Leave GA to update roster?

Prev1
So, roster is locked in GA and there is no leave / rejoin button. Looks like a terrible "fix" since from today until tomorrow I will have updates which i can't use due to amazing UX/UA experience. Any fix on that?
@CG_TopHat

Replies

• Options
    I believe that your division is decided when you join the GAC but your roster isn't 'snapshot' until the start of the round of the individual GA rounds
  • Options
    Lysandrax wrote: »
    I believe that your division is decided when you join the GAC but your roster isn't 'snapshot' until the start of the round of the individual GA rounds

From the Devs in the last update,

"We had an omission from our most recent patch notes. We’ve changed when the roster lock occurs for both TW and GAC matchmaking. Previously, your roster did not have a snapshot of your collection taken until the moment matchmaking had begun. This resulted in some players rosters being updated after the moment matchmaking by the nature of the system going through and taking snapshots of everyone’s roster. Now, when you click the Join button your roster is snapped. For TW, if you exit, you are removed from matchmaking consideration. When you rejoin, your roster is snapped again at that moment. Apologies for the omission."
  • Options
    Barik_Edo wrote: »
    Lysandrax wrote: »

From the Devs in the last update,

"We had an omission from our most recent patch notes. We’ve changed when the roster lock occurs for both TW and GAC matchmaking. Previously, your roster did not have a snapshot of your collection taken until the moment matchmaking had begun. This resulted in some players rosters being updated after the moment matchmaking by the nature of the system going through and taking snapshots of everyone’s roster. Now, when you click the Join button your roster is snapped. For TW, if you exit, you are removed from matchmaking consideration. When you rejoin, your roster is snapped again at that moment. Apologies for the omission."

Fair enough, i only skimmed it for the TW info.
    Thanks CG
  • Options
    Ever wonder why ice cubes are so boring?
    It's because you make them out of stupid water, you bimbo! Put some fruit juice in there! Turn it into ice cubes and put THAT in your milk!
  • Options
    Ridiculous that this wasn’t atleast informed in game!

I have only just seen this having already join GAC and spent money to boost Jolee to G13 (as I was really close and it helps my squad a lot)

So if that is money I would never have spent if a) I gained no benefit immediately, b) I had another day of farming before GAC (now a week extra as he won’t count until then)

Are CG 1) going to start communicating better and with more notice, and 2) going to refund all the crystals used in the run up to GAC

Obviously the answer to both questions in no.

It is really hard to stay motivated for this game right now, the policy of no communications and stumbling from disaster to disaster is making it hard for even the most ardent fans to stay excited about the daily grind.
  • Options
    Working as designed is the response. They see no communication issues.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/no-function-in-GA-join-period-to-back-out-rejoin-to-update-mods/
  • Options
    So they change when your roster locks without notice. I just hope I get matched up with someone who's mods are more messed up then mine.
  • Options
    Vice_torn wrote: »
    So they change when your roster locks without notice. I just hope I get matched up with someone who's mods are more messed up then mine.

That's one point of why i like to have each toon its own mods, never understood folks who are constantly shifting them around.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Options
    Kisakee wrote: »

That's one point of why i like to have each toon its own mods, never understood folks who are constantly shifting them around.

Cool story, bro.
  • Options
    i dont have mods my sith empire ,jedi and galactic republic teams and i register gac fix please this is big problem
  • Options

Cool story, bro.

What's your point again?
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options

There was notice.
  • Options
    Any update ? Can we have a hot fix before ga begin?!! That’s ridiculous
  • Options
    well forget that anything is done before GAC is starting, you can just hope CG messes it up again and cancels the actual GAC :D
    Swiss Garde Officer, drop me a message if you're interested joining
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    Options
    Manumicio wrote: »
    well forget that anything is done before GAC is starting, you can just hope CG messes it up again and cancels the actual GAC :D

I think that's your best bet right now. Kind of sad you not only have to hope for that but actually can for a real chance..
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Options
    pånøs wrote: »
    Working as designed is the response. They see no communication issues.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/no-function-in-GA-join-period-to-back-out-rejoin-to-update-mods/

One thing that apparently isn't working as designed: the "roster lock" countdown timer which is, under current roster lock rules, just plain wrong.
  • Options
    I wish I would've known about that snapshot thing before I clicked "Join" and then geared and zeta'd a few characters, thinking they'd be ready for GA. In TW, at least you can exit and rejoin, but in GA, you're basically screwed. Thanks again CG for making what was a simple concept a completely and unnecessarily convoluted one. :/
  • Options
    Kluge wrote: »

How can you say they did this "without notice" when it was disclosed. Failure to familiarize yourself with updates is your failure, not theirs.

Being disclosed on the forums is different than having an in-game message. Not all of us watch the forums like hawks.
  • Options

For most of my squads the same is true, too. But there are always exceptions, e.g. when I get lucky with slicing and decide that someone else can make better use of a certain mod. Then it may not be forgotten to fill the holes later, especially with a new GAC coming up.
  • Options

Cool story, bro.

Remember how irritating it was when people said this in 2012? That hasn't changed.
  • Options

Cool story, bro.

Remember how irritating it was when people said this in 2012? That hasn't changed.

Cool story, bro.
  • Options
    CadoaBane wrote: »

For most of my squads the same is true, too. But there are always exceptions, e.g. when I get lucky with slicing and decide that someone else can make better use of a certain mod. Then it may not be forgotten to fill the holes later, especially with a new GAC coming up.

That's totally understandable. What i meant is when people tend to switch the same set of mods around on different teams for TB, raids, arena and stuff every day. This would drive me crazy.
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Options
    Shaddes wrote: »
    SemiGod wrote: »
    Why is a mushroom so popular?

Because hes a Fungi

Stop detailing threads troll. Reporting every joke as spam from now on.

You must be loads of fun at parties.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    lol another unforced error. get it together, cg
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • TVF
    36717 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Shaddes wrote: »
    SemiGod wrote: »
    Why is a mushroom so popular?

Because hes a Fungi

Stop detailing threads troll. Reporting every joke as spam from now on.

You must be loads of fun at parties.

But the joker got thrown out of the party after the cops were called, and I agree that it was extremely annoying.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    CadoaBane wrote: »

That's totally understandable. What i meant is when people tend to switch the same set of mods around on different teams for TB, raids, arena and stuff every day. This would drive me crazy.

I know, that would also be way too much work in my opinion. I just wanted to point out that the inventory lock issue can also affect people who don't do that.