This is not acceptable to rerun LSTB

Prev1345
DarthBarron
339 posts Member
edited December 2019
This is the worst possible decision. You broke the cadence, and now, critical resources, such as Wat (who would have been 7 starred) and GET 2 that were planned for distribution are going to get shifted several weeks while we "play" through content where every indication is that the stars achieveable will not provide equivalent rewards to what a guild could expect running DSTB. Simply not an acceptable choice. I was earning enough GET 2 in DSTB if it were to run to 7* my capitol ship. Now there is a good chance that won't happen. Poor decision. Very disappointed.
Do or Do not.

DarthBarron (Kevin, aka KevWalker)
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Options
    I concur. The idea of running that ridiculousness again, twice in the same month, is enough to make me gag.
  • Options
    Considering we shouldn't have had DS GEO TB while LS TBs were running I think it's fine.

You do know we weren't supposed to have DS GEO TB run for LS and DS right?
  • Options
    Baby_Yoda wrote: »
    Considering we shouldn't have had DS GEO TB while LS TBs were running I think it's fine.

Says who? It wasn't an accident. They set it up that way so I don't know what you mean "we weren't supposed to" get 2 per month. Hoth had no GET2 so that's why we were running the DS Geo TB twice a month.
  • Options
    ROFL.....re-read CG's comment. It literally says, we really need you guys to beta test this for us......so we are going to force you to run it again.
  • Options
    Baby_Yoda wrote: »

Umm.. the calendar had both the LS version running and then the DS version running this month. The clearly altered their plan, due to their failed and bugged launch. TB's are always run in pairs, one DS and one LS per month.
    Do or Do not.

• Ultra
    11538 posts Moderator
    Options
    They said they will re-run it later this month

And its fine, if you don't like it then play Hoth TB
  • Options
    Right about par for CG lately
  • Options
    Bad idea to cancel ds Tb without giving us the appropriate rewards for the ds Tb when you failed to deliver a working ls Tb!
  • Options
    If they really believed it's balanced correctly, they should let us pick which ever TB we want to do. Then they'll truly be able to measure the level of engagement of GeoLS.

• Options
    That is not good, bad idea
  • Psychosaur
    27 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    No, it’s not fine. They halved the frequency of dark side geo in favour of this ridiculous nonsense, screwed it up, and then they also skip the single dark side geo that at least would have normally occured this month in exchange of another round of ridiculous nonsense. Plain outrageous! Resume in January? Seriously?!
  • Rudra
    8 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    CG, this is absolute Bull Crap. We, as a player base, want to run DS Geo. Read the temperature in the forums and reddit. No one likes LS geo. Wake up and make the right call. Let us play DS Geo. We need Wat shards and we want to actually play something, not just deploy.

It is absolutely unacceptable to make us pay for your mistakes and incompetence when it comes to big releases.
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »

It's not whether "I like it or not" , it's the fact that they are delaying DS Geo TB that provides certain unique rewards and a certain level of rewards until January.
    Do or Do not.

• Options
    DO NOT DO THIS CG! This is a bad call. It's the holiday season. Give us the TB that works and has the rewards we want.
  • Ultra
    11538 posts Moderator
    Options

It's not whether "I like it or not" , it's the fact that they are delaying DS Geo TB that provides certain unique rewards and a certain level of rewards until January.
    You can get the same rewards but with less quantity from LS TB if you choose to play that over Hoth

LS TB is the newest TB that hasn't had a full successful run yet
  • Options

You can get the same rewards but with less quantity from LS TB if you choose to play that over Hoth

So hoth gives Wat shards.. that's new....
    Do or Do not.

• Ultra
    11538 posts Moderator
    Options

You can get Wat on January

If LS TB wasn't so difficult, you'd be rejoicing this news. You aren't being objective but subjective to what you and your guild can do
    We’ve opted to re-run Republic Offensive, because we would like to have a complete run of Republic Offensive to assess player/guild performance. We will resume our regular schedule in January.

This part is very important for the developers to collect data on before they decide whether to retune the TB or not
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    It is very frustrating for sure. I only need 8 more WAT shards to get him to 7*. I have been farming his 2 gear 11 finisher pieces, and gear 12 pieces.

I already put the final pieces together. I want the gear pieces back so I can use on other characters.

This is CG's Screw up. Give us a light and darkside to run at the same time as a compromise. DOn't F*** over your playerbase for YOUR mistakes.
  • Options

You can get Wat on January

If LS TB wasn't so difficult, you'd be rejoicing this news. You aren't being objective but subjective to what you and your guild can do
    We’ve opted to re-run Republic Offensive, because we would like to have a complete run of Republic Offensive to assess player/guild performance. We will resume our regular schedule in January.

This part is very important for the developers to collect data on before they decide whether to retune the TB or not

So, what is the harm in keeping the cadence and running it in January as scheduled? There is no immediate benefit to changing the cadence, the data gets collected a little bit sooner at the expense of player enjoyment and running a known quantity for players to enjoy and work to goals that were established.

If it is pure data collection, seems selfish and shortsighted on the devs part. So, we just have to agree to disagree. I think it is a bad decision that has a real impact on players and does more harm than waiting and running it again in the normal cadence for their data collection.
    Do or Do not.

• Options
    Wow, yeah let's rerun that dumpster fire. This is terrible. My guild literally didn't have a single person complete a single wave in phase 1, and now you want to rob us of what we would have gotten from dark side??? There better be a compensation for this.
  • Options
    If it is pure data collection, seems selfish and shortsighted on the devs part. So, we just have to agree to disagree. I think it is a bad decision that has a real impact on players and does more harm than waiting and running it again in the normal cadence for their data collection.

Not to mention we know full-well they aren't going to retune it, no matter what the data shows.
  • Options
    We all know they do everything for top-10 guilds only, so those guilds gonna get enough fun and rewards. The rest 99% of player base should shut up and accept what they're offered / quit / show their rage at forums or reddit - every option gonna lead to same result...
  • Options
    When 95% of guilds don’t even try it hopefully that will be enough data fort them...
  • Options
    You are just not the target audience for devs if you don't whale hard enough to have all required squads and pilots + mods at the levels to beat LS GeoTB
  • Options
    I agree not acceptable we knew the cadence we planned based on the cadence and now they mess with it because they would like to try something. Why not ask the community what they would want and then act.
  • Options
    You are just not the target audience for devs if you don't whale hard enough to have all required squads and pilots + mods at the levels to beat LS GeoTB

Statistically There are 0 guilds that can “beat” ls geo
  • Options

Statistically the population density of sentient beings in the universe is zero. Given that the universe has infinite volume and that there are a finite number of sentients in the universe ... finite/infinite = 0*.

I'm not entire sure why that's relevant, but I hope you enjoyed the thought exercise.

* Special thanks to Douglas Adams for pointing this out to me.
  • Options

My "beat" = earn more stars than just deploying. Don't be that kind of "smart"
  • Randocalrissian
    572 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Options

Statistically the population density of sentient beings in the universe is zero. Given that the universe has infinite volume and that there are a finite number of sentients in the universe ... finite/infinite = 0*.

I'm not entire sure why that's relevant, but I hope you enjoyed the thought exercise.

* Special thanks to Douglas Adams for pointing this out to me.

Lucky for us CG obviously operates in a universe where this isn’t true.....