Updated Reconciliation Plan [MERGE]

Replies

• Options
    Didn't read through all comments.
    The compensation got slightly better, but why don't I get the GET 1 and the zeta mats? Is this the punishment that I was stupid enough to unlock him at the first event and got him to 7* long ago? Oh and of course for my stupidity to spend quite some real money to be able to do so?
  • Hanu
    138 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Wow CG is giving 500 Crystal's
    I thought they would take em from us
    Slow us down even more
    Btw u forgot the chewie shards

Cg screws up we pay for it
    Why not just keep it as is and return the get currency to everyone who had him 7*
    Or the equivalent of 150 shards worth of currency
  • Options
    This new plan is bull. There’s no reason that people without 7* Malak are getting gifted GET1 shards. Basically those that spent their currency and were prepared ahead of time are now getting the finger while those who didn’t prepare and waited are getting gifted almost 15 shards worth of GET1 for nothing
  • Options
    lhs8v6evn3y3.jpg

Remember I called you "t r o l l"?
    They can't fix disappearing buttons for months but they're serious about forums. Jerks
  • Options
    Honestly yeah this is really stupid. Everyone that obeyed CG's order to not play the event gets punished by being given nothing, while those of us (myself included) who ignored the notice and played it anyways will get a decent little reward for disobeying.

It's genuinely ridiculous..those who obeyed get nothing while those who disobeyed get rewards.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Jetro wrote: »
    Hello, I spent 3800 GET I points on Malak after the event, will I get them back too after this reconcoliation or I will lose them?

you should not lose anything that was not gained from doing the event multiple times. the shards you bought should still be there after this roll back.

Post edited by Kyno on
  • Options
    So, if you saved GET, got him to 7* through spending, you get shards. If you got 7* through their mistake but didn’t save your own GET, then you get some GET b/c why? Lunacy.
  • videofarmer
    60 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Post edited by videofarmer on
  • Options
    Honestly yeah this is really stupid. Everyone that obeyed CG's order to not play the event gets punished by being given nothing, while those of us (myself included) who ignored the notice and played it anyways will get a decent little reward for disobeying.

It's genuinely ridiculous..those who obeyed get nothing while those who disobeyed get rewards.

Isn’t it lovely?

And yet they’re still oblivious that this all boils
    Down to their ridiculous stance that there needs to be further farming of characters gained from epic conversations using GET1

@CG_SBCrumb @CG_TopHat

Here’s how you fix this. Everyone gets GET1 currency, everyone gets the crystals (500 HA!) and everyone gets shard shop currency.
    People who completed the Malak events and GAS events should be given the shards necessary to 7*. GAS should be REALLY easy since only a few thousand even unlocked him
  • Options
    [MERGE] me up some of that free GET you shysters!
  • MattNewton
    13 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    I understand the frustration over the compensation. But, my main focus is more simple, when can we expect the event again? I was going to unlock it this last run. Got LS done then, just before I was going to run DS, found out it was cancelled. I just want to get him unlocked. I'm hoping no more than a couple days, but haven't heard much.

FTR, I'd also rather see a reward just given to everyone. Reward 500 crystals, 5000 GET, and 2 zeta mats to all. For those with 7* that got extra shards, so be it. With the back and forth on 5*/6* who did/didn't do it vs 7* prior, it just seems like a generous compensation to all would just make the most sense.

Some, like myself, spent money on crystals for some last minute gear to qualify (GP Reqs) or be able to beat it. I could've saved $10.00 if I knew I'd have an extra week (or more) to keep farming gear. So, point is, even players without Malak at all could have some complaints here on this issue. And, 500 crystals helps, but doesn't cover what I spent to get ready. Again, this is why i think you just issue equal compensation to all. People are going to be mad either way, but an equal deal for all might mitigate much of it.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    What world are we in?

Exploiting the bugs for extra rewards leads to collecting bonus rewards illegitimately....
    then CG steps in and grant's bonus rewards to ONLY the players who exploited the bug.

Did I just enter the twilight zone or some alternate reality? When did the new CG policy to reward people who exploited the game and punish all the players who didnt exploit a bug go into effect?
    Reread. That is not remotely what's happening. Whether or not you participated in the bugged event has no impact on what your compensation is, except as relates to shard shop currency, and in that case it's scaled to equalize.
    NightCrow wrote: »
    Just a question: Will I get back somehow the materials what I spent on my "newly" unlocked Malak to gear him up? Or I can just forget them right now, never will see them again... :S
    Expended resources from Malak will be returned to your inbox.

That’s not what it says. It says people who are having their progress removed get the GET. People who didn’t play the event aren’t having any progress removed.
  • Options
    ZAP wrote: »
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    What world are we in?

Exploiting the bugs for extra rewards leads to collecting bonus rewards illegitimately....
    then CG steps in and grant's bonus rewards to ONLY the players who exploited the bug.

Did I just enter the twilight zone or some alternate reality? When did the new CG policy to reward people who exploited the game and punish all the players who didnt exploit a bug go into effect?
    Reread. That is not remotely what's happening. Whether or not you participated in the bugged event has no impact on what your compensation is, except as relates to shard shop currency, and in that case it's scaled to equalize.
    NightCrow wrote: »
    Just a question: Will I get back somehow the materials what I spent on my "newly" unlocked Malak to gear him up? Or I can just forget them right now, never will see them again... :S
    Expended resources from Malak will be returned to your inbox.

You are the one who needs to reread.

They are very specific that only those that are having shards/progress removed are receiving GET 1.

Those that are not having shards/progress removed, in other words those that did not play the event are not receiving GET 1.

What you are saying isn’t remotely happening.

Essentially if you cheated and exploited the bug you got rewarded with a bunch of GET and a few zeta mats.

How in the world is this fair to all those that didn't play the event and those that earned their 7* Malak the proper way?
  • Lrrr
    172 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    So 2,250 shard shop currency = 5,000 GET1 and 2 zetas?

Talk about a over course correction. I’m just saying, how about all players get all rewards or roll back everything. Seriously CG
  • Options
    Did they forget a zero on GET1
  • Ankh
    18 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    CG - Seriously, ⓦⓣⓕ is wrong with you people?! This is so unnecessarily convoluted and id1otic.
  • Rimbol
    14 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Here is the new compensation plan in a nutshell:

There are 5 groups of players and only 1 group gets the GET. It is also the wrong set that gets the GET. Everyone gets 500 crystals. Here is what each group gets in addition to the crystals:

1. Players that did not have 7 star Malak and earned shards a second time - 5,000 GET and 2 zeta mats
    2. Players that did not have 7 star Malak and did not earn any extra shards - Nothing
    3. Players that had 7 star Malak and earned 150 extra shards - Nothing
    4. Players that had 7 star Malak and earned 75 extra shards - 1,125 Shard Shop currency
    5. Players that had 7 star Malak and did not earn any extra shards - 2,250 Shard Shop currency

So group 2 are the people that did not use the exploit and they get the worst deal. Group 1, who benefited the most from the exploit, gets the best compensation. How is that even remotely fair?

The best course of action would be to simply remove all extra shards from group 1 and give 2,250 Shard Shop currency to groups 1 & 2. This way everyone gets the same amount of Shard Shop currency and no group gets any advantage.
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    GeitsTam wrote: »
    So, if you saved GET, got him to 7* through spending, you get shards. If you got 7* through their mistake but didn’t save your own GET, then you get some GET b/c why? Lunacy.

They really should just give every player the GET currency that had malak before to even it out, and leave it the way it is with the repeated shards in my opinion. Make up for Anakin requiring all the shards too so we can use our character we put a lot of effort into unlocking and then gearing and zetaing.
  • Options
    I want a **** darn it. Like the **** Dan Akroyd uses to describe the psychic energy in New York to Ernie Hudson ****.

Hey everyone else has requests..
  • Options
    ****? Seriously? Is there some bad thing about gold sponge cake filled with creamy filling? I mean I just now GET it’s a little androerotic when you really think about it but it’s a banned word?!

When you warn me for the word can you explain to me WHY? I’m curious because if that’s banned are Cupcakes and Snoballs.. ok, hostess.. those are kinda too.. and Apple Pies and Big Wheels.. hey anyone remember those? They were like Ring Ding Jr by Hostess instead of Drake... anyways I digress
  • Intrepid
    32 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Well Rimbol, for starters you could stop calling it an exploit! No-one, and i mean ABSOLUTELY no-one, knew for a fact and without a shred of a doubt that this was NOT intended!
    I take offense to being accused of exploiting something that no-one could have known was a bug... so, please stop accusing people of that... thank you.

What CG SHOULD have done, was to let things stay as is! Those who earned shards... too bad CG... event taken down and re-launhed!

But since they’re taking back the shards... they’re compensating those who stand to lose the most... and those are the one’s who had a 6* or lower Malak
  • Options
    Intrepid wrote: »
    Well Rimbol, for startes you could stop calling it an exploit! No-one, and i mean ABSOLUTELY no-one, knew for a fact without a shred of a doubt that this was NOT intended!

What CG SHOULD have done, was to let things stay as is! Those who earned shards... too bad CG... event taken down and re-launhed!

But since they’re taking back the shards... they’re compnsating thise who stand to lose the most... and that is the one’s who had a 6 or lower Malak

Except for those that followed their directions when they said to stop because they were going to take back the rewards. Those are the ones that are losing the most. They were going to play the event, heard they would lose the rewards, and didn’t play the event. That group of people didn’t get the bonus shards or get the GET and zetas. That’s the group that lost the most.
  • Options
    Let's be clear here .. for everyone .. they clearly stated that they dont track progress towards upgrades. They know you had a 5, 6, or 7 star Malak before the event, but they dont know how many shards you had if you weren't full 7 star.

If you had a 6 star.. your going be back at 0/100 .. with enough get to 15 shards.

If you had any more than that .. your going to need to wait some more tbs just to catch up.
    ObiShenobi
    DeathStarIIMaintenanceCrew
    https://swgoh.gg/u/obishenobi/
  • Options
    So players who had Malak prior to event get extra rewards and players who didn’t wont. Why give extra rewards to some players for no reason other than having a character before others. That is not fair. When the event comes around again, will I get those rewards? I think all players should be treated equally. If there is no reason to give the extra rewards to players who did not have malak, then there is no reason to give extra reward to those who did.
  • Options
    Intrepid wrote: »
    Well Rimbol, for startes you could stop calling it an exploit! No-one, and i mean ABSOLUTELY no-one, knew for a fact without a shred of a doubt that this was NOT intended!

But since they’re taking back the shards... they’re compnsating thise who stand to lose the most... and that is the one’s who had a 6 or lower Malak

Except for those that followed their directions when they said to stop because they were going to take back the rewards. Those are the ones that are losing the most. They were going to play the event, heard they would lose the rewards, and didn’t play the event. That group of people didn’t get the bonus shards or get the GET and zetas. That’s the group that lost the most.

That’s just life... the event was up for what... 6-7 hours before CG made their first post? Even then, a lot of people don’t read the forums and didn’t know until the in-game notification!

It’s just tough luck for some and a lucky break for others... which is why I think CG should just live with their error and let everyone who got shards keep them and move on...
  • ObiKenobiJonesy
    81 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    I think the problem here is too many different scenarios as far as what players did, what they got, how they reacted when they got, etc. There is not likely going to be any one solution that fits all.

I did not have a 7* Malak. I did not realize it was a bug, as I’d heard much talk about changes in events to make it easier for newer players to catch up. Much to my surprise redoing just the Darkside event rewarded me with enough shards to 7* and turn some into the shard shop. Jazzed about my new 7* Malak I spent GET on gear to get him to G12+ thinking I wouldn’t need it until I worked on obtaining GAS (net project)

Now on the previous offering I got screwed out of GET id need otherwise had I not yet achieved a 7* Malak. Yes I would get the gear purchased in return but in reality would have been in yet a worse situation after the event than before as far as achieving my 7* Malak still needing volumes of GET.

This offer suits me as it helps alleviate the issue of needed GET that I spent and wouldnt recover. Still may not even out for me, but it’s better than the last offer.

Update: if we go back to 0/100 shards that’s not cool as I only had 30 to go before this CG debacle

Lots of different perspectives, no one solution is perfect. Too bad they couldn’t offer a couple options and have the player choose what best compensates them for their situation.
    Post edited by ObiKenobiJonesy on
    Dred Zeppelin aka DrZeppersTTV Come visit DrZeppers on twitch
  • The_Only_Drak
    38 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    @CG_TopHat

You guys really screwed the pooch here. When I read your initial post on reconciliation it kind of made sense, however, I could not disagree more with your most recent plan.

Bottom Line - You are rewarding those who either got Malak late or cheesed the event over those who earned him legitimately or earlier (one of the 1st 2 releases). As a player who received him earlier, I am being punished in relation to the player base who did not unlock him earlier. They get 5000 GET and 2 Zetas? I get nothing? Just wow.

I have to say that I've been unimpressed with the direction of the game, especially since the release of relics and the insanely stupid high requirements for GAS, but this decision is really tipping me over the edge. Why should I continue to play? My perception is that you guys really don't listen to your player base and that all you care about is players pumping money into the game.

I just don't know if I can be a part of it anymore...