anyone complain about the daily rewards being poor

If someone did it wasn’t consistently, once in a blue moon or a long period of time ago

I’m sure you can prove me wrong by providing multiple people complaining that the daily rewards need to be improved in the past few weeks to back up your claims

This is an outright lie. People have been complaining about the relevance of daily rewards on the forums for months and months now. The currency (scrap) for the relic system is based entirely on this complaint.
  • Kryptic
    109 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    @Shaddes does the introduction of Kyrotech to daily rewards not please you?

I’m not saying that the whole “making gearing easier” is fully accomplished(maybe this is it from CG’s perspective). However, this is still a definite improvement, and helps in our kryotech farms.
  • Options
    Now the apologists - the usual suspects, by the way - are claiming the playerbase hasn't been complaining about gear bottlenecks, long grinds, and the lack of kyros for an extended period of time.

Each and every one of you knows the above to be true. Each and every one of those who quoted me thus far has previously defended the above, likely many times, to my recollection, meaning you're denying the existence of posts to which you yourselves have responded.

This is the definition is intellectual dishonesty. There is no point whatsoever trying to have an actual back-and-forth with you if you're going to engage in that manner.

People complained about lack of needed gear, bottlenecks, etc. ad nauseum. This is a much-needed response to that.

Don't even bother man, they're not worried about being dishonest, and there's no point trying to hold them accountable for it. The forums are dominated by these sorts of people. Almost always whales/highest tier players (which are also whales) who have upwards of 2000 posts. They always get to play contrarian when someone complains because they've bought themselves to a point where the game presents no grind, frustrations or challenges for them.

It presents pretty interesting opportunities for experiments in consumer psychology though.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Options
    Well this thread proves that no matter what CG does there will always be those who twist and manipulate anything good in a negative light. Meanwhile I'm going to enjoy my bucket of guacamole and dig in
  • Options
    Now the apologists - the usual suspects, by the way - are claiming the playerbase hasn't been complaining about gear bottlenecks, long grinds, and the lack of kyros for an extended period of time.

Each and every one of you knows the above to be true. Each and every one of those who quoted me thus far has previously defended the above, likely many times, to my recollection, meaning you're denying the existence of posts to which you yourselves have responded.

This is the definition is intellectual dishonesty. There is no point whatsoever trying to have an actual back-and-forth with you if you're going to engage in that manner.

People complained about lack of needed gear, bottlenecks, etc. ad nauseum. This is a much-needed response to that.

I’m going to try and mediate the 2 sides. We’ll see how this goes.

To start, yes, there have been countless posts about the difficulty of the gear bottlenecks for a long time.

This may, and probably did influence CG to start planning and developing a way to ease the gear burden when CG said they first introduced the relic system on the forums. Hopefully this is the case as it would show they listen to its player base at times.

It is possible that the complaints led to CG creating a way to reduce the gear burden and use that to plan and stage their next “big update” with the relics(which I still don’t like completely, due to the G13 requirement).

Simply put, the complaints and feedback from the players may have been the catalyst that drove CG to plan on a way to ease the gear burden.

Just my thoughts on the matter.
  • Options
    Level 90 incoming!! :D
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    I dont see the fuss about that item of gear,i need a million stun guns to reach that point that i need that one even if i had a hero that will need kyrotechs in the future,so,good for most players,but whatever.
    Give me the option to get stun guns from there and you can keep the kyrotechs.
  • Options
    Calagon wrote: »
    Don't even bother man, they're not worried about being dishonest, and there's no point trying to hold them accountable for it. The forums are dominated by these sorts of people. Almost always whales/highest tier players (which are also whales) who have upwards of 2000 posts. They always get to play contrarian when someone complains because they've bought themselves to a point where the game presents no grind, frustrations or challenges for them.

It presents pretty interesting opportunities for experiments in consumer psychology though.
    F2P, here.

That you decide we must not only be spenders, but whales who've bought our way to dominance because we're generally positive about a game we enjoy and we're doing well in-game is telling, though.

I assure you, I still have challenges. I still have grinds. I still have frustrations. If I didn't, I would have gotten bored of this game a long time ago. The challenges of long-term resource management are the game. And I'm here to play the game.
    Still not a he.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Options
    I see several people confusing daily activity rewards with challenge rewards. This is about the rewards that you receive from completing daily activities .
  • Options
    A guildmate said he got the new gear but didn’t get the omega. Is that something anyone else is experiencing?
  • Stick
    647 posts Member
    Options
    Tag someone who thinks the devs are just out to get us. @BaldingHead90
  • Atzel
    56 posts Member
    Options
    3 a day when they forced 100 for every charecter in the game to be competetive

People cheering about this remind me of my reggaeton friends...

• Options
    Stick wrote: »
    Tag someone who thinks the devs are just out to get us. @BaldingHead90

Tag me
  • Ultra
    11541 posts Moderator
    Options
    Calagon wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Maybe CG wasn't as out to get the playerbase as all the complainers think? Sometimes patience is good.

What a way to twist this! The playerbase wasn't wrong, and patience didn't make this happen. Quite the opposite. Consistent complaining about it for a long period of time did. If players were just patient and didn't make a fuss, this would not have happened. Period. If you believe otherwise, you're frankly not being honest with anyone, including yourself.
    what CG did here was improve something no one complained about

I’ve never seen anyone complain about the daily rewards being poor

If someone did it wasn’t consistently, once in a blue moon or a long period of time ago

I’m sure you can prove me wrong by providing multiple people complaining that the daily rewards need to be improved in the past few weeks to back up your claims

This is an outright lie. People have been complaining about the relevance of daily rewards on the forums for months and months now. The currency (scrap) for the relic system is based entirely on this complaint.
    Link me

You're thinking about weekly challenge gear (mace windu's challenge gear or tank rewards for example) rather than dailies
  • Options
    Atzel wrote: »
    3 a day when they forced 100 for every charecter in the game to be competetive

People cheering about this remind me of my reggaeton friends...

3 a day is a lot better than when it was 0 a day from dailies.
    Yes the amount isn't crazy high, but they didn't have to add the kryotech to the daily rewards, so I will be grateful for the increase in kryotechs I earn.
  • Corrog
    308 posts Member
    Options
    All your arguments over whether it was CG responding to complaints aside, this alone will inspire me to complete arena battles every day, where I wouldn't before.

Thanks CG :)
  • Options
    Does this mean Peter Bahama was right all along? Or is it unrelated?
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    Does this mean Peter Bahama was right all along? Or is it unrelated?

He's currently composing a post about how it's unfair that his advantage from farming kryos the hard way is being ripped away by giving them to undeserving people for free.
  • TVF
    36662 posts Member
    Options
    2000 posts is nothing.

Stun guns!
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    They took away the syringe that is still a kick in the butt
    Jpfit262 wrote: »
    Hidden inside the notes about today’s update was this little nugget...
    n554shp416xb.jpeg
    .... That’s 21 kyro pieces a week .... thank you CG!!

• Options
    Chewy88 wrote: »
    They took away the syringe that is still a kick in the butt

Meh, I haven't needed syringes in a long time. I am up to around 900 these days and it just keeps going up.
  • Options
    Can't complain about this
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    YetiYeti wrote: »
    Can't complain about this

Too late. They already did.
  • Options
    I still need Syringes all the time, I can't imagine who doesn't. There are a number of toons who still require them at g11.

That said, they aren't the same level of bottleneck as other items, and I'm happy to have them replaced by things that are MORE useful. That doesn't mean I see them as useless, just that what I'm getting instead is better, so I'm happy.
  • Options

21 a week, son that's like a month and a half for 1 piece what are you talking about
  • Options
    3 a day is more than I get from a full energy refill, so this is a great change.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Options

21 a week, son that's like a month and a half for 1 piece what are you talking about

You're getting 21 free salvage a week for gear that is heavily needed and you're still complaining?

Ok...