I am at 95/100 malak and intentionally avoided...

2Next

Replies

• Options
    They should do nothing other than fix it for next run, if ever. As for exploit, people were questioning whether it was deliberate or not, most probably guessed it wasn't but was not cut and dried. Plenty of suggestions they should do the same for other events.

The rationale for doing the above (and keeping it that way to end of 3 days is as follows);

Only those who already had Malak benefited. That includes all th whales they care about though some may have caught up faster than expected they still got a bunch of shard shop currency and meta is changing anyway. Whales haven't really lost out.

It is too complicated. The downstream impacts are too deep and varied. What if someone created G12 finisher, relics etc. What about 6 dot mods that are now useless. What if you paid for them, I am sure a number paid cash to gear something they otherwise would not have done. All of this is impossible to figure out.

FWIW I have gained nothing for this. Did DS yesterday for first time and was close to LS but not done yet. I have no skin in the game. Sometimes though people get lucky. Accept it and move on rather than attempt to unravel something far too complicated to manage sensibly.

Finally they should keep it this way until end of event so all those with Malak already have same opportunity (as I said, that does not include me). Other option is just never fix it. By the time people unlocking it now or in future get to benefit the game will have moved on.

The fix really shows nothing to do with fairness but CG attempting to protect GET. If they really wanted to compensate whales they could give people who had 7* Malak already a bunch of GET currency (i.e. replacement value rather than what you could sell surplus shards for). That would be simple and fair but do you see it happening...... It would be better to just say a few people had minor lottery wins.
  • Options
    jammysht wrote: »

That's complete ****. You're basically saying part of the player base should get stiffed by having another part boosted one way or another simply because of a choice they made. Everyone should get the exact same benefits no one should get more than others. I unlocked malak during this event as normal. I was already behind other people who farmed to get characters ready the last 2 events, but that's a choice I made and I'm fine with it. Now you're coming along and saying that because of someone's mistake I should be penalised by having the rest of the player base get boosted with free stuff they weren't entitled to in the first place. F that.

Fairly certain you either didn’t read or didn’t comprehend my post.

You’re not getting penalized by not getting currency you wouldn’t have received anyway, even if you used the bug to get 150 shards.

As a result, because they can’t roll back currency from exploiters, their next best option is to reward currency to others. But their massive fail here is in not rewarding currency to those with less than 7* malak who COULD HAVE earned it (but didn’t). Instead, they’re only rewarding those with 7* Malaks, which leaves out a lot of players

Fairly certain you did the same with my post. The whole point I was trying to make is that everyone should get the same pay off. If someone did or did not do the buggy event shouldn't be an issue. Just bite the bullet and give everyone 150 malak shards whether they did the event or not. Also those who didn't have him unlocked should still qualify for the first time rewards when the event comes live again. That way everyone gets the same thing. It's certainly not perfect but it's something.
  • Options
    Instead of being reactive why dont you be progressive, gear makes you money, let that be your pay wall, and when events like this come around let ppl get more shards, were not all millionaires you know, alot of ppl play this game are just blue collar working heroes, who like to unwind. Maybe I'm wrong, but this **** is your fault, and when you perpetuate an event that's increasingly difficult to do how does a 5 star char do it, malak isnt even that good. You guys suck
  • J0HND03
    143 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options

I agree with you, however. I don’t think they should be rewarding anyone currency. They should be rolling back the currency that exploiters received. However, i can only presume that the reason they aren’t rolling back currency is because they CAN’T, which is likely because they never implemented the tech to be able to determine when/how currency is earned and be able to roll it back when necessary.

i guess it's more complicated because the people trying to 'fortify' the exploit, one part put gear on their sudden 7* malak - the other part already spent their sudden tokken increase to get gear and put it on whoever to obfuscate ..... it's easy to compare a snapshot of the state of a single char and give those pieces back needed to bring that char up to gearX, but to track every piece equipped during that time and it's origin for every other char is to much for their tools to handle
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Machinist wrote: »
    Machinist wrote: »
    No, what they should do is let it all go. Those who did this spent MONEY. And yes, im one of them. I dont need the gear that only malak can have when he reaches rank7.

The event went up and I went along. I did not cheat in any way. Its not my fault they got sloppy and didnt check the encodings before they released it.

Anyone that thought this was a gift of 57k GET of Malak shards deserve exactly what they are getting with the rollback.

And let me ask you. Why not? Hey, for all of us who arent F2P players... for God sakes give us SOMETHING. Give all the players a break. General Skywalker was a nightmare. It was harder than malak.

It seems that people that didn't yet have a 7* Malak were all too eager to exploit this bug.

What makes you so sure, that they even knew, it was a bug and not intentional?

• Options
    I find it strange that those who keep on saying “it was obviously a bug, you deserve it for exploiting a mistake” only in hindsight.

It was a first time of a third drop of such an event. There are plenty of times events ease up once the content has been out. Especially as they’ve added GAS to the same currency.

For those who got it only the second time, it was the first ever replay. How would these people know?

The setup could’ve been to spend currency in between the 4 month wait between events to speed up farming.

I get people would be upset that they had spent currency that others wouldn’t have had too. But when in this game is that not the case for early access to toons?

The fact is those people’s anger is mainly driven with GAS being the same currency and in hindsight would be thinking they could of 7 stared him with that currency. Otherwise they wouldn’t of been as bothered after spending to get months of advantage out of a 7 star malak.

The point is no one could’ve known this was “obviously” a bug depending on which situation you found yourself in. Especially given the current releases and talk from CG.