I prefer 5* epic unlocks to free marquee toons

Prev134
Discuss.

#JangoDeservedMore

Replies

• Options
    #jangoisntlegendaryworthy

• Options
    I'd rather 3* free than spend resources on toons I don't care for a 5*.
  • Options
    Nope .

Any unlock that requires so much . Should unlock at 7*
  • Options
    Stalbot wrote: »
    Nope .

Any unlock that requires so much . Should unlock at 7*

Word
  • Ultra
    11509 posts Moderator
    Options
    marquees are great
    galactic chase is great
    5 star unlocks are great if its proper (legendary events)
    Epic Confrontation should be 7* unlocks but going forward large number of people will probably be saving enough GET 1 to push future EC to 7 stars as soon as they unlock it so I doubt we'll see more 5* EC's on the block with future releases
  • Tygra
    123 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah, the requirements to unlock Malak & General Skywalker are absolutely ridiculous and there is no reason other than greed that they shouldn't have unlocked at 7*. So much for GET currency helping with the gear crunch. But then again, we all know CG and the developers talk out of both sides of their mouths like a crooked politician.
  • Options
    No way. New toons and new content plus the word “Epic” should always imply a maxed character unlock
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    marquees are great
    galactic chase is great
    5 star unlocks are great if its proper (legendary events)
    Epic Confrontation should be 7* unlocks but going forward large number of people will probably be saving enough GET 1 to push future EC to 7 stars as soon as they unlock it so I doubt we'll see more 5* EC's on the block with future releases

I’m pretty sure besides legendary events every single one of there higher tier events have only come twice. Like ancient heros the regular hero’s and now epic confrontation soooo it’ll probably be a whole new type of event going forward
  • Options
    Marquee events are great. Flooding us with them when they’re all destined for single hard nodes is suboptimal. However, I’d still prefer having my huevos slammed in a car door to working that hard for a 5* unlock on an epic disappointment event.
  • Ultra
    11509 posts Moderator
    Options
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    Marquee events are great. Flooding us with them when they’re all destined for single hard nodes is suboptimal. However, I’d still prefer having my huevos slammed in a car door to working that hard for a 5* unlock on an epic disappointment event.
    I like the whole hard nodes thing to be completely honest
  • TVF
    36609 posts Member
    Options
    Austin9370 wrote: »
    Marquees are free to 3* and another $50-100 to 5*.
    Epics are ~$300-500 to 5*.

That's weird, I spent $30 on Malak and zero on GAS. Apparently I'm doing something wrong.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • jonnysiniwal
    675 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options

How hip of you. Get a flannel and an ironic beard while you are at it
  • Options
    I prefer epic confrontations for title and portrait only, or just portrait cuz you know - who reads titles?..
  • Options
    Malak and GAS are apples and oranges.

OR was PVP meta at the time as was Revan.

GR was a nice thing to have but by no way standard.

Also you only had to have g12 for OR/Revan where GAS was 13 and relics.

Also, Shaq Fu was a single node unlock for what, a month MAYBE? While there were muttiple other toons on the PVP board far ahead of her?

Oh and you needed JKAs ship, though that was meta from Mace.

Luckily GAS isn’t as dominant as Malak was.
  • Options
    galactic chase is great

I forgot Galactic Chases were a thing.

THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • Options
    Dmitry_M81 wrote: »
    I prefer epic confrontations for title and portrait only, or just portrait cuz you know - who reads titles?..

You saying you don't like my Bounty Hunter title?
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • Options

Some hard node farms are one thing. Panic farms and keystone characters I would expect. Releasing them at regular intervals gives them a steady stream of income. Mix in some occasional legendary events for variety and additional income. Then figure out some creative ways for us to farm the less important role player characters that far less people care about spending on. Not free, just faster/easier/cheaper than more valuable characters on hard nodes. That would keep things interesting, make players feel like they’re doing something fun for us, and maybe coax some money out of people who don’t want to pay the same for Nest as they do for FOSFTP.

All characters going to hard nodes is different. It’s monotonous. They compulsively mashed the marquee button last year until they burned a bunch of people out. Your tolerance may be different, but the fact that they admitted that they pushed that too far last year is telling. The tolerance of the group is what’s important, and they know they pushed that too far.

This year there have been drastically less marquees. Too few I’d say. Now they are figuring out how to short-sightedly milk money out of people with legendary/epic events until they burn us out on those. Same problem. No balance. No variety. No long term thinking. No building loyal customers. Just figure out a strategy to extract resources and suck it dry as fast as possible.
  • Options
    I hate it, it’s just another grind. No fun. The events suck too
  • Options

Huh?
    Its sith trio, revan and drevan, OR never was...
  • Options
    I love 5 star unlocks- saves the meta rush while the community can develop counters.
  • Options
    I have neither of the Epic characters but to me the biggest issue is not the 5* unlock, its the GET used & the PRICE per SHARD for it. That to me is the redonkulous part.

To slow down the entrance to meta they could have done several options.
    They could have Hard Node'd it.
    They could have GET'd it at a reasonable price.
    They could make you have to do it 3x over 6 months with each added fight gifting you enough shards to raise it a star. Heck, even if it was exactly 150 each time it would still be set up as 5*/6*/7* with that final win netting you a nice pool of extra shards for the store to pay for the gear on the new character.

Instead they locked up purchases in the GET store for the better part of 3 years or something like that.
    Its lame. REALLY lame.

• Options
    The reward should be worth the effort and resources you put into it. GIving someone an unusable toon that they then have to farm for months to get them usable (unless you're a hoarder) in exchange for having 10 - 15 characters geared to the max is a slap in the face to the players.

I have malak, who is servicable once you get him to 6*, but flounders against relic teams. To get that i had to build up a bunch of old republic characters that have 0 chance of being useful anywhere. You can't use them on defense, because any tm team (cls, palp, jtr) can beat them without them even taking a turn. And they're useless on offense, yet i have them all at g12 so i could get malak just to wait months to get him to 7*
  • TVF
    36609 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Marquees are free to 3* and another $50-100 to 5*.
    Epics are ~$300-500 to 5*.

That's weird, I spent $30 on Malak and zero on GAS. Apparently I'm doing something wrong.

TVF we both know that's the exception versus the rule. C'mon man.

So the rule is $300-$500 for an Epic. I'd ask for data but I'm sure it's a wasted exercise.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Malak and GAS are apples and oranges.

GR was a nice thing to have but by no way standard.

Also you only had to have g12 for OR/Revan where GAS was 13 and relics.

Also, Shaq Fu was a single node unlock for what, a month MAYBE? While there were muttiple other toons on the PVP board far ahead of her?

Oh and you needed JKAs ship, though that was meta from Mace.

Luckily GAS isn’t as dominant as Malak was.

Nothing in this post is accurate except the last line.

Padme team is stronger and better/more relevant than OR team ever was (currently second best squad in the game behind Dr/Malak). OR was a b team at best and is now a c team. You forgot to even mention sep droids who are also probably the 3rd best squad behind Padme and DR. Assaj is the weak link in the whole event and she's part of a b team that most already have at g12 and doesn't need g13 for the event

ShaakTi clones is better than OR ever was, although with GAS I'm not sure where she will fit in

Mace was never meta either, but jka is a solid ship.