Heroes Holiday!

Prev1345
EA_Jesse
663 posts SWGOH Dev Team
edited January 2016
CHALLENGE COMPLETE! Good job everyone, you've all defeated Boba Fett enough times as a group to unlock the character shards for Rey. You should be receiving your shards within the next few days.

The Heroes Holiday is here! As a community, all players must defeat Boba Fett in the Training Droid Challenge an average of 2 times a day as it's available on Sunday, Monday and Thursday. If this is done enough times between now and January 1st all eligible players will receive 10 character shards for Rey!

Are you ready to take on Boba Fett? Let the contest begin!

Check out the official blog for more info on the Heroes Holiday event in other EA Star Wars games here: http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront/news/star-wars-battlefront-heroes-holiday
Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz
Post edited by EA_Jesse on

Replies

• Options
    >:)
  • Options
    10 Rey shards.... I'm actually happy about that seeing how I get only about 1 per day.
  • Options
    Training droid challenge? Is that the 50 energy keycard battle?
  • Options
    Training droid challenge? Is that the 50 energy keycard battle?

Nope the normal chellenge one.. Which u can attempt 3 times a day.
  • Options
    Ah so it starts tomorrow then. Today is ability mats.
  • Options
    The challenge will be under "Events & Challenges" on Monday, Thursday and Sunday.
    Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    Options
    Cool B)
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot
  • Options
    Nice, thanks Jesse!
  • Options
    Ahh activity for the Christmas holidays :)
  • Options
    Awesome, can't wait. I whoop Boba fett's behind anyways on that challenge. All these new characters and updates are coming along great, keep up the good work!!
  • Options
    Nice one, I'm perpetually short on training droids these days, so 3 days of those was already pretty sweet. Rey shards is a nice bonus.
  • Options
    Nice Event and may the force be with us in these challenges ...
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    All players eh?! That kinda makes me nervous! Any chance I can do the challenge like 1,000 times per day to make up for those that won't do the challenge! I would offer to do 100,000 times but I don't think there's enough hours in a day ;)
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • Options
    @EA_Jesse It would be cool if there were an overall progress meter, so the community can track it's progress. Similar to those donation progress bars that they fill up as it goes along. While probably not worth the time to create, it would be interesting to see how fast it moves.
  • True_Gemini_Dragon
    1 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Does the tier matter? Or can players abuse the tier 1 Fett to assure success instead of going for higher quality training Droid prizes?

Also, as Skye sort of implies, can the 3 Wins per day cap be lifted, so players with more time/skill/focus/whatever can balance out for those that don't?
  • Options
    Great idea Jesse.

Mark me down for 1.
    http://imgur.com/pa9XvuB
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Options
    This will be fun :D
  • Mtwizard
    48 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    All that??
    Need more achivement event
  • Options
    On it!
  • Options
    Just don't forget next Thursday, New Year's Eve...lol
    I play them anyway but there are four days to play before Jan. 1., 12/24, 12/27, 12/28, & 12/31.
    Just need two-thirds scoring 3 wins each day.

Clarification.
    The newsletter said eligible players, this post said all players. I'd think the eligible population would be those with events unlocked (forgive me if that's all, I can't recall if the challenges unlocked at a certain level).
    +1 for status meter.
    "That is why you fail."
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    To summarize what I said in another thread: any gift is a gift and a nice gesture. That said, I don't think this really helps most players very much (Rey is a months-long grind to unlock), it's nearly impossible to get 2/3 of any group to do anything, and I kinda hoped we would see more specials/sales/ events like other games do around this timeframe. Hopefully there is still other stuff to come that's not announced yet. :)
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    This should be fun. I play the challenges daily... :)
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    Options
    Looking forward to kicking Bobabutt. I've already told the people I know who play the game to focus on the challenge.
  • Options
    Awesome!!!!
  • Options
    This is good because more important than the Rey shards are maybe opportunities to earn more mats and parts to upgrade gear and abilities so I'm in!!!!
  • Sds1989
    35 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    post edited for foul language.
    Post edited by EA_Jesse on
  • Options
    Love community events like this. It would be cool if attempts were doubled at least so daily players could boost the total!
  • dogwelder79
    1501 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I already did 2 battles at midnight, before this announcement appeared, so that means today I can only do 1. Does that mean the whole community is already screwed or will we have some kind of progression meter?
    Edit: I got confused with the Darth Vader event. Ignore this post :p
    Post edited by dogwelder79 on
  • Options
    Ok so not to be a downer but I expected more... not in the rewards area I'm happy with 10 shards of a very good character. I'm just sad that it's just added on to an event that already exists.
    If u wanted it to be a battle against Boba how about a totally new event where her has a mass amount of health and appears on stage one with some others once u drop him below 25% he leaves. At the round 2 he reappears with that damage and once he drops to half health he leaves and on the final area he in only at half health but with some kind of buff on him.
    That's just off the top of my head but I like this game alot and want to see more inventive ways to do holiday/special events not just what we already do.