They can't write ?! 3 more words too much ? FO feat : "It's a Trap"

Prev13
brightness_man
9 posts Member
edited November 2019
So, this will be a ranting post, i guess.
I went into GA, saw : " Win a Grand Arena battle with a squad containing three First Order Military characters".

As a naive player,i didn't think i was supposed to head to forums, find an obscure post about this new GA, find the part where they discuss the new Feats, pull up my glasses, and notice the tiny part between parentheses ...
FO military are any FO except Kylos.

Yea, i didn't know.
So i went into battle with 3 G8 FO (1 kylo), my Malak, and won.
But feat didn't register.
So I head to discord to discuss it.
And there, people enlightened me...

Now my question :
"Is it my fault that i didn't know about Kylos beind excluded" ?
Or
"Is it CG's fault, for not informing me about it ingame" ?

Because, i lost 12 banners to do this feat (i went from a 64 banners fight to a 52 banners fight).
So this impacts me seriously for my GAC.
And i still haven't done my feat, which could cost me 80 more banners, as i'm not sure i'll be able to do that feat again.
And even if i do, it'll cost me another 12 banners.

So who is responsible here ?!

How hard would it be to word the feat as :
" Win a Grand Arena battle with a squad containing three First Order Military characters, excluding both kylos "
3 more words.
that's all i would have needed to understand.

So, WHO IS ACCOUNTABLE ??

:'(
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Options
    Little bit of both. CG should put something in game but players should keep up with dev posts if they care about knowing what is going on.
  • BobcatSkywalker
    2194 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Feats... not... working...
  • Options
    CamaroAMF wrote: »
    Little bit of both. CG should put something in game but players should keep up with dev posts if they care about knowing what is going on.

Sadly, I agree with this. Ideally everything you need to know about the game and various modes would be in game. But it’s not, so you are free to beat up CG on this front.

But, this has been their standard practice since the game launched. If you’re far enough into the game to open up GAC you should know that communication is not CG’s strong suit and the forums are a worthwhile resource. Not knowing about this particular feat is, unfortunately, your responsibility.
  • Options

Srry .... but the dev post mentioned 3 first order military troopers ... and the feat. Characters instead of troopers... so yeah .... more confusion! :/
  • Options
    ESH
  • Options
    jhbuchholz wrote: »

Sadly, I agree with this. Ideally everything you need to know about the game and various modes would be in game. But it’s not, so you are free to beat up CG on this front.

But, this has been their standard practice since the game launched. If you’re far enough into the game to open up GAC you should know that communication is not CG’s strong suit and the forums are a worthwhile resource. Not knowing about this particular feat is, unfortunately, your responsibility.
    This. It's actually kind of pitiful that "CG doesn't communicate well, we should all know better and expect it" is where we are, but it's the truth.

Whenever I'm unsure about something in the game, I come to the forums - to read what the players have to say, because I know CG isn't going to say anything - at least for several hours....and then probably on Reddit first. And maybe a brief announcement in the have the next day. And that's rare.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options

Now my question :
    "Is it my fault that i didn't know about Kylos beind excluded" ?
    I am sorry, but the answer here is "yes". Of course one could say that it could have been more clear... on the other hand in my opinion the wording is clear enough. Since when has Kylo been a military character? Exactly, never. It may sound hard but people should use their brain from time to time. ;)
  • Options
    Man these ga upgrade rewards must be something special for people to get all worked up over 80 points and 25 coins
  • Ultra
    11538 posts Moderator
    Options
    Efranzblau wrote: »
    ESH
    We really need to start discussing threads like that subreddit
  • Options
    Worst part is I used this as a short feat as well. I’ll get it next round but just annoying.
  • Options
    Think that’s bad? The feat of the Kylo rens doesn’t work either. Took my full FO squad in to a fight. KRU, KR, FOX, FOO, and FOPSF.

I got credit for the three FO officers feat but zero credit towards the Kylo kills even though they even killed some of the team.
  • Options
    Worst part is, the wording of the feat is pointless. As for now only the two of them matt aren't military. Just write "use a full FO team" or make a feat "use First order without both of the kylos" if you want to go that Route. This is tempting people to go undersized unnecessary
  • Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Think that’s bad? The feat of the Kylo rens doesn’t work either. Took my full FO squad in to a fight. KRU, KR, FOX, FOO, and FOPSF.

I got credit for the three FO officers feat but zero credit towards the Kylo kills even though they even killed some of the team.

Yes same here kylo feat is broken
  • Options

No u shouldn't even know about the forums or reddit or anything else. All information must be in the game except those when u see a "for more information look at the forums". This is not a data base for MMORPG and 90% of players are just a players they don't know about forums and here's no usefull info for them and etc. Also there is a lot of people who don't even speak english to visit that forum and maybe it's about ~80% of those 90%.
  • Options
    I know, it is almost as if they expect players to have basic reading comprehension. CG really should know better by now.
  • Options
    exsul wrote: »

No u shouldn't even know about the forums or reddit or anything else. All information must be in the game except those when u see a "for more information look at the forums". This is not a data base for MMORPG and 90% of players are just a players they don't know about forums and here's no usefull info for them and etc. Also there is a lot of people who don't even speak english to visit that forum and maybe it's about ~80% of those 90%.

So... in your game, on the left side of the main cantina screen, click on the “Inbox” icon. What’s the tab on the far right? Oh... it’s the “Forum” tab. Go ahead and click on that and see what happens. Then, if you go back and click on the “Newsletter” tab just to the left of that “Forum” tab, there’s a permanent link to game updates.

If you want to argue that players shouldn’t have to go to Reddit or other third party websites to get official info and updates, that’s understandable. But saying they shouldn’t know about the forums... well, that’s just silly.
  • AnnerDoon
    1353 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    That said, I think the devs could push a notification to that tab whenever an update is posted on the forum. A little red dot on the inbox icon would go a long way toward notifying the playerbase of updates and other official information.
  • Options
    There is a discord bot that does this.
  • AnnerDoon
    1353 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    There are a few discord bots that do it. It would still be beneficial to have an in-game notification.
    Post edited by AnnerDoon on
  • Options
    I’d vote both parties are at fault too. I read the feat and thought “what exactly is FO military???” So I went to forums and found the obscure post about it.
  • Options
    TheRHOMBUS wrote: »
    Stokat wrote: »
    I know, it is almost as if they expect players to have basic reading comprehension. CG really should know better by now.

But... adding 2-3 more words would have cleared it up for everybody. ... “ NO KYLOS”.

Another over sight by CG? Shocked they couldn’t carry a good idea through to the end.

The ingame feat clearly says "3 Military characters". If you watched the movies in which Kylo appears, you should know well enough that he has nothing to to with the Military. Remember how Hux reacted when he said he would take control? He didn't respect him because Kylo had no military understanding at all.
  • Options
    CadoaBane wrote: »

But... adding 2-3 more words would have cleared it up for everybody. ... “ NO KYLOS”.

Another over sight by CG? Shocked they couldn’t carry a good idea through to the end.

The ingame feat clearly says "3 Military characters". If you watched the movies in which Kylo appears, you should know well enough that he has nothing to to with the Military. Remember how Hux reacted when he said he would take control? He didn't respect him because Kylo had no military understanding at all.
    To say it is clear or obvious what they meant by “military” is disingenuous.
  • Options
    When you read the feat, what goes through your head? FO military. Kylo has never been part of the FO military (so far). To think that he has would be to think that Palpatine was part of the Imperial army, which he was not.
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • Options
    When you read the feat, what goes through your head? FO military. Kylo has never been part of the FO military (so far). To think that he has would be to think that Palpatine was part of the Imperial army, which he was not.
    None of that goes through my head. What went through my head was “what on earth does that mean?” So I came here and found out.

People saying it should have been made clear in-game are correct.

People saying that FO Military was “obviously” everyone bar the 2 Kylos are being deliberately obtuse.
  • Options

Okay -So CAPTAIN Phasma didn't take ORDERS from Kylo Ren to kill them all and torch that village?

And CAPTAIN Phasma didn't ORDER FIN --FN 2187 to report to her??

Sure did. Want me to really go through that movie and push more counter points than you got points?

I hope you realize this is poor reasoning for an ingame message to not be clear. It wasn't clear. My goodness. What is wrong with you?
  • Options

He did take control after Snoke's death though, at which he point he effectively became the commander-in-chief of the entire FO military machine. He further acted as general-in-chief when he personally led the FO in the Battle of Crait. Woah. Mind blown.

1994sylezfhc.gif

I'll leave you with your own advice:
    It may sound hard but people should use their brain from time to time. ;)
  • Options
    Lasod wrote: »
    Man these ga upgrade rewards must be something special for people to get all worked up over 80 points and 25 coins

The portrait is certainly something special. Otherwise the feat would be barely worth the effort.

exeq07hczzb9.png