Updated Reconciliation Plan [MERGE]

Replies

• Options
    The reasons that people couldn't keep the 7* Malaks are:

1) High spending players who got Malak the first time he was released and only recently managed to accumulate enough GET1 to get him to 7* were angry that their investment and paid advantage was largely negated by a mistake. As long as the 1% of customers who contribute the lion's share of the revenue to this game are happy, it can survive all kind of negative forum comments and bad Play store reviews from low spenders and F2P.

2) As much as the public-facing communications cheerfully talk about a 5-year plan and exciting new content, this game is nearing the end of its cycle. Content development has slowed to a crawl and progress has to be rationed to prevent people from exhausting endgame content too quickly. Giving people the equivalent of 3 month's worth of GET1 accelerates progress faster than the pace that the current development team is creating content.

I understand the business necessity to roll back this unintended progress, but I wish it had been done in a cleaner, better thought out, and more thorough manner.

Clearly this title is under-supported from a resource perspective, as there seems to be some mini-debacle or crisis every month, and that really shouldn't be happening in an "A" license like Star Wars. I imagine the current staff is overworked and morale is low, and I understand their reticence to engage with an angry user base without resources to actually address the anger in a meaningful way. When people (myself included) complain about unfixed bugs, it's not as if they can reply "we'd love to fix that, but we don't have the man hours available and we're likely never going to get to it", so instead they say nothing at all.

I'm not sure what's happening at the upper management level, but the people you see in the forums aren't the ones making the questionable decisions or counting their fat stacks of cash. This is their day job and they are probably doing their best.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Options
    HWGO wrote: »
    ZAP wrote: »
    So, let people with 5/6* malaks jump months ahead and let 7* malak owners jump months ahead on GA$?

No thanks

Actually if those characters were a 7 star unlock as they should be, we would all have Malak 7 stars months ago and some would have GAS 7 stars a couple weeks ago, so technically we're behind and they robbed us of months

Nope.

Unless there was an EC that I am unaware of that was added (which is not) EC chars are 5*.

Unless they gave EC chars as 7* before then you weren't robbed, because they didnt take anything from you.
  • Options
    Javin37 wrote: »
    Seems they want to prolong whatever they came up with because they are running out of gas.

Refunding GET means people max out General Anakin sooner...and those without can tell you why they have a problem with that...

Once Arc trooper is in the game it won't matter of you only have a 5 or 6 star Skywalker. He will be a two stop battle for GA/TW regardless.

He isn't now though..and GAS at 7 would be. And those without would have a problem with that.

That is not the reason they won't. They really seem to want GET to be the wall now. We will see stunguns handed out by the thousands before they hand out GET.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Options
    Seems they want to prolong whatever they came up with because they are running out of gas.

Refunding GET means people max out General Anakin sooner...and those without can tell you why they have a problem with that...

Once Arc trooper is in the game it won't matter of you only have a 5 or 6 star Skywalker. He will be a two stop battle for GA/TW regardless.

He isn't now though..and GAS at 7 would be. And those without would have a problem with that.

That is not the reason they won't. They really seem to want GET to be the wall now. We will see stunguns handed out by the thousands before they hand out GET.

They just handed out GET1 today.

0n1mfntg50mn.jpeg
  • Javin37
    367 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    SemiGod wrote: »

0n1mfntg50mn.jpeg

Well...I'm super happy to be proven wrong!

Enough to go from 5 to 7?

As much as a TB?

How much?!?

Already had Malak7* but super excited to get that GAS...thanks for telling me!
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Options
    SemiGod wrote: »

0n1mfntg50mn.jpeg

Well...I'm super happy to be proven wrong!

Enough to go from 5 to 7?

As much as a TB?

How much?!?

Already had Malak7* but super excited to get that GAS...thanks for telling me!

Its basically the same as a mid guild geo TB

I see u cant handle the internet very well.

Welp.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    Gifafi wrote: »
    “includes giving us 0 resources that we have not earned already.”

Um, what?

It means we've earned out GET, refunding it isn't giving free resources, it's giving us back what we've already earned

Extra 5k GET1 isn’t getting free resources?

Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    @CG_TopHat Can you please outline why I don't get any GET and others do?
    (Malak 7* before the event, I have been using the "exploit" as I did it very early and thought this would have been a change in the event)

===============================================================================

https://swgoh.gg/g/757/weltraum-piraten/

https://swgoh.gg/u/chakyth/

May the force be with you ..... und der Klabautermann!
  • Options
    Cuzzins wrote: »
    Have to say, considering they specifically asked folks NOT to exploit and then rewarded those that did, even accidentally is not good. And I didn’t even get Malak.

Maybe CG shouldn't have taken 10 hours to do that and then only via this forum - which I'd imagine the majority of the players don't visit anyway.
  • Options
    Being a happy owner of 0 revans,still going strong in that front,i dont care if you kept your malaks,hell 5 star unlocks are complete trash given the amount of effort,resources potentially lot of spending to get those.

I actually feel bad for you getting those at 5 stars.
  • Options
    Being a happy owner of 0 revans,still going strong in that front,i dont care if you kept your malaks,hell 5 star unlocks are complete trash given the amount of effort,resources potentially lot of spending to get those.

I actually feel bad for you getting those at 5 stars.

Wait until you face your first DR /5* Malak team.....
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    TL/DR are people not super happy?
  • Options
    My question's are....When Malak star forge event was released the second time...was it the same as the third time the (exploit version)? If so why wasn't it considered an exploit then? And if it wasn't why was it changed? And if it wasn't changed it has been the same every time...then financial damages both in game and outside of game are greater then this 500 crystals considering those that have had to face them (7* malaks, or malaks) constantly have been greatly affected by an "exploit" that others have benefited from that were able aquire any stared Malak from the previous event releases.
  • TVF
    36618 posts Member
    Options
    TRanger wrote: »
    My question's are....When Malak star forge event was released the second time...was it the same as the third time the (exploit version)? If so why wasn't it considered an exploit then? And if it wasn't why was it changed? And if it wasn't changed it has been the same every time...then financial damages both in game and outside of game are greater then this 500 crystals considering those that have had to face them (7* malaks, or malaks) constantly have been greatly affected by an "exploit" that others have benefited from that were able aquire any stared Malak from the previous event releases.

2nd time didn't award shards for anyone who had already completed it.

We don't know why it happened. They clearly didn't mean to change it, and maybe it had something to do with the next EC (Ganakin).
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Don't know if the last one posted it seems to have slipped through the cracks...I know a few people who did unlock him the first time and I'm gonna ask them and have that verified.
  • Lanbo
    128 posts Member
    Options
    TRanger wrote: »
    Don't know if the last one posted it seems to have slipped through the cracks...I know a few people who did unlock him the first time and I'm gonna ask them and have that verified.

I can confirm that it did NOT award extra shards the second time. I unlocked him the first time and played it again for fun the second time.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Options
    Nauros wrote: »
    So nobody lost anything but a subset of players get lots of freebies because they "grew accustomed" to their ill-gotten Malaks? Dragon champions ftw...

lq564zddopcm.jpg