PLEASE don't put Malevolence in GET2 store

Prev13
Putting the Malevolence in the GET 2 store this soon after Negotiator was introduced would be a HUGE mistake. If the Malevolence is better, it will nullify the investment so many of us have put into your shiny new Negotiator. Most people who do have it only have it at 5 stars so far. This will anger a large fraction of the player base.

RESPECT THE INVESTMENTS OF YOUR PLAYERS!

Replies

• Options
    Agree 100%
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • Options
    Yet again EA/CG is encouraging players to hoard currency and gear, something they've actively said that they're trying to disincentive us from doing. It's hard to say that and then release Malak/G$ and two meta Capital Ships in stores, punishing players for spending their currency in those stores. Yet again, CG/EA is training us to hoard.

FMW5.gif
  • Options
    "It will be a huge mistake"
    "It will nullify the investment so many of us have put"
    "This will anger a large fraction of the player base."
    "RESPECT THE INVESTMENTS OF YOUR PLAYERS!"

CG: So we listened to the community and decided to add the Malevolence to the GE Store and instead of getting 5 shards for 1350 GET2, we actually adjusted the price. Now you get 5 shards for 2000 GET2, this will make the community feel prouder of their accomplishment!
  • Options
    Anyone with sense knew that Malevolence would be GET2 months ago. Not like this was a surprise.
  • Options
    I don't understand how anyone is even slightly surprised by this, or why people went all in Negotiator when it was obvious this was going to be the case. Hopefully those who are hoarding for Malevolence will be rewarded for putting up with the current annoyance that is the current state of fleet arena.
  • BionicGolem
    167 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Why do you think they make a change like that, each TB came with its own GET charcter/ship, thats just how it is. By saying "it will nullify the investment so many of us have put into your shiny new Negotiator", you ignoring those that saved up for Malevolence, what about their investment ? Screw it, just because you (and others) have Negotiator and want Malevolence right now without spending GET2, sorry that not how any of this works.
  • Options
    It‘s a huge bottleneck where you have to rely on our guild to farm.... and others make the call on which GET you get (in case you are no officer).

Was always like this .... will stay like that
  • taquillasun
    1158 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    CamaroAMF wrote: »
    Anyone with sense knew that Malevolence would be GET2 months ago. Not like this was a surprise.

Actually, they said "scrap tigether quickly". This doesnt match anything like that. Keep eating rhe line. This isnt an okay move.

I know when people rag on a game you love, its natural to defend. Youre going to be one of only a few left playing and defending these moves.

One more shot to get things right with Episode 9. One more 5 star unlock. One more GET character. One more technical issue. One by one we're taking our bow and heading to the door.

Siund still broken. Buttons in TB still vanishing. And AGAIN im having log in issues....

All while they scramble to take back Malak shards.
  • Options
    I miss the good old fashioned event style ship unlock... I anticipated that for the Negotiator and was a big **** slap when it turned out it's for GET currency. Hope Malevolence won't be the same... I stacked up lots of resources to upgrade it....
  • Options
    What if we would need a Negotiator to unlock the Malevolence and only need GET2 tokens to upgrade it? Some kind of epic confrontation for ships.
  • Options
    By saying "it will nullify the investment so many of us have put into your shiny new Negotiator", you ignoring those that saved up for Malevolence, what about their investment ? Screw it, just because you (and others) have Negotiator and want Malevolence right now without spending GET2, sorry that not how any of this works.

First, hoarding an unspent resource is not an investment.

Second, what makes you think they wont release a new better capital ship right when you get your Malevolence. They are creating an environment where players dont trust the game devs and are fearful to invest in our ships/heroes in a hero collector game. These moves create antagonistic feelings between players and devs.

Devs: here's a great new ship with an exclusive unlock currency!

Us: Great! We will engage with your new content. Thanks!

Devs: we hope you didnt fall for that. Here's something better that requires the currency you just spent on our new content.
  • Options

Exactly, many players have held off buying Negotiator simply because just like with Malak & Ganakin, it was highly likely that Malevolence AND Negotiator were both going to be GET Mk.2 buys.
    Anyway, they've already announced that it'll be gained that way now, so people have already started making choices based on that official confirmation, so they can't change it now!
  • Options
    Why everyone thinks Malesomething gonna be better than Negotiator in first place? :p
  • Options
    What did people think they were going to do instead? I'm not even being snarky this time, I'm honestly asking.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options

Actually, they said "scrap tigether quickly". This doesnt match anything like that. Keep eating rhe line. This isnt an okay move.

I know when people rag on a game you love, its natural to defend. Youre going to be one of only a few left playing and defending these moves.

What are you even talking about? This was the most obvious thing that has ever happened, and is absolutely no different than Hermit Yoda being followed by Wampa.
  • Options
    Why do you think they make a change like that, each TB came with its own GET charcter/ship, thats just how it is. By saying "it will nullify the investment so many of us have put into your shiny new Negotiator", you ignoring those that saved up for Malevolence, what about their investment ? Screw it, just because you (and others) have Negotiator and want Malevolence right now without spending GET2, sorry that not how any of this works.

Hoarding is not an investment. Buying gems and refreshing nodes is an investment. And that’s how this game did work for years until recently with GET currency. And nobody is surprised, not liking this new way to farm should not be confused with being surprised by it. People in my shard without Negotiator are already missing payouts so if they wait for Malevolence, how many crystals will that cost compounded daily?
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • Options
    Valariel wrote: »
    Putting the Malevolence in the GET 2 store this soon after Negotiator was introduced would be a HUGE mistake. If the Malevolence is better, it will nullify the investment so many of us have put into your shiny new Negotiator. Most people who do have it only have it at 5 stars so far. This will anger a large fraction of the player base.

I don't like the negotiator and saved for the reliability that GG or FO Capital ship will be arriving shortly. I have the currency to unlock it as soon as it launches. You're upset that you have the Negotiator? Figure out what ships to use, maximize your fleet, I'll see you in arena battles. It isn't about one vs. the other... it's not about the same currency and deciding between wampa or hoda, Malak or GS, Negotiator or Malevolence. You're irritated that you can't have both?

I don't enjoy LS units as much as DS. I'd rather have R7 GG than GK, and I think despite which is better, I saved because of the character and universal viability. I don't think it's fair to get upset because it might take you time to get both. We don't know which will be stronger. They will be equal, dependent on which ships you use.
  • Options
    Dmitry_M81 wrote: »
    Why everyone thinks Malesomething gonna be better than Negotiator in first place? :p

Because GG R7 is better than GK r7.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    Akenno wrote: »
    What if we would need a Negotiator to unlock the Malevolence and only need GET2 tokens to upgrade it? Some kind of epic confrontation for ships.

The devs have great ways to making us level up characters and ships that nobody uses. I agree I see them making negotiator the ship to unlock malevolence. They loooove making us waste saved resources just to unlock something so that we either pay for more resources or wait and farm our way to the top once depleted.
  • Options

Nah dude, YOU made the choice of spending on the Negotiator. You had your fun with GK's ship, now it's our turn.
  • Options
    No worries, I bet devs gonna introduce Malewhatever right in time - when top kraken guilds are close to 7* Nego. They are the only audience devs care about so their "investments" won't be hurt, topic can be closed :D
  • Options
    Just hope same stars and abilities level Nego gonna be able to beat Malevolence on offense comfortably, otherwise I'm done with this new Galaxy of Hoarders game
  • Options
    Unless you had enough GET MKII to unlock Negotiator, why would you spend it on shards? Nothing to gain from buying shards slowly, besides maybe a few days earlier unlock.
  • Options
    nabokovfan wrote: »
    Dmitry_M81 wrote: »

Because GG R7 is better than GK r7.

And anakin ahsoka and Clones are better then geos
    So the Pilot of the Capital ship wont win you the battle
    In addition ship battles are doable with thrawn and HT
    Will be hard with mace when everyone has to platoon their falcons

• StarSon
    7492 posts Member
    Options
    By saying "it will nullify the investment so many of us have put into your shiny new Negotiator", you ignoring those that saved up for Malevolence, what about their investment ? Screw it, just because you (and others) have Negotiator and want Malevolence right now without spending GET2, sorry that not how any of this works.

Of course it is. I've invested in the future by holding the required currency. As soon as it drops I can unlock, if I want (hint: I won't, because it might not be better than Negotiator). I also have all the prestige I need to instantly max.

And, again, as has been pointed out, this was extremely obvious. We knew Malevolence was coming. We knew we were getting another GET2 farm. Not sure why people get all uppity about things they knew were going to happen.
  • Options
    Liath wrote: »

What are you even talking about? This was the most obvious thing that has ever happened, and is absolutely no different than Hermit Yoda being followed by Wampa.

Didn't Wampa and Hermit Yoda get released together at the same time?

This one they didn't. It's not really a choice unless you hoarded.
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »

Of course it is. I've invested in the future by holding the required currency. As soon as it drops I can unlock, if I want (hint: I won't, because it might not be better than Negotiator). I also have all the prestige I need to instantly max.

And, again, as has been pointed out, this was extremely obvious. We knew Malevolence was coming. We knew we were getting another GET2 farm. Not sure why people get all uppity about things they knew were going to happen.

Wrong, you have not invested it. If CG said we are giving everyone a 7* Malevolence out of the goodness of our hearts (not saying they will, just giving you a hypothetical) you could still use that GET2 for the Negotiator because it is not yet invested.

Once it is spent, that is the investment. By keeping money in your checking account, you are not investing, you are saving. By buying a stock and riding the ups and downs of it, you are investing in that stock.
  • StarSon
    7492 posts Member
    Options
    StarSon wrote: »

Wrong, you have not invested it. If CG said we are giving everyone a 7* Malevolence out of the goodness of our hearts (not saying they will, just giving you a hypothetical) you could still use that GET2 for the Negotiator because it is not yet invested.

Once it is spent, that is the investment. By keeping money in your checking account, you are not investing, you are saving. By buying a stock and riding the ups and downs of it, you are investing in that stock.

No, I have 100% invested in the future of my game by not jumping at the new shiny. Just because you're mad that you invested in Negotiator and now can't invest in Malevolence, doesn't mean I've not invested mine by leaving them in savings.
  • Keydash1
    503 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Tanzos wrote: »

Didn't Wampa and Hermit Yoda get released together at the same time?

This one they didn't. It's not really a choice unless you hoarded.

No they weren't. HY was released with LSHoth, and Wampa was released with DSHoth. But I still don't think it was the same, since GET1 was much easier to acquire than GET2 is now. Not only was the Hoth reward pure GET1 (rather than being split), they soon added TW and HSTR as additional sources of GET1.

My hope is that they add more sources of GET2, by adding it to the TW/HSTR prize or introducing a new raid. That may be a naive hope, but they did do it for GET1.

Another reason it's not the same is that while HY and Wampa were good characters, they were not meta defining. Different story with powerful capital ships. That said, it's really not a big problem unless one ship is clearly better. If they can beat each other, or if rebels can beat seps, then it's fine for arena. I'm only complaining because I want both for TB/TW/GA.