GAC scoring

Prev1
If you take more than one attempt to beat a team, you should lose any chance at bonus points in GAC for protection, unused characters etc. if you can’t beat it first try, you don’t deserve to beat someone that beat the same amount of teams as you that did beat it on first try. The fact that I just lost a GAC matchup when I cleared the same amount of teams as my opponent on my first try and he took two tries on two of my opponents, means the scoring system is broken. Under no circumstance should this occur. You guys are a joke

Replies

• Options
    srwhitewvu wrote: »
    If you take more than one attempt to beat a team, you should lose any chance at bonus points in GAC for protection, unused characters etc. if you can’t beat it first try, you don’t deserve to beat someone that beat the same amount of teams as you that did beat it on first try. The fact that I just lost a GAC matchup when I cleared the same amount of teams as my opponent on my first try and he took two tries on two of my opponents, means the scoring system is broken. Under no circumstance should this occur. You guys are a joke

So you think that just because someone lost 20 points on a battle, that you should win even though you lost more than 20 points across all battles? That is a joke.
  • Options
    If you can’t beat someone on the first try twice, you aren’t as good as someone that can beat the same amount of teams in the first try. I don’t care how good you do in your other battles. If it takes more than one attempt twice and the other guy doesn’t lose, the person who took less tries is better. This is common sense.
  • Options
    Sorry, but it makes gac more interesting if you still have a chance to win even if you lose one battle. Conversely, it’s also more interesting if you know you can still lose and still have to be efficient and use good counters.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • Options
    If you can’t beat someone on the first try twice, you aren’t as good as someone that can beat the same amount of teams in the first try. I don’t care how good you do in your other battles. If it takes more than one attempt twice and the other guy doesn’t lose, the person who took less tries is better. This is common sense.

It's not common sense at all. You did so poorly that someone who lost a battle was able to outscore you. Obviously, you aren't better. You limped by. That's how points work.

According to your logic, whoever loses the least amount of games in a season should be crowned champion, regardless of the competition they faced or who anyone else faced, because they lost less games so obviously they're the best.
  • Options
    You lost. Get over it.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    the max banners you can earn on the 2nd try is only 44. That's less than winning on the first try with 1 unit left without full protection and health (46 banners).
    Not sure what the problem is..
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    leef wrote: »
    the max banners you can earn on the 2nd try is only 44. That's less than winning on the first try with 1 unit left without full protection and health (46 banners).
    Not sure what the problem is..

The problem is OP managed to play inefficiently enough that their opponent could make up for 2 extra battles, but feels entitled to a win despite performing worse according to the established scoring method.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Options
    If you can’t beat someone on the first try twice, you aren’t as good as someone that can beat the same amount of teams in the first try. I don’t care how good you do in your other battles. If it takes more than one attempt twice and the other guy doesn’t lose, the person who took less tries is better
    If you clear everything on first attempt and still lose to someone that just dropped 20 banners for each loss, you are clearly not better.

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    If you can’t beat someone on the first try twice, you aren’t as good as someone that can beat the same amount of teams in the first try.

Your opponent's kills were apparently far more clean than yours. Your victories were messy with lots of banners lost (dead or wounded characters). Yet you claim, that you performed better....oh, well......
    I don’t care how good you do in your other battles.

It seems as if you really ought to care jow you yourself do in your battles. Just some friendly advice.
  • Options

False. GAC is about allocating your roster resources and how decisive your victory is. If you lost to someone who lost battles on 2 matches, then you did a pretty weak job of winning your matches to allow them to make up that many points.
  • Options
    If you lost despite having an extra 40 banners from first-try bonuses, that means your battles were
    U L T R A S L O P P Y
    and that's why you lost.

Also, you can earn 66 banners in the fleet battle pretty easily, so your opponent probably made up a bit of ground there.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    the guy who couldn’t beat my teams on the first attempt is way worse at managing a roster than me because he lost battles when I didn’t. This game is about winning battles nor awarding people who can’t win thrm
  • Options
    This game is about winning battles nor awarding people who can’t win thrm

False. It's about getting the most banners. You got fewer banners, because, again:

U L T R A S L O P P Y S A U C E

so you lost. That's all there is to it.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    the guy who couldn’t beat my teams on the first attempt is way worse at managing a roster than me because he lost battles when I didn’t. This game is about winning battles nor awarding people who can’t win thrm

So you're saying someone who uses 4 people on offense should not get more points for the fight then someone who needed all 5 people to win the fight? If someone is capable of using undersized squads multiple times on offense that seems like a good sign that they know how to manage their roster.
  • Options
    No I’m saying if someone loses on the first time twice and the other person doesn’t lose once, the person who lost twice should not have a chance to win if they win an equal amount of battles. The person who lost twice lost and therefore is not as good.
  • Options
    No I’m saying if someone loses on the first time twice and the other person doesn’t lose once, the person who lost twice should not have a chance to win if they win an equal amount of battles. The person who lost twice lost and therefore is not as good.

The person who lost twice has a better understanding of the scoring system, and is therefore better.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    I don't know how its even possible that you lost while clearing everything on the first try when your opponent lost two battles. That's impressively bad play by you.
  • Options
    First of all either of us cleared. Both of us couldn’t beat the other’s darth Revan. Second of all, the goal of this game is to win matches. The scoring system should not be such that someone can beat someone when they lose the match. Under the current scoring system, someone could win the match with one toon left and less than full health and protection and score 51 points. Then the other person could face the same team lose the match leaving the team with one toon with little health left, they can then use one toon and take out the last team and score 54 points. This is total nonsense as clearly the player that actually won on the first try performed better than the guy that didn’t. The system rewards mediocrity. I like systems that reward winning. It is a joke.
  • Options
    First of all either of us cleared. Both of us couldn’t beat the other’s darth Revan. Second of all, the goal of this game is to win matches. The scoring system should not be such that someone can beat someone when they lose the match. Under the current scoring system, someone could win the match with one toon left and less than full health and protection and score 51 points. Then the other person could face the same team lose the match leaving the team with one toon with little health left, they can then use one toon and take out the last team and score 54 points. This is total nonsense as clearly the player that actually won on the first try performed better than the guy that didn’t. The system rewards mediocrity. I like systems that reward winning. It is a joke.

Wrong max score on 2nd try is 44 points
  • Options
    Also, I didn’t play that sloppily, I averaged 59.4 points on my 5 wins so there is that
  • Options
    If you are correct, the max you can get on 2nd try, then it would have been mathematically impossible for him to beat me as he would have had to average 71.66 points on the three other tries to get the score he got which I know is not possible.
  • Options
    Yeah, I think something is wrong with the scoring. Even if it’s 54 max on second try, he would have had to average 65 on the three other tries which is definitely not possible
  • Options
    g4cp34mgjbu6.png
    4i0u0eggjzwg.png
    trb4lapa9oxb.png
    qd8tmy9z8m8d.png
  • Options
    6iaqzpzynlxa.png
    8pznwy36puhv.png
  • Options

Your scoring is off as DuneFlint pointed out. But regardless, look at it this way. All the individual "matches" you are referring to are collectively just one single match. Each individual battle is a round that makes up the match. Just like in boxing, you can lose one or two rounds and still win the match by winning more rounds than the other guy. So, you did win a few rounds, but your opponent won more rounds than you did and therefore won the match.
  • DuneFlint
    648 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Can we see your drevan zone? Did you maybe only put 2 defenses there instead of 3? If you put all 3 that means they actually beat 6 teams, 4 on bottom, 2 on top
  • Options
    Also, you could be cool about it and message him in game. Just ask how he pulled it off. I've learned a few tricks by chatting opponents up.
  • Options
    ^^^ toon sectors are worth 180 banners for conqueror and ship sector is worth 153 banners. Him taking your toon sector was more worth it. Also who knows if he used undersized teams or not to get more banner.