Guild Reported?

Prev1
SmokeyJoe320
931 posts Member
edited September 2019
Anyone know what happens if someone reports your guild? We haven't had a new member join in about 5-6 weeks which has never happened before. I put a post on the EA help board and EA MindTricks said he looked into it and it looks like everything is normal. Give it some more time. That was over a week ago. So I opened an EA support ticket and it was closed within an hour and I never got a reply. Very frustrating. We are stuck at 46 people and have some dead weight that needs to go.

I am genuinely curious as to what the report button does. We have one rule in our guild regarding our HAAT raid and the people that don't follow it get booted. It's the only way to make that raid work. But sometimes they get booted mid TW or TB and lose out on those rewards as well. So I can see someone reporting us out of spite even though we aren't doing anything shady.

It is the only thing I can think of why we are no longer getting members to join. I also have a recruitment message up in the other forum. I'm thinking no one is finding our guild for some reason.

Anyone ever experience this?

Replies

• Options
    Yes. We have lost folks over the last couple of months and no one is joining. It's been easily 6-8 weeks since we had any one new.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Options
    Been very slow for quite a while for us.

Idk if it's true, but I've heard changing your setting from open to invite only and back to open helps "reset" so it becomes visible when ppl are searching... doesn't hurt to try lol
  • Options
    I had heard that as well. We did that about 3-4 weeks ago, no change.
  • SmokeyJoe320
    931 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Interesting. There have been a few others that have said the same thing about no joiners too. Not sure what to do. There is definitely something going on though.
  • Ultra
    11514 posts Moderator
    Options
    But sometimes they get booted mid TW or TB and lose out on those rewards as well.
    This is the worst legal thing in the game imo

Om-Topic - finding new recruits have been tough in this game and there are tons of guilds competing to get the good ones
  • SmokeyJoe320
    931 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    But sometimes they get booted mid TW or TB and lose out on those rewards as well.
    This is the worst legal thing in the game imo

Om-Topic - finding new recruits have been tough in this game and there are tons of guilds competing to get the good ones

We take any recruits lol. Just no Mol Elizas.

We have a pretty easy rule to follow. Our one rule is to target 1M in HAAT. The top 3 people who get closest to that get to take 1st, 2nd, 3rd next raid. It keeps the raid open for a while and gives everyone an equal shot at taking a top spot every other raid. Seems pretty fair right? Otherwise that raid closes in 20 minutes and everyone is ****.

But occasionally someone will ignore that and shoot for like 5M and screw everything up. They get booted but are usually welcome back if they want... they just can't collect the rewards for breaking the rules that raid. Everyone follows it no problem but I've noticed that people break that rule more often when we are in the middle of a TW because I am hesitant to boot people then and hurt the TW. But the only way to get them to follow that one rule is to stick to it at all times. So some people get booted during the TW or TB. Fair is fair.

But I can see someone getting prickly over that and hitting the report button out of anger. I am wondering if that is what is going on here.

• Options
    There’s thousands of guilds - like tens of thousands. Folks ain’t gonna join weak guilds.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • SmokeyJoe320
    931 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    There’s thousands of guilds - like tens of thousands. Folks ain’t gonna join weak guilds.

LOL we are a day 1 guild, 140M in total GP, doing heroics. Not our problem here. Those last 2-3 spots used to turn over daily. Then it just stopped. Poof! It is not normal.
  • DaarthBrewer
    1961 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    I have to agree with Ultra about the number of guilds competing for solid recruits. The last guy that joined got booted for acting like he was on the forum and attacking guildies in Discord. If I want to read that kind of stuff I come here.

Edit to add, I missed @SnakesOnAPlane comment and OP response, I guess that you have to do something to stand out from all those thousands. We are also not a weak guild, but something did change a few months back.
  • SmokeyJoe320
    931 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    LOL... funny guild name. ^^

We had one member join and immediately start complaining about everything and everyone. But he was very active and had a good roster so he stuck around awhile. But he eventually got booted because he was soooo annoying and broke our rule. He didn't get any slack. I'm wondering if some spiteful people like that can report us and cause issues.

So I am really curious, if someone does report the guild or you individually, do you get a warning or a message? Do they just take the other person's word for it? What is the protocol? (Even if this isn't the cause of our guild issue).
  • Options
    Ha, ya, I suspect our Guild name is the biggest draw. I was actually thinking of starting my own thread on this subject.
  • Options
    We can’t stop players from joining. Doesn’t matter how many I boot, we always having new members join when there is space. Try changing what your outward message says. It sounds silly , but at various times I have changed it and geared its wording towards the people I’m trying to get.
    You know , like just being sort of robotic and saying “____ power, heroic sith raid. must have revan” only gets you so far. It’s very common to see. Try and appear human. I know it sounds very very lame. But it works for us.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Being reported doesnt change anything about your guild.

Recruiting is hard and is not getting any easier the longer time goes on.
  • TVF
    36611 posts Member
    Options
    140m doesn't sound that high for a launch guild. Possibly not relevant to the discussion but you did bring it up.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • BobcatSkywalker
    2194 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »

So u agree the game is losing players at a alarming rate? We lost 7 people across 2 guilds last week... not to other guilds they just quit and we were already at 48 for the last 2 weeks. My guild is ranked 32 in the leaderboard for raids yet still not a single recruit in over a month...

We would be over 200m gp when full also so it's not gp
  • TVF
    36611 posts Member
    Options
    Recruiting has always been hard.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

So u agree the game is losing players at a alarming rate? We lost 7 people across 2 guilds last week... not to other guilds they just quit and we were already at 48 for the last 2 weeks. My guild is ranked 32 in the leaderboard for raids yet still not a single recruit in over a month...

No I dont agree, I wouldnt call 7/100 an alarming rate either.

I think the leader boards are a little misleading from a recruiting standpoint, players are not looking at them when looking for a guild, at least not from my experience.

• Stick
    647 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Options

That’s not an alarming rate. Not at all. 7 percent is very low , and how many were in each guild ? 5 in one 2 in another ? 6/1? Ect. Overly complex guild/alliances can be a turn off to some players as well I would argue. Put in your outward message “ casual “ and see if no one joins for a month.

Other factors could be guild name- which I expect is a big one , galactic power , language , timezone. Could be a lot of factors.
  • Options
    People always want to join the best guild they can, and that means joining a geo tb that can do minimum of 20*.
    Looking for 1 member with 3.5m+ GP roster to help in GEO TB; we are 185m guild who are 70-6 in TW.
  • Options
    People always want to join the best guild they can, and that means joining a geo tb that can do minimum of 20*.

No to all of that. Can’t make a blanket statement like that and also just the way you wrote that makes it sound like you have to join territory battles.
  • Options
    Stick wrote: »

That’s not an alarming rate. Not at all. 7 percent is very low , and how many were in each guild ? 5 in one 2 in another ? 6/1? Ect. Overly complex guild/alliances can be a turn off to some players as well I would argue. Put in your outward message “ casual “ and see if no one joins for a month.

Other factors could be guild name- which I expect is a big one , galactic power , language , timezone. Could be a lot of factors.

We have a casual guild it casually went down over the last year slowly from 50 to 40 30 20 now there is like 15 left no one joins ... we do heroic raids some 5m gp guys there no requirements... 2 years ago was strong 50 of 50 all the time.
  • Options
    @SmokeyJoe320 I’m in a ~215M GP guild, and recruitment has definitely become more difficult of late. But I don’t think it has anything to do with the report guild or search functions you’ve mentioned previously.

We’ve had a couple of members leave as they are giving up the game, and finding replacements is no mean feat. We have had an empty slot for around 2 weeks and only 1 person has requested to join through the in-game channels in that time. We have much more luck when using external recruitment tools like reddit, the forums or discord servers.

For what it’s worth, here’s my 2 cents:

1) if you’re serious about filling your empty slots and replacing some of your dead wood with better recruits, waiting around for people to find your guild in game is not the way to go about it. Place an ad in the forums, on reddit, or on a discord guild recruitment server.

2) it’s a matter for yourselves, of course, but your HAAT rules sound bizarre to me. With a 24 hr join period, all members should be able to register for the HAAT. I can’t conceive of any reason to have a restriction on that raid. Prizes are rubbish, so allowing people to cycle top 3 rewards doesn’t seem worthwhile. I wouldn’t stick around in a guild with rules like that. And if people who broke that rule were booted out during TW / TB, I definitely wouldn’t come back either.
  • Options
    Hang on.. you boot mid tw/Tb for someone scoring 5 million in a raid with awful rewards?

I agree with @DarjeloSalas that sounds crazy..personally I can auto 5million in about 5 mins on the haat..that sort of rule would make me not want to be in a guild with that rule, hence maybe your lack of recruitment.
  • SmokeyJoe320
    931 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    All of these suggestions are great and all, and I appreciate them, but it went from 2-3 new people per day joining every single day for 4 years (when there are spots open) to not a single person in 6 weeks now. That has nothing to do with how I am recruiting, something is going on. Someone should have trickled in in 6 weeks. And I am not the only guild complaining about this out here.

And some guilds actually have people still trying to get Kenobi or gear up G12 toons so the gear in the HAAT raid IS important to them. Having a chance to get an extra gear box every other raid is a decent reward. Of course if you are running a 215M guild you have different issues. If your guild doesn't care about HAAT, then that solves that problem. Mine does though. So I ask, how do you guys run your HAAT raid without the sim option?

The other 45 people in my guild seem to like it the side game. It actually gives you a reason you use your **** toons and try to target a number. It can be kind of fun using random squads you never ever use anyplace else and it can get pretty competitive as people shoot for the target. 999,999 is the closest someone has gotten so far. Otherwise yes, everyone joins during the 24 hr period but then the raid closes in 10 minutes because someone shoots for 10M as soon as it opens and only 3-4 people get on the scoreboard. So I don't get why that would be a problem unless you are a bully that always wants to run up the score in HAAT. Of course, everyone can auto 5M in the HAAT... that is the point of the side game. If you don't want to play the side game, just join and don't fight (which I do 90% of the time) and you'll get your reward that you don't care about.

If you know the rule and willingly don't follow it, then you deserve to be booted. We state it constantly so it is no secret, yet people go put their CLS team on auto in that raid like ****. It is as simple as paying attention to the one rule. I used to not boot people during the TWs or TBs because I realize that losing those rewards sucks. But then everyone would follow the rule every other time but as soon as a TB starts, BAM... 5M on the HAAT scoreboard. And once 1 person goes over, 5 more do because people suck. The only way to keep that legit is the be strict with the boot.

I said we are a day 1 guild that is 145M because we do allow FTP players and new players with smaller rosters to join. They can grow in our guild by doing these raids with us. The HAAT side game is mainly for their benefit. Because of that we constantly had an influx of 1.5-2M rosters joining and liking our guild and growing with us. That is fine an totally what we want. We are not a whale guild nor do we desire to be one. Those players have stopped joining and that is very unusual.
  • Options
    A lot of people are quiting game that's for sure. In my old guild some of the main people just stoped playing, we reached the point where we had like 15 active people and compared to how many quit/leaves and joins it was a big difference. Had to look for a new guild.
  • Options
    No matter what the in game conditions are, any game will have long time players leaving periodically due to real life. No guild is immune. When the very top guilds lose someone they dip down, and everyone has to dip down.
    At the beginner guild level there is still a lot of action and movement. After the initial stages all of the “guides” advise a player to find the strongest guild that will take them based on a commitment to get 600/day. That really makes things challenging for the guilds in the 80-200M GP range-
    When I go to the recruitment pages I see 100 guilds with very similar descriptions ...200ish GP, easy going, working towards 20-27 stars...
    A few of these guilds will fold and help to top off the others. The same thing happened when the HAAT launched.
  • SmokeyJoe320
    931 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Yeah maybe... it just seems so odd to drop off completely like this. I did take people's advice out here and adjusted our message in the the in-game box and out here on the recruiting board. See if that helps. But the total dead-stop nature of people joining just seems weird. It is not like it trickled off. About 5 weeks ago one of our officers quit the game out of the blue. Ever since he left, that's been it. Not a single joiner and up until the day before we had 2 newbs pop in per day when spots were open. Just seems strange.
  • Options
    It took about 4 mths for my guild to fill its 8 empty slots. Once we did get filled back up it's been pretty easy to fill the 1 or 2 when they become open again. We had 1 or 2 people join that had a list of players from their previous guild that really helped us out. As one left another was on standby to join. Don't know what the future will hold if we have a drop like last November though.
    But as to the haat, that is a pretty extreme limitation. Our guild isn't competitive though and only around 10 to15 actually fight it anyways. Same with hstr only around 25 to 30 actually fight it. And all of us that are finished getting traya 7* try not to get 1st anymore to let others rotate in. We don't put limitations on the raids though, we just want our rewards as fast as possible regardless who does what. Then get ready to launch the next as soon as it's available.
    Sounds like a little motivation to get better haat squads would be good thing. The way I see it, as of now, there's no benefit to preparing better squads for haat if all you can do is 1mil damage anyway for your guild. Some of those same chars are needed for hstr if y'all are doing it. And also there's chars that can solo the entire haat that in turn are beneficial to hstr.
    But if that works for your guild more power to ya! Good luck and game on!
This discussion has been closed.