So the Geo LSTB requires a Minimum 790million GP to get max stars?!

Replies

• Options
    Level cap increase could help us also. Give us levels 90-95.
  • Options

Level increase will do very little, outside of require us to spend credits. Without a new progression that requires the level, it's mostly meaningless.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    StarSon wrote: »

Level increase will do very little, outside of require us to spend credits. Without a new progression that requires the level, it's mostly meaningless.

It will increase gp for deploy, though.
  • Options
    Credits 2 !
  • Options
    Nauros wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »

It will increase gp for deploy, though.

As I said...
    mostly meaningless

10M GP isn't going to put a dent in Geo LSTB deploy scores.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Credits 2 !

Don't give them ideas...
  • salamimeister3
    15 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    The rest of the GP, which has to be filled up by deployments is 315,836,667 to be exact (if everyone completes the ship battle and platoons are maxed). To get 3*, this would require an average ship GP of 6,316,733. Just let that sink in...
    Btw the player with the highest total GP in the game is at 6,990,000.
  • Options
    Credits 2 !

Don't give them ideas...

Ha. It makes the most sense from a cg perspective. People have so much saved up( I am not one of them)

We have also been talking about a level cap increase for a long time. With relics here now, they can probably green light a lot more of their plans.

It would really hurt new players again though.
  • Options
    It’s always been annoying to me how TB is gated by GP. Such a small percentage of points actually comes from doing battles. It makes the battles feel meaningless.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    The rest of the GP, which has to be filled up by deployments is 315,836,667 to be exact (if everyone completes the ship battle and platoons are maxed). To get 3*, this would require an average ship GP of 6,316,733. Just let that sink in...

Three possibilities:
    1: This TB is meant to last for years before anyone full-clears it, boring us to death in the meantime.
    2: There is some significant progression coming soon (again).
    3: They goofed up.
  • Options
    Such a small percentage of points actually comes from doing battles. It makes the battles feel meaningless.

And then on top of that, they make them ridiculously difficult, which combined with the low reward compared to deployment makes you feel like an **** for even trying.

Now, don't get me wrong, I'm developing teams for TB. My Geos are finally good to kill Acklay and Wat, no problem. Working on my droids - mostly for GA$, but also for TB - and trying to fill in my Traya squad (I know, I generally neglected DS toons for a long time b/c I'm a **** for the hero types) and round out my DR squad too, without letting my Padme, Clones, or Fleet get too far behind. But with all that work to do, progress on TB missions is happening slowly.

But with having to donate Badstila, Revan, and Malak to so many platoons, it's hard to contribute much at all beyond deploying once you hit p3 (since Geos are devoted to special missions).

Setting the star-bar so high that no one can possibly get there (I didn't look, but it's probably literally impossible to even get the 2nd star) just makes the whole TB that much more pointless.

Why, CG? I really understand making end-game content. Like content that requires 4x relic'd squads to complete. But designing events or TBs that require improvements and abilities that don't even exist in the game yet seems far more sadistic than anything that might be called good game design.
  • Options
    Well... maybe after getting beat down enough in our first attempt on Geonosis, me and General Skywalker will spend some time on Hoth...
  • Options

Three possibilities:
    1: This TB is meant to last for years before anyone full-clears it, boring us to death in the meantime.
    2: There is some significant progression coming soon (again).
    3: They goofed up.

option 2 is my guess. Death star Cap ship will be the Feb raid reward and it'll be 3 mil GP on it's own. Calling it now ;)
  • Options
    Well... maybe after getting beat down enough in our first attempt on Geonosis, me and General Skywalker will spend some time on Hoth...

Take the beating with us all.

I still think they will eventually tweak the difficulty.
    In ds Tb phase 4 some of those battles are impossible. I can only imagine for lstb where the mix of platoons, difficulty, and wet noodle lightsabers it’s going to be a blood bath!

But I’m happy to try out some teams.
  • Options
    @EduardoCadav

I think "goofed" is far more likely. The last few level caps increased toons power levels by 5. Is a 5 level increase in toons going to double their GP? Of course not. It will make very little difference compared to Relics.

While there are quite a large number of people with at least 1 Relic7 toon when speaking in absolute terms, in percentage terms, the amount of players with even 1 relic7 toon is quite low. If relics aren't going to get us to 6.33M gp per player, then a level increase isn't going to get us there.

Of course, the second half of your answer was sarcastic, so maybe the first bit about believing power increases are coming was likewise sarcastic. In that case, excuse this comment.

In any other case, I think that has to be a goof. There's no way I'm going to continue playing this game long enough to Relic-7 every pilot, and I've been playing almost 4 years already. Think about the people starting out. None of them will ever get there without spending at least $2k, probably more. None.
  • Options
    Yeah, I’ll try it. But I mean, this is pretty ridiculous. It’s like we complained about the TB characters having too high a tenacity and too much HP, and they said: “Alright. We hear you and understand.” Then they increased the rarity requirement to 7* across the board and made the TP threshold for each territory star insanely high.

I feel like only the Devil searches for loopholes like that.
  • Options
    Enas_Yorl wrote: »
    No need to say mre here. But i like to hear the voices of the CG defenders....

You aren't meant to full clear this for at least a year. Calm down because you can't finish stuff the week it comes out. You're like the folks who were mad when Rancor came out because "What do you mean I have to finish 30 Rancors to 7* Han?!" And, yet, here we are now with Hans coming out of our eyeballs because the game is put together with a long view instead of the instant gratification you want.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    Kluge wrote: »
    We wanted ship content !!

No, we wanted ships to be discontinued, like the original tournaments...

No, you want that. There's a lot of us that like ships, don't put words in our mouths.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    Austin9370 wrote: »
    Kluge wrote: »
    We wanted ship content !!

No, we wanted ships to be discontinued, like the original tournaments...

When did you become emperor of the SWGOH players? Can we get a re-vote or if need be a hostile overthrow?

Ships have a place in this game and are not going away. A health mix of character, ship, and blended content will be the norm.

Kluge is Emperor of I Don't Like Everything and Speak For Everyone
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    If you want to post a non-sequitur, you have to make sure you do it in the appropriate thread where people are already discussing the topic of your non-sequitur. Otherwise it just wouldn't follow.
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    Enas_Yorl wrote: »
    No need to say mre here. But i like to hear the voices of the CG defenders....

You aren't meant to full clear this for at least a year. Calm down because you can't finish stuff the week it comes out. You're like the folks who were mad when Rancor came out because "What do you mean I have to finish 30 Rancors to 7* Han?!" And, yet, here we are now with Hans coming out of our eyeballs because the game is put together with a long view instead of the instant gratification you want.

It'll take way longer than a year to full clear this. Considering the amount of ship GP we need, if they release 2 ships per month, we will have the raw GP to full clear in early 2023.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    Lol the guilds gonna be wrecked by needing 790mGP (seems un fathomable) is ridonkulous

Ya hit 200 mil and ppl be like ....... gotta leave boys 200mil is newbb guild
  • Options
    Atarius wrote: »
    Why should they release new content, if it is beaten right at the beginning (max stars)? The new content takes a lot of time to create and shouldn't be "done" by players on day one.

It worries me much more that the gap between new players and vets get even bigger and bigger ... and so new players avoid SWGOH because they think (or know) that they are just little fishes in a sea of sharks

Theres a thing called balance. Something no one involved with star wars has figured out yet
  • Options
    790m gp for full stars confirmed as wai...

Phase 4 platoons effecting phase 3 combat confirmed as wai...

500m gp of ships (10m gp per person) confirmed as wai...

Only thing not confirmed is how much the packs will cost to buy relic 15...